Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Invisible Bugs crawling on skin? Strange sensation...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I posted this info before, but it was a reply to someone else's similar post...

I am a 23 year old healthy male. I recently had a full physical and the results were that I am in above average health. I have no diseases, do not use drugs, but drink on occasion.

Anyways, just started noticing these strange symptoms, within the past few weeks. Nothing "brought it on" so to speak that I can tell of. It's been going on longer, but less noticeable, now since I do not talk sleeping meds any more, it's all that I can notice...

Symptoms are strange sensations on my skin. The sensation is it feels like there are "invisible bugs" crawling on, and/or biting my skin. No actual bites, rashes, bugs, sores, or anything of the nature is ever visible. Occurs more at night, while laying down than any other time. The sensation occurs throughout my entire body, no area is exempt from this sensation, and it seems to be completely random, at times I'll feel it on my arm, then my face, then leg, then arm again, etc, no pattern. The sensation "goes away" once I touch the area (either itch it, brush at it as if there WAS a bug I am brushing off, slap it, or touch it in any way...)

I've heard that various forms of dry skin, or minor allergic reactions to soaps could produce such a problem... I have not changed body soaps, shampoos, or laundry detergent types in quite a while (well before such symptoms) I do not have dry skin, or any type of rash.

Ruled out dry skin

I've read about "Morgellons" (years ago, before it was a mainstream idea) and don't think that is what I have... I have no lesions, sores, boils, wounds, or anything of the sort, and no fibers protruding from anything.

Ruling out Morgellons.

I had read about the possibility of it being bed bugs (from reading sites like this online) so I tore my bedroom apart looking for signs of an infestation, and saw NOTHING. My mattress is brand new, the apartment I live in is also pretty close to brand new. Never the less, not a thing was found, searched mattress, box spring, walls near bed, everything.

Ruled out bed bugs.

The only other thing I've seen it could be is Restless Leg Syndrome. NOT sure about that, but I did hear that that sensation in the legs is a symptom of that, and that in some cases, the skin crawling sensation can occur all over the body, not just the legs, and still be considered RLS.

Undecided about RLS possibility.

The only other things I have going on that MAY be related, is an upper back pain/numbness... unknown cause. Been going on for years though. No diagnosis.

So basically I'm out of ideas, and about to go insane. It's terrible at night not being able to sleep because of that feeling, and not being able to sleep with my girlfriend because I keep her awake with my constant moving around and itching...
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Welcome to the forum!
A crawling sensation in skin is seen in people who are very anxious and stressed out. Very dry skin (you rule this out) and disorders of thyroid gland all can precipitate a crawling sensation. The other possibility is Morgellons disease often mimics scabies. The disease is  believed to be caused by weak immune systems in people that have contracted the tick-borne Lyme Disease at some point in their life. It can also be a fungal infection like Tinea corporis.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I had my thyroid levels checked recently, it was like a full system physical, they checked for just about everything, all stds, blood sugar, everything. I just got out of the military so I guess the VA hospital wanted to rule out everything that ISN'T wrong with me, lol. So all the bloodwork and tests came back that I was perfectly fit, with no physical "conditions" so to speak.

So, I'm now kind of leaning towards the "Restless Leg Syndrome" conclusion... I know the symptoms are worse at night, and while not moving, I toss and turn all turn, and have leg and arm "spasms" both while laying down, sleeping, and sometimes just during the day. By spasm I mean a sudden, uncontrollable, jerking movement, like my leg kicking out really quick out of the blue...

I've heard about Morgellons, but to my knowledge have never had Lyme disease (and I think that is one of the diseases you'd know if you get)

I DID however have a completely unexplained rash on both of my ankles for about a year straight... nothing worked on it, and no Dr. ever told me what it could possibly be, they scraped the "sores" to check for scabies or any type of mite/parasite what have you, and came back with nothing. It was the most unpleasant skin condition I've ever encountered (worse than this sensation is now) because it was itchy and painful 24/7, it LOOKED horrendous, like I had some kind of terrible disease, and left scars on my ankles. At the time I didn't have the wherewithall to personally "inspect" the sores to see if they exhibited Morgellons like characteristics.
A relative of mine had people stay at her house that I believe gave her scabies.  She passed them on.  The doctor never did see the bugs on us, but gave elomite and we had all the clothes, sheets, etc. washed in hot water.  Scabies do tend to cause itching more at night.  We got better after the treatment.
Dear Haywoodusmc,

I understand,I have morgellons and am an advocate working for others.
Please see.
www.morgellonsfocus.com

www.howicuredmorgellons.com

Hope I can help you in some small way, this is not from nerves,

Pamela Mae
I have this exact same sensation! It has been driving me nuts for 5 months. I really hope this is RLS... Been to a dermatologist and he thought it was scabies. Was not. Still looking for an answer... Not Morgellons, not scabies, not dry skin. Need help.
I have been dealing with the same symptoms for three years now. Crawling sensations, biting, and itching mostly at night. I have tried everything-scabies treatment, allergy tests, a/c duct cleaning, bombing house, nothing has worked. I contacted my local health department who said there are numerous mites and parasites that they are not even aware of yet. I do not see anything visible as far as bites, but I always find bumps almost like insect bites in my scalp, usually the back of the head. This always occurs when the condition is very bad. I have had relatives experience the same symptoms when they sleep at my home. I have come to the conclusion that this is a type of mite/parasite that no one is familiar with in the U.S. If someone is having the same symptoms and has found the problem, please let me know.
man..Im glad Im not the only one..Ive been dealing with this for about 3 years and I just try to cope with it...my pops took me to a doctor and the doctor was acting as if I were crazy..so I stopped talking about it to people.....ever since that day I've just been secretly coping withit and not complaining about it, but man...its so crazy that something like this exist...its almost a mariacle to find out that Im not the only one dealing with it..Haywood I wsh you the best my friend...because this feeling is so creepy and such a mystery that All kinds of extreme ideas have crost my mind...when u feel like no one in the world can help u it will drive u to insanity and make u think about suicide and other ways to escape it........I mean who wants to live in a body that feels as if it were being consumed by nats that are entirely invisable...if u guys ever find a solution please help me because Im also running out of ideas...and I'm the type person that hates bugs and things like that so it completely freaks me out and is the grossest thing I have ever felt...hopefully we can find a way to help eachother my friend  
I have the exact problem as you describe it.  6 different illitrate doctors could not give me the right answer.  The last one said it is scabies, but I don't believe it because I share bed with family member, so why they don't get scabies?  unfortunatly we all just talk about it.  I saw many web sites and in each one of them many people describe there itch in the same way.  Some opportunists try to sale snake oil on internet to make a buck.  But there is no any educated  doctor to give any explenation.  
I too have the exact problem and have had it for about two years.  I have tried almost every product on the market which has had various side effects.  Most recently I visited a Health store and they directed my to this product called Black Walnut & Wormwood herbal supplement.  I have found that this product seems to make them less active on your body when comsumed with some type of liquids.  I'm not saying that this is the cure, however it makes the crawling and biting subside for a period of time.
I suffer in EXACTLY the same manner, for two years now. This is the worst in my bed!
It used to be brutal 24/7 but now it just mainly bothers me in bed. Sometimes bearable, but not today!

I can sleep elsewhere with much less difficulty. I'm going to bug-bomb again today, although I have no evidence of infestation. It's been a long time since I've tried to, and I'm not really convinced its bugs, but it feels JUST LIKE IT, so how can I rule it out?

Also, many doctors. Have tried many anti-psychotics to treat delusion to no effect; at least now the doctor belives that I'm not imagining it.

I don't have much advice to give; it seems somewhat better the more frequently I launder my sheets. I slept on the leather couch all week last week, so I neglected to to them, and I imagine that is why I'm in my current predicament.
I just experienced it! Now I have to say that I experienced it before in my last apartment, we had bed bugs, so I sprayed the bedroom. I think I might have sprayed too close to the mattress because I was kept up all night! But that was about three years ago and a different mattress! Now to have it happen all of the sudden out of nowhere again? I cleaned my bedroom, washed my linens, but I noticed what might look like a bite mark. Do I have to get rid of another mattress??
Bird Mites!  So many people do not realize how bad bird mites can be!  They crawl in ac ducts or windows from pigeons.  And even a year or two later even if the birds are gone they will come back. They are only active at night and like bed bugs can travel with you when you move (they can with stand freezing and hide out in clothing). They give you the creepy crawly sensation but are not diagnosed.  Uh!  horrible.  You must wash all your clothes and sheets in hot, hot water and spray lysol everywhere.
Had same problem and went to my GP and many ER's. They just gave me the med. for scabies and I did 2 rounds and nothing. I went to the ER again and this one doctor said it could be my nerves/anxiety and I was like whatever. Well he put me on xanax for 2 weeks and within a few day the crazy itching was going away. I had to be on anti anxiety medicne for a while. It sometimes comes back, nothing gets rid of it but, an anti anxiety med.
I've had a similar problem for the past year or so. I initially had a case of hives (my MD wasn't able to determine the cause of that) and later developed the itch/crawling skin symptoms, which have persisted. Feels like I'm being bitten by bugs on different areas of my body. Worse at night and during "quiet times" (I guess when I'm more likely to be aware of the sensations). No visible rash. Touch it and the itchiness goes away; but a few seconds later it appears somewhere else. I'm 54 years old and never had a problem this frustrating before.
Would be great to hear from anyone who's had some success in dealing with this problem...
Im freaking glad that im not the only one experiencing this. It happened like a week ago which in turn one of my biggest regret in life. Taking out a matress out of my store room and slept on it for like an hour. Immediately i could feel those damn sensation; crawling; moving around; but not that itching;; up and down all over your body. That point I thought it was because some minor skin stuffs and the next day i started to take it seriously after experiencing the same thing on my own bed. My initial notion is that some microscopic bed bugs had been transferred to by body by that bed and could be easily exterminated by means of hot water and aerosols. By all means these didnt help. Then i consulted my doctor and was told its due to allergic reaction. I had an allergic shot  and given some meds. Somehow the intensity or could described by frequency of the sensation has reduced significantly two or three days after. Now im already a week, i could feel the intensity increase gradually, not severe compared as before though.  As a result, it has taken a toll on my sleep. Every night, these piece of **** kept me frantic and stayed alive. Ive tried to focus my mind on calm, peace, serenity these bulls to aid me sleep despite the presence of the sensations; but to no avail. Even a small tingling struck on my skin could wake my conscious up for as long as 5 minutes. Imagine that. Im opting for sleeping pills, if that does any good. If anyone found a solution however, please do let me know.. I want to sleep
same things happening to me/ after a few seconds after turning out the light and laying down I start feeling these things here and there, especially around my ears/back of neck, upper shoulder area/ on my face, which drives me crazy -on my leg, foot, arm (it's intermittent)can't sleep much any more, have been wondering different things/ could someone put something in our air-conditioner air handler outside? even have thought of some type of middle eastern invisible crazy bug/ hay I've never had anything like this before -don't show any bites, it's like these little things just want to drive me crazy and take away my sleep which deprives me during the day.  we did have a squirrel in our home last year, he got in through our fire place and since then this has occurred so I'm thinking maybe it's the bird mite/  maybe some of you have dogs and they are picking things up outside (like bird mites) and bringing them indoors.  if I find a cure I'll let you know, please do the same so we can all get a good nights sleep and feel normal again:)   I'm going to be completely honest, I even feel them in my noise/ although for a long time it felt like something was in my ears -had them checked and nothing was there. I had 1 occasion when I felt one go into my eye (while my lid was closed:(  and felt a sensation in my ear.   what on earth is this!!  it's a crazy world out there/ have been wondering if our soldiers are coming home with this problem, have heard alot about many of them committing suicide, although I can only imagine what war could do to someone.  ok, I've said enough
i have had this problem in the past and the only way to get rid of it is flea powder. theres a really strong flea powder thats sold at walmart in the pet isle. it by far took care of the problem years ago when i first had this issue and now that i move into a new apartment i run into this crap again. its a strong pet flea powder that works, also you have to use it around your house and wash your bedding with hot clorox thats safe for colors. as far as it being on your skin and crawling around you have to use either witch hazel or green rubbing alcohol to kill it on your body. its very tough to get it off you. not recomended but ive heard that the amonia (ammonia) content in windex helps kill this disgusting flea/ bed bug infestation. borax powder i hears is also usefull. my self im going to try to experiment with many things to find a cure for this crappy problem because i work night shift and i cant sleep because i get attacked while sleeping durring the day. ps. also put a clear bowl of water mixed with soap with a light above the center and see if it doesnt catch something
I'll be quick as I need to get back to cleaning:(   some things that will get rid of these disgusting freaky invisible bugs.   get a prescription for Permethrin Cream 5%.   other suggestions are tenting your house/ we've been bombing it but not working as of yet due to when we leave our home they are living on us  (the creapy things)   a natural and very good product is (look it up on line!)   Neem oil products, and try mixing it with Turmeric (a spice at your grocer) again, look it up on line -you can google Neem oil and Turmeric and do some reading on it/ they are harmless but supposed to do the job if you stay consistent with applying the paste, which I think I read like 3 - 5 days in a row.  my house has never looked so clean but too bad there is this disgusting invisible thing lurking to make me continue cleaning!!!  I'd like to give them my bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please.. Morgellons may be the cause
take a peek here and read the articles on this topic.
www.morgellonsfocus.com
***@****

Blessings
Pam
hi everyone

i was amaze that there's a topic like this.now knew that im not getting crazy.
because i feel itching everytime im resting at home. i cant sleep properly doctors cant explain my condition. i feel like theres some invi bug getting inside my skin, biting my skin and roaming all round my body. im carrying this feeling almost 7years.

first im thinking that it just insomnia then after 2years im trying to help my self out of this. but it failed. doctors cant help me. even faith healers. theres a time that im thinking someone cursing me. every night i rest i dont know what to do. "sorry for my english"

hope this topic will have more replies, for those people having this strage feeling. dont give up, just up on kickin xD
no one mentioned "Restless leg syndrome" yet - one of the symptoms is a strong feeling of a bug crawling underneath the skin - here is more research into the causes:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/restless-legs-syndrome/DS00191
Spraying windex, pyrethrins, permethrins, lime&sulphur,etc is a waste of time.  Just spraying water has the same effect on this "thing"!  Moisture just quietens them down for a while.

Is it not a bug but some kind of airborne bacteria???

If an expert tells you that it is shaky leg syndrome or any other type of personal illness, stop and think, does this happen all the time or only in the affected places?  If it is only in the affected places then discount any medical or psychological excuse.

For relief from the crawling try an antihistime, something like Zyrtec.  It gave me great relief.

Still on the trail of the cure for this thing, next is to sprinkle borax on the carpets and leave for a week & repeat.  Someone had success with this so it is worth a try.
I have hed this itching thing going on 14 weeks now.it started while i was having sex with a boy outside next to the train tracks and has never stoppedsince. i went to the doctor sid scabies/yeast infection and he gave me steriods 4 pills a day for 5 days which started to take it away but came back after a week. it started out with the feeling of bugs crawling on me then i got these kind of sore bumps in my armpits only and it also felt like my throat glands were bigger as well as my armpit glands. the glands/armpit bumps went away but now it feels like the bugs are goin into my ears and into my nose and now they feel like there going into my anus and i have to use rubbing alcohol to get rid of the stinging and intense itching in that area plus i still have them all over my body to.some times my sleeping partner feels like they have the "itchies" (thats what we named it). now that i got insurance my doctor is not available and to emergency room is futile. i hope someone here finds some kind of cure.
Have any of u ever heard of Diatomaceous Earth? It kills all types of critters that have an exoskeleton by physically cutting their shells and dehydrating them. Read lots of testimonials of how people get relief from mites and even some Morgellons lesions.  Gonna try making a paste with this stuff and apply where itches and wash off after some time. But it can dry skin so gotta take care. God Bless you all!
I am so grateful to have people to talk to about my "invisible bugs" situation. I first encountered this nightmare in the summer of 2009 while living in a house that was infested by pigeons. They lived on the roof of my house. They are filthy, nasty creatures that poop all over everything. I had them exterminated. But the crawling, biting bugs (bird mites) got in the house and infested the carpet. I got rid of them for about six months. First, I sprinkled flea powder on the carpet, then I had a professional exterminator spray every square inch of the carpet.

In March of 2010, I relocated to another state and the bugs appeared in the new place. I had the place bombed twice, but it didn't faze the problem. My entire family is convinced I am suffereing from OCD and wants me to go on meds. I am not crazy. I've never had any mental problems. I have developed some OCD-like behavior because I change my bedsheets daily, shower and change clothes a lot. The tremendous amount of laundry I do exhausts me. The bugs are in my vehicle also.

I am a very level-headed, no-nonsense mature woman, never have been into drugs, drinking, smoking etc. But this nightmare is so overwhelming, it tests my sanity. My doctor prescribed paxil for me, but I'm not about to take dangerous mind-altering drugs when I know the bugs are real.

One thing lead to another and last month, I moved back to my home state to be near my grandkids. Yeah, right, the bugs came with me. In both new places, I was not bothered for about the first five days. Then the same pattern started. Bugs started crawling into my nose, ears, and eyes again. Some nights it was so bad, I slept with the sheet over my head. I know the bugs are real because when I'm not at home I am not plagued by them. If I shower, put on fresh clothes and make it out of the house before slimy, spidery, itchy, static feeling gets on my clothes or arms, I can run my errands or go see a movie without being tormented. Every morning, I strip my bed and wipe down the plastic cover I have on my mattress. Before bed, I wipe it down again and put on the clean sheets. I am usually able to get a good night's sleep. But in the morning, the sheets are slimy and itchy with the buggers again.

This week, I tried something new that seems to be working: I sprinkled flea powder on the carpet--even under the bed. Three days later, I sprinkled Borax (Twenty Mule Team) laundry detergent on the carpet and left it there with the flea powder. Last night I did not feel any bugs crawling on me all night. Today, was the first time in months that I didn't feel like I was being eaten alive while sitting at my computer, The true test will be if I am able to sleep on the same sheets for at least a few days without having to wash them.

Yesterday, I went to birdmites.org and found that my symptoms seem to match what was printed there. I also went to howicuredmorgellons.com and Mel listed some protocols he used to rid himself of morgellons. I don't have morgellons--no sores, visible worms etc.--but I am going to try some of the immune system supplements listed on that site because the constant stress of dealing with the bugs is affecting my health. In the mean time, I am going to contact a bird mite exterminator and see what that costs.

My heart and compassion goes out to all of you. I know your pain. There've been times when this situation depressed me to the point that I felt like I don't know how long I could live this way. I so needed a support group to stay strong and focused and this site gave me hope and the strength to keep fighting this battle. I'll keep you posted as to what is working for me. Thank you for sharing your stories and advice.
I have been expierencing the same things as everyone else and Also feeling like what is going on. Is this a curse.  I have not slept well since 08/19/210. I have had my house fumitaged 6 times and they still exist it quiets down for awhile but then they are back.  I feel them crawling in my nose, mouth and eyes at night when I go to bed.  Mainly my lower legs when I'm sitting down during the day..  I do sometimes feel like sand granules when I feel an itch.  The itch feels like hair being tickeled down my back.  I also feel like these bugs run quickly over my toes or down my back or leg. I have to sleep with an industrial fan on because it blows them off me at night now that it's cold it a little difficult..  I wash my sheets and blankets daily.  I wipe down the plastic on my bed daily with alcohol as I speak right now they are crawling all over my legs in my computer room.  I have tried orange oil and wax and borax on the floor I have hardwood floor and tile in the bathrooms.  They are all over my home, car and cubicle at work.  It seems I am the only one who feels them. Although my freiend also has bites on his buttocks and back.  He does not feel them crawl he has mentioned while helping me clean he has felt one try to crawl quickly in his mustache. I do have some bites on my arms, back and legs.that's why I know I am not going crazy.  They are small they don't look like Morgellons.  I don't have the 4 symtptoms for RLS.  The bites look like bumps which I'm told are bed bug, but the other bites are indentented like a small chunk of skin is gone.  They heal pretty fast I am going on my 7th fumigation.  My fumigator seems to think I should see a Drs.  I have they gave me cream for scabies, which that didn't work.  When I am away from my home I do not feel these sensations.  I have all my clothes in plastic bags.  I am at my wits end please if you can help please do so I will keep you posted as well.  I will most likely be tenting my home that is so expensive.
I have had this problem for years , so it's good to know it's not all in my head. one thing that helps me is potassium . my potassium level was really low so the dr put me on prescription strength potassium. it helps a lot but tends to make me sleepy. If I miss taking it I can tell it almost imediately.I also had stinging sensations all over. as long as I take it twice a day I don't have these symptoms. but if I miss it comes back.you might want to check your potassium level too. it doesn't cure it but it sure does help.
Has anyone had dental problems,kidney stones or lung nodules?This thing is more than just skin deep
I have been to the Dr. for a Crown replacement.  I haven't felt any kidney stones or lung nodules.  Please inform me.
You wouldnt know you had lung nodules or kidney stones without an X ray
I am taking the Kroeger Herb Wormwood Combo and notice a slight difference in activity as well. I was so tired of taking two benadryl at night just to sleep without that crawling sensation.  Unfortunately I noticed that nothing makes it go away completely. Ww really need some answers!!
do a heavy metal detox... do you have amalgam fillings ? how many ??
This is crazy reading all of these - it looks like the last post was quite some time ago.  I had a massive bug infestation of these last summer.  My infant son screamed non-stop in helpless misery.  It was terrifying.  They bite, it hurts - I was covered in a rash.  We moved suddenly.  The not visible bugs never completely went away.  The heat seems to accomodate them.  My body rash is coming back.  My 11 month old son still wakes up every few hours.  My naturopathic doctor had me go buy yellow powdered sulphur at the chinese store.  It is to be mixed (very carefully and only if absolutely necessary)  with a lotion.  9 parts lotion to 1 part sulphur for adults only.  So, 9 tablespoons of lotion with 1 tablespoon of sulphur.  Blend the mixture in a blender.  Use 1/2 tablespoon sulphur for children.  Three days put the mixture all over before bed and shower in the morning.  Kill those suckers!  It is not your imagination.  Take a chinese herb medicine possibly in combination with this to prevent infections of skin (plum flower brand).  Take one with antibiotic properties.  Good Luck!
This is crazy reading all of these - it looks like the last post was quite some time ago.  I had a massive bug infestation of these last summer.  My infant son screamed non-stop in helpless misery.  It was terrifying.  They bite, it hurts - I was covered in a rash.  We moved suddenly.  The not visible bugs never completely went away.  The heat seems to accomodate them.  My body rash is coming back.  My 11 month old son still wakes up every few hours.  My naturopathic doctor had me go buy sulphur at the chinese store.  It is to be mixed (very carefully and only if absolutely necessary)  with a lotion.  9 parts lotion to 1 part sulphur for adults only.  So, 9 tablespoons of lotion with 1 tablespoon of sulphur.  Blend the mixture in a blender.  Use 1/2 tablespoon sulphur for children.  Three days put the mixture all over before bed and shower in the morning.  Kill those suckers!  It is not your imagination.  Take a chinese herb medicine possibly in combination with this to prevent infections of skin (plum flower brand).  Take one with antibiotic properties.  Good Luck!
hey guys hope this helps someone. im a professional spammer and came across this forum cause its pr7 - could use a backlink. anyway, i had them for about a year. i did it all! thought scabees and took those crazy baths, did the clothes thing, shaved all my hair, my room stunk from the chemicals - i isolated myself after six months of this i was in a constant state of hypertension, and started to experience psychological problems that have stayed with me. i could feel them crawling in my eyebrows and i used a magnifying glass to see them, but they were never there. i googled and came up with morgellons disease - until then i never knew what people with psychological problems were talking about. i looked at the pictures of the sufferers of this disease and i wanted to die. i had an anxiety attack and was admitted to the emergecy room where they made me hold a fluffy ball and describe how it felt. i suffered.

one day i read the front page of yahoo, about a guy suffering from a crawling feeling. i read his symptons and they sounded like mine. in the article closing it told of an element found in wine that caused 0x.xx% people to react this way from some trace element.

i drank wine, everyday. i really didnt think it could be so simple, but i quit drinking wine. within a month - it was gone. that was2 years ago. if i drink wine for 2-3 days in a row it comes back.

im not saying you drink wine, but i am saying that its possible you have been taking something in for a long time, something you know is safe, but it may not be safe - it may just be adding up. maybe its a metal from your cooking wear, or even coffee which now effects me in ways it never did in my youth.

but really dont disregard this, i know how bad your suffering. i remember laying there, feeling them, my heart beating like a marathon,and its all gone - they were never there and i think that maybe yours are not there either.

anyway im just gonna post this little tiny www.google.com link to see if this is spamable,
try eating fish eggs. salmon eggs seem to work best for me and i stumbled across this by accident. we went out for sushi one night and i ended up getting about 5 orders of salmon eggs or IKURA in japanese... that's 2 pieces of sushi per serving. that night i was amazed how comfortable i was in bed. no feeling of 'bugs' or tingling while stumbling around bed. i slept like a baby! first i thought it might have been a b 12 deficiency but i tried eating steak and eggs consistently which didnt work. i ended up going to the local japanese shop and buying salmon eggs which can get a little expensive but it works like a charm i tell you.i also quit smoking and started swimming at the local pool which also helped. seriously people, try the salmon eggs, let me know how it goes! hope this helps everyone!
I battled this for months-- creepy/crawly sensation that sometimes reulted in a light pin-***** sensation and left the tiniest faintest dots behind on occasion. It infests all things cloth/carpet/bed/upholstery. After cleaning like crazy for months, the ONLY thing that worked was a product called "Bifen." It is a poison pest control and some states require you have a license to use it but mine didn't-- I just bought it at the Co-op and mixed it with water and sprayed everywhere (I don't have kids or pets to worry about though.) I still had a problem with it in the carpet so I mixed the Bifen in my steam cleaner and ran in and it totally killed them in the carpet. As for my clothes, I didn't want the Bifen near my skin and washing/drying my clothes wasn't killing them, so I bought a deep freezer and did a rotation-- putting my clothes in a week at a time and then keeping them in garbage bags until I got the rest of my house rid of the mites. Also, change your vaccuum bag after each use (go outside to change it and immediately put a plastic bag and seal the used vaccuum bag before throwing away so they don't get out.) You have to treat these things like a bio-hazard. I vacuumed my car and sprayed Bifen in there as well. I haven't found anybody (doctors included) who can tell me what they are, but they are invisible and feel like pin-pricks and have left tiny red dots across my chest, belly, and upper arms that never went away (3 years later.) I used the measures above which are what worked after months of pulling my hair out! Good luck!!!
i recently moved into a sober house and the bed i am in has a bed bug infestation, i am allergic to these little ******* and they bit the **** out of me, bites all over me, after burning out the room for a 2nd time with some big *** heater, they died for a little bit, but of enduring that **** for almost 2 weeks it gave me post tramatic stress disorder, i havent found any bed bugs for 5 days straight. but every time i lay down i feel a crawling sensation, if i itch it touch it whatever it goes away, no bites... nothing, im thinking its baby bed bugs (nymphs). or just stress.
I had this problem for almost a year now...went to visit my boyfriend in another state, we stayed in 3 different hotels while we were together...about 6 weeks later, we both started having the crawling and biting sensation.  I have been to a dermatologist, a neurologist, and 4 primary care physicians...they have no clue what it could be...they say its in my head.  I have noticed this seems to be more noticeable when my body gets warm ( at work or in bed) but it is present almost all the time.  I have been treated with numerous medicines but so far I have found that rubbing my entire body with Calamine Lotion seems to work best.  The Dr I saw  yesterday feels I may have been "overtreated" so now she wants me to put Monistat on my body sparingly.  Dont know if it will work but am willing to try anything.  It's amazing that none of the Dr's I saw even took a skin sample!
I too have this issue. I will say for the last few weeks I have had this problem. I don't see any thing on my skin. I do have constant thoughts of bugs crawling on my skin. The thoughts get worse and worse. First it was bugs excreting frm my skin now the bugs are more violent and are now ripping my skin open and eating my skin. Like I stated before I dont ever see anything. It's just when my mind is idle I get thoughts and images in my head of this happening. I am at my wits end. It is like i am having nightmares while I am awake. I do think it is a matter of my mind playing tricks on me so I just want to know how to stop these images and thoughts in my head. I fear that this will get worse and I may completely loose my mind. That is if I haven't lost already. Some one please help. I want this to go away.
Same here. When i get out of the shower or when i sit for a long time at the old desk i use for my computer. There's no ventilation in my bathroom (live in an apartment). So i believe invisible fungus has grown in the apartment or something. Could be some wood parasite too that tries to bite me. I don't get this when i go elsewhere so it is definitely something in my apartment. Without me telling her, my girfriend started to experience this at the same time... we found out a month or two later when we were talking of our legs or arms itch when sitting at the computer or getting out of the shower. I'm afraid it's some sort of fungus and when we'll move to a new place we'll bring it with us. So i'm wondering if i shouldn't throw away all my stuff and start fresh again. I hope it's only some wood parasite that will go away when i'll throw away my old desk in a few days... Not sure what to do about the occasional itching after showering though.
So  I am not the only one with this strange unexplainable sensation?

For me it just started last week. As other have stated, it's a feeling of invisible bugs crawling on you and it effects every part of your body including sometimes the ears, nose and eyelids. There is no rash or bite marks of any kind.

Whats really strange is, i live with my youngest daughter and she claims she doesn't have the sensation. She is enrolled in online school and i am seasonally employed so in the winter her and I are in the apartment 24/7 except for quick trips to the store. Everybody that i try to explain this to thinks i am crazy, its just in my head. Nut all i can say is real bugs or not this is a real problem. It was so bad last night, that i wasn't able to sleep at all. So now i sit here feeling this sensation with no sleep and i feel like i am loosing my mind.

I think we need to start comparing any possible similarities all of us might have. I think its the only way we might get enough information to get to the root cause of this.

So here is some things that may or may not be relevant.

We have 2 cats, both of which just started about the same time, exhibiting the behavior of scathing at their ears and shaking their heads. previously for the last 5 months they didn't exhibit this behavior. So I took them to the vet today, but the vet says they are clean. no mites etc.

About a year ago, close to 2 now, i had a kidney stone (first one ever) which was so bad required 3 visits for 2 different stents and removal and kept me out of work for 2 months. Since then i have been drinking lots of lemonade per DR instructions. I also drink lots of milk and Sunny D orange juice but not because of kidney stone just because i crave it.

I just recently went to the dentist and had a tooth pulled. Other work still needs to be done but unable to afford it presently. However leading up to the tooth being pulled i was on heavy dosage of amoxicillian (875mg). currently though i am not taking any medication except Excedrin for occasional headaches.

We recently had a exterminator spray our new apartment for tiny, ant infestation. So far it appears the ants are gone. We live in an apartment on ground floor.

I sleep on a leather couch and sit in a leather office chair at my computer. Both places it seems the sensation is worse. But others sit there and don't seem effected by the sensation. Overall the more still you are the more this sensation seems worse, sleeping, resting, sitting etc. Talking a shower give relief for about 10-15 minutes afterwords then its back.

No changes in our household. same soaps, foods etc.

In the past i have had what i term as restless leg syndrome all though i don't know anything about it. Its a feeling that when you are laying still, you need to constantly move one leg, or give it some kind of stimulation (constant movement, hanging it over the edge of the bed etc). As leaving it still is very uncomfortable but not painful. This comes and goes randomly and only once in a while. Presently not something that is bothering me.

In the past i have had to take anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications. But currently am not taking anything.

Thats all i can think of for now. Hopefully this will help in some way for us to get to the bottom of this. I am so thankful that others have reported their issues with this. Cause its about the only support i can find.

Its cool reading all the posts above, But not cool @ all not knowing wtf do we have... everybody throwing down there beliefs, its crazy.

Ive been having the exact feeling as almost all the posts above.
@ Nights it cranks up a notch, or maybe in midnight the bug/crawling sensation machine is turn on HIGH level.  When the lights are out, it kicks in more.  If alot of ventilation is put, Fans, AC ect.  the feeling is better.
I sleep almost next to the ac vent. plus a fan ventilating other area.
i sleep with my sheets almost covering my whole body, like a "burrito" or worm.  Facing down, long sleave shirt, only skin exposed is head, hears and neck.  The sensation hits the uncoverd areas mostly, but also below the sheets.
PCO came exterminate with permetrin.  Really, they dont know ****.  He didnt actually believe me in terms of this invisible mites.  Yes a had alot of bugs in my house, ants, roaches, psocids, spiders and the wood larve.
For sure is not BedBugs because in the Island i live, there has not been a case in many many years.  We dont have bedbugs here.
My apt has huge humidity problems, im thinking it may be a fungus, or a parasaite / bug that feeds on the fungus being developed in my house.
Supposely, non of the neighbors have it, even do they have alot of animals.( im the only one of 4apt. in this floor without pets)
I stoped talking about the problem, because people thought i was going bananas, including my father and the people @ work.
This whole thing started as a buzz(noise).  @ First i thought they were mosquitos.  Yes i live near the shore and there are MANY kinds of mosquitos here.  But the mosquitos, u see them, even do the hide in black clothing/threads and when the light are on.
Ive tried every **** talked on blogs :

windex
clorox
zappers
PCO treatment
washing everything
Ozone treatment
Carpet powder
tea trea oil
Gralic / Pottasium / Magnsm
Foggers
Citronella candles

Yes when i washed everything compulsively, had the Ozone generator turn on for hours, when gone out of the house, Took a bath with fungus soap, or sulphur soap, changed sheets before going to sleep, took garlic/magnesium/potassium supplements daily, all this combined= better sleep.  

Or @ least i believe it work.  Its a mind game here.
But its alot of work men.. I dont have a washer/dryer machine@ my house so its a pain, having a daily laundry.  

I know this might sound crazy but the garlic, Ufff i think it works.  Eating fresh garlic, or taking odorless organic garlic supplement daily seems to calm it a little.  or @ least i belive it.  Missed the gralic for a day or two and I would feel the difference. Is like a vampire myth. Really dont know how this works, it has to do with the PH of your body, and garlic is even stronger than antibiotics.

Any comments, suggestion, feel free to email me
***@****

hope this crazy curse will be gone 4 good.

Invisible bugs or crazy disorder:

Its cool reading all the posts above, But not cool @ all knowing wtf do we have... everybody throwing down there beliefs, its crazy.
Ive tried every **** talked on blogs :

windex
clorox
zappers
PCO treatment
washing everything
Ozone treatment
Carpet powder
tea trea oil
Gralic / Pottasium / Magnsm
Foggers
Citronella candles

***@****

yeah.....I am supposed to be sleeping right now but I can't because of these constant sensations in feelings all over my body.  I always feel them moving the hair on my legs and then an itch that goes away with no visible marks left over.  I never see any bugs or anything.  Tried some flea powder to no avail.  Constantly changing sheets and don't seem to have to many problems outside of the bed.  They seem to able to travel through my clothing if I bundle up under the sheets.  I have a cat but she doesn't seem to have any more itching than usual.  My house is also poorly ventilated and their are places for bugs to come in.
@ LGAMMA: what island are you on if you don't mind me asking.  I live on Long Island and just want to tackle this with someone else that has experience.  I don't want to pass these on to anyone else but I have no options and everyone else on this board doesn't seem to have an solution that has worked for them.  My girlfriend sleeps in the same bed and doesn't seem to get as much itching as me but it is also affecting her.
@ Differentpath:  did the sulfur mixture actually solve your problem?  So glad to know that I'm not alone.  Not glad to know that everyone is still suffering
Again, he is not buying it.  We put a big white paper(for kids to draw/paint) in my room for a while.  Added a buzzlight(violet or blacklighted) and with his hi tek beam i swear we could see alot of **** in the air.
They always go, with the story that there are alot of particles on the air.  I know that, But i could see the difference from a fabric, dust or particle just floating really slow, and alot of ?¿?¿? flyign real fast, passing by.
He has his doubt, like giving it a possibility, but he always ends the conversation with:  It can be your paranoia, durt, dust and that alot of things used in household cleanings, that gives u this sensation.  To be really straight, he doesnt know what we are dealing with, because were dealing with something hes never dealt with, and much more if we cannot see them .( in alot of Blogs they call them like that "no see ums" or mistery bugs.
Also he afirmes that if there is something here, that it wont harm me, jejejejjjje...
It may not kill u, but may drive u into insanity or worse.

The white stuff cardboard we putted in my room bed and floor, started to get the really tiny black particles that i see when the problem kicks in.
He still says they can be particles, dust, fiber...anything BUT NEVER afirming a Bugg situation.
He uses a magnifying glass.  This stuff is microscopic, smallers that salt grains or beach sand.
without a good microscope, nobody can identify ANYTHING.  Hes amazed of all the **** im trying and all the info i have read.  Hes really interested in this case, but its a mystery he doesnt beleive 100%.
I just emailed him, this post.  I hope he reads it, cause i talk about him, describing they just deal with normal pest(ants, roaches, psocids, termites, ect)  He told me he has never seen a BBugg case in P.R
im geting to conclusions it has to be related to humidity, Mold, or some parasite that feeds and likes my apt.

Its very frustrating not really knowing how to eliminate or idenify  the problem by its roots.
keep replying, ill keep u posted.  A day or 2, after returning a borough O3 generator, the **** started again.
If I had some stuff in my room, or in the whole apt, and the O3 eliminated it(for a while)  Mold, fungus, spores come back again and reproduce rapidly since nothing has been done with the infrastucture of my apt and also for stoping the o3 treatment.  Im thinking of buying one, or buying a humidifier.  It may reduce the problem.
It *****, it can be so many things,  He also says that if some neighbors had alot of **** in their apt, (infestation)
that they may be moving to my apt, since probably has the more humidity % in the whole building...
like, they may like ur home... and may swarm @night wich is the critical hours.  I have alot of trees in the same level as my windows.  I have screens, but this stuff may be so small, the pass freely without hassle.  
Also i keep my front door open for cross ventilation.
My apt has very little ventilation when closed.  I just have a mini desk fan, thats it.  AC in the living room(which i never turn on)
and small AC in my tiny bedroom.  If its coming from the outside, they may come in easilly.
If they are just living allready here or in my body, the come out or activate their presence@ night.

keep posting on this mistery, im on tha watch :D
If you suspect bird mites:

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/birdmite.html

Ornithonyssus bursa is a small but extremely mobile mite, barely visible to the eye, with eight legs (except the larva that has 6), oval in shape and with a sparse covering of short hairs. The mite is widely distributed throughout warmer regions of the world. It is a parasite, feeding on the blood of common birds including pigeons, starlings, sparrows, Indian mynahs, poultry, and some wild birds. Bird mites are semi-transparent in colour, which makes them difficult to detect on skin until blood is ingested and then digested; when they may appear reddish to blackish.

Contact with humans usually occurs after birds gain entry to roof cavities via broken tiles or through unprotected eaves, of homes, factories, barns and other dwellings to construct their nests in early spring or summer. However, some infestations also occur from birds roosting on the outside of dwellings such as window ledges or awnings. The mites feed on the unfeathered nestlings, as well as the adult birds, and the large amount of nesting material used by the birds provide the mites with an ideal environment in which to thrive. The mites have a short life cycle (approximately 7 days) and can rapidly generate large populations.

When the young birds leave the nest, or die, many mites (often many tens of thousands) are left behind in the absence of a suitable host, and these will disperse from the nest into and throughout the dwelling searching for new hosts. Most mites will die within 3 weeks without a blood meal from a bird host. They will bite humans they encounter but cannot survive on humans.

Treatment and Control

The irritation associated with bites can be alleviated with an anti-pruritic such as crotamiton (e.g. EURAX®) but there is no specific treatment. Severe reactions may have to be treated as for other allergic conditions with antihistamines. Unless steps are taken to control the mite infestation, symptoms resulting from bird mite bite will continue.

Once the mite has been correctly identified, appropriate steps must be taken to locate and remove the source/s of the infestation and prevent its recurrence. All nesting sites should be located and nesting material removed.

An insecticidal spray can be applied to ensure total eradication of mites, but treatment of rooms without removal of nests in roof cavities will not stop further mites entering and the problem will continue. Broken tiles or timber allowing access to roof cavities should be repaired and all potential entry points to the eaves and roof cavity blocked. Roosting and nesting sites on window ledges should be cleared and made unsuitable for future bird use. A pest control officer may have to be employed to undertake these control measures, especially if large areas are involved.
PLEASE READ! YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! I have been dealing with this for almost a year. It started after removing a carpet in the garage after I bought my house. I immediately felt inching and crawling sensations all over my body. I brought it in the house in my shoes which I left in a computer room. In a couple of days anything I touched in that room made me itch. I feel crawling on my eyebrows, in my eyes, ears, ankles wrists and the crown of my head. I have tried everything and even pesticides which made me chemical sensitive. I now am not able to tolerate even natural peppermint gum which I used to chew, my mattress, fragrances or any product that is petroleum based. This is a whole other story though. Anyways pesticides don't work and they are toxic and dangerous! I have tried everything. Birdmites.org is a great site. Also this link has useful info: http://www.squidoo.com/invisible-bugs.  What I found worked and didn't almost kill me in the process is:
1. Srub your body with backing soda while in a hot bath.
2. Neem soap. leave it on for a couple of minutes, even your hair. there are different strengths. Very powerful and safer.
3. Vacuuming with a high powered shop vac or true hepa vac. Get rid of anything with fabric that you can like couches. Also any excessive paper.
4. Put all daily worn clothes in a sealed plastic bag and wash in borax detergent. Can put non-clorine bleach and baking soda too. Dry high heat for 45 minutes after completely dry. If you feel them in bedding. immediately put in a plastic bag carefully bec they jump and seem to float in the air. I was all sheets daily. 5. Meditate. stress will suppress your immune system more and they will get worse. If you have chronic lyme (more common that you think and hard to diagnose), candida, parasites or eat sugar, yeast, sweet fruit and wheat they will be drawn to you.
6. watch that they don't infect your electronics. They seem to love them. I had to get rid of a couple of computers, mice and keyboards, bec they were living in them.

They have been getting out of control lately and I am going to try whole house heating by a professional. they do it for bed bugs. You have to get the house to 120 degrees for 20 minutes so it will kill eveything.

If you are not chemically sensitive, Professional ozone treatments seem promising.

I am also experimenting with a dehumidifier in closed rooms for a couple of days. It's supposed to help with dust mites which I'm sure may help if they get dried out.
I have had these symptoms, the invisible crawly feeling (EVERYWHERE), nose itchy, sores on face and else where not healing, low energy, itch and stinging on body, itching in eyebrows.  Even in lower regions, legs and feet.  Thought I imagined these white dust things flying around.  Not imagination.  That is this bug.  I wasnt sleeping, I was exhausted.

This is Impetigo.  If you have had this a while have your doctor treat it with the toughest antibiotics possible.  Get a topical for the nose, as this is where is lives.

DO NOT TOUCH THE SORES DIRECTLY.  Do not pop them or anything else.  The only thing that will get rid of this is the antibiotic and the constant sterilizing.

During treatment, you will need to treat everything like biohazard.  I used a whole huge botttle of santizer.  Every time I felt an itch, I used it whereever the itch or crawling sensation was.  Wash clothes immediately after use and bedclothes/sheets daily.  Vacuume everything around where you sleep, even fabric lamp shades.

I took a shower each morning and before bed each night and changed the sheets each night before shower.  Use gloves when touching clothes and sheets.

I used an extremely hot towel on my face every time I felt the itch coming. and then immediately put the topical on it.  Or did a bleach bath (part bleach to water) and use with hot towel or even cotton tip around the nose.  If I touched anyhting is was wiper, it I touched a towel it was washed right after.  Garbage cans were bleached and bagged and went out as soon as contaminated kleenex and cotton tips went in.  BE DILIGENT.

I sterilized EVERYTHING.  Vacuumed everything, (then changed the bag).  Its a lot of work but I had my first nights good sleep in a long time.  I finally could breath properly too.  Still doing the sterilizer when needed.  USE all the pills.

Be DILIGENT.  It is worth it to finally be rid of these things.
Wow....I am SO happy that I finally found a forum that pertains to (our) situation.  We are not crazy!!!  For 2 years me and my G-friend thought we were crazy, but turns out we are not.  I didn't have time to read all the forums, but we definitely have most of the symptoms that a lot of you listed.  Here's our list-

- Mites/Bugs not visible...neither are the bites
- Happens mostly at night while lying down
- Starts in the spring time (we live in Minnesota), and seems to end in the summer when we crank the A/C, or for sure ends in the fall/winter when it gets colder outside

- 2 of us live in the house and both feel them
- Mites/bugs may have come from an old dirty couch in our basement that I took out a couple springs ago...that seems like when they started

- Mostly occurs when it's dark in the room and we are lying down watching TV at night

- Mostly occurs on bare skin (if I have a long sleeved shirt on or pants, they don't seem to bite or crawl on those areas

- Mostly occurs on face, neck, arms, bare legs....definitely no pattern

I'm wondering how many of you have animals, and also...does it mostly happen in springtime or warmer climate like us.  We feel your pain, but are SO happy we are not crazy!!
I have been suffering the same symptoms feels like bugs crawling on my lower leg. Also an itchy sensation on right forearm. Went to dermatologist who is amazing and she diagnosed it immediately-nerve damage in the cervical spine. I  had 4 damaged vertebrae that calcified my spinal cord and caused nerve damage to my cord. Urge anyone who has these sensations to see a neurologist.
i am 19 years old...iv had this problem since i was about 14...although the past few years it hasnt been that bad to be honest..but then i moved in with an ex and we got bed bugs from adding a room mate :/ and those were alll taken care of with the 4X seeing the exterminator also i had an infestation with fleas when i was 13 and when i was about 2 i got lice so bad they took over my eye lashes...my mom had to pluck out each one of my eye lashes and treat my hair and everything else...i think since iv had such bad experience iv just gotten a phoebia...like right now im laying in bed trying to find someone or something out here thats the same as what i deal with and this right here is the exact same thing as iv been dealing with for so long. iv never been to the doctor because i never think about it during the day..its only at night. right now as i type my butt cheek my chest and my arms are crawling and intching so bad and my hip just got "bit" its so random i have a dog but you know what ive moved 7 times since i turned 18 and no matter where i go with or with out animals its still there...im always scratching and rubbing and twitching and moving...i hate it my mom just thinks im wierd...and the bad thing is now that im pregnant im really scared to go to the dr about this cause i dont want him to think im crazy and take my baby when its born..
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!Since I moving into my current house, I have been eaten alive...my skin is a mess, I itch scratch and have been mocked laughed at, talked about, and labeled as crazy...its spring again, and once again, it has begun....i dont know what to do...i think it is a mite,,,my dad came from the south, he went crazy itchy too...said baby, you got chiggars....but i dont know how to get rid of these things, they are in my yards, i have a huge tree out front, hangs over my roof, and ac unit, a yucca tree in the back neighbors yard at the fenceline, a fruit mullberry and a pine tree, ALL hang over from neighbors yards...not everyone seems to be bothered by em...BUT I AM/AND AFTER 7YEARS, OF MYSERY, RESEARCHING/LOOKING FOR PATTERNS, I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL AGAIN...I WANT MY BEAUTIFUL SKIN BACK, AND DAMMIT....I WANT IT TO BE KNOWN, AND TREATED!!!!SO PEOPLE LIKE ALL OF US DONT HAVE TO BE THOUGHT OF OR EVER EVEN REMOTELY LOOKED AT LIKE WERE NUTS.....everything Ive read on mites, is so vague, they say things like,avoidance of the problem is easier than treating the problem...ok, that doesnt help....how do you get rid of birds all around you?and keep them from coming back? and how do you get these mites outta your house, clothes, couches,yards, etc.... once they are in it?
I've been experiencing the same crawling/biting sensation for several weeks.  Don't see a thing on my skin, and havent had any red marks or rashes to show up either.  Even my 3 indoor cats have been shaking their heads & scratching, though I have them on flea drops and I haven't seen any fleas on them or anywhere else.  They don't have ear mites either.  I assume whatever is causing the sensation on me is also causing it on them.  Will try some of the suggestions on this site and hope for the best.  
Before you rule out Morgellons:

*it is not related to bed bugs

*did you notice black specks on sheets? not everyone has the specks.

*you may not have reached the fibers and particles stage yet andnot everyone has gaping sores.

*I itched for a long time before the rest

*PARASITES ARE ACTIVE AT NIGHT!
****DON'T let a doctor tell you it's stress or your delusional - you know your not. They blame everything on stress when they don't know the answer. They don't know because it remains ignored and the numbers of those who have this is growing at an alarming rate. 300k throughout the world so far.
check out charles e holman foundation for recent research.

These are things I did to eliminated the itch, and lo and behold particles emerged:
I have Morgellons and I suspect you have it too. Much more to this but it is a start.

*betadine solution and oils for hands and feet and head to remove particles that cause itch. Rub in circular motion each spot till removed. They say use betadine on small areas only but I was desperate for relief.
*wash head in borax laundry detergent or salty water. wash brushes combs same way. Scrub head with salt daily till itch is gone. black specks? Morgellons
*Bathed daily in Epson salts for at least a half hour with apple cider vinegar.
*dry off and use lotion (coconut oil works best) on itchy spots. Rub in circular motion and particles will emerge.

You may notice the following come right out of your pores:
*black specks
*sandy particles
*white particles
*black slivers
*black hairs
*fine blue or red lint like pieces
*more - too much to go into here.
*also wrapped head in olive oil and many other remedies.
* have to change remedies often since body gets used to it and it stops working

I am on doxycyclene and herbal remedies from a reputable herbalist.

PEOPLE, THIS MAY BE RELATED TO AGRIBACTERIA, GMO FOOD AND GMO ORGANISMS, AND CHEMTRAILS! WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS HUSHED? GET EDUCATED ON THIS BEFORE THE WHOLE POPULATION IS AFFECTED. THERE IS NO CURE, JUST MANAGED!

Good luck to all and those who created this should be jailed!i
I think I have finaly figured this thing out I got the answer from another forem. what we have is a lack of good bacteria in our digestive track. the name for this is Candida. I have been plauged with this for 20 some years. I used to drink alot so I could sleep the last 5 years I took valuem. I hope this is the trick all we need is pro biotic sold over the counter in the vitamin section to put back the good bacteria and kill the yeast that is killing our body. check out all the symtoms (symptoms) that this beast is causing
I am grateful to God I looked at this chat trail. It isn't me. They live at work.
I have a higher sugar diet than my co workers and a lousy immune system. The others don't feel them as much as I do. I am about to start trying your whole list. Kelly
I had this sensation and it was an allergic reaction. If I took benadryl it went away. We found out I was allergic to cipro an antibiotic. It was all over my body. It was awful. Couldn't sleep it drove me crazy. I also had this reaction when I took lortab and swore I did have spiders on me. Me and some medications do not do well together.
Dr,  Thank you so much! Years ago while living in Ct I had been bitten by a Deer Tick and had the infamous Lyme ring on my waistline. I have had these sensations ever since. I am in Fla now and it has gotten worse due to the warmer climate. I have gone to my Primary Dr. whom sent me to a Derma, who sent me a Allergist and all have now concluded that I need a Psych. I have gone through many inconclusive tests, etc over this. You are a Godsend!
I have had this problem for several years, yes I have terrible anxiety and can't afford to take anything for it, but I DO KNOW what causes this sensation.

Normally after taking a shower, when you lay down, your leg hairs/ arm hairs are readjusting, giving the sensation of bugs crawling on you, the only way to deal with it , I have noticed is to either go to sleep only when you feel completely exhausted and don't go to sleep just because you have to, because then you may be restless.

Also, the other option is to cool off your room, I leave my window open with a fan blowing in my room regardless if it is 30 degrees out there or 80, but the thing is, the colder it is, the less I feel the "bugs".

I hope this helps,

Best of luck,
        Ben
I have had this crawling sensation now for about 2 years
i can feel things crawling over me and biting me sometimes on the legs or arms or anywhere for that matter i have asked at the pharmacy but they said go see your doctor
but having read all these other posts i dont see why i should bother because not many of you have had any success going to your GP
i dont show any signs of bites or redness where something has bitten me and i have not even seen the mites what have bitten me so am i going crazy or not
looking on here probably not
any help would save me from going crazy
i have the exact same problems. exactly the same as jonsee describes.

i first noticed it around my home due to housemates that  have not showered/changed clothes for years (one of them washes his clothes monthly.. its toxic).

i picked up a few minor itches here and there, and the 'spider web' or 'formation' that mobs you,
that occured to me a couple of times and was treated successfully with a shower and scabies treatment stuff.

i got it from a hairdresser. directly injected into my scalp.

i feel it in my hair all the time. its not hairs re-adjusting or anything.
theres 'something' there. what i do not know.

i have researched for nearly a year.
every type of fungus, bacteria, mold, parasite, virus, insect..
you name it, i've compared the symptoms.

theres some close matches with a candida infection and a fungal worm
like tinea/ringworm, however it does seem whatever it is, is actually alive
and chooses specifically where to go, not like a floating spore.

im thinking some people have an infection of some sort that allows
these 'invisible bugs' to get out of control. not everyone, but some.

there is little to no info on this problem.

i have 3 docs and a dermo, with no luck. i watch them scratching like a fleabitten dog, and they still dont believe me.

i've spent all my savings (im not that old so it wasnt a lot), i have had no family/social life for over a year.
i cant work. i cant survive. i need answers, before its too late.

i have no one to ask for help, not that i would take it anyway.

all i ask for is information on identifying it. is there a professional on
these boards who can identify what fits these symptoms.

1. invisible
2. contagious
3. almost 100% asymptomatic when treated multiple times daily -
    for those who wage all out war, they would be lucky to show a few
    little red bumps witch would be written off as shingles, hives, etc.
4. people who have this problem, people around them will scratch a lot,
    and anyone who visits their homes, will ask about 'fleas' and/or
    complain about being bitten by something. it gets through clothes in
    an instant. always seems to latch onto a hair and burrow in a pore.
I'm not a professional,  but I am VERY interested in this problem,  and have an interest in medicine and diagnostics in general.  

This is quite common,  this feeling that bugs are crawling around under the skin.  

There ARE cases of parasitic infestation and that can be diagnosed easily by a doctor at a glance.  This occurs most often in under developed countries with bad water supply,  but it does happen in other places,  and it's visually obvious to a doctor.

There is this other thing.  People who believe they have bugs crawling under their skin,  or who feel that sensation but know in their rational minds that it isn't bugs,  it's neurological or some other explanation for the sensation of bugs.

I am SO certain this is neurological.  My guess is,  it's a disease like Multiple Schlerosis,  that causes nerve damage.  I believe strongly that there is nerve damage - maybe caused buy a virus - or something else - that damages the nervous system and causes this horrible bug crawling feeling.

God bless you all who are dealing with this.  It must be really awful.
I too have had this horrible annoying feeling lately. It feels like bugs crawling under the skin or sometimes it feels like hair is sweeping over the skin or something.  I think you are correct in your idea that it is a neurological problem.  i have been under extreme stress for the past three years, but especially in the past three months, even more extreme.  Excruciating and difficult to deal with the pain and anxiety and stress and sadness.  I am sure this has damaged my nervous system.  It would be a miracle if it didn't.  I know my physical health is being destroyed by the stress I am under.  I am going to research alternative ideas to build up and repair the nervous system and will post if I come across anything that helps.  All the best to you all.
although some people may have a neurological disorder...

this problem is NOT neurological.

only those who have it can fully understand. it is highly contagious. everyone around
them itches. everyone who comes into their home itches. it lives on almost anything.

it feeds on YOU.
you will know if you have this problem. if others around you don't scratch,

while you are around, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

so please dont troll people who do have this genuine problem with your 'theory's'.

it causes nothing but misinformation, spams up the threads and stresses people out.
lauren,  what you say is really interesting.  There is a connection between histamines and adrenalin.  

Histamines are what cause that itchy feeling - if you get bitten by a bug,  it's the histamines that make it itch and swell up in reaction to the bug bite.  Adrenalin is released to help combat the affect of histamines.  

Adrenalin is the hormone that causes panic.  If you have a sudden scare,  it's the adrenalin rush that gives you that panicky hyperalert feeling.  Random dumpings of adrenalin is what causes panic attacks in people with anxiety disorders - they've got too much adrenalin being dumped into their systems,  and are in panic in situations that wouldn't cause other people to feel panic - because of the elevated adrenalin.

I know this is long and drawn out,  sorry.

I think you're really on to something - except it may be that your itchy elevated histamines are causing your anxiety,  not that your anxiety is causing the itchyness.  The itch is causing the adrenalin dumping.

Best wishes.  With so many people suffering from this,  it just seems there will be answers soon that will help you.
aaaaaaahhbugs,  there are many different symptoms in this thread,  and different experiences with the sensation of bug crawling.

The original post,  and most of the respondents,  don't report that everyone around them itches.  I don't know what you might be experiencing - but if you go to a doctor who is open to listening,  and they sit there with you and feel stung by little bugs while they are talking to you,  and the nurse also complains she is being bitten,  I would think there would be help for you in a different direction other than neurological.

Best wishes.

Im pretty confident declairing you have a parasite.  They can be contracted in public showers, at the swimming pool, going barefoot outside or even stepping on carpeted areas near any of such locations or in the households of specific parasitic carriers.  There are wonderful herbal & Rx medications you have to choose from.  It can take anywhere between 4 to 8 stool sample analysis for some parasites to be detected so you would be wise to ask for a blood culture & analysis also.  Educate yourself before you make a trip to the doctor & know you history on each of the KNOWN parasites that initially exit through the ankles & legs.
yes, in this thread we have: dilusional parasitosis, scabies/mites,

but, MOST genuinlely have the same problem.

like i explained, i have lived with this problem in my home for 6 months without actually getting it
(due to filthy housemates, who have not showered for 5 years, and not changed their clothes once either)

theres 2 different problems, one is living with it in your environment,
the second is actually contracting it and becoming the 'source'.

1 can be washed off, the second... cant be comprehended unless you have them in your scalp.

i find it very odd, that this person 'hates' water/cant shower.

when i shower, these bugs go nuts. they drip down with the water,
and attatch themselves to mostly the nose/face, then chest area with hairs, and also ankles (not including random itches/bites those are the main areas).
forgot to add....

when i contracted this 'infestation' it was from a filthy hairdresser who pretty much
directly injected it into my scalp (while giving me a 'deep scalp treatment/scalp massage' witch lasted approx 15 minutes)

therefore: pores were expanded, cleaned and hairs would have come out/damaged roots etc,
leaving a perfect oppurtunity for whatever it is to burrow in and make themselves at home.

does anyone have any updates on this??

the absolute closest symptoms would be in the family of tinea/ringworm.

however if it was, then it cant explain why i get the single bite marks.
it seems like there are different sizes of them, and only the large ones will actually bite,
the rest will just give you a crawlie/static electricity type feeling, especially all through your hair.
The people with years in this say my case its morgellons, They are no Dr, neither im I, but are quite a match.  They are tons of variations but all match in terms of structure, colors.  Again this is a new thing, without any believable fundament.  Just self research from many sufferes like us including me.  
stay positve, chage ur diet, AC slow them down, humidity and hot weather cranks them.  During night they are super active.  It comes an goes, like a cycle, maybe like the moon( half, full, new, ect..)  An yes the are in different sizes and on the same mission... hosting and reproducing...

this is a post a just posted in http://**************.com/health/topic71496_20.html  sorry admins, if a cannot post links of other forums sharing the exact problem.  Sorry again if a posted, not in purpose some info you might think its not apropiate...
went to the family DR.  didnt quite told him the MD spectic si-fi story, just told him how i felt, and how ive lost to much weight.  I just did blood and urine test: CBC+CMP+PSA+CEA+TSH T3 T4 , still waiting for LAB results to see how im I.

men!!! They are still here.  I feel them alot, its like a cycle, Dont know why they bother me less than few mnths ago.  Like, im tolerating it, sleeping a little better than before, having them, but dont know why, Its not as intense as before.  Im taking so much natural stuff, that maybe they dont like.  Doing daily for 2mnth now,  NEEM, Wormwood combo, Cats claw, emergenC (to boost my imune system), oregano oil, future biotics Colodial Silver, showers with Dr. bromers pepermint soap mix with joy antibacterial dishwasing liquid daily.  Today i havent vacum (HEPA filter) for maybe the whole week, and havent mop with clorox or antibacterial liquids, and boy, THEY are very present.  Also the weather here in P.R has been apocaliptic.  Lightning showers, raining with sun, extreme summer hot + humid weather.  Right now the sun came down, its super humid and sticky here.  Havent turn AC on today, and UFFFF they are having a blast.  Just posting my analysis and feelings here.  
Trully LGAMMA_.

full moon= lots of the flying ones,  I swear im getting use to them, and also being hable to see them, if u look to a BLACK backgrond.   today is full moon i think, two weeks ago in half moon, the same, and in new moon also...
I just moved into a new home and have been having this sensation every night!!!!!    I can't stand it.  I am feeling it right now.  It makes me feel crazy.  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  But I need answers.  :(
So I have been having this same issue recently.  I saw that someone posted this might happen because of stress/anxiety.  I am definitely stressed and anxious, but I have been in the past and have not had this problem. As I lie in bed now I can feel it all over me.  Back, legs, arms, chest, scalp.  I have a small rash on my scalp that I thought was a possible yeast infection, but I have ruled that out with yeast medication and shampoo.  I thought it might be an allergy to my detergent (purex) but the same sensation occurs when I sleep else besides my own sheets.  I feel like I'm going crazy...and although it is tolerable, it is quite unsettling.  Please keep posting if anyone has medical advice or theories!  
Btw, I am a healthy 26 year old female.
LAB results:

all normal expet:

1. Urine Analysis:  in the sediment analysis there were = MODERATE Bacteria.  normal would read NEGATIVE.

2. Serology: CMV cytomegalovirus IGG  = 111.3 POSITIVE (more than 50 is +)

3. Chemistry panel:  LOW on GLOBULIN 2.40 AND LOW IN A/G 2.03

Went to another DR. ( my cousin )

referred me to do more labs, today went and did:

1. HIV
2. Gonorrhoea
3. Chlamydia in urine
4. VDRL/RPR
5. UA
6. UC
7. SC ANTMCRB MICRODIL/ AGAR EA M
8. OB
9. OP
10. LDH
11. Epstein BARR igG
12. X rays for chest

ill post results in a week from today.  

Also i ask the lab guys, to gave me the slide of my CBC, i looked it out (under the scope)and found some rare blue matter in my blood.  rare shapes too.  My cousin send them to a friend of his, who is an infectiologist, to see if he see anything weird.  i think in Blood, there should be red blood cells and white blood cells only...not simetric blue stuff w?t%f¿_.

today my weight is 155, i was 180 maybe 6mnths ago.

On vacation from work, school is over so i have 2 weeks to take care of my self, and do some experiments. DR. told me, do an experiment even do is a hassle and alot of $$$.  He told me, dont use nothing twice.  i mean NOTHING, sheets, towels, hats, gloves, to see how the itch behaves, or how your body reacts or feels, using clean, fresh stuff.  Really dont know if i can do it, I Dont even have a WASH/DRY machine in my house, and i dont like to use the ones in the building (that everybody uses).   keep u posted on lab results and stuff.
last lab results.

SEROLOGY- EBV AB TO VCA IGG 5.48 /  positive is more that 1.09

really dont know if i have the antibody or have been with mononucleosis, or if the virus is still present.  

In Urine analysis:

in sediments: epithelial cells= RARE
bacteria FEW
crystal   FEW

in the other urine analysis bacteira was MODERATE

This all has to do with low immune systems, i have CMV + and EMV +

Don´t have HIV, came out non-reactive, as all STDS.  Ocult blood, Parasitology, and all stool tests came out good.  

Any Dr. wanna say something...  Is this the new disease, that has not come out yet...

Morgellons?
Highly Contagious AIDS-Like Disease that is Spreading in China?
does anyone suffering some lung problems as well?
Just a quick bit of advice i read some where on the internet about a guy who said try probiotic drinks and i did try them and believe it or not the crawling has stopped but only if i drink 1 of these probiotic yogurt type drinks a day i must admit  iknow they havent gone because i tried to stop taking the drinks  for a week and the sensation was coming back
for everyone out there with my symtoms (symptoms) of crawling and biting then try those drinks it helped me the very 1st day i took one
so how are the people suffering this strange problem getting on? I found very helpful to go to swim to a swimming pool and regular hoovering and washing of course. What is strange is that even if they dont seem to bother me that much lately( it always comes and goes in different stage pattern) i still see the poeple around me scratching at usual places,eyes, nose and ears,arms... I went to a GP for different matter and she was touching her nose,eyes constantly...
I eat probiotic yogurt, everyday... And not the activia one, The Real probiotic ones that has like 6 or 7, not only bifidus.  Crawlings don´t stop, @ least in my case_.  
I've had the same thing for as long as I can remember and I've just had to learn to deal with it. (Does drive me a little crazy on some days though.) But, I think I've figured out what it's kind of about...When I get the sensation, it feels more like a fly just landed on me or something, instead of a bug crawling across the skin--unless it's on my head then it's more itchy. But think about it...have you ever had the tingling/crawly feeling where you don't have very much body hair? One of the main reasons you can feel a bug when it lands on you is because it touches the small hairs on your body, which then move and let you know something is there. Sometimes I get a stingy/biting feeling, or if you lightly run your finger over the hairs on your arm, that's the sort of feeling I get and I'm sure a lot of other people do too. (And the "bug landing on my skin" sensation should definitely not to be confused with the "crawling under the skin" sensation which is totally different and can be an indicator of something more serious.) Anyways, I think my problem might have to do with maybe overactive nerves surrounding the hair follicles? Which makes my brain think a bug is there when it's not? That makes more sense to me than saying it's our imagination, or some made up disease.

Also, on an unrelated note...Your upper back pain? Is it a pinching/sharp pain near or under your shoulder blade? Cuz I get that too. My sis has it too. We've both gone to the doctor and apparently there is a nerve there that can sometimes be pinched if you've ever strained your back too much in the past, and currently don't have proper back support now. I notice my pain gets worse if I sit somewhere too long without proper support...like a chair without a back, or just sitting on a bench. Anyways, the pinching of the nerve is apparently pretty easy to do, and if you make a conscience effort to either always sit up straight, or always just sit somewhere that has a backrest your pain should subside. Mine did after about a month of doing so.
Hi Kelcey86

U really sound like a TROLL_.  

hope ur  brain thinks a bug is there when it's not? That makes more sense to me than saying it's our imagination, or some made up disease. This sentence in your post is BullS

We here are dealing with a real problem, and real insects.  Go to other forums with your delusion/confusion posts.  Do u work for the goverment? do they pay good for posting Troll comments?    Have a lovely week...
LGAMMA,  that doesn't seem like a fair attack on Kelcey at all.  

This condition - of sensing bugs on the skin that aren't actually there - will probably be solved in the next decade.  Enough people have this condition that answers will come at some point,  hopefully sooner than later.

The thing is,  this is kind of like tinnitus.  (Ringing in the ears).  People with tinnitus hear ringing,  and probably initially try to find out what around them is ringing - a lightbulb about to burn out perhaps,  a radio left on static,  a water pipe with a high pitched whine - but they soon discover the ringing isn't in the room, it's in their ears.  Their ears are creating the sensation of sound,  where there is no sound in the room that is being processed - although for all the world,  that's what it feels like to the person with the condition.

LGAMA,  nobody is saying your perception of crawling skin is a "made up disease",  but rather,  a neurological condition similar to tinnitus.    And at this point,  I think doctors AND patients of people who perceive bugs are crawling on their skin are both equally frustrated - but somehow,  people with tinnitus seem very willing to acknowledge there is no actual sound in the room that could be discovered and dealt with.  It's their ears sending a signal of sound to their brains.

The same with this crawling.

I wish you well,  and hope for a cure soon,  but it seems very unfair to call someone a troll who is experiencing this but realizes it isn't caused by a living breathing insect.
Dear RockRose

Im a audio engineer myself, so dont talk to me about tinnitus, which is noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) in a chronic or constant mode caused by damage to the microscopic hair cells found inside the cochlea. These cells respond to mechanical sound vibrations by sending an electrical signal to the auditory nerve.  This hairs in the cochlea normally stand like this II IIII I II II II IIIII II III III, When sound pressure levels(SPL) measured in DB=decibels exede 85, for a long period of time, or when a firecraker blows in your face, the hairs become_ __ ___ _ /__// __ _ _ ___ _ _ I _ _  _ _  , Thats when the sounds come.  Normally, and eventually they start to raise to their normal perpendicular angle like this againIII I// I//II II/ II III II I/ ///I/II/I/I/I/I/.  Tinnitus= ____ _ _ _ ____ _ _ __ __ __ _ __ _ forever, it depends on the frecuencies u blew, so that would change the tone and color of the ringing.

By the way i haved Tinnitus since the 90´s, being a DJ, hurt myself without knowing.

This forum and thread has many sufferers, and many stories.  Its very easy to say its all in the head, or that we are delusional.  If u dont think that people are suffering from a real situation here, go to another forum, because u sound like a Troll too.  Ive read your posts, and the way u wanted to join this chat, cause its interesting... Bahhhh  

Oh and for the non believers, im gonna upload some fresh organism found just right now in my Head/face/body  ck my profile picture and some blue ones(DVD tray in celestron digital microscope)  Its no joke_.

Truly,
LG∆MM∆_.

we all are frustrated and we all experienced maybe different things,who knows...it just has so many similarities that is really interesting,what might be happening to us. I am going through many stages myself of thinking is really some kind of living creature(mite,bug,parazite...they many) or is me who is crazy :) it all goes in stages when the feeling of them is really strong and then it gets better for a bit,sometimes is more the biting ( pin-***** sensation) and it feels really strong on any part of body( day or night,but mostly at night...another times is this crawling on part of your body. But it never feels as crawling under the skin. Is always a sensation of something moving on the body, which in last months goes to head,specially at night and this what is highly uncomfortable for me. I feel something moving in my hair,on face,ears. The other thing i noticed last months is this strange popping sound around my ears only at night,when i lie down in bed face facing the ceiling?dont know to spell. In whole period i suffer with this sh...t 2 people when i slept in their bed complained next days about having bedbugs. Many other people i sleep in the same bed or room,dont complain about anything. I never had any bites,but when it started we were 3 people affected in the same house. Definitely i would be the most happy person on earth if i know what is it
@ kelcey86: i believe you do have the bugs... however its not moregellons.
it may be a component of morgellons. you are right with the different crawlies/bites and under the skin feelings.

however, its not imaginary. other people around you will itch if you have this specific 'invisible bug'.

@LGAMMA:

this is a serious problem for everyone, you are the one sounding like a troll.

i have pointed out, you are the only one going on about fibers and stuff..
everyone else on this thread just has 'invisible bugs'.

this in my opinion, is fiber vs bug people. like i said previously, it could well be
a component of morgellons but it isnt morgellons as theres no fibers or lesions.

just the occasional bite anywhere from cant hardly see it, to the size of a flea or
mosquito bite.

also, you seem to have no knowledge of human hearing. i also have tinitus.

i can name at least 5 possible causes for tinitus, not one as you claim.
that in itself proves to me that you do not always have a clue what you are talking about.

less fighting, and more real info. stop assuming/theorys etc.. post the facts.
I've had similar prob for 1 month and a half.  Crawly feelings sometimes itchy sometimes stings like pin pricks.   It started out on one spot and then two more.  Later the symptoms spread head to toe.  Then even inside the nose.

Husband later got symptoms too.  He went to sick bay at base and they were able to see a fungus with a black light.  His entire arm was covered with big glowing green splotches.  Some fungus shows up in black light (not all)

The RN identified it as ringworms.  But, to me it did not look like ringworm at all.  Barely visible to the naked eye are skin colored outlines all over the skin if you look in good lighting at certain angles.  Some scaley patches in some areas.

My company doctor thinks it is tinea versicolor which can be barely visible on some people.  Although the internet says it is not contagious, my doctor said "it can be".  He prescribed oral meds I have to pick up and take today.

Please get checked for fungus.  There are many different kinds that affect humsn.  I heard some fungii culture easily while others don't.  In those cases skin scraping and microscopic examination are used to identify the fungus.  

My doctor did not test me this way because he felt I had enough symptoms to identify the cause.  He could also see the faint skincolored outlines along the edge of the virus growth.

God Bless and take care,
Annie
I have similar symptoms at you. These things seem to get out to bite in the afternoon, early evening. They especially bite under the socks and in the undergarments.

Listen, it might just be fruit flies. They are so small that they are hard to see. Before going to sleep, get a cotton ball and soak it in water and tea tree oil. It stinks and they hate that smell. Remove the excess water and bring that cotton ball put it under your sheets at night. I can assure you they will not bite you much that night.

Ensure you have no plants at home inside the house, all fruits and veggies in the fridge and trash removed promptly from the kitchen. Let me know how that works for you.
I can see lots of lines on my skin,specially when i take bath...it looks like strange irritation of the skin,like ezema all around my body,but on the day light it looks like dry skin and sometimes i see glitter on my skin when in sunlight. I am not using any products just water so... and the usual,someties biting,crawling sensation.
My god, thankfully im not alon either.
I suffer from anxiety, stress and of course, im hipocondriac.
I started with these sensation about 1 week ago, all the time thinking that I might have cancer, heart failure, meningitis, really and most of the time with new symptoms, thinking in the worst diseases.
When i dont put attention to it, i really never feel something worse, but the more I start thinking about it, the worst it gets.
So, for now on, i just deal with the thing for a while until i see something weird like a bumb, uncolored skin or whatever.
I have been through hell and back literally and once again feel alive again thank god. I was experiencing the same exact problem alot of people are "Invisible Biting bugs on my skin" for a few weeks now and I will start from the beginning to let you know my story. A few weeks ago I started to feel these "bugs" crawling and biting me and they were invisible to the naked eye but found myself constantly scratching and being bit. It got worse by the day and was to a point unbearable. There are 5 people in my household but only me, my fiance and daughter were experiencing these invisible biting
"bugs" but my 2 sons were not. I thought we had bedbugs and scabies and took precautions to get treatment for both including my sons to make sure they weren't exposed to anything. Me, my fiance and daughter were constantly experiencing the same thing after the treatment but my boys did not. It didn't make sense to me. The doctors give you no direction because you don't have any evidence to show them and the exterminators can't find anything in the house so we were left on our own. I honestly was losing my sanity and was scared out of my mind that what ever it was that was constantly biting us will never go away because we don't know what it is to get rid of it. I started to research online and realize that this is a common researched issue that exists but noone has answers. I was getting very discouraged after reading all these posts with no conclusion. Scared out of my mind that this was going to go on for the rest of my life. It got so bad that I was becoming delusional and seeing black spots in random places. I am not sure if that was due to lack of sleep because as you know it is hard to sleep when you are constantly being attacked by invisible biting bugs. I read some home treatments that I found to not really be useful. The one that did relieve me a little was putting a little bleach in my bath water. After my relentless online research, as now that seemed to be my only source for information I came across an article that talked about fungus spores. This was not even close to what I was researching but read it anyways. It lead me further into researching into "MOLD SPORES". I had no clue about them and read all about them. I was experiencing the same exact symptoms (crawling biting invisible bugs all day and night) that most of these people are searching online for. The problem is people are not researching the right information. I know because for the last week I was looking up "Invisible Biting bugs or parasites on my skin" and that led me nowhere. Anyways, after reading what mold spores are, they symptoms are  the same exact thing as what I was experiencing. House plants, cold water vaporizers, humidifiers, and dirty air vents can be sources of airborne mold spores, mildews, and bacteria that could cause skin reactions that feel like invisible bugs biting on your skin consistently. I went home and for some reason decided to check my humidifier that is on every night in my room that me my fiance and daughter share. What do you know, it was infested with mold (like 3 inches thick). We didn't know about changing the filters so we have this humidifier on every night from bedtime until we wake up blowing these bacterial mold spores on us infested us and our room. It can also be in your air conditioner which was my next filter that I changed that had mold but not as bad or in your house (water leak). It all made sense now! My boys were not exposed to my room so they didn't have any symptoms but we did because it was directly on us throught the night and only building and getting worse (I now feel like I have respiratory problems due to this and only time will tell with my daughter). The scabies treatment didn't work because we were exposed to this mold all the time. So I removed the humidifier and bleached down my room (immediately upon bleaching down my bed they exploding onto my body like they were clinging for dear life. Bleach kills the suckers) and then took a bath with a little bleach and washed my body with a dandruff shampoo. I felt so cleased and slept like a baby. It was the first time that I had relief and realized there was an end to this craziness that no one seems to know anything about. I read about dust mites, bird mites, skin parasites and researched relentlessly. Once I realized how many people are going through this with no direction and are as desperate as we were, I wanted to get my story out there for people that might not be looking in the direction of mold spores as that is not what I was looking for and to know that their is an end you just have to know what to look for. It was kind of a mistake (I swear god popped that article on my screen as I was looking up invisible biting bugs). I see these people that are talking suicide and losing their jobs and can't function with life because of this. Then you get these damn idiots that write a story and try to sell you some gimmick crap! They know these people are desperate! Alot of people are wasting thousands of dollars because they are so desperate to get rid of something that is not there. I spent about $400 on insecticides, bedbug bedding and scabies treatement for nothing. Thank god I didn't get the exterminator in my house. The day after we were going to spend over thousand dollars on exterminating my house for nothing. I pray this reaches someone and can help them before they loose their mind like I almost did. I am not saying this will solve everyones invisible biting bugs issue but it did for me and I believe it will for many that are just misinformed on what they are researching. Read some of the websites below that can be helpful.Good luck and god bless! ......Debra

http://www.mold-help.org/
http://advancedmoldinspections.com/types_of_mold.html
This is a fungus called Arthrobotrys oligospora. Its a fungus used in agriculture to rid plants of insects, unfortunately it has started infesting humans. Go to youtube and search for "what is morgellons? The mystery being solved."

Google" the poor mans protocol" for supplements that have cured some people. Your immune sytem must be repaired to fight off this fungus. Even those of you who "are in great health" are not. Your doctors havent tested you for everything. Look into a candida albicans problem.

Guys , I have this Sensation too , im a 16 YO boy
I swear its make me cry sometimes, cant sleep cant lay down cant do anthing , I feel like invisbile bug are bitting me or crawling on my skin

SOOOO PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME , I WANNA BE NORMAL AGAIN
IM FEELING IT RIGHT NOW :(
it is a sign of the Dijjal,google the life cycle of strongyloides,the arrivals on you tube or Morgellons
I was having some symptoms but not so noticeable, now they are all over..the same ones you are talking about.  Crawling bugs on different parts of my body.  I am 45 yrs old woman, suffering from Bi-polar.  Started meds 6 months back and since then I am doing great. But due to my other personal situations, I have been contemplating on Suicide for a while which actually makes me happy that my pain will end. It s not causing any stress.  What I can think of recently is that I have donated Blood with Red-Cross and the girl who drew my blood was Very Rude and Hurt me while inserting needle that made me scream.  Secondly, my cat who is indoor/outdoor has scabs on his body and poor guy is scratching/pulling out his hair all over. Now he doesn't want to come inside the house anymore, stays on porch only.  Anyway guys, I really dont know what is going on with me.  Why am I having such crawly/itchy feelings keeping me up at night too:(((((  Hope this might be a sign of Menopause or my Cat gave me something...dont know...I am going to kill myself anyway after about 2 years but until then I want to be in good health so I can fulfill my other responsibilities.
Been going thru this for three yrs my family thinks I'm crazy . Now I have moved and started right back. I think it is no-see-ums and u cant kill them. I can't take this anymore i am depressed no one believes me. Isolated and I get like i cant fuction memory lose loose my temper yell for no reason. No one else gets bite. Went to ER and left fast they wanted to commit me for 3 days.Im 52 and have never gone thru this before used to be outgoing I have no friends my kids dont want me around grandkids unless they r right there stuck in house crying and talking to myself. I have done everything I can think of and thrown thousands of dollars of things away seems like I get a shocky feeling when I feel like I get close to them
Ok, sorry for any hostile comments i made, if i hurt anyone.  

I turn from normal vegetarian, to almost vegan zero sugar diet, and the results were: 2 to 3 weeks with lowered symptoms, like 50% gone.  All beautifull till today.  They are back.  My life return for couple of weeks, I even put out the microscope for a while.  The more i looked, the more it gets very scary.

Last night i started feeling some things droping in my head, like landing.  The sensation is so real, you touch your face to see if u have something.  Off course i founded a tiny, transparent almost microscopic dot.. like this .   ( . )
I took out the microscope, and this thing looks very bad.  Either is Morgellons, Invisible bugs, or mite infestation, this thing is Bizarre.  Tell me your story?? what has help u??? I retested the 2 positive labs had, and they came positive again CMV, epstain barr.  My xray (chest) show some rare infiltrates too.  
Take care everybody...
J aka LGAMMA_.
sounds like Collembola.  check out stopskinmites.com
I have the exact same thing have had it for about 2 yrs same time I discovered I have depression apparently this is a symptom of depression or you may have a mental health issue you may not be aware of eg:skitsfrenia it is not nice I lay there and tryn ignore it because I allways get it and no there's nothing there but it feels so real like somethings there u scratch just incase this time there is something haha its so annoying guys and the doctors just think we are mad!!
I have been getting the same thing for 8 years. Normally it has been once or twice a year and if I acted in a few hours I could get rid of it by washing everything I had worn including bedding. I would then shower, scrubbing myself as hard as I could, drying with a fresh towel and then using DerbacM which is for scabies.
Over the years this has become less affective and I don't think its scabies as I never have any marks.
At the moment I am on the 5th time of having it this year and moved on to allergy pills as the DerbacM has become useless. These pills don't work either. I got a bit of relief fora day or two and then it has accelerated with a vengeance.
The reason I am writing is to ask if people get it when they go to certain places.
This year I have noticed it comes on at some places I have been. I have been to these places for years and all has been ok but this year at 4 different locations it has started. It starts with a crawling sensation which I always think am I imagining it or is it starting again? This is the time to act but generally I am stuck at these places for an hour or so, so I grin and bare it. If I sort it out as soon as I get home I'm in with a chance but if I leave it till the morning or later I'm looking at a week or two of crawling and burning/biting sensations.
It may sound mad but I feel like I am carrying some kind of invisible mite and when I go to other places the opposite mate jumps on me and they mate or I have laid eggs on me which need fertilizing and these options are what gives me the pain.
Does anybody else notice it when they go to certain places?  
This forum helped me soo much! I was so upset and exhausted from lack of sleep when I began about two week ago feeling like bugs were crawling on me. The feeling was so slight that I didn't notice during the day, but I woke up every hour during the night. I just got up and began searching the web for help and was relieved to hear of others suffering the same symptoms. My symptoms have now disappeared!! I realized that they began after a few days of taking a new multivitamin I bought at a health food store. It had a huge amount of the B vitatmins. I googled the effects of having too much and found that Niacin (B3) can make you feel itchy, and dizzy, which I had noticed also. I sooo hoped that if I stopped taking the vitamin, that creepy bug feeling would stop      AND it did stop!!  I hope that others will find that the solution for what is causing their problem(s) I slept the entire night and feel so much better today!
Maybe it could be body lice????have u guys ever thought of that?
I read this thread on and off because my symptoms present that way....on and off. I don't pretend to have any idea what this is...neurological, invisible flying buys, parasites...no idea. But I recently pulled out of a 4 month bout with it  - my 4th or 5th in the past couple of years - and I wanted to get back and explan what I did in the off chance anyone might be helped.

I get the "hair dragging across my skin' feeling...that's how it presents to me. Also my scalp cranks out weird grainy stuff and I feel as though my hair is falling out. This happens a couple of times a year, for varying lengths of time. I hate it. But 4 months was the longest it's lasted and I was really starting to freak out. So this is what I did.

I read this thread and a few others, and decided to take a multi-pronged approach. First of all, I stopped waiting for Nizoral to come back to CVS....I'm not sure it ever will. I asked my doc for the prescription strength version, and got it. I also got Neem oil, and began washing my hair with the ketoconizol shampoo with a little neem oil mixed in. I let it sit a few minutes while I shave my legs and stuff, and I also put a little in my eyebrows for good measure.

I bought tea tree oil, and mixed it with my usual body wash. I scrubbed all over every day with this combo, and stood in the shower and let it sit for a minute or so.

I got Black Walnut extract (something like that, can't recall the whole name) and started taking that mixed with water a couple times a day. Also took some yeast cleanse capsules.

I vacuumed every day. I have pets so I can't use chemical bombs, but I'm considering getting a steamer.

And...within a couple of days it was gone. Now I do the black walnut tincture once a week, use the nizoral twice a week, and am about out of tea tree oil.  I still add neem to my shampoo. I feel much better, that weird "dragging hair" feeling is gone, my scalp is fine.

Honestly, just going out and taking action made me start to feel better. Whatever this is, it's miserable. I'm perfectly healthy, don't go to the doctor, and am not a hypochondriac. I don't imagine stuff. If an actual MD could weigh in on this, it would be interesting. And no I don't have lice or scabies. I only wish....those things we can fix.
Please help any medicine for itching skin... every night i feel itching all over my body .more than 2 weeks now and my friends and family telling me that i loss my weight to much. because i am luck of sleep all night. please help
yea i have this skin problem that i was born with but idk if its the cause of my irritation, its happens at night when i try to sleep, yes my skin is dry cuz its a really bad case of dry skin but no matter how much i put lotion on or what type it stills feel weird like a outer skin problem, like i cant stand having the skin on my feeling cuz its so aggravating, its not the soaps i use or anything cuz its the soap made for that, but some reason no matter how much i moisturize my skin it still irritate, theres no bed bug or mites i used the protection spray, no fleas, no bugs of any kind so is there any thing out there that can stop my dry skin from being so crapy? it ***** not being able to sleep when i got to get up at 8am. so if anything can you please help?  
I have an idea that might help with dry skin. I add a few teaspoons of Bragg organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with a little fresh lemon juice and honey to taste and drink several glasses throughout the day. I'd heard that it would help with my dry skin. I googled Bragg apple cider vinegar first and read that it will help with lots of problems including dry skin. It really helped me. I had the horrible sleep interferring sensation of creepy tiny bugs (invisible) crawling in my hair, neck and arms and found this forum while desperately looking for some ideas of the cause and cure. I thought I was going crazy. I honestly feel that the vinegar thing helps me with that problem too. It is worth the try and I pray that it will someone else.  Please post remarks if it this helps you too. When I get to feeling better I ease off the vinegar and then start again when it begins again.
My problem began around the same time I did away with my old salt water softener and installed an electric water softener.  Probably just a coincidence but curious to know if anyone else suffering with this has done this as well?  Could be something or could be nothing.
gonna try the apple cider vinegar.  Thanks
         I am 17 and i suffer from this too i have my whole life or as long as i can remember.  i remember a medical condition for feel bugs on your skin i just cant remember the name of it. But, it is a mental thing and you can not control it and there is no medicine for it. All you can do is what i do and accept that it is not real. For me this made it a lot better but it still happens daily.
         I know people are going to get mad at me for saying this but it is probably paranoia for some of you. It was probably a real bug in the beginning but you tricked yourself into thinking that it must be medical. Paranoia is the medical condition for when people think bugs are crawling on them. It could involve hallucinations or may not.

.
Hi everyone!  I started with tremendous itching of my scrotum and anus.  I though I had pin worm and a fungus.  I tried all kinds of remedies for this but the itching was so intense and nothing abated it.  Balmex cream helped a bit but didn't cure anything.  Then I started getting bite marks around my buttocks and the sides of my hips with little ***** pin sensations all over my body.  I could feel things crawling around my eyebrows, my legs, on my ears - all over.  I looked up my symptoms and came up with scabies and Morgellon's - but then I found this forum and first of all, was so relieved that there were others experiencing similar things (not that I'm happy you are - just happy I'm not going crazy).  So I started a regimen that seems to be helping a lot.  I put a fogger in my car to kill anything crawling in there that I couldn't see.  I got mice and rat poison to kill any rodents in the house that might be carrying anything into the house.  I started shampooing with Licefree Everyday with Tea Tree Oil shampoo.  I put it all over my body and my hair and leave it in for 3 to 5 minutes.  Then rinse and dry and spray the most affected areas with Lifefree spray (it is non-toxic) and leave it on.  I got brand new satin sheets.  I make sure my feet are dirt and dust free before crawling into bed.
And I take melatonin.  Last night, I slept like a baby.  No itching, no crawling.  I'm planning on fogging the rest of the house and doing this regimen every night before bed.  I also took out the B vitamins and all supplements for 5 days.  Now I have started taking vitamins C and D, CoQ 10, fish oil, and some other things but have not added the B vitamins.  Oh and I bought some generic Claritin and Benadryl which I take at mid-morning.  I know it sounds like a lot, but I was so exhausted from not sleeping.  Who know exactly what is working?  I don't care.  I found a combinations of things that seems to be working for now and felt I should let you know.
The answer to get rid of them may be below ....

I've had the same problem as 'salsanene'.  I had scabies 10 years ago and got rid of it with 5% permetherin.  Last month I felt a crawling sensation which I couldn't get rid of until I saw the link below and followed 'Jordan's' instructions.  I've had 2 crawling free nights sleep already so thought I'd post the link, and hope it helps you.

http://www.*****.com/forum/health/scabies/TANRSMLUPELG5J94K

Best of luck.
Have you ever considered going to a Therapeutic Massage Therapist for your back. You may have a simple pinched nerve. The other skin thing could be parasites. All you need for that is some Toxi Clenz taken during full moon. I am not trying to be funny, I am a LMT and most people have parasites. It's not a big deal. Some you can see most you can't. Good luck. :)
Hi I would like to discuss about it, I am in the same phase. I feel they are flying mites. my email singla.***@****
For some reason the link I posted hasn't come through - I followed the  advice below...

"I got permethrin 5% from my dr but it was unsucceseful. So I baught freedom 45 which is a treatment for dogs. It is 45% permethrin. Its very cheep. I found it at cosco. Then I baught a suphur dust for plants at osh that was 90%. I mixed 4 tubes of the freedon 45 and about a tablespoon of the sulphur dust with 5 tablespoons of vasoline. I applied it at night from neck to toe. I dusted my whole house with the sulpher. I washed my bedding and clothes in hot water.
The mites are gone and it also killed all the spiders and fleas in my house!"

Megan Wells has suffered from this for many years and now how been cured.  She has put together a website with a protocal to cure this.  You may want to look at this.
http://stopskinmites.com/
try Eurax 10%
bitricide 600mg
stromectal 6mg
PROBLEM SOLVED!
I started having this feeling of bugs crawling on my body last month. Every night, i felt bugs on my body but never saw anything. I changed my sheets every single day, sprayed the room, put plastic cover over the mattress, etc... I really thought i was going crazy, as my husband did not feel anything at all, so it was my problem!  I was told at one point that it might be stress, but i did not believe it because i have been stressed in the past. Then, i read the side effects on my antidepressant medication that i have been taking for a long time, but recently i upped the dose from 150 to 300 mg. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!  I read among the "serious side effects" hallucinations, sensation of bug crawling... i lowered my medication back down to 150 mg 2 weeks ago and since then nothing. i can finally sleep again!  Look at all the medications you are taking and try stopping for a few days and see.  Hope this helps some people.
there are sure to be different remedies depending on whether you actaully have bugs and the type of bug you have, in addition to those already listed, remedies may include

1 place bowls of water on the mattress / bed when not in use and spray the bed with bug killer and the bugs may jump into the water depending on the type

2 also place bowls of water on the floor around the mattress / bed (be careful not to step on them when waking up )

3 empty the bowls frequently

4 change of washing powder ( I changed from bio to persil non bio and that may have been part of my success in getting rid of them )

5 wear clean socks before each nights sleep

prayers and best wishes, David

I have had RLS since I was 8 years old (that's the earliest I can remember anyway) and the crawling sensation is definitely RLS. Unless you have rashes it is most likely nothing else. I have found that tramadol works wonders so ask your doctor. Beware, though, some people can't get terrible withdrawal symptoms like nausea, constipation, depression, and increased RLS symptoms. Research it well. I have noticed that I get a bit depressed when I stop taking tramadol. I uses to take 50mg and am now on 100mg so you do develop a tolerance, but if you can wean yourself off for a couple of weeks your tolerance lowers.
I have noticed that the first symptom before the tingling is that the soles of my feet start getting hot, like the blood is rushing to my legs. Pretty soon my legs are hot all over (sometimes up to my lower back) and I get that awful creepy crawly feeling.
I have read that some people use stuff like Icy Hot and other people take cayenne pills before bed.
Anyway, that's my two cents. Good luck and I hope you find relief. Sorry if there are typos, I'm on my iPhone and too lazy to proof read before posting.
Peace
If you have ruled out scabies please read on, I have a theory I haven't read anywhere else.  
After all the reading I have done about scabies I believe THE CURE COULD BE DRY BODY BRUSHING.  I know this may sound ludicrous but please read on.I have tried this with my rash and it has worked really well.
A friend of mine had scabies and I believe I caught it from her, more at the end on how I caught it.
I developed a pimply, itchy rash on my chest and inner elbow.  I didn't have night itching, or itching between the fingers like most people though I did get a few 'tracks' (scabbed over 'burrows) here and there.   I was not diagnosed with scabies however the rash did not respond to fungal cream, and since I've never had dermatitis and the symptoms fitted the criteria for scabies I believe it is scabies.  The pharmicists did say he thought it could be scabies.
I have done a lot of reading about scabies in the last week and have come to some conclusions.  The extent to which a person contracts scabies is dependent on a few things, firstly their immune response.  Regular scabies and the extreme form of scabies, Norwegian scabies are caused by exactly the same mite, the only difference is the person's immune response.  Sugar inhibits immune response so my advice is stay away from it till the scabies is well and truly gone.  Avoid all foods with sugar added to them and avoid fruits too because it doesn't matter what form the sugar comes in, fructose or otherwise it will inhibit the immune response.  A great way to boost your immune response to anything is garlic juice.  I juice a glass of celery and put two or three cloves of garlic in, and quarter or half a lemon.  This may taste really gross to some people but I would urge you to give it a go.  Garlic is a very powerful food, while it is good to eat it, it is far more powerful as a juice.  If you don't have a juicer you can get panasonic juicers on ebay for about $30, I recommend them. If you can't juice it have it raw, when cooked the health benefits are decreased. Over the last 20 years I have only had four or five colds/flues...I know a bit about nutrition and natural healing.
Secondly, the mite is about the size of a tiny piece of dust. If you were to look at your arm under a microscope or powerful magnifying glass the mite would be bigger than the width of one of the hairs growing out of it.  A piece of human hair is only about 1/5 of a millimeter while the mite is larger at about a quarter to a third of a millimeter.  The females burrow but the males roam around on the surface of the skin.  The rash is caused by the 'toxins' left behind by the female, which are just under the surface of the skin.  When people get sunburn and it heals a very thin layer of skin peels off, the 'toxins' are only that deep down.

This has led me to the conclusion that DRY BRUSHING OF THE SKIN WILL WORK.  The reason I believe it will work, and is working for me is because when you dry brush you are doing two things, you are dislodging any males that may be roaming the surface, they may be able to cling on in the shower or bath but they will not stand up to a brush.  Secondly you are brushing away the toxins that the female left behind, as well I should imagine the eggs, and possibly the females  since while they are under the skin, they are still very close to the surface of the skin and that thin layer of skin is brushed away.  

Dry brushing is done with a soft brush, you can you a natural fibre brush or synthetic, it doesn't really matter, but I believe synthetic could be better as the natural one could be too soft.  There are two kinds of natural brushes, one has very stiff fibers which would be too harsh while the other kind has softer, flexible fibers.  I am using a synthetic hair brush which is somewhere in between.  Dry body brushing has been used for decades in Europe for its health benefits, see Parvo Ariola's book How to Get Well for more details. Anyway start at the feet or hands and work towards the heart, move the brush vigorously in circles but remember your trying to dislodge a mite that is only the size of a tiny piece of dust so you don't need to over do it. I have done this over my rashes and seen a vast improvement.  Make sure you do your whole body, I wouldn't recommend brushing the face and neck though because the skin is a lot more fragile there, back of the neck is ok to brush but not the front.  If your a guy I guess your skin is less fragile there so it may be ok. Vacume the floor after brushing.

This is all just my personal opinion, try it at your own risk.  Of course you still need to wash towels, bedding and clothes too.  
(More about how I think I caught scabies. A friend of mine had scabies and I would visit her house quite regularly, at least once a week....she has had it for the past 8 months.  After each visit I would feel paranoid that I had caught it and would notice itching all over my body, but each time that itching would last only a couple of days and I became used to the paranoia knowing that that the itching wouldn't last.  I believe that after 8 months I did catch it, as my friend and I never hugged, and I only sat on a chair that she covered with a clean cloth each time I came over, I believe I may have caught it from her cat.  I know that human scabies don't live on cats, but there is no reason why the cat, like a piece of furniture, would not have some scabies on it that had come off the human host and not died yet, its the only logical explanation.)  
It's sounds like you all have a parasite. The reason I say this is I have Lyme disease. This feeling or symtom is associated with Lyme disease. I'm not saying you do have Lyme or you don't. But I am saying it sounds to me like a type of parasite. I'd seriously consider continuing your search in the natural health direction. Medical science doesn't know or recognize everything. Help yourselves. Trying something different is better than going crazy. Just my opinion.
I use apple cider vinegar of straight 91% ALCOHOL on a paper towel directly where it itches and can usually removes the mite. Its either black or yellow. Somestimes I can't rest until I stop the offendor right there and then. The other thing I do is take Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime.
i felt one just right now. took a swipe at it and it felt like a flake or some kind of lint. i felt it for one second and then where did it go. i feel like i am tripping.
the life cycle of these things must be short. i felt the egg hatch from the one i swiped off.  I only feel them in my bed and at my neighbors house. one just went in my ear, i got him though.  I just came from my neighbors, one got in my pants and i think one is in my shoe.  I wish they where the fleas from our dogs, but its not. i am the only one that feels them and i am so glad i found this place.  I was going to start going the way of mental help.

But NOW i think nerve damage and heavy metal poisoning.  I also have RLS.

I am  a massage therapist and know RLS is nerve damage and underused muscles.  I worked with depleted uranium and harsh chemicals in the navy.  And recently,since i have felt it the strongest, have started working with pesticides in my job.  

Having sensitive skin, you can feel anything that is abnormal to your touch.
Lint, Fuzz, speck of dirt, your sweaty hair.  Being in a still position you can focus on every part of your body.  Every chemical compound, every piece of dust, every harmless substance is setting of alerts to your brain.  Why didn't you learn to control this when you where younger?  What brought the sudden change in your life that made you become so affected?  Your mind has other things to worry about then what these little signals mean.  So whats the simplest answer your brain can give you?  What would you think was on you?  Something you want to get rid of right?

SO your brain tells you bugs are crawling on you.  I can't but help to believe my brain.  Crazy I tell you...Crazy.

I am still going crazy cause i still think its my mind.
Hi, I've been having this same problem for about 4 years now.  It's so discouraging when either no one believes u, thinks you're making it up or just thinks you're just plain crazy.   I've been told it's my nerves, my imagination and that i need a psych evaluation.  I just have up trying to get help, but now i have a two year old who has the same problems.  I've watched him over the past few months and i see him scratch suddenly, body parts jumping as he drifts of to sleep, digging in his ears and other symptoms.  How can i continue to stay quiet?  Am i suppose to just watch my baby suffer?  Nobody is acting like this is a real problem here in the great United States.  The big people know that this is happening to so many Americans, but they wont deal with it.  I believe they know what and why. We just have to find away to help and support each other cause i don't think any one's going to help us.  I hope I'm wrong cause i don't want my baby to suffer.  I want answers.
I've had the same experiences as everyone on this forum. I call it my Invisible mite episode of 2010! From May 2010 to late October 2010 I was going through the same thing and the cost of trying to find out what it was was becoming astronomical. My husband felt nothing, just me. When the weather cooled it seemed to be less active. I started taking B complex 100, Calcium/Magnesium tablets, D-3 and folic acid and garlic oil tablets. I also found that if the vitamins were mixed with fillers they didn't work.I've been able to stop the symptoms unless I forget to take them for a couple of days. It seems to me that my gut isn't absorbing vitamins and minerals like it used to, I have to take the above on a daily basis to keep the parethesia away. Is it caused by plastics, I used to heat food in the microwave in plastics, have since stopped but I don't know what could have caused this.I wish I could have a hair sample tested for vitamin deficiencies but I've run out of money. I hope this will help some of you and pray the others find the answers.
I have had this issue for a couple of years now, and I tried everything! I finally found a spray at Home Depot called "Goodnight" It kills lice, fleas and bedbugs. After treating my house, bed, car etc with this spray the itching and biting has stopped. I notice after a few  weeks it starts up again, in which I just spray again. I don't know what I am spraying for, but I KNOW that it takes care of whatever is crawling on me. It costs about $6.00 and one can will take care of everything. I was beginning to think I was crazy, because noone else in my house felt it and my skin was always crawling. THIS WORKS! Spray your pillows, bed, car, rugs, furniture everything! If you have a basement, spray that too. This mystery mite can be beat! Good luck everyone!
i dont know wat else to do im 24 yrs old very clean, and no one knows about the itching bug feeling symptoms i have, i told my doctor he said i had scabbies i treated myself twice and it didnt go away, then the doctor tells me im having my showers to hot and need to reduce the hot water. After doing this it still wont go away,,, im very devastated about the medical system how a number of us have this problem and not 1 doctor can diagnose this...they do yrs of study for us to live in pain........
hey have you found some kind of cure yet? im having the exact same feelings and just recently started finding boils around my legs/posterior areas. im only 17 and holy **** is it driving me crazy. ive looking up botflys and body bugs but thats only made things worse...
I am going crazy trying to find someone who has any or all of these symptoms; dry yet oily skin, random bumps that vary in size, color and feel... Some are the size of pencil tip and bright red, others a little bigger and a different shade of red, spots that resemble bites and hurt, most itch, none are poppable and they all last forever... When I brush my hair my pores harden and it's like the bristles are scraping my scalp. I discovered when tweezing my eyebrows that their is some kind of magnetic sensation going on.. Like the hairs will sway away from the tweezers and the follicles will enlarge and become under intense pressure sometimes popping... It us very painful.  I am losing hair, i have no elasticity in my skin, my glands are constantly swollen, I have discovered hard, painful bumps on back of head, by ear/temple, I have migraines, strands of my hair have a totally different texture, I feel like my skin is crawling & I feel random sharp pricks or bites, my hands and feet are swollen at times. My dogs have a few of these symptoms too. This is going to sound strange, but lightbulbs have been flickering when I'm around, some going out... My cell phone has freaked out a few times while I was holding it... I feel like I have a lot of static electricity  built up inside of me or something... My vision is blurred at times... I mean... This is a lot of stuff for one person to experience at one time. I don't have insurance to get blood tests, skin tests... I went to a clinic and the Dr quickly wrote it off as eczema, gave me an antibiotic which didn't do a thing... This is all only getting worse... Please, if anyone is experiencing or knows someone experiencing these things that may have an answer or resources to give I would be so very thankful.
I have experienced EXACTLY as you describe and have done for YEARS n years. one second its inside my ear... then my finger... toe... leg... inside my mouth... up my nose a LOT...  all is incredibly itchy and my hands are desperately scratching here there here there constantly... mainly un bed. if I'm frustrated also... it happens more. been to doctors. reckon i had dermatitis n recommended salvoline moisturiser. no point... coz its not. dry skin up my nose and in my eyes n mouth..? I have no dry skin or visible ANYTHING. it feels like ALL the hair on my body is moving like insects crawling all over it. it comes n goes but re recently gotten SO much worse. feels like ants. nothing is there. now I MAY have bed bugs or something also in new house i don't know... but I've experienced this a long time. I noticed someone mentioned their head. mine gets itchy a lot... no dandruff... but I do sometimes find a bump on it. nowhere else I can tell. I feel it is kundalini if nothing else..?  I do have anxiety n suffer stress too. but WHAT is it. its SO frustrating I can't sleep and I get so angry and I often just cry :/
oh... it can often be on and... inside... genital areas..... and deep inside my ears. it DOES feel like something is.... inside.... my skin.
this is from another poster, please check it out, it is a CURE for what everyone has been describing on this thread:

http://stopskinmites.com/
my family think i going insane, paranoia,need to go and have a rest in a you know what hospital,( yes to get away from them for a bit.), i feel so sick right now, there on my arms my nose my eyebrows to lashes, ive been scratching my scalp till it bleeds,my ears,cheeks,oh yuk,ive just put my bandana on tight to keep them,neck all over my face neck back,right now,to keep them away for a short while,yes not long, i twist my hair  to do a bun,  its like you hear them squeel,head itchy,they pop then dust just (blue like)appears,heavily,hot head to follow with the wet feel and the smell,oh yuk yuk yuk,    anyone else  get the smell? i cant bear this much longer, think i found what nobody else has mentioned, what this could be? Dermodex mites,a canadian doctor has linked this with some of her patients and is now doing a survey herself,she would like anyone who thinks this could be  the ONE, to do a diary of events,use what she mentions  and see the results. PROBLEM, not good on computer,cant mind what i typed in to get her information and dont know how to replace my steps, on this thing, i hope we can find this because every little detail she mentioned is exactly what is happening to me, constantly just now, pls pls pls let me know as soon as you find her ANYONE ta good luck.......x
i am going crazy as i am not able to sleep cause of the crawling sensation. people say that its just a feeling but only i know that what i am going through without sleep.
i have all the same symptoms you have described. i sometimes get little white bumps that i squeeze sometimes to get rid of. Puss usuaully excretes from them which relieves the itching but often brings a little pain. its been occuring for about two months now and I am getting very annoyed because i have constant itching all day. the itching usually worsens at night and its very hard to sleep. It feels like there are bugs crawling on me and biting me in random spots on my body. Recently a couple of my relatives came over and experienced trhe same symptoms. Little red scab-like spots usually appear and sometimes i bleed due to all of my insane scratching
Sounds like a sleeping disorder...you would have to go to the doctor and try whatever works best for you. Look until you find something satisfying.
I saw this post when I was here posting my own question.  And I immediately thought of Morgellons.  But reading through these posts, I also thought of something else...  Matress manufacturers are required by law to put flame retardent chemials in all mattresses to retard fire.  These chemicals are dangerous, and toxic, and can cause itching, aso.  They build up in household dust.  Maybe this could be another cause of your night time itching.
"Skin crawlies" are a common symptom of people who have some kind of nerve damage however.. I went through this and drove myself crazy (thought I had fleas / mites ) and my Dr suggested a shrink, and by accident I realized one day that when I took my allergy med for t wo days.. no more symptoms! ( i get sinus headaches from fast weather changes) Long story short.. try an allergy med for itch symptoms for 3 -4 days.. if it goes away,  you have to figure out what you are allergic to. In my case, it was a house I moved to that had white mold dust in the basement, & forced air heat. Once its in your furniture it will be there forever. I moved and sold my furniture.. but now pest control companies COOK apartments and houses, and I think this MAY be a remedy for mold allergens. For what ever reason, if allergy meds work.. you have to figure out the CAUSE.
*genuine good luck*
Susan
I have something like this.  It "bites" at night, whether in bed, or at Wal Mart.  I think it travels down long sleeves and mainly stays on my arms, although, I recently took a bath instead of shower and it seems to have spread.  One temporary thing that seems to help is make a paste out of apple cider vinegar and corn starch powder and just rub it on your arms.  Let it dry, and keep adding on top of it.  Also, A & D ointment has helped, but only momentarily.  Mine is so disturbing that even a moment's peace is worth it.  They could be ticks, scabies, mites, who knows, but they are driving me nuts.
My family has been going throw this too, we have cried and freaked out a lot. What we are finding to help putting alcohol in a spray bottle and spray everything in your house down in the morning and then again at night. Also vacuum every day. I have also read that spray windox on everything twice a day gets rid of them and washing your floors with listorine mouth wash. You can even put it on yourself or squirt yourself. Also bag your clothes towels and anything you wear and wash it right away. I would also wash your bedding every day. I put plastic on my mattress and squirt my bed with alcohol and windex. It sounds like a lot of work but you  just make it part of your routine. The article I read the family actually got rid of it after a couple of months of doing this routine
Omg, i am the same!!! Can't sleep just feel like there are bugs all over my legs, but my legs keep being in pain aswell and i get a bit sickly in the stomach.. Like get into bed tired as then scrath slap whatever goes away for like a second then in another spot then pain just makes me want to vomittt!!!! I can't even sleep at night now it's only started 3 weeks ago i always have to wear socks to bed aswelll!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I've tried few things and walking slows down the crawling. It creeps like bugs and snakes under the skin..

"IT" goes through eyes, ears, head, nose and every hole... nothing seem to be able to stop it. But I will figure this out.

I'll try"frankincense and mehrr smoke treatment. It's not bed bugs and you are not crazy. Some one told me to research "legion" spirits, John gougen-omega man.
I have the same things happening to me.  3 years and lots of trying everything under the sun "possible solutions" but no relief yet.  I'm pretty sure that I've picked up some bug, mite or flea that has since infested my house(especially furniture, linens and clothing).  I have had a couple of exterminators to the house, but they all say, if you can't produce a "bug" - we can't spray for it.  In the sunlight, it looks as though there is alot of "dust" flying around, but this dust moves around on my skin,  in my hair, clothes and is just annoying beyond belief.  I think it's more common than anyone knows, some people seem affected by them and others don't.  If anyone has been able to "produce, or catch" any of these and knows a solution, I would certainly love to hear about it.  I have spent a ton of money on DIY remedies, and taking out all the carpeting in our house and replacing with wood floors.  It really affects my self-esteem and confidence as I work with people and they feel them and itch when I'm near them. I am a clean person, daily showers and wash my hair everyday, our home and clothes are clean.  I just want my life back.  
I can sympathize with you, I've had this "bug" for 3 years, and it does drive you crazy. I'll keep looking for the cure, but its not easy.  I'm so tired of trying new things, and it's expensive!  If it helps you sleep, try 25 mg of benadryl at night.  It's over the counter and does help me.  I've tried every spray and powder in the store thinking it was some flea or mite.  Vacuuming helps, I bought a rainbow vacuum that uses water as the filter. I use tea tree oil everyday and it seems to help stop the itching. Let me know if you find something that works for you!
I tried the borax and diatemacious earth in the carpets, didn't really do anything but make a huge mess to clean up!  Can you see them in the sunlight?  Kind of looks like dust floating.. but settles to the floor when not disturbed.  
Right here with you !   I've been having this same problem for 3 years.  Really affects me all the time, but especially when I try to sleep.  And yes, I can hear them popping in my ears when I lay down, feel them landing on my cheeks, moving in my hair and eyelashes.  I'm really frustrated by all this and need to find the culprit and the cure, soon!!  If you find out how to get rid of them, please write!
I have the same exact thing described in the first posting on this list. I have Lyme disease and this is a very common symptom.  Conventional tests for Lyme will come up "negative" (they are not accurate). You need a test from IGenex labs in California. It's the only one that is accurate at the time of this posting. Be careful about having "Lyme" on your medical record. You might get dropped from insurance. If you can find a Lyme specialist to test you, you will be better off. They will know how to help without compromising your insurance (be sure to discuss this before having the test). There are some good herbal protocols for Lyme disease. Antibiotics do not work long term for most people unless you catch Lyme immediately after infection. To find out more you can read the book Healing Lyme. It's available on Amazon. Good luck!
Has the apple cider vinegar helped? Are you using the Braggs organic type? Has anyone tried the pill- form of Apple Cider Vinegar?
I had the problem at the last apartment i lived in. I moved and didn't bring the bed with me. Where i'm currently staying I was using an air mattress and I didn't have any problems. No biting or crawling feeling or anything. Then the air mattress sprang a leak so i finally got a new bed came straight out of the plastic and everything. I a friend gave me a mattress pad. And i used a sheet that i had had previously and I about jumped off the bed the feeling returned with serious fervor. I'm not entirely sure whats causing it. But i'm going to buy brand new sheets and pillows, switch my detergent, washing all my clothes using less detergent (in case i'm allergic), and see what happens. The funny thing is The people who now have the beds i use to have haven't had any problems at all. I'll keep you posted.
These are all symptoms of psoriasis. I have this skin condition. It makes nasty lesions on your scalp, and makes you itch like hell at night. I got the itchy ankles, scalp, buttcrack, gooch (the spot between the anus and penis, for lack of a better term) Unfortuneately, there is no cure. It is a genetic disease. What HAS worked for me is a bed of nails. You can buy them on amazon. I have a Himalaya mat, there are several different brands.simply lie on your back on the bed of nails and it will do wonders. It will hurt the first couple times you use it. That is because your skin is unhealthy. Also apply the bed of nails anywhere you have an icthing sensation or scales.(that's what they call those lesions) I roll up a tshirt and put it under the bed if nails in order to reach my gooch. I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only thing that has worked. The steroid cream the doctor will give you for psoriasis will likely just make the condition come back worse. Yoga has also helped me wonders. I never was one for hollistic medicine until i got rid of my psoriasis with it. Give yoga and the bed of nails a try! Also try taking vitamin d and e supplements. Hang out in the sun for at least 15 minutes a day. Psoriasis is  your body retaliating against some sort of injustice you have done to it. Try getting rid of food you could be allergic to. That and Mary Jane were the biggest reasons my body was retaliating.
PS mites are ALWAYS going to be in your bed. It's impossible to kill them all. How you and your body react to them is up to your mind. I was going crazy and getting angry at the itchyness. Eventually with the help of yoga I was able to tell myself to relax! Your body is attacked by microscopic critters all the time. Keep your body and mind healthy and they won't phase you. Get some nice "beachcomber" sandals too. They hurt like he'll the first week of wearing them, then they feel great on your feet! I have suffered from psoriasis since I was a very young child. Only when the condition forced me into a terrible sleep scedule with all the itching did I finally get diagnosed. Get sone good cardio workouts into your daily routine too. I do the rowing machine for 10 minutes a day and that has helped with not only my psoriasis, but my anxiety and general wellbeing. If you take all my advise, I guarantee you not only great sleep with no bugs, but greatly increased wellbeing!
be not decieved. when an invisible thing attack a visible creature there is notining a visible can do to it because a visible ( man ) can only see the visible not the invisible no matter the highest or biggest microscope that is used. i understand what you are going through but i can only advice you to be courageous and take the problem to the invisible creator who made both visible and invisible organisns/ parasites/bugs. please dont go to evil run to GOD Almighty and that is where the solution is. if you feel you want to share your problem with us. send to " eagleswings ministry" and we will try as much we can to help you.remai bless
I know it has been a while since your post but I will offer my situation.  I like one of the last articles posted... not that religious freak, the one that talks about there always being mites in our daily lives.  I think what has changed in my case is my body's reaction to the mites... that have always been there, in low number or high number.  Some people feel what I feel, others have come to my home, sit where I sat and feel nothing.  SOMETHING has probably always been there... probably, but we are reacting to it in a negative way.
For those of you still suffering with the feeling of insects crawling on the skin - my 31 year old son has this - have a look at this Wikipedia link and see if there is something there to help you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication
Been a couple weeks since I stopped by this forum, thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I went on a yeast free diet- hard to stick to since I love chocolate, fruits,breads, coffee and sugar!  My doctor prescribed 7 days of an oral antifungal medication, which helped while I was taking it, but symptoms returned a day after I stopped the medication. I have been adding vinegar along with our regular detergent and it is helping. I'm taking Garlic (4)-600mg tablets 3 x day and it really knocks out the itchy, crawly sensations. I started using Sulfur 8 shampoo (K-mart is the only place I've found it) on my hair and with a bath scrunchee on my arms and legs.  An antifungal spray to my lower legs and forearms has really cut back the amount of rough patches and red bumps....hope everyone is doing better.
I forgot I had posted this until now, sorry for stopping the replies!

I never found out the actual cause of any of this... It seemed to just kind of go away, and with sleeping meds I can fall asleep without noticing anything.

My best guess as to what it could be, which I am not even sure is a real thing or not, is an extreme sensitivity to dust mites, or any type of other mite that could be floating about in ones house. I say that because I have since moved to a new house, and there was one room in this house that I would get that same sensation as I was posting about originially. I say was, because I have since ripped out the carpet, washed the hardwood floors underneath it, scrubbed the base board heating units and haven't noticed that sensation in that room since... My GF never felt that sensation in that room at all, only I did. There were no fleas or bugs of any kind (visible anyways)
I have this. Its been a living nightmare for me. I'm currently at the thyroid investigation stage (although Ive had the tests before and they were negative. Some of the products you mention arent available in the UK. If there's anyone who can advise me, im all ears.
Hey, I completely understand what you are going through. I am going through the same thing. I have been thinking its invisible bugs that my minds tricks me and sees. I get crawling sensations all over my body right when I lay down, whether it be on the couch or in my bed, I get these tingling sensations. If this is what you're experiencing, its not RLS. I have had RLS before when coming off of narcotics from a sports related injury.  RLS is some serious shi*, excuse my french. I literally got like 10 hours of sleep total in 1 week. It was crazy insane. Its like you're legs get this awful tingling feeling like you have to keep moving them. Its very different from my crawling skin sensation you're experiencing.  I feel your pain man. You're not going through this alone. My e-mail if ***@****
Sulfer cream, which has to be ordered on the internet, or by prescription, will heal this condition. I am not anxious or stressed and had the crawling sensation. I went to 4 doctors and not one of them would even consider giving me a perscription for sulfer cream. I couldn't understand why, because it is non-toxic and safe. Also, the doctors said I didn't have bugs crawling on me, so, to them, I'm a liar or crazy. But the doctors did give me scabie cream or Ivermectin. I didn't understand that either. I did not use the steriod cream they gave me. I think the cream would have made my condition worse.
Why don't doctors know about scabies, either dog or people scabies? I could see them, small black dots, on my face. The nurse at the emergency room told me her friend got scabies from her dog. When I asked, "So the doctor has to believe me now?" She answered, "If they don't, give them a hug and ask them if they want some pepper."
Look at stopskinmites.com   Megan Wells has developed a protocol to rid yourself of this menace...Honestly, if I get through this (with my marriage intact) I will consider myself one lucky lady.  I wish you the best. I know exactly what you are going through.  There's a book called "When bad things happen to good people".... I can only say, I don't think I've ever been so bad to deserve this hell.  
THERE  ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENT PRODUCTS THAT SAY BIFEN. WHAT DOES THE LABEL SAY ON THE ONE YOU USE. I HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING I HEAR ABOUT BUT NOTHING REALLY WORKS. WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.
THANKS.
I had this exact sensation for years while I was growing up.  I am not sure when it went away.

Just this past week it came back.  Luckily, I am a health nut and I keep track of everything.  I eat only organic - fruits, veggies, cheese, meat.  I do eat flour or sugar.  I don't smoke, drink alcohol or coffee, or take any drugs, pills, not even a vitamin.

The only differences in my life for the past 2 weeks are:

1. I got a cat
2. I started eating *canned* tomato (always used fresh before)
3. I started eating a lot of dried beans

In the past, I have had bed bugs.  I know for sure this is not bed bugs.  

I had eczema for 20 years .. really bad case.  I cured it by following the protocol laid out at solveeczema.org.  She explains in detail about skin permeability and how detergents cause most skin and lung problems.

In the past I reacted to milk with these same symptoms - the feeling that something was randomly biting me.  I could tell if there was a bit of milk in something because I would immediately get this sensation.  I cured my milk problems following the specific carbohydrate diet for a year and loading up on probiotic yogurt you make on that diet.

My bet is this is something we are all ingesting.

I have ephedra tea, which I drink for sinus problems, colds, flu, etc.  It is a potent antihistamine.  When I drink a cup of that, all my symptoms disappear.
Hi there, this is very intersting[thank you by the way for listening] I have two sores on my lower leg for a year now, i have showed it to my DR. he had said to use medication for a wart,well I keep doing that but it is still there, It feels like a bug in there that is crawling around,I also have thyrid problems, depressed, nausa,ect..If we can talk  or email about this.I need an answer.my email is ***@**** I HOPE to here from you soon.
It could be your environment. Stay away from an office if you noticed you have been to a new office or house or apartment and its affecting your sinus and all over your body it could be an allergic reaction to pet dander in carpet or even ac unit or something with the old building. Get the heck out asap. especially if you feel mildly better after being away from room or office for  a week. That's what happened to me and now I feel much better.
OMG I can't believe there are so many people with the same thing going on. I don't even know how long this has been going on in me. But it's so annoying. Sometimes I'm at my desk (and I've had several throughout the years) and it feels like a big bite is being taken out of my skin! I just and scratch, check it out and "Nothing!"  Sometimes I feel like just ripping my clothes off and standing in the shower all day. I don't know what causes it. I've changed soaps, I have always used lotion after showers and sometimes Skin So Soft. I moisture all day everyday. And still I have this itching sensation.

Guess it's just something we have to learn to live with. I have and I'm in my 50's now.

Good luck all.
I have the same thing, it makes me want to kill myself.  I have small dots the size of the pore all over my face and I try to put Diotamacious earth all over me before bed which seems to help, but it's such a nuisance to do this everynight, and if I don't do it I get the crawling and bites .  They live in the carpets and they jump on my feet as soon as I get home.  They start crawling and biting my legs and then my back and face.  But there's nothing there!  I have had this for over 2 years and no doctors or dermatologists know what it is.  I've tried windex, and elemite, and vinegar.  People at the office where I work started to get the bumps on there temple area too and they complain of fleas in their car, but there is nothing there.  I feel so guilty because I see my room-mates baby has the bites too, and their doctor's telling them he doesn't know what it is, but he said just wait and it will go away.  Anyone I've told about my experience thinks I'm wacky, especially because these mites only seem to effect certain people, not everyone is susceptible to them in the household, only certain people. why? I have no idea, but this is driving me mad some days.  Thanks for listening.  Hawaii
I think that's what I have. I'm 12 years old and wherever I go, I feel like something is crawling on me. And when I look to see, it's nothing there. I also think that bedbugs may be following me.everytime i try to sleep I hope that the bugs will **** off. But when I'm just starting to fall asleep, something crawls on me. I smack in the spot but nothing is there . After maybe 10 seconds. I feel something else crawl on me. I'm fed up with these little ******* unless it's just me. I'm deign to find out what it is. I'm scared to even. Touch my bed.
I once lived in the US but moved to my home country Uganda, But i am experiencing the same problem. My name is Edward, email ***@****, ***@****. I once thought it is a spiritual problem, but its becoming clear that this is not. I shower hot water every morning, but i reach office the effects are back. The itching and moving effect is felt al over the body, it reduces for some time and then returns. Usually worse while in bed.
More research is needed.
I have the same symptoms and unfortunately, not many doctors care enough to help, and just subscribe creams and itch meds.  I purchased a dehumidifier, using it in my bedroom for sleeping and it has brought me great relief.  I vacuum and dust every other day, but use a bagged vacuum and throw it out every day.  I soak my clothes and linen in one cup of ammonia per load for 20 to 30 minutes, then let machine wash and rinse using nothing else and keep in dusted and cleansed drawers and closets.  Vacuum closets as well.  I use a concentrated Dermasil cream all over by body after showers.  Try to limit dusting to short periods, eat a health diet, preferably vegan , and drink lots of water.  Also, it is best to wear cotton or flannels for example, and not clothing that cause you more itching than others.  All this has brought me great relief and lots of praying.  Until we find a doctor who cares to find out what our problem is, in the mean time this will help. I'm planning to purchase another dehumidifier  for the bathroom.  Praying for you.
i have been having crawling sensatuion like somethings in my eyear or mouth when i shower i really scared like it travels i scarimeed all the t
I had the itchy, crawly sensations, just at night when I was trying to sleep, for 10 years. It drove me insane. I used to have to get up in the night and shower whatever it was off my skin and then I would be OK, (but only for an hour or so)...
I finally figured out that I was allergic to garlic and onions. I have eliminated them from my diet and I am fine now!!!  What a relief!!!
Best wishes!
Have you considered getting tested for Lyme disease?  I experienced similar symptoms and went to several doctors, including a dermatologist, and neurologist.  I tested negative for lyme twice but kept reading about it and learned that lyme testing is inconsistent.   I then went to a lyme literate doctor who used a specialized lyme test.  I’m now taking antibiotics.  There’s a lot we don’t know about tick-borne diseases. I would recommend reading about lyme.  You can reach out to a local lyme organization for information and recommendations for lyme literate doctors.  I found a great article with an extensive list of symptoms on the Lyme Disease Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s website. Good luck and God bless you all.  
http://www.squidoo.com/invisible-bugs  
I just found this site I am going to try this because I have tried a lot of things and spent a lot of money and nothing seems to work. borax and peroxide baths help. Washing clothes in borax helps and fossil shell dust seems to help. listerine does get them off you. germex helps stop crawling feeling but dont get rid of them also lice treatmen put on body before bed helps some. I have also found if I take a shower and use my nioxin creamrinse leave it on as long as I can tolerate becouse it can be uncomfortable then rinse then put listerine on as long as can tolerate then rinse off my body it seems like I will go a whole day without feeling crawly. I  really think it kills them but I am getting reinfested within a couple of days. hmmm going to try this windex stuff and see if I can get rid of them. Oh by the way it is not in your head my husband has it my special needs son has it and myself. It came in on a dog that we rescued. The dog is no longer hear but the bugs he left still is. I hope this helps some. I hope this works for me also
It is most likely an infected tooth. Go see your dentist.
Could you post the link to the yahoo question where you found that information? Thanks.
Hi GG523 I have had almost everything you mentioned and tried a lot of things too. In my car, putting some menthol crystals worked to keep them from away from there. With burning menthol crystals everyday in the bedroom and washing everything, steaming, vacuuming and spraying Kleen Free also helped a lot. I still think that what he have is some type of mites, the problem is they are microscopic and that's why hard to identify them. To keep them from my private areas I used Zepol there and they stopped from bothering there. Then they moved to my head, where I feel them the most. Right now I moved and today I felt some crawling and itching. I believe some of my clothes still has mites. Some mites live without food for months. I also think they choose someone as a host and they don't bother the other family members for the same reason. It could be that we have something in our system they prefer, unfortunately.
hello, i also suffer from something like this but i feel mine in my eye's..eye brows ..head ..leg's ect an trust me it make's me hate my self i dont feel normal im always sad or idk im just not my self i HATE it...what is this? an why is it happing .
Viewing 1-200 comments: