Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Invisible Bugs crawling on skin? Strange sensation...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 801-847 comments:
I switched to an organic coconut oil and that cured the blocked pores. Interesting -- the cheaper coconut oil did all kinds of nastiness to my skin, but the organic stuff doesn't. The cheaper stuff smelled a little strange and not much like coconuts, and the organic stuff smells like coconuts.
The cheaper stuff will not be pure coconut oil, so hence best be avoided.

How did you use the oil?  Did you apply it to the skin, or ingest it?  
Pure coconut oil can be ingested (eaten by mouth) and also used for frying.
It is also good for the skin.

With people on this forum complaining of feeling things crawling on their skin and there was no obvious signs like an insect, have any of you ever had a swab taken from your skin?  

Our skin has natural flora as well as other bugs and nasties.
I am spreading the coconut oil on all of my skin each night before bed. The dermatologist I saw suggested it. I'm glad she did, it helps quite a bit with the crawlies.
Also, if your liver enzymes run high or you have any type of liver disease, DON'T TAKE REQUIP OR ANY OF THOSE ANTI-PARKINSENS DISEASE meds, with liver problems, they will definitely make you feel as if you have bugs on you, in you, and around you, you'll even see them.

I went through this for 2 years, with  doctors telling me I was whacked in the head and put me in mental hospitals, and that  whole time, THE DOCTORS WERE DOING IT, they don't dig deep enough.  If it's something that sounds strange, and especially it your mental health hospitalizations are following you around, they just say you must still be nuts!
I hate to tell you but I am pretty sure that what you are describing are the signs of a bedbug infestation. They populate the mattress and specially the boxsprings. But they will also go into any cracks they find. Electric socket boxes are like hotels for them. Read up on them and I think you will find that what you have are bedbugs. Good Luck.
Definitely not bedbugs. Had pest control folks out and they said no bed bugs. They said springtails. And they said they get lots of clients who complain of crawling sensations and then they find only springtails in the house. Doctor also said no bed bug bites. Bed bugs were the second thing I thought of (weird allergies was the first). But they definitely aren't the problem.
You can try using sprays like Lysol, Clorox disinfectants or in Walmart you can buy the Great Value disinfectant for $2.50 they work very well when you spray them in bed or chair. Do it aggressively daily for about one week and they will be completely gone. I used it and it worked for me I have so much peace now, you can also pray your clothes before you wear them.  Hand sanitizer is also very good when you rub it on the part of body where you feel the sensation. They all work very well, you can take them along with you when you are leaving the house just in case you get the feeling.
Check out.   formication, on net

I have skin crawling symptoms caused by folliculitis  I am seeing a consultant dermatologist who is treating me with trimethoprim 300mg twice a day for three months and I must say it seems to be working, also fexofenadine  180mg twice a day for itching.

The folliculitis I am suffering with is under my skin not a rash of spots as you would think, I do have spots that look like bites  that itch when my clothes rub and you can see a faint redness under my skin ,this is  a negative g infection that
Will not respond to common antibiotics  so I am taking the trimethoprim
i have read this from 09 to 2014 and absolutely no one has an answer or cure for this. i've had this or 3yrs now it only happens when i stay in my apartment and stays with me when i leave the apt for about an hour i i stay out. feels like my hairs on my arms are tingeling unless i wash and leave right away. if i sleep in the allergy bed cover w/o a sheet its on but i get sweaty, when i put a sheet on it comes back again with vengeance. when i go home on the weekends sometimes it may bother just my face till saturday then go away. spraying doesn't help allergey covers help but cant sleep on just that.buy my apt is the only place i get this feeling. yea i know i should move but this place is cheap and i keep thinking that if i do move they will come with me ? help?
Ok, I've been on this forum on and off for the last 2 years. I've taken advice and given advice and have been 95% cured for the last 9 months or so. I believe I have finally cracked it.
My theory was always that this is fungus related, The body when it's over loaded with toxins releases toxins through the skin. I bet most of you have had or still have a fungal infection and wether its visible or not its there. White tongue or toe nail or joch itch etc etc. We've all tried TTO and I'm not going to list all the stuff we've tried but you get the message, if you look at them all they are all anti-fungals and they work for a while but the damn thing comes back. Cut the story short I wanted to try and kill the fungus from inside and came across making my own probiotics at home (fermented cabbage juice) I made it, drank it twice a day and have not had an itch for a week. Its easy to make and costs pennies. My energy levels are through the roof my mood, brain skin all have improved. Try it guys the worst you can do is improve your digestion and by doing that it will have a major improvement on your health. I'll post a step by step guide on how to make fermented cabbage juice.

Instructions
Fill the blender with chopped cabbage
Add 1 3/4 cups of water
Blend carefully by starting at low speed and then to high for 10 seconds or less — you don’t want puree, you want small pieces
Pour blended mixture in the jar making sure it is at least 1 inch from the top for expansion
Cover the jar securely with the lid
Let mixture stand at room temperature in a dark place for 3 days (around 72 degrees F)
After 3 days strain to separate  juice and pulp
Place fermented cabbage juice in the refrigerator
When the supply gets low, (or immediately after the first ferment is ready to drink) start a new batch by using the same procedure but adding ½ cup of the previous batch of fermented juice to 1 1/2 cups water and 3 cups of cabbage blended as above
The second batch will only have to stand at room temperature for 24 hours before being ready, because of the starter added — then refrigerate
Drink 1/2 cup of this solution diluted with an equal part of water 2 or 3 times each day and you will realize the vitamin enriched, curative powers of fermented cabbage juice.
- See more at: http://realfoodforager.com/recipe-fermented-cabbage-juice
Ok feedback time.
With drinking the fermented cabbage juice 2-3 times a day, having natural greek yogurt with flaxseed for breakfast and a good probiotics i can honestly say that I'm now 100% cured.
Still need to stay away from all sugars, bad carbs, no junk food & no sodas of any kind. drink lots of water when you start on the cabbage juice as you will have a die off effect. Thats your body getting rid of the fungus so you might feel worse for a couple of days before you start seeing results.
Please be aware that the longer you've had this the longer it might take to clear your system out.

Good luck to you all.
Neem oil is a poison,for plant use only, and not within a month of harvest, if you and your dog are still alive, it's a miracle. STOP the Neem oil NOW!
I realize you are desperate, but didn't you read the label?
Hi TTOistheanswer!

Can this not be scabies? I'm experiencing the same thing for several months now. I've searched for answers what's this thing is and ended up looking to scabies. Just worried it might be scabies. But your replies, feedback and this whole forum have made my worries go away. It might really be fungal infection. You may be right about the body toxins which are results of unhealthy diet. I've been gaining weight in the past 2 months already, and I admit I am a heavy carb-eater (rice, bread, and everything). Will do your advice and hope this is not really scabies. Thank you so much guys!
It's not scabies, well in my case anyway.If you have Scabies you will see marks on the skin (rashes) as the mites burrow under your skin. I laso think that if you had scabies for months you'd be covered in rashes as its highly infectious. In my case i believe that i have a fungal infection that has spread from inside onto my skin. the last few years i've been using different lotions (TTO,Dead sea salt, Sulfur soaps etc) to get rid of it and it works but always comes back as the problem is inside of you and not outside. As soon as I started attacking it from inside with fermented cabbage juice, plain greek yogurt and probiotics, stopped sugar, junk food, soda's etc it's stopped.

the cabbage juice has billions and billions of good bacteria + a is high in sulfur so you attack the fungus from both sides.

Good luck
I have had these symptoms for many years and have been told I needed a straight jacket from Doctors.  I am still looking for a Doctor in Central Florida that could help me.  I wonder if you might know how to find one.  I have tried nutrasilver and got some relief, but I am afraid it might hurt me. Do you know?  If you mention the symptoms of Morgellon's Doctors run the other way, but what I read about it fits me.  Although, I do not have any lesions.  I have lots of skin crawling over my body and hair.  I feel like something is moving in my ears at night while I lay on my pillow.  I sleep with a fan blowing on me and only a sheet.  When I sleep, I should say.  My brain fog is awful and affecting my job performance.  Now I have inflammation in my joints and muscles.  I feel really bad, but i cannot put myself in the situation of being told I am delusional.  Is there any help out there?
I live in London I've given up on doctors thats why I've had to figure this out myself. I promise you it's a fungal infection. Eat plain greek yogurt, take probiotics and make your own fermented cabbage juice to replace all the good bacteria. stop all sugars, white bread, rice and pasta for a couple of weeks.
Buys tea tree shampoo and shower gel and you will feel so much better in a couple of weeks.
If i had to tell you one thing that would be the cabbage juice. I have not hovered the house all week and am using my wifes shower gel and have not itched once in the last 10 days because of the juice & yogurt.
I've been suffering since I was 12, I'm now 16 and I'm so relieved to finally hear something like this! Years of searching for someone to find some sort of solution and here it is, and I can't wait to start myself. You've been making great discoveries and this is finally the sum of years of our research community.

I've be doing the Fem-Cabbage cleanse along with taking teaspoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil after every drink & I've not felt them at ALL for the last two weeks (I'll soon be creating a system for people to eat within the regulations cheaply).

I encourage everyone to try this ASAP, I'll be posting back soon (a few weeks, once I gather the supplies and allow my body to be cleansed) but all of the concluded information over the years leads to this!

** LASTLY, to give insight on people who may be confused on why you may need to do this :
To sum, we have figured out that the skin mites are coming from a form of CANDIDA, a skin fungus, (found thanks to amazing people who spent multiple years of researching and testing while struggling and pushing to find peace) can only truly be treated from within.
One of the first known ways completely eliminating the Candida, and in particular our form which is causing the skin mites, is through DETOXING (cutting out things the fungus thrives on, such as mainly sugar and starches). RUBBING PRODUCTS ON THE SKIN WILL ONLY PROVIDE TEMPORARY RELIEF, the Candida is still providing a home and a reproduction ground. We must eliminate the Candida completely.

'TTOistheanswer's METHOD WILL ELIMINATE THE SKIN MITES! IT IS THE CURE, PEOPLE!

ALSO, WITH OTHER DETOX METHODS THAT CLEANSE THE INNER BODY WILL ALSO WORK TO ELIMINATE THE CANDIDA! COCONUT OIL, FEM-CABBAGE JUICE, MILK-THISTLES WILL ALSO WORK!
*(combined with eating in the guidelines of no starches and sugars, so that even if your still in an 'infected' environment your body will be able to fight it off)

THIS IS THE FULL AND LAST TREATMENT, THE END OF THE BATTLE.

WE'VE DONE IT!

***SIDENOTE - As this has been working, only detoxing to remove the Candida, just imagine what would happen if we were to actually use pharmaceutical medicines that were prescribed by doctors (since we all legitimately do have a Candida overgrowth). I guess that's the next step!

Thanks to all the researchers and contributers, we will all soon find peace again.
cannot wait to finish*^^
Also just to clarify, I've been doing the Coconut Oil for awhile now and I'm just now starting with TTO's system.

Blessing to all, hope everyone suffering sees this.
Thanks you foundPEACE for your update.
This works guys try it so you can get on with your lives, we've all suffered enough.

I only ask you to feed back when you try it so others can see.

I promise you this will work.
Hi thanks for all the info you posting over here, i can see that is very helpful and hope this is will help me too.
please let me know if you had the same feeling like me:
i feel the crawling feeling only when im sitting on a pc chair, and not wearing much clothing (maybe only a t-shirt and boxers), this is when i feel the feeling the most.
but then when i put pants on and a hoodie ( and under the hoodie i have a t-shirt) then i don't really feel anything.
this is why i always thought this is bed bugs, but i already got this crawling feeling for about 4months, and no signs from bed bugs on my body (so its not bed bugs).
its just drives me crazy that when i dont wear anything then i feel this crawling feeling
I didn't just itch by pc's I itched everywhere although I did itch the most when I'm at work. One way to find out if you have a fungal infection is start eating natural plain greek yogurt for breakfast and take a good probiotic for a week and see how you feel. If you see a lot of improvement then I believe you have a fungal infection and I would start on the fermented cabbage juice, stop sugars, junk food, etc.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.
This makes sense … my dermatologist has me on an anti-candida diet and Lamisil and I've been 85% better or so. When I ate some things I shouldn't have on a weekend out of town (anti-candida diet is tough in restaurants) the crawling came back.

I'll add the yogurt, and probiotics, and cabbage juice.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is fungus/mold/yeast related. Long before my crawlies started I started having bizarre reactions to yeast -- both wine and bread would knock me out, sometimes I would feel so drowsy with just several sips of wine or one roll that I would need to leave a restaurant.
I believe that when you add the yogurt,probiotics and cabbage juice you will be 100% cured.

I agree with you re bread and wine I also have very bad reactions to these two.

Good luck and us know how you get on
Thanks for the support. I just now started on a locally-made organic plain yogurt with acidophilus and bifidus (I'd been avoiding all dairy so I haven't had yogurt in forever) and a probiotic supplement (the Whole Foods person said it was the best they had). Will make cabbage juice later this week. This, combined with the anti-candida diet and Lamisil will hopefully get this completely under control.

And yeah … bread and wine! Those are the worst! Maybe even worse than sugar. I think bread and wine are the two foods with the highest yeast content. Bad, bad, yucky stuff for us folks with the crawlies.
I began with this problem in 1999.  Very few people were having this problem then.

This is caused by a specific allergy type that does not produce a histamine response.

The allergy type is an 'intolerance', and it is to soy.  Soy, or hexane is building up in your body and you body does not know how to get rid of it.  It is affecting your thyroid and causing you formication.  Traditional thyroid tests will be essentially normal.  Traditional allergy tests will show no histamine response, though your IGG may be slightly high.  IGG binds and neutralizes toxins.

To get rid of it, you will need to do an perfectly strict challenge food response over many months.  Pain chicken and broccoli for a month may not be healthy, but it will save your sanity.  After 2 months, you'll have your proof.  First educate yourself on the many alias names of soy products.  Stray off the challenge food response, and you will certainly not be able to pinpoint the problem.  One slight introduction of soy will make these bug sensations come back in 4 hours to 3 days, and they will stay for quite a few weeks of your challenge food response test.  It takes a very long time to leave your system.

After 1 or 2 months of avoiding soy you will notice a decrease in the sensations.  After strict 8 months of avoidance, your symptoms will mostly be gone.

Profuse sweating (sauna/sun bathing) will help speed up the process of removing the byproduct.  That sticky sensation you feel on your skin after a strong sweat session may be this oil.  It is excreted through your skin since your body can not encapsulate the soy proteins and process them for removal from your body in any other way.  Your doctor may find odd deposits in your retina, brain, heart and liver through imaging.

Bioengineering of soy based compounds happened in the late 90's~

A bacterial infection of a tooth or gut may also play a role in affecting the body's ability to process and tolerate soy.

This is a 'Soy Intolerance'.  And it is affecting your Thyroid.  The crawling, stinging that feels just like a crawling jumping biting bug is the formication symptom.    Especially as it feels like it is hopping from one eyelash to another, you'll think 'bug'.  This is a nervous system trick.  You'll notice its often difficult to pinpoint exactly where the 'phantom' bug is on your skin, as it tends to move.  Yet it often occurs in the same areas (many of them).  It occurs mainly at night and is more common in the extremities.  It is very very annoying.

Well, this soy intolerance theory is very interesting. It has been clear to me for a long time that diet has a HUGE effect on this for me. I was also diagnosed as hypothyroid two weeks ago. Hmmm.
I'm fifteen. Clean. And I can see I'm not alone on this. It just started. I thought gnats, fleas, and now bed bugs. I have read and see that fumigating won't help. I have a pest control guy coming tomorrow he is going to check my brand new house and more closely my room. The house was just built. I keep on having symptoms that can be caused by so much. I've also been very stressed this last week. I broke my collar bone and scapula. I had surgery a week before moving and was no help which made my stress worse. My dog had an episode and just got diagnosed with epilepsy. More stress. Week of recovery, so I had a huge pile of work to catch up on. Im left handed and I broke my left shoulder. I can barely write. Exhausted when I come home all the sudden I feel bugs. Similar to all of you. I have seen a few bugs and dry skin possibly from not being to wash as well during recovery. However, I can shower now and I was almost as normal. I've noticed today though that my legs and feet are dry. I put on lotion to try anything. Also dry scalp also new. Im grossed out. I take my hygiene seriously. Coupled with all of my stress. After at school skipped parts of lunches to make-up work. I began to have light-headedness. Most likely do to eating. Pest guy can tell me if I have a bug issue. If not I will go to my doctor and see. Not sure if Id prefer real bugs to fake ones. I feel like my skin is crawling at home more and at school. I can't see anything. It could be me feeling bugs from having them at home or just no bugs. If the pest guy sees nothing in my room and ill make sure he scours my room, then I''l drop it no need to do anything. I see it hasn't helped many of you. Ive made up almost all my classes and can't tell if I've had any relief of stress. I've read everyday all these different things and am trying to figure this out. I'm stubborn. If I have to live with this I will. But right now I'm studying this. More than ever. I've put hours into this and need answers. I almost hope is not just me because. If there's no bugs then my family will still think I'm whining. That I should ignore it and it will go away. Ive taken pills to cure my insomnia (also new) ranging from a natural sleeping pill to xanax to try and relax and sleep. The first big night I woke up at 2 am felt something like a roach or spider. I swiped it, jumped up, and turned my lights on. Nothing at all. I studied that night. I've started to sleep downstair on my couch. I alleviates the feeling. I can sleep better, but I can't live like this. No alarm or charger my morning routine is off. I keep of finding new things and my symptoms can fit in so much.

Symptoms:
-Dizziness
-Dry mouth
-Insomnia
-High stress
-Feeling of bugs 24/7

My family hasn't done anything. My mom wants me to stop thinking about and has stopped listening. I don't complain much. Honestly I'm the person goes along with everyone. Now I have a problem I'm being proactive. Im searching and narrow down options, but if its not a pest issue then I'll have to convince my parents to get me an appointment. This is terrible. My sleep and my school are important to me. These issue is affecting my life. Evidence is hard to come by. Hopefully I can get answers. If I could sleep in my bed it'd be nice, but real or not my discomfort triples in there. I hope its real because a solution is present.  Sorry its a novel. Putting this out is a lot like venting.

If this can be caused by stress why when I've completed so much in terms of catching up am I not able to relax. These bugs are causing my stress and my stress is causing my bugs. If its in my head how can I solve it? Plasibos can only give temporary relief.
THESE bug get up under your skin.  They are blood suckers.  They stay in your clothes, bed, blanket and live under your skin, in you ear and nose and head.  To start getting relief you need to use a scrub brush to clean your skin.  Change your sheets daily and blanket.  Use lice shampoo or medicated selsun blue shampoo in your scalp.  Allow shampoo to set on your hair for a good 35 minutes to an hour.  Keep your head covered while in the house.  They are going to infest your house.  You are spreading them wherever you go even in your car.  Start taking bath with Epsom salt, and vinegar.  soak in water for about an hour twice a day.  Its very hard getting rid of them, and very costly.  YOu can wash your clothes all you want it doesn't kill them.  Even putting your clothes in the dryer doesn't work.  You have throw everything away, and get a new mattress and cover it before you sleep on it.  Those bedbug mattress covers don't work.  These are birdmites  They love carpet.  Keep your feet cover bcuz its hard to get them out of your feet. Soak your feet in a bucket pale with Epsom salt.  This can last for years if you don't be consistent and keep doing it until they are gone.  If you can't afford to keep buying new clothes, shoes, sheets, blankets, etc.  your in trouble.  hope this helps.  Soaking in water for at least an hour or go swimming in the evening.  Use ear drops to get them out of your nose and put a piece of cotton in for a stopper at nite.  Use a sinue spray that you spray up your nose to get them out of your nose.  Vicks nasal spray is good.  Keep praying and ask God to help you thru this difficult time.  ***@****
With regard to bathing in Epsom Salts, although is a very good thing to do, Epsom Salts are very drying to the skin so adding a squirt of baby oil to the bath too will help against the skin getting too dry.  Add a cupful of the Epsom Salts to the bath water

Epsom Salts contain magnesium and this goes through the skin into our body which is a good thing.  It also helps to relax tense muscles.  Epsom Salts neutralise the skin pH levels.

Using Vicks nasal spray although fine, should not be used long term.  Nasal sprays used long term can worsen nasal congestion.  Rather than using the spray, steam inhalations using the Vick is likely to be much better in that it will not cause any damage to the nasal passages.

Have you had your skin examined for scabies?  Scabies is a bug that does creep under the skin and will make it very itchy.  Have your head checked out for any head lice and any nits.  Nits are the eggs of the head lice that are like tiny white grains of sugar attached to the hair.

You may have an allergy to the detergents and softeners and certain chemicals that are used to wash the clothes.  With regard to that a non biological detergent should be used and clothes softeners that are suitable for people with allergies.

As you seem a lot better downstairs and worse in your room, what is different in those rooms?  Just something to think about.

I have found bathing in epsom salts helpful, too. My dermatologist had me mix up epsom salts, sea salt, baking soda and essential oil (3/3/1 w/ 10 drops of tea tree and/or lavender and/or peppermint). It is a lovely soak as well (and soooo much cheaper than bath salts bought in a store).  
Have you tried taking Benedryl?  My son and I have both been having this problem but if we take benedryl it goes away so we can at least get some sleep,  but the next night it is back.  
My new doctor recently suggested Claritin or Zyrtec. I have been taking Claritin for about a week but it hasn't helped. I might try Benadryl.
Hi, Just curious of how the fermented cabbage juice tastes?  Is it gross? lol  I've been having what seems to be an allergic reaction to something for the past few months now, and my skin just starts itching all over, and I feel as if I am being bitten at times by something unseen, but don't see anything.  I've also noticed at times when I get over heated, the itching gets worse.  So I'm not sure what it is, but am curious to see if this fermented cabbage actually works.  Also, when you say Plain greek yogurt with flax seed, and a probiotic, could you explain your routine with those a little better. Do you only eat the yogurt w/flax seed for breakfast, and then have probiotics later?  Could you explain your exact daily food routine to me?  Also, what probiotic do you use?  

Thanks so much!!

Nicole

Thanks so much!!

Nicole
The cabbage juice doen't taste bad at all I actually kind of like it now.
My morning routine is: drink the juice then shower and just before I leave the house I take a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once I get to work I drink 1 lemon with warm water and an hour late I eat the greek yogurt with flaxseed. I mix up my probiotic every week but to be honest you are already taking in a lot of probiotics so you can probably skip that.

Hope that helps.

Anyone out there have babesia? Or Lyme? Or other tick born illness? Apparently I have babesia, which is usually a co-infection with Lyme. A lot of folks with our problem seem to have Lyme.
Hi All,

I located the pasted below information which may help. The information seems to briefly summarize the characteristics of experiencing infestation by some of the most commonly reached possibilities to the nightmare of recapturing and enjoying our own personal surroundings again.

Table 1  Questions for further work regarding Ekbom syndrome

As debilitating as these delusions are to patients, they are fascinating to scientists. How does
the brain reach conclusions that seem outlandish to the rest of us?
Why are delusions so consistent, and why are delusions of insects and mites infesting the skin so
pervasive? Is this an atavistic fear that all humans retain?
What predisposes this subpopulation to susceptibility to delusional parasitization, and what are
the triggers that cause this condition to manifest in an individual? Are psychopathologies such as
anxiety, stress, and depression expressed in dermatologic manifestations?
Are these delusions prodromal or predictive of Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias [35, 38, 45]?
What are the roles of power of suggestion and the placebo effect in Ekbom syndrome [41]?
How does psychological contagiousness work [31]?
How can Ekbom syndrome patients be motivated to seek and accept psychiatric interventions?
How can patients most successfully be transitioned to appropriate mental health resources by pest
control operators, entomologists, dermatologists, and others who are most likely to encounter them?
How can reliable therapeutics be developed for Ekbom syndrome [16•, 49•]?

Curr Psychiatry Rep

Table 2  Differentials to consider and how they do not reflect symptomatology (patient complaints)
Diagnosis (infestation)            Description (reasons diagnosis can be ruled out)
Scabies                                   Predilection sites, such as the interdigital web, rather
than whole body infestation Produce localized pruritus rather than paresthesia
Do not spontaneously arise; acquired only by close personal contact with infested individual Human
head lice                     Occur only on head hair, not a whole body infestation
Visible to naked eye Cannot jump or fly
Cannot survive for more than a couple of days off the host Produce pruritus on the scalp only
Bed bugs                                 Produce pruritus, not paresthesia Visible to naked eye
Cannot jump or fly
Lesions not under clothing, only on body regions exposed outside bedclothes
Bird mites                               Produce pruritus and paresthesia Visible to naked eye
Cannot jump or fly
Cannot survive on human body (or any other mammal), so they do not establish true infestation
Limited temporally to spring and early-summer, when nestlings fledge
Do not persist for months (rarely weeks) and do not spread to infest secondary location (e.g.,
vehicle) Springtails (Collembola)         Cannot bite, sting, or infest human bodies
Common in homes, particularly in bathrooms and other areas of high humidity (feed on fungi in damp
areas) Visible to naked eye
Jump like fleas

Other key considerations
Cheyletiella mites (a dog, cat, and rabbit parasite) can attempt to feed on humans and yield a
pruritic rash. However, these mites cannot sustain themselves on humans, so they cannot establish
an infestation and thus yield only transitory, self-limiting discomfort. These mites are rare and
easily eliminated on the canine, feline, or lapine host using currently available pet
ectoparasiticides.
Vague descriptions are indicative of the populace’s imprecise biological understanding, reflected
in oxymorons such as “flying larvae” and “jumping mites.” Ekbom syndrome patients claim their bugs
exhibit behaviors that scientists recognize as atypical of arthropods or biologically impossible.
When it comes right down to it, there are no creatures that exhibit the characteristics attributed
by patients. There are no invisible bugs. There are no facultative parasites, bugs that can feed in
the environment and then switch to infesting the human body. There are no bugs that eat clothing
that can also infest human bodies. Spiders do not bite humans; they are predaceous, not
hematophagous. There are no human parasites that can fly. There are no external animal parasites
that can infest humans. Humans cannot acquire scabies from other animals; strains are host
specific. There is no such thing as a “black pepper mite,” “paper mite,” or “cable mite.”
Confirmation of any arthropod in the patient’s samples serves to solidify their conviction that
their problem is caused by mites despite the entomologist’s assurances that none of the insects or
mites can bite or sting. The typical home is occupied by dozens of mite and insect species, all of
which are common residents and of no consequence to human health. However, the general public’s
ignorance about arthropods and fear of them makes people anxious about the mere presence of the
most innocuous insects or mites.
Exactly how is that supposed to help?
This problem has moved to my scalp . Is this the same for anyone else? I have been a sufferer for 5 years now and I can not seem to pin point what it is. It seems so invisible like it was created by gods. I have tried TTO everything and still no improvements. I constantly vacuum and still nothing. Constantly take showers like 3 times a day and continue to feel it. Tried dehumidifier, and coal tar shampoo, tried neem, tried rosemary essential oil, cedar essential oil, coconut oil, olive oil. grapeseed oil, every oil there is.  I detoxed and saw some effect but not cured. I know it is not scabies, bed bugs,mites  or tick. I believe it is some sort of fungus because no matter how much we clean our environment it is still present. I read somewhere that fungus can create bumps on skin like bite marks and they can make some type of grain like things that we believe are bugs eggs.  Most antibiotics will not help us because antibiotics are being misused by farmers in their meats which will cause bacteria to become resistant to treatment. Does anyone have doctors in their families to preform skin tests and fungal tests? Get them to help out the community needs it.
hi kk,yes i totally agree with you, if anyone had a doctor in the family why are they not doing more research????i wish i had one in mine, i am totally fed up with it now, mines been going on about a year now, ever since i had a holiday in egypt, i,m sure i got whatever it is from there!! it is also in my scalp , itchy sometimes and when i brush my hair over a black sheet lots of little white bits come out, have to hoover them up, same as my bed, i have black sheets, every morning when i wake the bed is full of tiny white bits, i have to hoover bed thoroughly, even if i have just had a bath the night before i still wake up like this, its as if my skin has something on it, if i itch and i have black clothing on , i look and i have white bits where it is itching, i have to sticky roller it off then the itch goes! what are these things??? i have tried tto, sea salt baths, nothing helps, i have now bought some sulphar soap and am using this in the bath, will see if it helps, anyone any other tips??
It is estimated that 48,200 species of mites have been described.  Source )R. B. Halliday, B. M. OConnor & A. S. Baker (2000). "Global Diversity of Mites". In Peter H. Raven & Tania Williams.)
There are 18 different scabies mites.
It is a protein in the scabies mite faeces that causes the irritation in the human skin. A good question to ask is if there is any other mite (out of 48200 species!!) that can cause the same reaction?  Could it be that a person with a compromised immune system could establish an allergic reaction to a protein in the faeces of another mite other than the scabies species?
A mites mouth apparatus, and some do not have one, would be too small to actually bite a human.
It is known that some mites feed on fungus so the question arises if one of the many mites could be attracted to a human who has/had a fungal infection and/or an immunology issue?  Hence the reason that only one out of a family group could have an issue with biting/ crawling sensation.

What I have found with a lot of MD is that they only know what they have learnt or been told and hence will not venture into an arena that they are not versed in. The next question to ask is how much time has been dedicated to entomology or parasitology at medical school?  I venture to guess very little.
From all the reading both on forums and medical and entomology research papers it does appear that there are various mites that do occupy a human.  This list that was provided appears to be the most common or known mites.

TTOistheanswer protocol appears to improves/heals the body and makes it less of a habitable environment for a mite or fungus for that matter. His approach also marries well with what other successful suffers have used.
It would be a good starting point for everybody with the same problem to take his advise and make a start to recovery.  

There are 18 different scabies mites.

Further, if you look at asthma and what triggers an episode, it is believed that it is the house dust mites and this is a very accepted explaination.  But the moment you mention that your skin is being attacked by a mite it is suddenly a delusion. Has the term "house dust mite" been coined to make it sound more acceptable?  
So again, it is a protein in the faeces of "a mite" that floats in the air that is breathed in and causes an allergic reaction in the lining of the airway to which the immune system reacts as it does to an allergen.
Could it be that when a person's immune system is in such disarray that it will react in a similar way to a mite which resides on or in a human skin?  

There are lots of questions and similarities that nobody seems to ask.
Its not the place you live in. Because I moved states and this strange crawling sensation has stayed with me for almost 3 years as well. I've seen so many doctors and so far none have come up with a cure. Its started to spread in my hair, on my eye lashes and my face. I try to take a shower every night before i go to sleep and change the sheets to newly washed ones. Be sure to not sure thick blankets, it only makes them worse. I also use allot of bleach in my sheets . Hope that helps some. Also its best to keep your body hairs shaved, it reduces the crawling sensation allot. I notice its more extreme when i let my leg hair grow out.
Try this and I bet your crawling sensation will abate in a week or so:
1. Stop eating sugar... that means every type of sugar, sugary drinks, Coke Zero etc (including fruit for the time being)
2. stop eating starch (potatoes, fries, pasta, white rice etc etc)
3. follow TTOistheanswer protocol
4. Go to a natural doctor to find out why your immune system in disarray and not acting like it should.  If that doesn't
give you an answer try perhaps a good kinesiologist.  
5. Start eating healthy foods. Perhaps try the foods on this list: http://www.budwigcenter.com/the-budwig-diet/#.VHudUtFxnmI
There are many "diets" out there (Gaps, Paleo) that are all roughly the same. The point is to eat healthy foods and no processed foods to get your body back to normal.
6. Keep stress away.

It worked for me after 7 months of complete sleep deprivation and misery.  I've tried everything and the above gave me results.  I slept last night with no biting or itching sensation.  
NOBODY CARES MORE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH THAN YOU DO!!
A good reminder.
It seems many different things will cause a similar symptoms. Some people can have an allergy for cleansers as well. Ex: Tide, Ariel act.

In my case it is a bug what loves to live inside clothes and spreads by body or clothes. If you touches someone then after 10 or 15 minutes another person will have as well, or your buggy clothes are close to clean clothes. This bug moves quickly. Only 10 to 15 min would be sufficient time.

Just now I got it when I tried on a T-shirt at shop. Few years ago I had similar case when I got it from by just siting on my friends chair 10-15 minutes. I felt someone started to crawl on my body.
How to get read of it on your clothes: You have to wash your clothes on very high temperature or give all to Dry Cleaner. You have to use only GAS DRYER and highest temperature at least 2 hours.  Don’t use Electric Dryer, makes only worse. They love electric dryer. Don’t know why, but my experience. You have to wash all your clothes, even socks. If you have furniture where is fabric on it and you have been sitting or used, then you have to throw away. It seems this bug doesn’t like leather furniture and clothes. This means you don’t have to wash them or throw away. its safe.

Killing bug on your body: Solution-> Hot bath. Take clean clothes with you and put inside clean plastic bag. Clothes what you are wearing put them inside plastic bag, zip it and keep them away from clean clothes. You have to take a hot bath and stay there at least 30 min. 1 hour would be suggested. Hot bath must be very hot and you have to stay under water few times that only your nose will be only out (at least 5 min). Then few times go and take a shower and then back to hot bath. I would suggest start taking cold shower, then you can stay longer in hot bath. This way you kill this bug on your body. Don’t use only shower, it won’t work. After hot bath wear only clean clothes and clothes what you were wearing you can throw away or wash it in same way you did with others.

Hope it helps and sorry for my broken English.
Viewing 801-847 comments: