Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Invisible Bugs crawling on skin? Strange sensation...

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 1001-1029 comments:
Hey TTOistheanswer, I like to thank you personally for sharing your discovery of everything you've found out about this disease. Especially your fermented cabbage juice, it really works. Now I like to share this with you, check your water out, or just have it tested. Not only for hardness, but for contamination also. If you have time read my blog I posted on Oct 28th. Once again thanks!!!!
I hope you've figured this out by now, but if not and you're still reading this, then you need to get a Carbon Monoxide detector. You are describing the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
try tea tree oil
hiya, I agree with the comments that it may be a fungal infection, I suffered from a crawling sensation too and could not see anything .Went to the doctor and was prescribed ketoconazole shampoo so used that on my scalp but also as a body shampoo.In addition to that I cut down on carbs and started eating more of antifungal foods such as plain yoghurt with live cultures and garlic in my food and now I dont feel it anymore, give it a try.The ketoconazole is OTC so you can get it from the pharmacy without prescription.
I have it too, and for a long time, thought it was all in my head as I am the only one in a house of 4, with that sensation.

However, my brother, halfway across the world in Nigeria also complains of the same symptoms.

I have had NO history of bedbugs in my home ever, but found out that the sensation is worse whenever I let my dog on my bed 2 days or more after his last bath.
side the house.
It is important to note that he does not have a single tick or flea on him.....I make sure of that with an obsessive compulsion.
I suspect he might have some naturally inhabiting dust or bird mites on his fur that he picks up over time from within and outside.
Also noteworthy is the fact that I do not have problems with the sensation if I have him on my bed very the day he got his bath/shower.

I found out that the most effective way to manage it is to always take a good bath before bedtime.
Cover your mattress with a waterproof padding.
Keep your linings changed weekly and as needed with freshly washed sheets....straight outta the dryer.
I'd also suggest using insecticides on your mattress and beddings, hours before bedtime, every now and then.
Cover with the bedlinen with a blanket to keep the fumes trapped inside after spraying it for hours too.

Another alternative is to spray the OFF spray on the mattress, just before going to bed. It is not quite as effective as the insecticide, but it is better than nothing.
Hi there,

Just a question, are you stressed due to anything in your life? This kind of feeling is sometimes when you are stressed or anxious. Have you tried talking to any therapist about it. I had similar feeling but that came out due to my stressful job.
Wishing you good health.
After a year and a half of doctors, I finally got an answer. For me anyway. Extreme RLS. I went from dermatologist to psychiatrist to primary care to
Neurologist to sleep study Doctor---who knew exactly what it was. Most people with RLS who have creepy craw lies only have it on the legs. I had it everywhere. The sleep doc said "Yep--crazy RLS." For those of you who find magnesium helps...this is why (low mag and low ferritin as well can cause RLS.)
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I need help. For 6 months now she and I feel invisible bugs crawling on our skin. We have never seen them (microscopic?) and we do not get bites but we feel the sensation nearly all the time. We are suspecting mites but who knows. We now feel them in our car and at work. Everyone thinks we are crazy because there is no physical evidence. We are pretty sure we are not crazy because after spending a lot of time at our house helping us clean, my mother-in-law now has the crawling bug sensation. If it was just myself or just my wife, I would say the answer is "crazy." But the fact that it is both my wife and i as well as my mother in law, I feel it is a legitimate issue. We have tried:
1. washing everything in borax.
2. drying things on high
3. using a dehumidifier
4. washing floors/vacuuming all the time
5. spraying with windex/lavender
6. frequent showers
7. leaving out vinegar
8. and more

I have not seen any answers anywhere. I doubt it is bed bugs b/c we have no bites and we cannot see anything. Sometimes I feel like I have got them out of my car but they come back. Sometimes I feel like they are in my clothes and sometimes not. I could go on and on but it has been 6 months now and it is driving my wife and I crazy. Can someone please help?
PS: We really feel it has something to do with our house because if we go away for a few days, the crawling sensation stops.
Hey pmmahone, check your water out, or have it tested. Do you see black specks or dots around your sink or shower? If so, you may have parasites running through your water line. I know it sounds crazy, cause i didn't believe it myself. Had a professional private water company come in to install a complete home water filtration, and now I'm home free. From playerplayer3259........
Avatar n tn
Read my latest comment - I have evidence of a tic, and perhaps the cure. This is of national interest and peoples ignorance has led this to be a world-wide epidemic.

I will have youtube videos soon with my 800X hand-held microscope evidence.
***@****

They are sensitive to light and heat, you will have a hard time to see them as they are very fast and black dots hop a few centimeters at a time.  They lay eggs and make blood paths under the skin,  with an 800x microscope you will see fine blood trails and if you start sweating you will see the tiny white balls rapidly travelling along the blood trails,  if you put the microscope out of focus a bit you can barely notice the white balls leaving the red holes at the end of the blood trails, then they can't be seen.
The tiny black dots on your skin are blood spots where the tics have layed eggs.  You will see near the black spots (under white surface oils or a mucous on skin you may notice things swirling around - these are the eggs that are nearly hatched or have done so and they come and go as they please through the tiny red holes.
My photos and video evidence is now on my google drive - just have to sort and edit and figure out how to post on youtube and to make a web-site.
***@****
New Brunswick Canada
Thanks for sharing.  I will try your trick.
I also have the invisible itches on my head, in my ears, as well, the genital areas.  

My problem all started  a year ago with unwanted  squirrels came in the the house in the winter time, and they made a mess in the whole house.  They left their waist on my bed and  furniture.  I bleached my bed and spayed with insecticide, and there was no relief.
I went to the doctor and pharmacist at the beginning of my problem, but since there was no marks or rash on my body, so they could not come up with a diagnosis.

Keep posting my friends.
Look up formication on wiki.  Are you anxious or stressed about something?  Taking painkillers with stomach protectors which deplete the body of vitamin b12 and which can ultimately cause psychosis.  Get rid of chemicals used in the house switch to natural organic methods of cleaning.  Use the environmentally friendly washing powders and use relaxation and stress relief self hypnosis apps on your phone with earphones at night.....  What you are experiencing most likely are tactile hallucinations.  You have to stop reinforcing your own behaviour.  If you are constantly anxious and in fight or flight mode, adrenalin is running through your blood stream causing these sensations .  If you have ruled out parasites then there is nothing. It's a form of psychosis.  This does not mean you are going mad just your brain is playing tricks.  Amytryptaline plus another drug u can't remember the name of can help.  But first off get a good quality B12 supplement now.  Seek your doctors help and you will soon find relief xxx
Hi. Also someone please help! Same exact symptoms as the couple and young man. . Im healthy, mentally sane and losing sleep!!!! This itching and jumping sensation is not mental but physical. Im 100 percent sure that this is some type of fast moving bug. I feel it on my eyes, hair, genitals, back. It's killing me. I shower everyday and sometimes twice. If I skip a day showering they are much worse. If I drink caffeine, a bit worse. Night worse. Moist temperatures worse. I believe it has burrowed under my skin. Ive addressed this to a dermatologist and they look at me like I'm crazy because there are no marks
I've had crawling sensations EVERYWHERE including the inside of my mouth!! not itchy but sometimes so intense it almost feels like a small mouse. I've been jerking awake at the brink of sleep every night like ive had a horrible nightmare without fail for almost a month. Just shooting awake slapping the **** outta some random part of my body only to c nothing...and the feeling gone. it only happens to me at brink of sleep so im guessing its got something to do with nerves shutting down or whatever but this just started happening and i have no clue what cud have caused it
Lol wasnt this an episode of house
Antihistamines.  Get some.  Drink water.  Stop eating sugar.  Life changing for me.  Huge hugs to you, I feel your pain and mental anguish.
Hi I am having the same issue. all over stinging and itching. now severe joint pains. I have tried everything. I do have morgellans, and so does my cat. For me it feels like a zillion bees all over me stinging me and itching. I feel movement in my hair and ears as well. Some days it will stop but will switch to severe spine and joint pain. I don't know what to do either.
Please contact me at ***@****
rykerjem860 @ outlook. com
I am from new Brunswick Canada now in NJ . I am stinging all over for 4 years..
can you contact me
rykerjem 860 @ outlook. com
I am told I have bartonella and I have morgellans, suffering so bad
what were your symptons to begin with?
Im also going through it as well right now as we speak. And it leaves me so restless.
I cant sleep because it feels like bugs are crawling on my skin like what you said but i think i might have flea bites from my cat. It shouldn't feel like crawling thoug. I have set off two flea bombs in my house because i have cats and they have been vetlined but i still cant seem to stop the itching . Hopefully it will go away or i might start damaging by body scratching my skin. Also i have no diseases of any sort that could caus this and have never used drugs or alcohol.
This same condition or infestation that most folks are describing here developed with me in my apartment over about a two year period. I live near the water (shore), and early on I believed this was from "no-see-ums" coming through my window screens. It seemed to clear up in the winter and return again in the spring. Of course that just helped convince me that it was no-see-ums. ... This year however the problem has not only persisted into and through the winter (and up to present), but about one month ago it became so bad that I literally had to vacate my apartment at 3:00 AM one morning and try to sleep in my car. It was so bad I was feeling a swarm of these invisible things crawling down all over me from the top of my head on down. We had been having an unusually damp and mild early winter and these things seem to love dampness and multiply like crazy in it.
... continued ...
continued ....
I spent two weeks renting a room at a separate location across town and in a much smaller living space. I seemed to bring the problem with me but I was able to spend a lot of time researching on line and trying different methods for combatting it. ..... About one week ago I finally decided to bring the fight back to my apartment and see if I could use what weapons I had acquired to attempt to reclaim my apartment. .... I've been back about one week now and while it is a lot of work each day I do seem to be managing it a lot better than I was before.

This is a very very strange phenomenon indeed and I do believe that what I have been besieged by is what is called; "Collembola" or (Springtails). I am not positive about this but so far that seems to fit the bill symptom wise. A biopsy at the dermatologist indicated that my skin is reacting to something (as in an allergic reaction), but I am still feeling that there is some sort of skin parasite involved. I also recently experienced observing these tiny white specs on a dark blue fleece blanket I was pulling out of my dryer machine. They were sort of triangle shaped and pure white and when I slowly moved my finger near one it would suddenly jump about 4 or 5 inches away. .... I took some clear packing tape and caught some samples on the tape and brought it to the local health department to have them send it to a lab for analysis. I expect to receive the results in about one week.

continued ....
....... These things were very strange looking however and did not look at all like an insect. They looked more like some sort of tiny triangle like crystal shape. Really strange,  but as I was looking at them I was thinking; 'Jeese, no wonder they are invisible when they are on your skin. They just blend right into the skin, as they are almost transparent and so tiny. .... I could be mistaken and may not have captured the culprit, but I may have indeed. We shall see.

In the meantime I will share with you all that there are three things that I have been doing which have been helping me to at least be able to reside in my apartment and sleep at night. .... Before I go to bed I take a hot shower and lather up all over (including hair), with a sulphur with lavender soap I found on amazon. I leave the lather on me for some minutes before rinsing off. I then rinse well in pretty hot water and then switch fast to ice cold to finish off. As someone else here posted previously, it does feel real good and closes up the pores. .... After I dry off and get out of the shower, I spray a mixture of 2 parts water and 1 part ammonia on the shower tub walls and floor to kill any that may be hanging out there and I leave it there and flush it off well before I next use the shower. (You don't want to stand in ammonia in your bare feet).

After exiting the shower I put my bath towel in the washing machine where I have already put the change of clothes that I removed just before getting in the shower. .... I pour about two cups of ammonia all over the clothes and towel that are in the machine and add some Borax and start the wash cycle on hot water. ........... Then I return to the bathroom where I rub MSM cream all over my entire body. MSM is an organic sulphur compound that acts as an anti-inflammatory and really quiets the itching and irritation. It also seems to keep the varmints off of me for a good 3 or 4 hours at which time, if I feel the little bastards coming on me again I get up and put the cream on me again and that allows me to sleep till morning unbothered.
continued ....
The first thing I do when I get up is remove all my bedding and put it in the washing machine where I once again add the ammonia and Borax. I then hold off on starting the wash load until I have finished my morning shower routine and placed that bath towel in the washing machine with the bedding. .... Note; I put the clothes that were in the washer in the dryer before loading the washer. ..... Note: if I have a clothes or bedding item which has not been de-infested in a previous wash, I soak it in a separate bin with a mix of ammonia and water for a number of hours before putting it in the wash. That usually kills the buggers that were holding on in the material.
As you might imagine I go through a lot of ammonia and am constantly buying the stuff but I've found it to be the best thing to kill them with. ..........

After I put on more MSM and get dressed I spray the water and ammonia mixture on all the carpeting and flooring in my entire apartment. I also have a mattress encasement (a bed bug or mite encasement cover), on my futon mattress (which is on a metal bed frame), and the encasement allows me to spray the entire mattress with the ammonia (top and bottom). .... Initially I sprayed the entire ceiling and walls in my bedroom also but now I usually only spray the floor. .(make sure you open the windows to air out the fumes while it is drying)....... It's a job but I find that if I don't do it every day these things just start to multiply and become too much to deal with again. ........ It is feeling like I may be getting closer to eliminating the little bastards but I am still trying additional approaches and do plan on trying the fermented cabbage juice to see if it might work for me or at least help. ....... I will be having my HVAC system cleaned and sterilized as I am certain they are in there also.

I forgot to mention that I am also taking MSM internally in capsule form (about 3 grams per day), but I do very much agree with the anti candida diet recommendations that many others have addressed here and on other sites as well.

I have not tried it yet myself but I have read others sharing that they obtained great benefit from taking a 'Glutathione Accelerator' supplement. It is supposed to greatly enhance your immune system. Garlicin (a garlic oil supplement), is also helpful to some folks.  .... I have already been on a very health promoting diet and supplement regimen for many years, so I have less work to do in that area but am still exploring  what tweaks I may need with this situation I am confronted with at present.

I should also share that these things can and will spread to your car, so you may need to spray treat the inside of your car on a somewhat regular basis as well. ... The more you cover all the bases the less likely you will be to become reinfested.  ................. I picked up one of those one gallon garden spray applicators which allows you to mix and apply whatever liquids you may need to. They can be found on amazon or in a garden or hardware store like Home Depot.  

This has been one horrific experience and I would not wish this on my worst  enemy (or maybe I would, .. hmmmm). ..... I do very much empathise with all of you  out there who are suffering from this and I hope that at least some part of what I've shared will be of some help to you. .... From what I have observed, what works for one person may not work for you. You just have to keep trying different things until you find what does work for you and use it. Eventually, one at a time we will beat this. ... Hang in there. There are others who have succeeded in conquering this and we can too.

continued ....
One correction I need to make here. .... The supplement I mentioned previously is not 'Garlicin'. .. It is 'Allicillan'. .. It is a potent garlic oil blend which helps to strengthen the immune system. Garlic is antifungal and antiviral. ..... One could also or alternatively try Tumeric or mega doses of Olive Leaf Extract etc.
Hey Jackson1915, just to let you know what you're doing to resolve this problem is all good. However, as long as you keep using your water the problem will continue to exist. It sounds like your water is contaminated and you don't even know, parasites are coming through your water line which are allowing the springtails to come around. I had a complete water filtration put in, and I no longer have that problem.
Player - ..... I appreciate your post. The only problem is, I live in a brand new (3 year old), six story apartment bldg where of course I share the same water line as numerous apts. I might say; "unfortunately", I am the only tenant in the bldg who is afflicted with this problem.

The other big question I have is whether or not Collembola is even capable of becoming a skin parasite. The official word on that is a big "NO", and I am aware that there are claims out there to the contrary and I am certainly still very open to the possibility that it may be collembola. At this point the only thing I do know is that my skin has been biopsy tested and shown to be reacting to dust mites. ..... The problem of course is that dust mites to not crawl all over you and bite you, ... or can they? There again, the official word is "NO".
This is just to share a few more tools which I have found very helpful towards fighting these invisible biting insects or whatever the hell it is. .... I have found that the MSM cream became less effective over time and I switched to a cream called; "Sulfinex" which is a 10 percent sulfur cream designed for treating mange on dogs & cats. It has a higher percentage of sulfur than MSM does. I found it on amazon. ... That product worked well for me for a few weeks and then it too began to become less effective. ... I guess whatever this parasite is, it is adapting to things over time. ........ Anyway, at this point I am putting on the Sulfinex and going to bed, then when I am awakened some time later by the parasites getting on me, I get up and put Cedarcide oil all over me (including my hair).  

Cedarcide is another tool I was using by itself for awhile and it worked pretty well applied to the skin, then it too eventually became less effective. It still does help however. It too can be found on amazon and is offered under two different brands at this time.

One other tool which I have found to be extremely helpful and I do strongly recommend it, is something called; "Natures Gift - Debriding Soap" which can be found at; debridingsoap *******. .... I assure you I have no affiliation with this vendor or product at all. I am simply wanting to be helpful to others out there who may be suffering with this affliction. ...... The soap was developed by a chemical engineer who suffered through some years of what he claims was Collembola skin parasites. ....... All I can tell you is this product he developed (after not finding any help from the medical community), does work extremely well at clearing and quieting the skin. He offers it as a liquid that you can spray on and then rub into the skin (it dries fairly fast), and or you can buy it in a soap bar form for use in the shower.

This gentleman also offers various other products which have been found helpful by others. They can be found at; parasite store *******. ... He has also written an ebook (also for sale), entitled; "How To Get Your Life Back From Morgellon's And Other Skin Parasites" by; Richard Kuhns. ....... Richard also shares a diet which he has found important and which is pretty much in line with what is known as a Candida Diet although there may be some distinctions to note between them. ........ Anyway, I do very much encourage anyone suffering with this or Morgellon's Disease to check out what Mr Kuhns is offering and do try the Debriding Soap. It works well.
Avatar n tn
Hi, I too have this feeling and i started not minding it. just relax and dont think over it again and again. it will only make it worse. if u r awake from sleep just watch your breath or meditate to relax yourself. these strange , unidentifiable sensations can also happen if you are under some spiritual progress(meditaion , yoga, prayer, energy practices) the kundalini energy rising may also result in this sensations(browse shared transformations or kundalini symptoms to learn more). this rise of energy may also happen without those practices also. hope you all get well soon and feel good.
Believe it or not, I am very familiar with Kundalini and shakti movement and process in the body/mind. I have had many years of experience with it.. This has nothing to do with that. These are microscopic skin parasites that are afflicting people in one or more form, ie; fungus fibers, skin mites, Collembola, Strongeloids etc.
Really want scars to disappear? Put Vit E on it - Walmart stuff is great, just poke the oil caps and heap it on. If you can put a bandage on it, put lots on it first.
A guy giving plasma next to me said put Vit E, showed me his inner elbow, said he had been giving for ten years, same arm. NOTHING showed! I tried on my needle marks of two years, the pink disappeared in TWO days. Vit E nourishes the Natural Healing Process of our skin! Because of that, I tried on some recent scars on my hands and current cuts on my knees from hiking. Wow, they healed AND disappeared. Just to see if this healing was even more powerful, I put it on a leg scar from breaking a horse. It was dull pink about the size of a dime. I bandaged it every day soaked with Vit E. Within a week or two, it had paled out whitish and felt soft to the touch, like real skin. Continued for a while longer, and it disappeared so much that I CAN'T FIND IT!! on my freckled shin. I tried to show it to my friends as proof but none of us could find it, OMG. This is why I'm taking time to share, please spread to the word of possibilities. BTW, dry scabs soften and the stretched skin around it, they soften so much they kinda smear off. DO NOT PICK at anything or you slow/hamper/maybe stop the process. DON'T SCRUB, PAT gently with a moist handcloth, let dry for an hour or so. Don't worry about cleaning it, the Vit E stops infections if you keep a slight layer on it. Don't know what lesions look like, but if they soften too fast and look mushy, let dry, then put a slight layer over it. My friend swims in the salty ocean to heal hers. But if no ocean near, maybe check that out for another approach. Do not keep it moist with ointments, they probably stop the natural healing process with all those chemicals.
The following answer  of using vinegar is another approach.
Blessings, Dustywind
Do you still use the debriding soap? Is it still working?
Absolutely. I am using the depriding soap twice a day and would not be able to deal with this whole thing without it. You can also use it in the laundry and to clean your living environment. ..... I cannot recommend it too strongly. It is the most helpful tool I have found.
Hey Jackson1915 can you e-mail me at ***@**** I would really like to help you out.
Jackson1915 I see my e-mail address was blocked out. I'll try again, but I'll break it up. playerplayer3259  then @ then live then  com
I emailed you.
Absolutely! .... Do try it. It works.
I will let my worst enemy suffer from this..
. but then again.. Maybe i am my worst enemy...
I agree, the more I wash my sheets, I can sleep throughout the night. I use borax, ammonia and a fabric softener. I've even had to iron the bed linen with starch. My husband continues to feel sensations of crawling in his hair and face. It has been 2 years since we've moved into our new house. There has been a big improvement, but sometimes the crawling and pin pricks start again, and I will have a sleepless night. We've also tried using a black light but the only thing we've seen are fibers that resemble lint. Our AC duct has been cleaned, we've used cedar fogger, had our home tested for black mold, and had pest control inspect for bed bugs and mites. We have no answers and it's frustrating. We've gone on vacation and found that whatever this is has traveled with us. My husband has been to a dermatologist and used the expensive creams. We've been treated for scabies by our physician. The cream lessened the crawling sensations.
If anyone can reach a conclusion on this mysterious crawling, pin pricking, no see-um, Houdini "bug" please point us in the right direction so that we can put an end to this and enjoy our home.
Oh dear! Sleeping in bedding sprayed with toxic insecticides does not sound like a good idea for anyone, let alone someone who already is itching!
I have suffered the same skin crawling and biting sensation for over three years.  I have been to my doctor on three occasions and tried everything that could be tried and nothing worked until now.

I took a shower and then applied Tea Tree oil to my entire body (keep away from eyes and groin).  I applied the tea tree oil two nights in a row then took two nights off and then applied it again for two more nights.  I haven't had the problem for the last two weeks and I've been sleeping great.  The problem may come back again, but I now know how to fix it.

You can buy 100% Tea Tree Oil (Australian) at Walgreens.

I'm about 90% sure what caused the skin crawling and biting sensation but it is only a theory.
Het there. Was wondering what your theory was because I have the same problem. And it's drving me crazy.
It's more then likely mold spores.my mother started out with it a few weeks ago and I got it 3 days ago looked up invisible bugs biting on bing search engine and came across this

linkhttp://invisiblebitingbugscure.blogspot.com/2011/08/cure-for-invisible-biting-bugs-on-skin.html?m=1

it describes my situation right down to my son's,so I decided to try the things suggested in the link.so i go to turn off the a.c and look in the return vent and sure enough a pile of dust a inch and a half thick sat all over the inside,funny thing is the filter sits under the a.c unit and ***** all the air and dust back back into the unit which basically cycles all the air and dust back into the house worse part is the landlord used the cheapest filter he could find.since cleaning and keeping the a.c unit of until the ducts can be cleaned the feeling of being bitten has dropped dramatically I highly suggest all those who suffer from this please read the inclosed link and try some of the things suggested it worked for me and I truly hope it works for you
Hey all! I've been dealing with this awful sensation for about 5 years now. It does happen usually at night when I'm trying to sleep, and usually in my legs but at the same time isn't limited to just there.
I found that shaving my legs or waxing the hell out of them and sleeping in chilly or cold bedsheets really helped reduce it. (seriously dudes out there with this, try it, even just once. Your hair will grow back)
While I'm not a doctor or anything like that, I think what it might be is the ever so slight movement in our body hair that is disturbed by a fan, the AC vent, or even just shifting position as the hairs spring back into place.

Hope this helps some of you guys!!
Also might be the metal used in fillings of teeth.   Saw this on Medical Mysteries, the guy almost went crazy thinking he had scabies or parasites that no doctor could help with.  One specialist finally figured out it was his metal fillings.  He had them removed and the crawling sensation ceased.  Must have had porcelain fillings to replace them.  Worth checking into.  Good luck!
Viewing 1001-1029 comments: