Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Invisible Bugs crawling on skin? Strange sensation...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 1001-1008 comments:
My husband has these same symptoms and, I notice they get worst when he's under stress.
I notice that when it rains, I get this sensation.  I especially think its worse in my office or basement.  My office is 30% subterranean and my basement 100% submerged.   I'm thinking it could have to do with molds in the air landing on our skin and causing these sensations.  
Anti-histamines help.  Benedryl puts me to sleep so some nights that's good.  Allegra doesn't make me tired.  Benedryl seems to work better so the drousiness is a tradeoff.   I also find   bathing in apple sider vinegar, followed by epiderm soap, followed by almost scalding hot water, followed my water as cold as you can take it.   The hot water hurts but feels so good.  Sounds crazy.   Cold water also feels good and closes pores.   Provides hours of relief.
In addition to believing my issue could be caused by molds, there is a possibility it is a contact dermatitis caused by none other than daffordils.  I had them all over our yard and have come to learn from various sites that daffodils are the #1 cause of contact dermatitis.   I've now gotten rid of all the daffodils.  Crazy.
I am going to the grocery store tomorrow to start this cleanse process.  I am praying this will help me too.  What foods should I not eat?  I love carbs, I love cheese.  So I probably should ask what SHOULD I eat to keep this from happening again.  
My gf and I went through something like this. I believe that we had mites and perhaps other micro-critters. After washing everything repeatedly, poisons and changing out every detergent, soap and cleanser, I finally rented an ozone generator and used it to kill every organic thing in the house and the biting stopped immediately. She still feels something in her car and I'll treat it next week. I hope this help just as a sweeping way to rule out critters. * I should mention that ozone is not to be toyed with, you'll need to hire a service or do some reading on preparation and airing the house afterwards. I hope this helps.
I totally didn't think anyone would reply! This started months ago, so I can't really remember if it's stress related. I really don't know. I can be a high-stress person at times, so maybe?
OMG I even have lesions that will not heal and have had thise for 4 yrs now. I have been so very depressed for all 4 of these yrs now that I have almost given up on everything. This is my last resort. As bad as I love to eat sweets I am trying this fem cabbage and i already have the coconut oil that I got for my skin, but no help on my skin with it either. thank you so very much for this post. It has to be worth a try. I have bought microneedles for my scars due to these lesions now, just started this treatment this week and heard it was excellent for scar and acne also cellulite so I am trying this also. Thank you
If you have lesions I would try apple cider vinegar get the stuff with the mother inside it. I recommend Braggs. Get a cotton bud and put the ACV on it and dab on the lesions they should start healing in a couple of days.
You all are NOT crazy, this itchy creepy crawly sensation is in fact Real! You don't have to do the whole cabbage diet either!...It's fungus! Get on a fungal medication or even a fungal lotion, fungal shampoo too. & for the diet...avoid 4 things, get them out of your diet asap!!! 1. Azodicarbonamide 2. Artificial Sweetners 3. Sugars & carbs, seriusly I know this is hard but try and keep sugars at 8grams a day any more than that you are feeding fungus-bad bacteria. 4. Alcohol You don't have to totally cut it out just think 'less is more' As we all know anyway too much of something is never good. Eat fruits, veggies, protein and fermented vegetables; sauerkraut, kimchi. & Most importantly get on a good probiotic!..look for ones that have 15 billion microorganisms +, and at-least 7 strains to it.
Agree with you 100% apart from the cabbage juice it really helps.
I have a way to make the diet easier. I have been using this as a meal replacement and it works great (for me anyway). I live in England so not sure if that is sold abroad,you'll have to check. It's called HUEL and you can drink 3 or 4 shakes a day and it contains all you need. I use this as my breakfast and have garlic or onion soup for lunch and a good meal for dinner.NO sugar, soda's etc.
When you I get hungry in between i drink green tea with ginger and garlic or cabbage juice or herbal tea's, mix it up so it doesn't get boring.  
Earlier comments mention that 'springtail' infestation might be the
problem.  I don't have the study in front of me but over 10 years ago
some doctors said:  'What if the crawling/biting sensation being felt
by our patients is real?"  Of the 90+ patients that had skin samples
taken from them:  'All but 5 had springtail infestation.'  Some of these
patients had been in psych wards for years but had been told that
their symptoms were 'Psychosomatic'

The bugs are very small and photophobic.  google:  springtail
And what do springtail feed on........... fungus
So obviously if you have a fungal infection it will attract them.

Trust me guys you will do get rid of this without the correct diet.
I cured it by just adjusting my food and a couple of supplements.
Midges - no see'ums might be the problem. For all practical purposes they are invisible and highly prevalent in the South, but spreading north. When you stop moving, they will land and suck blood, like when at the computer and when laying down. They follow the body heat and exhaled carbon dioxide. So use OFF! spray. When it gets cold outside, let the inside of your place also get cold - that kills them. An old hunting trick is to drink a teaspoon of any kind of vinegar before going into the woods, this helps also - dilute in water. I hung a fly paper roll up, and could see the ones that landed on it by using a magnifying glass. We also set up a bug light in the living room and could see the extremely tiny wings by using a magnifying glass.
I must say, thank you for your cabbage juice solution, if done properly it really works. You really seem to be on point with everything you have shared with this site. Now! This is for everyone out there! Stop using all these chemicals in and on your body, you are making matters worst. You're actually killing them off with the different remedies, but you keep bringing them back when you bath, or just running your water....PLEASE!!!!  check your water or have it tested. Everyone thinks, including me, but not any more that the water is o.k. As long as we don't drink it. We also think that the town or city we live in suppose to make sure the water is good. Not true! Your water could very well be contaminated. One good way of testing your water on your own, is to first run your hot water for about 10 seconds, then fill your sink up half way. Let it sit there for a minute, take a magnify glass & flash light and check to see how clear it is. If you see particles, black specks, or black dots then your water is contaminated. The tiny black specks are parasites. It's all coming from our water. PLEASE CHECK YOUR WATER!!!!
TTOistheanswer, thanks once again for your valuable input. Your fermented cabbage juice really works if done properly. If the problem still exist, it will be just like any other remedy, a temporarily fix. Everyone, that's where you need to find, or locate the point in where these things are coming from, and that's why I'm stressing for everyone to check your water. We are bathing, washing our food off, and for some of us probably drinking it. I had the same problem when I bought a brand new home. I had no idea that my water was the real problem. When these parasites start attacking me I had no idea where they were coming from, I was blaming almost everything I was coming in contact with, including my neighbor's dogs. I went away for two weeks, and visit a doctor who diagnose me as having scabies. I was giving Ivermectin pills 4 tabs every 7 days for 3 doses, and believe me just the first dose started working in the first hour. My question to the doctor was, where do scabies come from? His answer was other people, well, where do other people get it? He really couldn't answer that. My take of this whole thing is that I had a combination of scabies and crawling sensations which were caused by these parasites. When I returned back home, mind you, I had fogged the whole house before I had left my home. When I arrived and went in side I could tell everything was good, I actually felt free from all of this until, I started using my water. It took a little time, but they came back. To cut a long story short, I had left my home again for another two weeks, and at that time is when I discovered the fermented cabbage juice was working for me. When I went back home I had notice how black the water was in my toilet. Black specks, and black mole spores swimming around in the toilet bowl. I immediately called a water company who came out and tested my water which was bad and contaminated. I then purchase a complete home water filtration setup, and ever since that time I haven't had any more problems. I can truly say I'm free. PLEASE CHECK YOUR WATER!!!! And thanks again Mr. TTO.....
Check your water, these parasites are coming through the water lines and we don't even know it. Read my Oct 28 answer line.
Mfafa, your problem is coming from your water. Every time you use your water you are allowing parasites to come in. Your contaminated water is actually drawing the springtails to infest your house. Have your water tested, or try and do it yourself by reading my Oct 28th answer.
Hey HunterCadds, sorry I'm a year late, but that's how long I had this same or similar situation. I believe I found the answer. Without going into details check or have your water tested. You can read my blog I posted Oct 28th. I hope this helps!
Hey brother222, I know exactly what you are going through. I know I'm a year late, but that's how long I had this too. My problem, which I do believe is almost everyone else too, is the water. Check your water, or have it tested. Also read my blog on this site I posted Oct 28th. I hope I'm not to late.
Hey TTOistheanswer, I like to thank you personally for sharing your discovery of everything you've found out about this disease. Especially your fermented cabbage juice, it really works. Now I like to share this with you, check your water out, or just have it tested. Not only for hardness, but for contamination also. If you have time read my blog I posted on Oct 28th. Once again thanks!!!!
I hope you've figured this out by now, but if not and you're still reading this, then you need to get a Carbon Monoxide detector. You are describing the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
try tea tree oil
hiya, I agree with the comments that it may be a fungal infection, I suffered from a crawling sensation too and could not see anything .Went to the doctor and was prescribed ketoconazole shampoo so used that on my scalp but also as a body shampoo.In addition to that I cut down on carbs and started eating more of antifungal foods such as plain yoghurt with live cultures and garlic in my food and now I dont feel it anymore, give it a try.The ketoconazole is OTC so you can get it from the pharmacy without prescription.
I have it too, and for a long time, thought it was all in my head as I am the only one in a house of 4, with that sensation.

However, my brother, halfway across the world in Nigeria also complains of the same symptoms.

I have had NO history of bedbugs in my home ever, but found out that the sensation is worse whenever I let my dog on my bed 2 days or more after his last bath.
side the house.
It is important to note that he does not have a single tick or flea on him.....I make sure of that with an obsessive compulsion.
I suspect he might have some naturally inhabiting dust or bird mites on his fur that he picks up over time from within and outside.
Also noteworthy is the fact that I do not have problems with the sensation if I have him on my bed very the day he got his bath/shower.

I found out that the most effective way to manage it is to always take a good bath before bedtime.
Cover your mattress with a waterproof padding.
Keep your linings changed weekly and as needed with freshly washed sheets....straight outta the dryer.
I'd also suggest using insecticides on your mattress and beddings, hours before bedtime, every now and then.
Cover with the bedlinen with a blanket to keep the fumes trapped inside after spraying it for hours too.

Another alternative is to spray the OFF spray on the mattress, just before going to bed. It is not quite as effective as the insecticide, but it is better than nothing.
Hi there,

Just a question, are you stressed due to anything in your life? This kind of feeling is sometimes when you are stressed or anxious. Have you tried talking to any therapist about it. I had similar feeling but that came out due to my stressful job.
Wishing you good health.
After a year and a half of doctors, I finally got an answer. For me anyway. Extreme RLS. I went from dermatologist to psychiatrist to primary care to
Neurologist to sleep study Doctor---who knew exactly what it was. Most people with RLS who have creepy craw lies only have it on the legs. I had it everywhere. The sleep doc said "Yep--crazy RLS." For those of you who find magnesium helps...this is why (low mag and low ferritin as well can cause RLS.)
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I need help. For 6 months now she and I feel invisible bugs crawling on our skin. We have never seen them (microscopic?) and we do not get bites but we feel the sensation nearly all the time. We are suspecting mites but who knows. We now feel them in our car and at work. Everyone thinks we are crazy because there is no physical evidence. We are pretty sure we are not crazy because after spending a lot of time at our house helping us clean, my mother-in-law now has the crawling bug sensation. If it was just myself or just my wife, I would say the answer is "crazy." But the fact that it is both my wife and i as well as my mother in law, I feel it is a legitimate issue. We have tried:
1. washing everything in borax.
2. drying things on high
3. using a dehumidifier
4. washing floors/vacuuming all the time
5. spraying with windex/lavender
6. frequent showers
7. leaving out vinegar
8. and more

I have not seen any answers anywhere. I doubt it is bed bugs b/c we have no bites and we cannot see anything. Sometimes I feel like I have got them out of my car but they come back. Sometimes I feel like they are in my clothes and sometimes not. I could go on and on but it has been 6 months now and it is driving my wife and I crazy. Can someone please help?
PS: We really feel it has something to do with our house because if we go away for a few days, the crawling sensation stops.
Hey pmmahone, check your water out, or have it tested. Do you see black specks or dots around your sink or shower? If so, you may have parasites running through your water line. I know it sounds crazy, cause i didn't believe it myself. Had a professional private water company come in to install a complete home water filtration, and now I'm home free. From playerplayer3259........
Read my latest comment - I have evidence of a tic, and perhaps the cure. This is of national interest and peoples ignorance has led this to be a world-wide epidemic.

I will have youtube videos soon with my 800X hand-held microscope evidence.
***@****

They are sensitive to light and heat, you will have a hard time to see them as they are very fast and black dots hop a few centimeters at a time.  They lay eggs and make blood paths under the skin,  with an 800x microscope you will see fine blood trails and if you start sweating you will see the tiny white balls rapidly travelling along the blood trails,  if you put the microscope out of focus a bit you can barely notice the white balls leaving the red holes at the end of the blood trails, then they can't be seen.
The tiny black dots on your skin are blood spots where the tics have layed eggs.  You will see near the black spots (under white surface oils or a mucous on skin you may notice things swirling around - these are the eggs that are nearly hatched or have done so and they come and go as they please through the tiny red holes.
My photos and video evidence is now on my google drive - just have to sort and edit and figure out how to post on youtube and to make a web-site.
***@****
New Brunswick Canada
Thanks for sharing.  I will try your trick.
I also have the invisible itches on my head, in my ears, as well, the genital areas.  

My problem all started  a year ago with unwanted  squirrels came in the the house in the winter time, and they made a mess in the whole house.  They left their waist on my bed and  furniture.  I bleached my bed and spayed with insecticide, and there was no relief.
I went to the doctor and pharmacist at the beginning of my problem, but since there was no marks or rash on my body, so they could not come up with a diagnosis.

Keep posting my friends.
Look up formication on wiki.  Are you anxious or stressed about something?  Taking painkillers with stomach protectors which deplete the body of vitamin b12 and which can ultimately cause psychosis.  Get rid of chemicals used in the house switch to natural organic methods of cleaning.  Use the environmentally friendly washing powders and use relaxation and stress relief self hypnosis apps on your phone with earphones at night.....  What you are experiencing most likely are tactile hallucinations.  You have to stop reinforcing your own behaviour.  If you are constantly anxious and in fight or flight mode, adrenalin is running through your blood stream causing these sensations .  If you have ruled out parasites then there is nothing. It's a form of psychosis.  This does not mean you are going mad just your brain is playing tricks.  Amytryptaline plus another drug u can't remember the name of can help.  But first off get a good quality B12 supplement now.  Seek your doctors help and you will soon find relief xxx
Hi. Also someone please help! Same exact symptoms as the couple and young man. . Im healthy, mentally sane and losing sleep!!!! This itching and jumping sensation is not mental but physical. Im 100 percent sure that this is some type of fast moving bug. I feel it on my eyes, hair, genitals, back. It's killing me. I shower everyday and sometimes twice. If I skip a day showering they are much worse. If I drink caffeine, a bit worse. Night worse. Moist temperatures worse. I believe it has burrowed under my skin. Ive addressed this to a dermatologist and they look at me like I'm crazy because there are no marks
I've had crawling sensations EVERYWHERE including the inside of my mouth!! not itchy but sometimes so intense it almost feels like a small mouse. I've been jerking awake at the brink of sleep every night like ive had a horrible nightmare without fail for almost a month. Just shooting awake slapping the **** outta some random part of my body only to c nothing...and the feeling gone. it only happens to me at brink of sleep so im guessing its got something to do with nerves shutting down or whatever but this just started happening and i have no clue what cud have caused it
Lol wasnt this an episode of house
Antihistamines.  Get some.  Drink water.  Stop eating sugar.  Life changing for me.  Huge hugs to you, I feel your pain and mental anguish.
Hi I am having the same issue. all over stinging and itching. now severe joint pains. I have tried everything. I do have morgellans, and so does my cat. For me it feels like a zillion bees all over me stinging me and itching. I feel movement in my hair and ears as well. Some days it will stop but will switch to severe spine and joint pain. I don't know what to do either.
Please contact me at ***@****
rykerjem860 @ outlook. com
I am from new Brunswick Canada now in NJ . I am stinging all over for 4 years..
can you contact me
rykerjem 860 @ outlook. com
I am told I have bartonella and I have morgellans, suffering so bad
what were your symptons to begin with?
Im also going through it as well right now as we speak. And it leaves me so restless.
I cant sleep because it feels like bugs are crawling on my skin like what you said but i think i might have flea bites from my cat. It shouldn't feel like crawling thoug. I have set off two flea bombs in my house because i have cats and they have been vetlined but i still cant seem to stop the itching . Hopefully it will go away or i might start damaging by body scratching my skin. Also i have no diseases of any sort that could caus this and have never used drugs or alcohol.
This same condition or infestation that most folks are describing here developed with me in my apartment over about a two year period. I live near the water (shore), and early on I believed this was from "no-see-ums" coming through my window screens. It seemed to clear up in the winter and return again in the spring. Of course that just helped convince me that it was no-see-ums. ... This year however the problem has not only persisted into and through the winter (and up to present), but about one month ago it became so bad that I literally had to vacate my apartment at 3:00 AM one morning and try to sleep in my car. It was so bad I was feeling a swarm of these invisible things crawling down all over me from the top of my head on down. We had been having an unusually damp and mild early winter and these things seem to love dampness and multiply like crazy in it.
... continued ...
continued ....
I spent two weeks renting a room at a separate location across town and in a much smaller living space. I seemed to bring the problem with me but I was able to spend a lot of time researching on line and trying different methods for combatting it. ..... About one week ago I finally decided to bring the fight back to my apartment and see if I could use what weapons I had acquired to attempt to reclaim my apartment. .... I've been back about one week now and while it is a lot of work each day I do seem to be managing it a lot better than I was before.

This is a very very strange phenomenon indeed and I do believe that what I have been besieged by is what is called; "Collembola" or (Springtails). I am not positive about this but so far that seems to fit the bill symptom wise. A biopsy at the dermatologist indicated that my skin is reacting to something (as in an allergic reaction), but I am still feeling that there is some sort of skin parasite involved. I also recently experienced observing these tiny white specs on a dark blue fleece blanket I was pulling out of my dryer machine. They were sort of triangle shaped and pure white and when I slowly moved my finger near one it would suddenly jump about 4 or 5 inches away. .... I took some clear packing tape and caught some samples on the tape and brought it to the local health department to have them send it to a lab for analysis. I expect to receive the results in about one week.

continued ....
....... These things were very strange looking however and did not look at all like an insect. They looked more like some sort of tiny triangle like crystal shape. Really strange,  but as I was looking at them I was thinking; 'Jeese, no wonder they are invisible when they are on your skin. They just blend right into the skin, as they are almost transparent and so tiny. .... I could be mistaken and may not have captured the culprit, but I may have indeed. We shall see.

In the meantime I will share with you all that there are three things that I have been doing which have been helping me to at least be able to reside in my apartment and sleep at night. .... Before I go to bed I take a hot shower and lather up all over (including hair), with a sulphur with lavender soap I found on amazon. I leave the lather on me for some minutes before rinsing off. I then rinse well in pretty hot water and then switch fast to ice cold to finish off. As someone else here posted previously, it does feel real good and closes up the pores. .... After I dry off and get out of the shower, I spray a mixture of 2 parts water and 1 part ammonia on the shower tub walls and floor to kill any that may be hanging out there and I leave it there and flush it off well before I next use the shower. (You don't want to stand in ammonia in your bare feet).

After exiting the shower I put my bath towel in the washing machine where I have already put the change of clothes that I removed just before getting in the shower. .... I pour about two cups of ammonia all over the clothes and towel that are in the machine and add some Borax and start the wash cycle on hot water. ........... Then I return to the bathroom where I rub MSM cream all over my entire body. MSM is an organic sulphur compound that acts as an anti-inflammatory and really quiets the itching and irritation. It also seems to keep the varmints off of me for a good 3 or 4 hours at which time, if I feel the little bastards coming on me again I get up and put the cream on me again and that allows me to sleep till morning unbothered.
continued ....
The first thing I do when I get up is remove all my bedding and put it in the washing machine where I once again add the ammonia and Borax. I then hold off on starting the wash load until I have finished my morning shower routine and placed that bath towel in the washing machine with the bedding. .... Note; I put the clothes that were in the washer in the dryer before loading the washer. ..... Note: if I have a clothes or bedding item which has not been de-infested in a previous wash, I soak it in a separate bin with a mix of ammonia and water for a number of hours before putting it in the wash. That usually kills the buggers that were holding on in the material.
As you might imagine I go through a lot of ammonia and am constantly buying the stuff but I've found it to be the best thing to kill them with. ..........

After I put on more MSM and get dressed I spray the water and ammonia mixture on all the carpeting and flooring in my entire apartment. I also have a mattress encasement (a bed bug or mite encasement cover), on my futon mattress (which is on a metal bed frame), and the encasement allows me to spray the entire mattress with the ammonia (top and bottom). .... Initially I sprayed the entire ceiling and walls in my bedroom also but now I usually only spray the floor. .(make sure you open the windows to air out the fumes while it is drying)....... It's a job but I find that if I don't do it every day these things just start to multiply and become too much to deal with again. ........ It is feeling like I may be getting closer to eliminating the little bastards but I am still trying additional approaches and do plan on trying the fermented cabbage juice to see if it might work for me or at least help. ....... I will be having my HVAC system cleaned and sterilized as I am certain they are in there also.

I forgot to mention that I am also taking MSM internally in capsule form (about 3 grams per day), but I do very much agree with the anti candida diet recommendations that many others have addressed here and on other sites as well.

I have not tried it yet myself but I have read others sharing that they obtained great benefit from taking a 'Glutathione Accelerator' supplement. It is supposed to greatly enhance your immune system. Garlicin (a garlic oil supplement), is also helpful to some folks.  .... I have already been on a very health promoting diet and supplement regimen for many years, so I have less work to do in that area but am still exploring  what tweaks I may need with this situation I am confronted with at present.

I should also share that these things can and will spread to your car, so you may need to spray treat the inside of your car on a somewhat regular basis as well. ... The more you cover all the bases the less likely you will be to become reinfested.  ................. I picked up one of those one gallon garden spray applicators which allows you to mix and apply whatever liquids you may need to. They can be found on amazon or in a garden or hardware store like Home Depot.  

This has been one horrific experience and I would not wish this on my worst  enemy (or maybe I would, .. hmmmm). ..... I do very much empathise with all of you  out there who are suffering from this and I hope that at least some part of what I've shared will be of some help to you. .... From what I have observed, what works for one person may not work for you. You just have to keep trying different things until you find what does work for you and use it. Eventually, one at a time we will beat this. ... Hang in there. There are others who have succeeded in conquering this and we can too.

continued ....
One correction I need to make here. .... The supplement I mentioned previously is not 'Garlicin'. .. It is 'Allicillan'. .. It is a potent garlic oil blend which helps to strengthen the immune system. Garlic is antifungal and antiviral. ..... One could also or alternatively try Tumeric or mega doses of Olive Leaf Extract etc.
Viewing 1001-1008 comments: