Invisible Bugs crawling on skin? Strange sensation...
I posted this info before, but it was a reply to someone else's similar post...

I am a 23 year old healthy male. I recently had a full physical and the results were that I am in above average health. I have no diseases, do not use drugs, but drink on occasion.

Anyways, just started noticing these strange symptoms, within the past few weeks. Nothing "brought it on" so to speak that I can tell of. It's been going on longer, but less noticeable, now since I do not talk sleeping meds any more, it's all that I can notice...

Symptoms are strange sensations on my skin. The sensation is it feels like there are "invisible bugs" crawling on, and/or biting my skin. No actual bites, rashes, bugs, sores, or anything of the nature is ever visible. Occurs more at night, while laying down than any other time. The sensation occurs throughout my entire body, no area is exempt from this sensation, and it seems to be completely random, at times I'll feel it on my arm, then my face, then leg, then arm again, etc, no pattern. The sensation "goes away" once I touch the area (either itch it, brush at it as if there WAS a bug I am brushing off, slap it, or touch it in any way...)

I've heard that various forms of dry skin, or minor allergic reactions to soaps could produce such a problem... I have not changed body soaps, shampoos, or laundry detergent types in quite a while (well before such symptoms) I do not have dry skin, or any type of rash.

Ruled out dry skin

I've read about "Morgellons" (years ago, before it was a mainstream idea) and don't think that is what I have... I have no lesions, sores, boils, wounds, or anything of the sort, and no fibers protruding from anything.

Ruling out Morgellons.

I had read about the possibility of it being bed bugs (from reading sites like this online) so I tore my bedroom apart looking for signs of an infestation, and saw NOTHING. My mattress is brand new, the apartment I live in is also pretty close to brand new. Never the less, not a thing was found, searched mattress, box spring, walls near bed, everything.

Ruled out bed bugs.

The only other thing I've seen it could be is Restless Leg Syndrome. NOT sure about that, but I did hear that that sensation in the legs is a symptom of that, and that in some cases, the skin crawling sensation can occur all over the body, not just the legs, and still be considered RLS.

Undecided about RLS possibility.

The only other things I have going on that MAY be related, is an upper back pain/numbness... unknown cause. Been going on for years though. No diagnosis.

So basically I'm out of ideas, and about to go insane. It's terrible at night not being able to sleep because of that feeling, and not being able to sleep with my girlfriend because I keep her awake with my constant moving around and itching...
If its not scabies you have what's called folliculitis .. I thought I had invisible bugs too but it's just infected hair follicles !!! See your dermatologist ASAP I'm 100% sure
I have the same exact problems listed and Here is what ive come up with, I initially had a flea problem so I bombed. Still had the problem getting bit, so I sprayed. well, I kept spraying and spraying stuff because of the invisible things  bitting me. Tonight , after I sprayed the Entire house furniture and all, THEN flea bombed afterwards, still felt the little critters biting me, Well Ive had enough, so i just sprayed myself with my dogs flea and tick spray to kill and repell the little suckers. And lo and behold, it got worse. SO, since I know the spray didnt ATTRACT them, my conclusion is that the chemicals are causing the problems. SOLUTION, stop spraying and bombing your houses. I am, and we'll see how it goes. I'll post my progress in a week or so, depending on how long it takes to get the chemicals ive absorbed out of my body. I feel pretty bad for my dog, since ive used that flea spray on her for years.
YEEEEESSSS!!!! :D  I'VE FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!
I've had the exact same symptoms as everyone else for weeks now. During the "heavy" stage of this ordeal, I didn't sleep for 34 days, and just sat in a deck chair all night every night (as being upright seems to help to an extent). I felt constantly exhausted, frustrated, and at one stage (after about 3 1/2 weeks of NO sleep) began hallucinating slightly.  I even considered throwing everything out and moving far away to desperately sort this problem out.
I sprayed everything in the house with anti-bedbug spray, anti-mite spray, anti-spider spray and also the most powerful disinfectant (which hospitals use). I also froze all my pillows, washed every item of clothing in the house. I also went to the doctor, but instead I was diagnosed with Eczema (??).

After trying everything suggested online, I came across a germ-killing UVC lamp. It's like a wand/torch you run over your bed / carpet etc. and apparently kills 99% of bacteria, bedbugs, mites, and other stuff. They're not too cheap, but on ebay there were some for £80 (like $120ish) and some better looking ones for around £150-£200 on other sites. There are also some meters to check how many alive cells in one area before/after the lamp treatment.
Whatever these things are die within 30 minutes, and there are also vacuum cleaners with built in UVC.
I hope this helps. I couldn't find ANY specific info on this whole situation online, after hours and hours, but I assume it was Dustmites. Hopefully some people on here will get a good night's sleep soon!
I just wanted to comment: Many of you may be suffering from what is called "wheat bug"...it is the most annoying condition to deal with and your doctor will call you crazy until he believes you. Schizophrenics and drug addicts often complain of bugs under the skin but there is no evidence of a "bug"...However, the wheat bug is real and will drive you absolutely crazy. Lindane lotion will kill the bug, but use it wisely bc it can cause neurological damage if overused/abused.

I had  this problem until i purchase a bottle of JT Eaton spray it kills everything from mites brown dog fleas ticks bedbugs i am so happy now i slept really for the first time in a while. no itching no pricking no checking my bed or looking around to see if something is on me i even slept with my light off. I am icth free. I thought i was about to lose it. I sprayed this product everywhere in my house and boy was i amazed when i return home after two hours. go purchase this product i hope it works for you all.
Sudden hormonal changes
Syphilis
Osteoarthritis
auto-immune diseases
Hello Everyone.
Please take the idea of killing yourself out of your head. I understand thats tough. I had the same feelings too and getting bitten and crawled over by these bugs for more than a year. Just couldn't sleep at all. i tried everything... windex, borax, all kinds of sprays, washed my clothes,sheets all the time..they were still there.
i recently had some work done on my toilet and there was a gap between the bottom of the commode and the floor. i read on another website that they are coming from there. i plastered it up but after a few days i again felt the same feeling. i thought there were small gaps there and kept plastering it up to fill any gaps that might be there as i thought these guys are really tiny and can get in easily.
Finally, i found this website. Thank god and special thanks to invisiblebugguy and mango284. I was allergic to GARLIC. these guys post said they were allergic to wine and garlic respectively. I dont drink wine, but i did use garlic while cooking. i have COMPLETELY ELIMINATED it from my diet and i can say they are atleast 90% gone. i still feel them sometimes but i've been off garlic only for 2-3 days. I hope in the coming days it gets completely out of my system.
I can finally sleep now. i still cant explain the bite marks though.
Please everyone find what  it is that you are allergic to and eliminate it from your diet and take care. God bless invisiblebugguy and especially mango284 for their service to humanity and for the internet as without this information i dont know what would my life like.
Take care everyone.
Google "Morgellon's" syndrome.   Then go see a dermatologist for am accurate diagnosis.
Hi. My itchy feeling is part of RLS and I have that because of fybro myalgia. I have found two things that help. One is sleeping tablets, with a hayfever tablet b4 bed, if u can sleep soundly for a day or three the symptoms go away. For fybro sufferers; look into chelated molybdenum, I've found fibro can be caused by an overload of preservatives in the body, which leads to a copper imbalance (too much copper), the molybdenum counteracts this and sets things right; which then can also stop the RLS.
It is indeed an insect and I can prove it really easy. The next time you experience this sensation, take your hand and slide it over the area, and close your hand tightly & quickly.  If you feel something wiggling in your hand trying to get out... you know it is a bug! I did this to myself after experiencing the same symptoms. Everytime I felt something in my hand! There is this entry on a forum a lot like this that explains how allover America there is a "biting, flying, invisiable parasite" that has yet to be identified. You are covered w/these things. At night turn off all the lights and slap arms or legs when you feel them and you will see a light like a lightbug! Try it and tell me what happens!
This is happening to me right now, Its been going on for awhile but I never thought anything of it, just thought my dog had fleas so I was being paranoid. It seems like on the nights I need to sleep the most, I can't sleep at all because of it! I feel like little bugs are tingling all across my body at different times, on my knee, leg, neck, even my face and arms too! I don't know what to do about it. I didn't think anyone else felt it either. I'm wondering if it's RLS because I notice I am always moving my leg, I don't even realize it some times. HELP! :(
Hey yall I know this is an old post but I have experienced this
About two weeks ago I woke up with a bit or 3 bumps close to each other on my back later that day I had 3 on the top portion of my right breast I also started experencing crawling sensation on my face and sholders but nothing below that area yall I went crazy!I could not sleep or anything and it was wering me out, I did start new vitamins, vitamin E and msm which I stoped taking but the sensation still was there, I also felt things crawling in my scalp so I stoped with the new shampoo I bought still didn't work, I washed everything hell I even washed my face with diluted bleach that's how scared I was I never saw any bugs just the few bumps and the crawling feeling. Well about a few days ago I was examining my bumps and they had a scab on them the ones on my back itched so I began to scarch but it was really only bc the scabs were about to come oFf, but! The one on my right top area of my breast I began to rub it with alcohol and the scab came off but along with it came out a stinger!!! Ever sence I removed the stinger the crawling sensation has been gone! Please check your bites they may have stingers in them
geneticly modified S.Mansoni or S.Steracoralis or a combo?Maybe world depopulation 2012
Try food grade diatomaceous earth - it has helped me. Available from many suppliers online. Food grade!!! Best of luck. Peace love.
I just got this problem and it is driving me insane! About 5-6 months ago I started feeling a little zaps here and there and then a few weeks ago suddenly I started feeling it everywhere! The Zaps all over my body, crawling sensation, crazy itching. I went to the doctor and he said he sees about 2-3 ppl a day with this problem and he talked to many dermatologists and no one seems to know what this it so he said you will not get an answer no matter where you go!! and he was right no one knows! He said it will just go away at some point!! He gave me allergy medicine which did nothing, gave me cortozone cream which did nothing and gave me an anti depressant, I told him I was not depressed but he seemed to know that I will need it. and I think he is right I am getting so upset that I dont know what to do with myself. The only thing that somewhat help is the OFF but only the one for deep woods bc it treats for chiggers.
I even called termanex and orkin and they told me they cant help me bc they cant see the mite therefore they dont know what it is and how to treat it.
Here is what I think it is noseeums mites or chiggers bc they are both invisible mites.  

Everything you all have is a fungal infection and once you find this out you can thank me!!!   Go to this fb group and it will tell you everything about Candidasis http://www.facebook.com/groups/382341861812382/
I have had this problem for months and months! Crawling, biting, all day, nothing there! I feel like im going crazy, and after reading this, and hearing it may really be bugs, im really freaking out! I can not stand bugs and idk what to do! Please help!!
Sorry for my delayed response, I just saw your post directed at me....

The Bifen you need is in a plastic bottle that is ONLY Bifen (not some name brand pest control product marketed as a bug killer that has bifen or permitherin listed in the ingredients.) It is a concentrated liquid (and thus very toxic), so use with the utmost care. I got it at my county Co-op. If the invisible mites are in your clothes, you might put some of the bifen in a tub of water and soak your clothes, but you MUST wash your clothes afterwards (maybe more than one cycle) to get the Bifen out before you wear them again. As I mentioned, I put it in the carpet cleaner/steamer to get mites out of the carpet. It definitely worked for me when nothing else would. Perithmerin might work as well if you can't find Bifen. Always handle with care and with gloves/protection.
I have been researching these same symptoms for my dad. I have come up with 2 medical diagnosis 1. Morgellans which has been reported since the 1600 but has little info and 2. Collembola a parasite that has been found in a few people with the symptoms.  More people need to log into the sites so that a real treatment can be found
I thought I was crazy! I'm laying here on my iPhone scratching and smacking as I type. It's weird cuz ive been okay for several months and it just started again within the past week or so. Got the bumps on my head. Like pimples. Feels like they crawl on my face eyes and ears mostly. Always when I lay down. Only in my house. I do have this rash like itching prob between my thighs. Thought it was just chafing/rubbing. The prob started long before the rash thing. Prob since nov of 2011. Now it's June 2012 and they are back. My stress level is kinda high. Do have dry skin. Idk though. It's just so annoying. Can't sleep. Better when super cold in my house I've seen. It's the most unpleasant experience ever. I really hope to figure this out. Haven't been to a doc. No insurance. I'm just glad I'm not crazy!
Hi, I think you have Demodex mites. These mites are very hard to kill but TTO seams to do the trick.
It'll take around 3 months to kill all adults and eggs.

Check out this link and good luck.

I'm using tea tree oil and its working really well.

http://www.healio.com/optometry/cornea-external-disease/news/print/primary-care-optometry-news/%7B586C29A0-2BF5-4548-9670-14E88FAE9B98%7D/Demodex-infestation-requires-immediate-aggressive-treatment-by-doctor-patient
Hi, I think you have Demodex mites. These mites are very hard to kill but TTO seams to do the trick. I've had this itching problem for 15 years and finally after a lot of searching found the answer and trying to help other people cos I know how this can play with your head.
It'll take around 3 months to kill all adults and eggs but you'll see results in the first week.
Don't give up and try not to get stressed as the mites get worse when your amune system gets weak.

Check out this link and good luck.

I'm using tea tree oil at the moment and its working really well.

I think you might have caught Demodex mites from your cat.
sea buckthorn berry oil helps with demodex mites... but not for eyes, and stains much like tumeric does...

if you put it on your feet, sometimes you can see them come out, they
are tiny little white things,and they live in the pores.   clay packs can also help draw out and
protect...    castor oil can help with eyelashes, eye brows, nose, scalp, and skin... it can even be
taken internally to help clear the gut ....

but it seems there is more than one kind of bug involved..   other communities, unrelated to this one, have
a large number of people reporting these same symptoms...  from headlice/schools (pediculosis) to morgellons...

be careful using the world morgellon, some doctors see it as a code word for psychiatric, and then you will have a problem getting real treatment...    enzymes can also help, new hope 2, and q base solutions (expensive)...
hygiene becomes paramount...

For over 15 years I've felt crawling on my face, scalp & legs, I've seen a lot of doctors who tell me its in my head. so I decided to do my own research and thanks to a lot of people putting in there experiences I can honestly say that the invisible bug for me is the Demodex mite. Its 0.02mm long and lives in your hair follicles. this mite feeds during the day time and comes out at night to breed and lay eggs.

Women suffer from this more because of their make up, these mites love it and if you don't cleanse properly before you go to bed they will be attracted to you. This mite lives on most people but your immune system deals with most of them so the host feels nothing, but if your immune system is weak due to stress or illness then the mites get out of control and thats when the problems start. I can blab on all day but now i want to share what I've done in the last 3 weeks and hope it can be of help. research has proven that tee tree oil is the only natural way that kills the mites and that the eggs are immune to all pesticides.
this is what i did:
I bought
1) Tea tree oil shampoo
2) Tea tree oil soap
3) 100% Tea tree oil essential oil. (has to be 100%)
4) Carrier oil (i used Olive oil)

And that is all you need. do NOT spray chemicals as this weakens your immune system and does not kill the eggs of this mite, so there is no point.
save your cash, just hoover at least once a week and dust with a wet cloth as much as you can. this mite can't live without a host for more than 3 days.

I started by making sure i wasn't allergic to TTO (tea tree oil) by putting a small amount on my hand and waiting 10 mins to see if there is any reaction.
I then mixed 50% TTO and 50% Olive oil and rubbed it all over my body.I did that for 3 weeks but only ONCE a week. Left it on for 25mins. Made sure not to get it in my eyes or swallow any.
After 25mins I washed it off with the TTO shampoo and soap.
That will kill most of the adults but the eggs will still there.
I keep washing with the shampoo and soap in the morning and before bed for a week, then just in the morning for 2 weeks, but made sure I washed my face with the soap every morning and night.
I threw away my pillow and washed all my bedding and towels in the machineI put 10 drops of 100% TTO in the rinse cycle.
Changed Pillow cover every 2 days and linen twice a week.

I still felt the odd bite here and there but that is the eggs hatching. I am going to carry on with the shampoo and soap for a total of 3 months to make sure all eggs are gone and then just maintain with tea tree oil products just once a week.
I'll update you once the 3 months are done or any changes before.

Tea tree oil really worked for me but if you try this please be careful not to get it in your eyes. if you do rinse with warm water and DO NOT DRINK THIS STUFF it will mess you up.

If you do try this method please reply to this and let us know how you did or if you did something different.

I have had the same problem recently.  I know it is not scabies because I had them before.  They are not bed bugs either because there are no signs of them on my bed.  I get the invisible bug bites on my legs and feet.  What it is is dust mites.  I got some spray for dust mites.  It costs a little over 8 dollars.  It is worth it guys.  I thought I was going crazy.  You spray your bed and carpet and let it dry.  It has since stopped for the most part, but I am going to do it again in a month or two.  Read about dust mites.  I hate them.
Wow this same hing has happened to me since I was a child! I'm fifteen and have had these crawling sensations for 10 years before I go to sleep. It's very aggravating and really messes with my sleep schedule. I might also mention that when I was younger I would often get a high fever at night. Is there anything that can help me? I have noticed these even when i am wearing and touching nothing. I've changed my skin products as well as my wash detergent to a "natural brand" and they appear less. I live an active lifestyle am healthy, and not on any drugs. What do I do?

Check out this site hope it helps.

I felt my skin crawling, something biting me and small bite marks on my torso for about a week.  This morning I took a close look and saw small brown mites crawling over my skin!  I showered and scrubbed head to toe using tea tree oil.  Tonight I did a search on the internet and discovered a website naturalginesis.com.  Many people have suffered from mites and have found success using their products.  I placed my first order.
Go to your doctor and tell them. I also had the sensation, stopped my SIMVASTATIN for three days to see if it was that doing it. I was on a forum that everyone that was using that drug was having same sensations. Usually my crawling happened lower part of my body; legs, belly and buttocks. I told my doctor about tiny pinpricks and pinching also. He told me it is not an issue of food, animal or plant. I was diagnosed with Neuropathy. It has to do with your nervous system. He has placed me on Neurontin, generic form is Gabapentin. 100 mg 1-2 tablets a night, depending on how bad it is. (BUT PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON ME FOR THIS) Ask you doctor about this medicine, it is also used for restless leg syndrome, epileptic seizures and other neurological issues. Always discuss these issues with the doctor, you can not rely on advice from anyone on here. Tooth problems might cause a feeling of chest pains if not treated, a friend had pains and it was actually her tooth. So please do not listen to that person who said it was an infected tooth. Dear Lord! Just ask the doctor, it doesn't hurt to do that.
Have you started using these products?  Are they working?
I have all the same symptoms as most people on here and I don't think chemicals is the answer...it probably makes it worse, but I did go and buy a bug strip from walmart and they also have them at homedepot.  I put it in my bathroom and a couple of days later I started to see a little almost microscopic crawling around and one even fell out of my hair.  I looked at it under my microscope and identified it as thrips.  They can fly, jump, crawl and they do bite hard and can lay their eggs under skin.  They might even be carrying mites or parasites.  I've found a few other people with the same delemia. They are very hard to get rid of.  The bug strip did help to rid them out of my car.  I'm scrared to use it too much....not sure what's in it.  Some have wings and some don't.  I do a few things that help with the biting at bedtime and the crawling sensation on legs when im at the computer have to do some more research on how to stop.  I will post again but if you want to e-mail me ***@****
I am trying the protocol from someone who says she got rid of it doing..... I will let you know how it works for me.....aparantly we aren't allowed to put in links here so go to stop skin mites dot ..... com,ending if you want to ck it out
Oh God! This is real and it's horrible. Day and night. Way worse at night. I thought I was alone. No one believed me. Sleeping while things crawled on me was impossible. The thoughts of bugs everywhere was sickening.. The doctor said I had anxiety and gave me Valium.Anyone who's ever felt it knows it's real. I read everything everywhere and decided it had to be microscopic mites. I launched an all out attack. I'm not sure what did the trick but it's been a blissful month of no misery. I think they are absolutely positively gone from me and my house. Here's what worked and what didn't.

Bathing in Pine Sol did not work. Pouring Rid lice killer all over myself failed. Insect repellant worked for about 15 minutes then I guess they got used to it. Bug bombs and diatamecious earth lessened the population for awhile in the house then they bounced back. Windex didn't do a thing. Then I did all of this:

Removed towels, rugs, pillows, bedding, throw pillows & blankets. Washed everything possible in scalding water & borax. Sealed nonessential items in lawn bags, baked in sun for 2 days then put in garage for 3 weeks. Vacuumed everything then replaced vacuum bag & filter. Mopped floors with bleach. Set off bed bug bombs. Put diatamecious earth under sofa cushions, on mattresses, pillows, in crevices, etc. Sealed mattresses & bed pillows in plastic covers. Washed all laundry and bedding daily. Things got much better but I could still feel some.

Then I read how some people's body chemistry attracted them. I figured if I couldn't get rid of them completely in my house I could stop being an all-you-can-eat buffet for them. so I started working on me. I added vitamin pills and ate better. I showered in hot water 2x a day and used cider vinegar instead of soap on my skin. I washed & conditioned my hair in rosemary mint shampoo (bugs hate rosemary). I ordered Mite Avenge and put it on after bathing. (It's for actually dogs but I was desperate.)

After 3 days of that I couldn't feel them at all. I got slack after that and started to feel them about a week later. I did the shower routine again for a few more days and that was the end of it. After almost a year. It was over.

If I go out into my garden I feel them again so I scrub with vinegar and use Mite Avenge before they can build back up.
See section entitled 'Spinal Cord'

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/neurofibromatosis-type-2/pages/symptoms.aspx
This doesn't affect everyone in the household,  either you live alone or have a very understanding person with you- I have tried almost everything and still have this plague!  My husband tolerated my remedies until about a month ago, then I had to take all of his things out of bags and back in his drawers and closets. He's fed up, and I'm still miserable!  This fall it will be 4 years , I will try the mite avenge, I would give or try anything at this point.
NONE of you are crazy.....hang in there....
one thing that will remove mites/"whatever these are" that have dug in and/or their eggs is a mayo treatment I do.....IT IS NOT THE TOTAL SOLUTION BUT ESSENTIAL......and will help you break their breeding cycle.

STILL WORKING ON RIDDING MYSELF FOR THE SECOND TIME BUT HERE'S SOME HELP:

3-PRONG APPROACH NECESSARY (additional help referenced below)
environment
internal
topical---here's where I use the mayo treatment

MAYO TREATMENT-- this smothers and then draws out of your skin the bugs/egg sacs
Discovered this when I first thought I had lice except the crawly and biting sensation was all over my body so I tried a home remedy for head lice and applied to every inch of my body......

---YES, I’m talking about the condiment mayonnaise......you will need a chunk of time (2-3 hrs) in the bathroom --- I don't live with anyone so sharing the bathroom was a non-issue.

--MUST use Mayo and don't skimp.....I use about 1/2 qt bottle (I have a tall frame and I have long hair)----Keep the mayo at room temp for comfort (refrig only if you won't use again for several days--you don't probably want to add a rancid oil to your trouble)---you need to SLATHER IT ON everywhere including scalp and hair----You won't be able to do anything else during this time cause its very messy---mayo eventually turns to oil and drips off so I sit in a dry bathtub, buttocks on a small towel and a small towel at my back to lean on.

Leave the mayo on for at least 1.5 hours----at about 1/2 hour point stuff will start coming out of your pores----this definitely is a freeak-you-out moment!

Hold on ---- keep going for the full 1.5 hours because you will be amazed at what comes out...After that period of time, rinse your hands, feet and floor of tub off before you try to stand--have a couple small dry towels handy to use to help yourself stand, maybe put under feet---whatever you need to safely stand.

I use Avalon Tea Tree Oil scalp Treatment Shampoo to cut through the mayo while showering off the stuff-----I am finding that using the topical protocol mentioned in the below website is what to do next for thoroughly rinsing off oily residue from both the mayo and shampoo----IMPORTANT to do this because there is a fungus that is part of this problem....not just the mite----so an oily residue would feed the fungus and be counterproductive-----
www.stopskinmites.com

--I will check back as I can to respond if I can help anyone—

--THIS is horrible to experience and doctors rarely consider parasites
(only use someone with lot's of experience in this area because most docs know nothing about parasites and do rinky-dink tests that are insufficient) but are 'gung ho!" to put you into the box with a diagnosis of delusions of parasites ???? Go figure :(
--helpful doctors may be chiros who use a lab called Great Smokies Diagnostic Laboratories==they specialize in fungus and parasitic conditions--perhaps you can work with the lab directly IDK......I just learned of this yesterday from another type of practitioner who you will find useful in supporting you through this......someone who is using electro-dermal screening.  

--I haven't used the Great Smokies Lab but I have used electro-dermal screening lots--it helps fine tune your approach to self-care and confirm whether certain products are supportive for your unique body chemistry.
FYI: I stopped doing this mayo treatment for two weeks...trying something else.  My skin erupted, the extreme fiber-glass-like itch/pain resulted so I went back to doing it now for the past 3 days and my skin has almost entirely cleared from what before was very gross...now still have tiny but dry=and-going-away bumps...but this experience makes it clear to me that I'm on the right track.  I think our bodies' provide a substance that encapsulates and breaks down the parasite and that is what is coming out of the pores-----encapsulated parasite parts :)

--I AM HOWEVER STILL VEXED WITH THE CRAWLY SENSATIONS.....
It will take getting my environment cleaned up more (trying the protocol from www.stopskinmites.com.....my results are not yet for sure) and I'm back using a product that I ran out of which helps

called D-Hist by Orthomolecular Products...deals with the allergic response factor in this condition....--If this D-Hist item makes sense to you, purchase it via a health practitioner who uses it even if you're not a patient.
First off - try changing shampoos to see if this is the problem. My understanding is that some shampoos are loaded with crap that can make you react strongly.

Then if that doesn't work try skipping all the strong chemicals and try this.  Shampoo your hair and body 2 x per day using Dove Unscented Bar of Soap.  Use a conditioner on only the hair strands...don't touch your scalp.  This is helping somewhat.  I think this is going to turn out to be about skin and not bugs.

I think the person with the candida response is right.  Have you been eating much sugar or sugar products lately?  Do you have bad breath and a coated tongue?  Have you had antibiotics recently?  Be sure to add Probotics for this to your diet.

My dentist told me you can pick it up anywhere and it revs up when you eat the wrong diet.  I think its a kind of mold on your skin.  Ck this site out - I'm going to try it.  Its got to be better then bathing in pestisides and chemicals.

I had the creepy crawly feeling on those fine little hairs above my mouth all day at work and it was driving me insane.  I put topical hand sanitizer all over my face out of desperation.  It turned my face red and I looked terrible at work for the rest of the day...It helped for a minute but there is no way a bug can make it through hand sanitizer.  There is just no way.  I made the effort to sneak up on them so they didn't run away so - that logic doesn't work.

I'm going to try the candida diet - it won't hurt.  Someone also said they were alergic to garlic and going off garlic helped.  I'm going on a veggie diet and lots of water for awhile and will check in if it improves.  I hate this too.  I feel like I have bugs crawling all over my head but there's nothing there.  
And this is also going out to anyone that believes you can kill bedbugs, unless you actually pull one apart after finding one, they can not be killed, unless you burn down the house
Or Neuropathy, my doctor said possibility of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) also meds he gave me for other things too. I also told him about the bee stinging sensation all over, but the crawling was just in my legs. Since taking meds, so far so good
My doc gave me something called Neurotin for RLS
You have to edit that URL, you can keep the Demodex on but the rest has to go
I have started the meds from doctor and the crawling has stopped, but sometimes you have to take two at night. I had to last night, no crawling, but that darn stinging like a bee. I feel better for now, if anything else transpires, I will let you all know
I had the same and treated it with tea tree oil shampoo and soap but you have to be patient these things take a long time to be rid off you're talking 3 months. please read about Demodex mites. These mites live in your pores and hair follicles. They mostly like the face and scalp area but ca move to other parts of the body they come out at night to breed.  Tea tree oil really helped me see my early posts it works trust me. I'm a month into my treatment now and hardly feel itchy anymore. No would listen to me, doctors told me its in my head but i knew i was not crazy. This is real but you can kill this thing and get your life back.

Good luck.
I posted this a couple of weeks ago please read.

this is what i did:
I bought
1) Tea tree oil shampoo
2) Tea tree oil soap
4) Carrier oil (i used Olive oil)
I also bought dead sea salt and used it in my bath this really helps.

If your doctor has no cure, then read this :

Feeling of ants crawling under skin or heaviness in chest or whispering inside the ear are often caused by "Jinn" possession and can be cured by Ruqyah treatment. Millions have been cured by Ruqyah since centuries.

Google this : Jinn possession, Ruqyah

Do this as soon as possible :

Do not panic or feel depressed.
Find the biggest Islamic mosque in your city.
Go to it at noon on a weekday.
Ask for the imam of the mosque.
Wait there if he is unavailable.
Tell him you want to talk to him privately.
Tell him you feel ants crawling under the skin
Tell him the doctor cannot find the cure for this sensation.
Tell him that you have read online this sympton is for Jinn possession.
Tell him that you are seeking someone who can do "Ruqyah"
If he fails to help you, go to a bigger mosque in your province.    

Ruqyah healing is done as follows :

The imam or his colleague will recite special sections of the Holy Quran.
If a Jinn is residing in you, it will soon start talking from inside you.
The imam will ask him to leave you and never return back to you
The Jinn may initially refuse but when threatened with Holy quran recitation
Then the Jinn will depart you for good.

What is a Jinn :

The Jinns are invisible creations of God. They eat, drink, marry, live in families, have nature calls and have Jinn kids. They can be good or evil. If evil, it is the devil's companion.

Where do they live :

They usually live far away from human cities in desolate places like graveyards, caves, forests, deserts or dirty unclean places like garbage dumps or washrooms in cities.

Reasons for Jinn possession :

The Jinn fell in love with you as you are young and good looking
You accidently hurt the Jinn while outdoors by stepping on it or urinating.
You have moved into a house that already had a Jinn living there before you

Note :
Ruqyah is done free by the imam or a muslim person skilled in Ruqyah
Beware, any person who charges you any money for this is a fraud.
Do not pay anyone money for Ruqyah (Islamic excorcism)
Do not confuse Ruqyah with christian excorcism.  
I do not know if Christian excorcism works but Ruqyah is well proven.

Further research :

Internet has books and articles on Ruqyah.
I am so LOL and relieved at the same time knowing im not crazy. This has started about 5 days ago... The skin crawling like a spider or other small bug. Its only on my arms and legs and i notice it more when im in bed ready to sleep. So i figured it must be mites and bombed everyday since it started... i also have no pets ... but it was still happening. So last night i stay at a friends house wanted to see if i still feel the crawling sensation turns out im still experiencing it. However its moved on to my face. Im not really sure whats going on but i think I have some kind of infection. i do have hard water in my house and carpel tunnel syndrome but dont see why i would not start this symptom I have noticed about 2 or 3 small bites on the back of my legs.. looks and feels like a mosquito or spider bite. but none on my arms... sooo im not sure why my arms and face have this feeling without any bites... and i think i notice this more at night in bed because my body is more relaxed... i just hope this goes away soon
Hi TTOistheanswer...question for you: I have skin that feels like bugs crawling on it, but can't see a thing - like others here. I have followed your advice and got the Tea Tree Oil, soap and shampoo. Plus all the vacuuming and washing, etc. but I have a question about the TTO. My husband says any oil suffocates chiggers,etc. . Also the person who posted about the mayonnaise (which turns to oil) had some success. When I bought the TTO it only said it was soothing to skin, nothing about mites. Do you think it works just because it's an oil? And that the good cleaning is what is really solving the problem? Oh...and how are you doing? Is bug crawling feeling gone? Thanks for the advice!!
Hi, TTO kills the adult mites and is “effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses and stimulates the immune system but I don't think it suffocates them. Lab tests were done and found that 100% TTO killed the demodex mites in 4 mins and 50% TTO in 15 mins. I did a lot of research about this oil and its properties and trust me this oil works like no other. These mites hate it. I've been doing this routine now for a few weeks and hardly itch anymore I feel like i'm getting my life back and that people around me are also not itching.

You will feel them every now and then but thats the eggs hatching so don't get disheartened and keep washing with the soap and shampoo to make sure they don't get to the adult stage and lay more eggs. You need to break there cycle. The most important thing is to wash with the soap really well before you go to sleep cos thats when they come out to breed and lay there eggs. Unfortunately this is not a quick fix you need to do this for 3 months and then maintain maybe once or twice a week but you will see and feel results within 10 days or so.

And please don't use chemicals its harming you and the people around you to no effect, you need to keep your immune system strong to fight these mites so they don't come back. So start thinking about vitamins. I'm taking multi vitamins, fish oil and vitamin D to boost my immune system.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
hello my name Is Nikki, My problem is I only feel it when I am in the bed. I thought maybe fles from the dogs and cat but it cant be or bed bugs but both of them would make marks on my body, so what else could be going on? I wake up all through the night because of this. something has got to give. Please help me out anyone else going through this or even better anyone have a result
I have an itching problem while I am using the computer. If I put on full body clothing I don't feel it. Is there something the computer is emiting to make me itch. I have to cover my body completely while on the computer, then only my face, hair and neck itches. I then have to take a clean towel and dust my face and hair. Does anyone know what this is and how to cure it? I just purchased a new laptop and I love playing games on it to pass the time.  PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN.  Thank you in advance, Itching in Georgia
Go to the State of Illinois health Site.  You will see that there are invisible mites that can get in your home and bite you.  You are not crazy.

If you're finding red splotches when squishing then you have a clover mite.

I'm pretty sure our infestation is from the "itch or straw mite" which can come from leaves, tree bark etc. when I applied some new bark mulch.  Our dogs were dragging some mulch into the house.  Please go to this site - you will feel better knowing that this is documented.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/pcmites.htm

If you are getting bitten this is what you can do.  Mites won't live if there's nothing to eat.  We applied the sulfer ointment recommended by Mayo Clinic for scabies and thought it might help and its 100% safe for babies, pregnant women etc.

10% Sulfer Ointment head to toe for 24 hours per day and 3 consecutive days.  Wash it off before going to bed and reapply.

This is the product we used:
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/de-la-cruz-sulfur-ointment-10-acne-medication-ointment/ID=prod2872361-product.  You can find it at Walmart, Osco etc. in the Hispanic Section.

It worked.  We even started using when we worked outside or went camping and it was a fantastic way to keep the bugs away vs. pesticides.

I don't know if it got them off us or if it just kept us from being desirable until they died off but it kept us from being bit and it was sweet relief.  The ointment is a little gritty but its safe for babies, pregnant women etc.  Its very drying and you really need to keep away from eyes.  Don't put it on the faces of babies.  Just to be on the safe side I also treated for head lice by pouring listerine on my hair after showering and wrapping in saran wrap leaving on overnight and washing in the morning.  I did this again a week later.  So far so good.

I would consider myself, my sister and family to be completely sane intelligent people so we wanted to go after this with educated information.

I hope this helps.
Technically, the body is full of tiny creatures already. Bacteria, viruses and so on. So really, should we get freaked out when we find out that there's a specific kind of bug/worm/organism that lives under our skin? It does gets really annoying and sometimes out of control but the only thing we can do is temporarily relieve it by using some of the methods already mentioned from other people's posts. However, there is no solution for it and it will never go away completely.

Another source that makes this situation even worse is modern day technology which exposes us all to a low level of electromagnetic radiation up to the high level of radiations (both ionizing and non-ionizing) which can sometimes be felt as if the hairs on your skin moves (and believe it or not it really is your hair moving caused by these invisible waves that you can't see floating around). Like those we get from our televisions, cell phones, computers, microwaves, etc. The sun, your diet and pollution are also reasons why for some, the symptoms are worse than others. The more you are exposed to these sources, the worse the symptoms are. Most doctors will not be able to explain it because there isn't just one cause for it. Instead, they will try to give you some kind of medical diagnoses, mainly antidepressants because sometimes the symptoms get so bad, people have a hard time coping with it eventually. You can read up on anything you think may be causing this but after years of researching it myself...I've finally figured it out. Without trying to scare anyone, some people's symptoms have already gone as bad as feeling small vibrations or tingling sensations from other parts of your body such as your legs or stomach. There are a lot of invisible things going on right in front of our eyes that we cannot see at the present time. However, as years go by, we will all get a chance to experience more things little by little. Some have already been seeing things from the corner of their eyes and cannot explain it. It's all there, just not yet visible to the human eye. Things that are unknown to us...things from another dimension. But there is no reason to be afraid because it is all part of the evolution of life...or what is yet to come.

It is tremendously frustrating to have these invisible things happening to us and we cannot do anything about it to stop it. One thing is for sure, if you are not feeling it, you aren't alive. We all feel it. Like I said, it can be relieved but only temporarily by some of the methods others have suggested. Life goes on...we can only make the best of it one day at a time. God Bless.
I have the same problem, it started when I moves in with my brother, we got a new apartment. He had claimed he had bed bugs before, though he never saw them. He bought a new bed. After a month he said he still had bed bugs and threw out his new bed, though we could not find any traces of bedbugs. A month later we washed the carpet after 3 months in our new apartment. The morning after the carpet cleaning I felt a tingle around my falter and knees in my room. The next night when i got home and got in bed I felt tingles, like bugs jumping on my Ankles and calves. I freaked out because they started biting me and crawling allover. Eversince I cannot see what is eating me alive  but nothing I do gets rid of them. I have taken bleach baths, Epson salt baths, cedar oil and tea tree oil baths, ammonia baths, used permethrin cream multiple times, changed apartment, changed car, threw out all my belongings, they are still on me. Please help if anybody has any idea, the doctors say I have nothing, yet they stand back when telling me this. I am broke now, have no savings. Sleep in an air mattress in a cheap roach apartment by myself. Had to separate from my brother, thus is a nightmare, he still has it also. Any help please share!
Please see my earlier post. Check out Demodex mites. Nothing works because there is no quick cure. You have to be patient and persevere with this. Tea tree oil works but you have to stick to the routine I posted. Its worked for me and I hope it'll work for you. Good luck.
so what is the invisible crawling itching feeling and bits? the while family. i fee sprayed and  bathing with freaking bug spray just to sleep and wake up itching all over. This is horrible. what do i do? its not bed bugs we been check with the pest guy, and chunked are bed enyways, and then fee bombed, and now its seem worse all over me even away frome home. I clean allmy laundry at once including pellows blacket.  im just wanna move next month and not bring what ever it is to the new house. i have 2 small kids getting bit up and this is so annoying. i dont know what todo ..samantha help email me back ***@****
i have tryed tea tea oil every day and the shampoo , lice spray for the couches i mean apple vinigar in baths i tried everything??>?>? they come back? i am bout to pay for the carpet to be done .. i can figure this out.
Your routine (posted twice earlier) works. Finally, relief. It's been two weeks of Tea Tree routine and nighttime itching is gone. I'll continue as recommended through summer. Thanks so much for the natural, chemical-free  recommendation. Really, bless you.
i had crawling skin several years ago and when i saw rheumatologist i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.after this and getting medication.sensation stopped.
TTOis the answer - I"m going to try this tomorrow - thanks for your post - I"ve seen psychiatrists, dermotologists etcs...no one believed me -

okay, so about 5-7 years ago, I used to have a terrible problem with these invisible bugs - I went to a dermatologist and they were totally unhelpful - she, like others have mentioned in this thread, recommended I went to see psychiatrist...

the problem/reality is - two other people, at the time, said "I feel something crawling in your bed" - (eventually, it got so bad, I couldn't see any girls or invite them over because I kept everything, including my bed, in plastic, so I could keep washing it before bedtime)...with the objective verification from other people, I knew the problem wasn't just my brain making things up - and thus a psychological problem

now, after not having symptom for nearly 5-7 years, I have started using a carpet again that was at my old apt (I think this maybe the source - although I find it hard to believe that anything could live that period of time with non-usage) - and now I'm starting to feel the mites/bugs again...it's just in its initial stages, so I want, this time, to get rid of them before they infect my entire living space (my roomate doesn't know/can't feel anything yet)...and I really don't want to move out of this apt - what I had to do last time to get rid of them...

I don't have any bite marks/welts....I do get itching though - but I can feel them crawl on my skin all day long -

as with other members in this thread - I used to be able to stand in front of a mirror and watch my hair (which is where they seem to concentrate) move without any external contact...

I have been drinking quite heavily over the last 2 months or so - so I'm wondering if this is a possible side effect from withdrawl or dehydration (I smoke too)...but in the past, as I mentioned, other people have said (2 others) that there is "something moving in your bed) -

the last time I encountered this, it lasted for years - I kept everything in plastic bags, my bed included, washed everything everyday, used Permethrin (A LOT - which isn't a good idea because its toxic) - but I couldn't get rid of them....

please help - I really don't want to lose this apt or infect my roomate - I don't want to suffer through this nightmare again
I"m going to buy the TTO oil tomorrow and begin treatment right away - this is a nightmare
what do you recommend to clean the environment? - should I throw out the pillows? what about the carpet/bed?

what makes be believe that you are correct, that I have the dermodex mite, is that the last time I had this happen, as noted about 5-7 years ago, I had terrible dandruff - like unbelievable - I couldn't believe how much, it looked like half my scalp would come off - I would scrap and scrap and still more would come off...

definitely going to try your solution tomorrow -
You are more than welcome. I'm really happy its worked for you too.
And thank you for coming back and updating us on your progress. Now maybe a few more people will try this and hopefully get the same results.
Hi, I threw away my pillow hovered my bed and house daily for a week then just once a week. wet dust and change your towel and pillow case/sheets regularly I'd say twice a week. the most important thing is once you've identified that you have this mite then you need to disrupt its breeding pattern.
so night time washing of face and hair is the key to this. read my post make sure you are not allergic to TTO before starting the treatment. This is a 3 month plan but I saw results within 2 weeks. Don't get disheartened when you feel a breakout in a few days/weeks this is normal stick with the routine as you will go through a few cycles. All the best and good luck and let us know how you do.
I don't think what I have is Demodex mites. TTO will get them off me but my work place is full of them. And my car. I think I could get rid of them in my home otherwise. These things are small. can't see them with 100 X magnification. Maybe they are translucent. Need a solution for making them no atracted to me. I have had this problem for a year and a half now.

This seemed to start after getten bitten by some kind of bug out side that made a bunch of itchy bites on my hands and arms.  Like I have never experienced before.

I am 55 years old and very healthy. Drink beers but no medicine or drugs. I am taking multi vitamins. tried raw garlic didn't seem to help.  tried stop skin mites stuff didn't help. THey are really bad right now because it has been so humid this summer. What ever they are the dryer kills them.  Sleep on a cot in a light sleeping bag that I put in dryer every day. That gets me through the night Ok.
One plus is I don't have foot fungus anymore
There is a permethrin spray for your clothes that is probably worth checking out.  If you can get a doctor to prescribe you permethrin, that works good too.
Question buggyinnc, have you check your stools for them? If they are there that is why you can't get rid of them...The reason I ask is because I have had them for 3 months now, 2 different types. One that bites, covers itself in lint to be unseen and one that seems to slice or dig into you, mostly in your feet, hands. I have learned, and this does sound crazy..both hate a (WEAK) 9 volt battery zapping to the tongue every second. (only for the strong hearted and you do have to move the battery around so it does not burn you] I have tried just about everything and this seems to be the only thing that will get them of off me. They best thing to do is have  someone around you during this time just incase you may have a problem.. Wet the shower down, get a towel, spread it out so it is like a island with wet all around in the shower, with the water off. Next is to position yourself one foot at one end and the other at the other of the towel, just standing on the edge so they can get off. Make sure this is where you want to stand for about a hour and you can't move or they will bite your feet. Have a large plastic trash bag near, and a small wood stick of some type to push the ones that may nip on the way down) Next start the on/off of the tongue, a wet tongue is easier, and just with a quick touch. At this point will feel them start to move. They will depart from every where, down the legs to the dry towel. I had them in my ears, and inside of me. So be ready for a nightmare event if you have had them for a long time. Most depart easy, but the crawing will be unreal so you have to be strong because you will have to do this several times during the next few days and may have to for some time. Next after your feel you have done as long as you can, step off the towel quick into the wetpart of the shower and quickly wet the towel grab the trash bag, take the stick and push the towek into the plastic bag.I have did this for 2 nights in a row, twice the first night, then the second night for 2 hours.  I feel this and along with staying in one room in the house with 2 dehumitfiers running 24/7, shaving my hair off, constant washing of the few cloths I have left, sweeping wood floors everyday, cleaning all counters and having no clutter, bed sprayed with alcohol a few hours before I goto bed has final won me a good nights sleep. The problem is the second set of parisites seem to be tuffer (the little white ones}, some did come out of my hands but my feet still have them in them and the 3 day into this they have constantly been jumping and bucking around. I have been to the hospital, a dermatologist, family doctor, and to the Exterminators office. The only one that gave me any clue to what the insect was, Was Bugout of Glen Burnie Maryland. I took two specimens in to him for ID and with some research he told me the first was in the Bird Louse Family, the other he was unable to help . The dermatologist told me all the bites on me were a environmetal issue and take a few weeks vacation and they maybe gone when I return home, one thing with him..he did reconize one of the items I showed him under the microscope, a egg But was quick to push me out the door. The hospital said it was stress and tested me for heart issues, which all came back fine.  Thats where all stands now, my first good nights sleep in months and just one battle won to get rid of this nightmare which has consumed my every second of mind. I do pray for those that suffer this and hope with all we can put together a answer for our childern.
I think you should change your name to crazy cat lady!
People will believe anything!
People will believe anything!
omg I have the samething going on with me! I hate it! feeling like bugs crawling on me all over my body! & I checked fir signs of bed bug found nothing on my old bed I never felt thus way nd the bed I hit now I NEW! but I check anyway fount nothing u don't wake up with rash or bite marks but I realized I have more pimples or like bumps on my shoulder nd back which ppl sey it normal bc am barely 17 so they think it's am going to that prossecs or pimples.

am a late sleeper so wen am just laying down at nite I get a sensation of bug crawling on me nd bites.I sleep with my lil sister & she never gets that feeling so I wonder if am just crazy!! I so want this to stop ;( if someone finds a way to stop this please let me know ***@****

We have these bugs in my daughter's bedroom, they aren't invisible - they are skin colour (maybe slightly darker).  They are on the walls, on the curtain rail, on the ceiling, even in her bed, on her pillow, on all her teddies, even on the clock radio, her water bottle that she drinks from during the night.  We have emptied the bedroom of all her belongings, hoovered up, wiped the surfaces, hoovered the clock radio even.  They are in her bedside cabinet drawers, I've had them crawling on me and have shown them to my partner - we don't know what they are, where they're coming from or what to do - they are most certainly real !
Don't rule out lymes disease. I NEVER suspected I had it. I have these exact symptoms and more, and it's because I have lyme disease. Lymes Disease can mimic over 300 different diseases including auto-immune deficiencies. Get some info on it. Dont rule it out until you've been tested because I never thought it was a possibility since I couldnt remember being bitten by a tick or having a rash or even getting the sickness. Turns out a lot of people don't get any symptoms until months or even years later when you're already far infected. Now I have chronic lyme syndrome and no money to treat it. If you have it though, simple antibiotics should take care of it but make sure after you finish the meds that you make your doctor test again to make sure it's gone because a lot of the time they tell you you're fine without making sure cuz there's a lot of controversy surrounding lymes disease right now.
The best solution I have found to make people aware that there is something there and that it really is biting you is to get one of those handheld paddle bug zappers.  I found one for under $7 at the local big box store and have been rather revengefully zapping these creations of the netherworld for a bit now.  It is the only thing that I have found that works on the ones that have become entirely resistant to all the sprays, etc.  The first night I got the vast majority of the worst offenders and now I hope to be working on the last 10%.

This also makes those who do not get bitten in the same household, etc realize you are not out of your ever, living, loving mind.  For those of you on medication you may want to keep in mind that the meds may be numbing you to the bits.

I nearly crippled myself from the exhaustion of not sleeping and the constant cleaning, washing, and vacuuming.  Do not get me wrong you must still do all these very vigilantly and about 5 times more often than one normally would, but that beats the heck out of basically boiling your sheets every night and vacuuming every square inch of the house, the couch, the mattresses, pillows, etc and breathing menthol until you want to puck.  Plus you now have a way to address the issue in your car and at work.

The zapper I have found is harmless to anything other than the bugs, I put it directly on my skin, to my hair, etc and there is no issue with burning, etc.  I also lay it directly on fabric, etc with no issue.  I do probably over do it because if I feel the slightest thing I wand it as I do not want to take the chance and find out these nasty things can somehow mutate to be resistant to the zapper.  The zapper does seriously zap so the sound is a bit unsettling when you do it to yourself, but almost therapeutic when you run it across the couch the first time.  If you want to have real fun turn off the lights and do it, it is like a min fireworks display.

Above all else do not use any of the traditional bug sprays found at the local grocery stores or any type of flea spray that has what the traditional grocery store purchased sprays have in them.  I made this mistake and found that not only did theses nasty things become resistant they became stronger and subsequent use seem to actually make them even stronger.

Good luck and happy ZAPPING!
see the post from 105mth on 8/10 and get a bug zapper
I've been experiencing a "crawling" skin sensation ever since I had, which the Doctor finally told me, was a staph infection. I had sores in patches, all over my body. I thought it was Shingles, but the Dr said if it was Shingles, it would only have effected one side of the body. She said it was a Staph infection, put me on 2wks of antibiotics. The infection is gone, I think, no new sores, just still healing of some of the ones I had, most are gone. But my skin still feels creepy crawling. I feel like I'm going insane sometimes, don't know what to do.
Just wanted to share this. Not 100% yet but worth checking out.
Ok, we are all feeling itchy while partners or friends are ok so it must be something that is making these mites attracted to us. If you've taken a lot of antibiotics or are really stressed thats when you're immune system is compromised.
My theory is when you are weak the candida in your stomach which is in everyones body will multiply and get out of control and will become a fungal infection that will come up on your skin which is like xmas dinner for the demodex mite. Now a few people here have had toe nail fungus, athlete foot & have been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis. Ever wonder why it gets worse when you eat a lot of sugar its because sugar feeds the candida that produces the fungus which feeds the mites.
Now we all have been trying to eliminate the mites but not really taking care of the real problem and thats why we can't get rid of this.

Tea tree oil, Neem oil, Sulphur soap, dead sea salt, borax and i can name many more products they all have anti fungal properties so they work for a bit then you get hit with another wave.
You kill the fungus on your skin and the mites but the candida is still there and producing more fungi and attracting more mites. If you get rid of the candida you get rid of the mites as you can't git rid of all the mites cos they are all around us.

Solution:

Probiotics every morning on an empty stomach, 30 mins before breakfast will restore your good bacteria in your stomach and fight the candida. take your multi vitamins and omega 3. cut out sugar and dairy for a few weeks and carry on with your tea tree routine or any other that works for you every skin is different.

Worth a thought?
The symptoms of Candida overgrowth.

The untreated reoccurrences of bloating, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal and intestinal gas, and other digestive related ailments that resulted in poor diet are just some causes of overgrowth in the digestive tract. Itchiness, inflammation, redness, and burning sensation are the common symptoms for vagina and penis Candida overgrowth or a Candida virus. White patches, blisters, and bad breath are symptoms occurring in the mouth area. Rashes, swelling, and unexplained blisters are signs in the skin.

Other symptoms can be mistaken as caused by other ailments. Some examples are unexplained fatigue, overall body weakness, headaches, and extreme mood swings. Latter misguided symptoms are unusual sweet foods and bread cravings, depression, short attention span, impotency or low sex drive, and vulnerability to sickness.
I just wanted to share how I solved my itchy crawly skin problem. I woke up one morning feeling like bugs were crawling on me. I freaked out and thought it was scabies for about two days, took zyrtec at night to help me sleep. I realized it wasn't scabies because I wasn't terribly itchy, just couldn't shake that feeling that invisible bugs were crawling on my skin. Then I remembered that I had gotten allergy tested in the past and was allergic to dust and dust mites AND the day before this started, I cleaned out the fan I used in my bedroom. I had wiped it clean and blown through the fan, releasing big clumps of dust that had built up in the fan over the years I had used it (not smart). When I turned on the fan again, clumps of that dust blew everywhere. I gathered them up and vaccuumed when it happened but I guess that wasn't enough. Remembering all of this had taken place the day before the itchy crawly skin started, I decided to unplug the fan and put it away. The next morning, I woke up and didn't feel any crawling on my skin and now I'm fine! So just try to figure out what you're allergic to, go to an allergist even and get allergy tested, and then get rid of any sources of that allergen in your living space. I guess being exposed to whatever you're allergic to causes that feeling of invisible bugs crawling on your skin. Who knew!
ok!  So I didn't get to this post till after I replied!  SORRY!  You seem to know the deal! : )  I'm a retired Lic Vet Tech and puppies get this alot b/c their immune system isn't fully developed and/or it's compromised.
I slept in an absolutely disgusting hotel back on Aug 10th, and the skin-crawling / invisible biting feelings began soon after.  By 5 nights later, I was going nuts.  It seems to immediately take over your life, and I've been consumed with finding a cure through this kind of research.  Up until now, all signs have pointed to my problem being Bird / Rodent Mites.  But, after reading TTOistheanswer's post, Demodex Mites sound possible too, especially since 'they say' bird or rodent mites cannot reproduce without a bird or rodent.  Either way, Tea Tree Oil has been repeatedly suggested to battle all mites, and I've been using a TTO shampoo, soap, and even spraying TTO mouthwash on me.  I carry the 100% vial at all times, and whenever I feel the tingling, I rub some right on it - personally, I don't find this to be too strong; I actually like the heat it produces.  Its only been 12 days since I first felt the bugs, and I seem to have good days and horrible days, but inundating them with TTO seems to be doing the best.

Here's a few of questions:

1) Has anyone tried using a sauna?  As I understand it, heat kills these mites - so I've been going to the sauna, and I feel great afterwards.  I would go everyday if possible - it seems like the combo of TTO and sauna would wipe out this mite.

2) Does anyone know how long these creatures can survive without living on you?  Moreover, do they need to breed on you, or can they multiply off site, like in your bed or couch, etc?  I ask because I am considering just picking up and leaving town for 2 weeks, so that any potential mites will die off / look for another host in my absence.  I would still be doing my TTO / sauna routine, but cutting out the possibility of re-infestation from my giant industrial loft (which is impossible to completely clean).

3) Finally, should I be worried about spreading them to my friends?  I live alone, but go out a lot, and I'm terrified that I will pass on this affliction.  Are all of you basically isolating yourselves until this is gone?  Aren't your personal lives being destroyed?

Thanks for any responses / input - its only been about 2 weeks for me, yet I keep reading horror stories that these mite problems can go on for years - waaaaay more failure stories than success stories.  Has anyone been fully cured?!
Good luck to you all!
S
Hi, Demodex mites can't live without a host for more than 3 days but thats not the problem cos nearly everyone has these mites but they are kept at bay by there immune system. So if your immune system is compromised you will keep catching it. I'm pretty sure that most of us have a yeast problem (Candida) that attract these mites. If you have had antibiotics or are on the pill  or have been really stressed, your immune system would have been compromised. You need to check out what the candida symptoms are and see if you suffer from a few.
Sorry its a long list but:

Mental/emotional/nervous system:

Headaches and migraines
Depression
Sleep problems — difficulty falling asleep, or waking up in the middle of the night with a mind that won’t calm down (typically between 1 and 3 am)
Irritability and confusion
Poor memory
Anxiety attacks, panic attacks
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
Heart beating too fast or irregularly
Attention deficit, hyperactivity (ADD/ADHD)
Dizziness
Numbness
Feeling of floating or not quite being in your body
Indecisiveness, difficulty organizing and cleaning messy areas

Digestive system:

Cravings for sugar, chocolate, milk, cheese, vinegar, pickles, alcohol, bread, nuts or fruit
Acid reflux/GERD (heartburn)
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
Bloating, flatulence or abdominal pain
Rectal itching
Constipation and/or diarrhea

Skin, eyes, hair:

Skin and nail fungal infections (current or past), including: athlete's foot, vaginal yeast infections, fungal toenails, ringworm, jock itch, tinea versicolor or itchy eyelids
Skin problems like eczema, rashes, psoriasis
Prematurely graying hair
Pupils always dilated

As I said in my earlier post if you get rid of the yeast and thats not just what comes out on your skin you have to kill the candida in your stomach you will get rid of the mites.
We need to put the good bacteria back in our system and starve the candida so its all about  (PROBIOTICS, Yogurt,etc)
You are kidding right?  First most dermatologist will spend 4 min with you at most.  I had been going through this for a while. went to derm he told me nothing to worry about I had great skin maybe some dermatitis (the go to word when. They don't know what it is.) I finally bought a handheld USB microscope and had my answer after searching.  I had tapeworm that had migrated to my skin.  They normally enter from skin but go to intestines but the can have a migration and get into muscles and skin eyes brain. Google cysticercosis in skin.   I also had a yeast overgrowth
can you use this light on your body???
i feel something crawling under my skin  and it seems to only happen when i come in my house
did you get any results since you stopped using chemical sprays. I have treated my house for bed  bedbugs and my family started experiencing crawling and pricking sensations after. We even have small pimples on our bodies. I do not know if it is a reaction to chemical or some kind of a bug.
we thought we had a bug problem in our house and treated it with a chemical sprays. one month ago me and my husband started experiencing crawling and prickling sensations all over the body including ears, nose , head all day long. Also, we started to get bite marks with little white puss in side. We went to dermatologist to be checked for scabies and it was negative. My husband ear got inflamed and infected. We washed all our stuff with arm and hammer, borax. Wash ourself with sulfur soap, tee tree oil. Don't have furniture any longer. The rest of stuff in storage. We sleep on air mattress. Our daughter came from college and two weeks later started to have same symptoms. We think it is some kind of a mite or a parasite. We do not know where to get answers.
can you tell me what is TTO?
Hi Judy. Me, my husband, daughter, and a cat all have a problem with something that is crawling and biting us for the past two month. It even get to ears, nose, and eyes. We get small red pimples with white puss inside. The vet cannot diagnose it. The dermatologist cannot diagnose it. The entomologist said we have delusional paranoia when I contacted Rutgers University entomology dept. We lost all our furniture, did exterminations, nothing helped. We did borax, diatom earth, sulfur soap, tee tree oil. So far no progress. Where can we find a specialist in our area in New Jersey. How is your treatment goes?
I have been having the crawling/prickly biting sensation all over my body for a few months. Mainly at night when I sit in the recliner. I honestly feel that after all the research I have done that it is nerves. We are so busy moving around during the day that the nerves are preoccupied enough, but when we retire or set still for any length of time the games begin. Right now I am in the recliner & the sensations are popping like popcorn all over my body. It drive's me CRAZY. I am currently out of work which means NO insurance, so I am not able to go through doctor after doctor and then specialists to try and pinpoint the culprit. I have enough common sense to research and figure this out myself or at least rule out the obviously nots. I am convinced this is a neurological issue. My husband a chronic pain patient is currenty taking Gabapentin, an anti-convulsive med that is also given for nerve pain & Restless Leg Syndrome. I'm going to try Gabapentin to see if it will help. It's is not a very expensive drug so hopefully if it helps my bug sensation go away I can get a Rx from the dr. Wish me LUCK & I'll report back in a week or two if it takes that long.
It's so nice to hear I'm not completely crazy! I get the feeling of bugs crawling on me all the time. I have a strong paranoia of bugs in general (any kind of bug or insect of any kind, even harmless ones like lovebugs, ladybugs, or house flies).
It really creeps me out and makes me constantly feel a high anxiety that something is on me. It's not continuous- just here and there- and the little tingling sensations on my skin usually come in spurts. I'll get three to six at a time and touch or slap or scratch my skin and the feeling goes away until another comes in a different place.
If I see a spider/roach/beetle/mosquito,etc in my home I am paranoid about it for hours even after I seen the bug be flushed down the toilet or thrown in the trash smushed to death. I get the feeling the bug is still on me for the entire day and if I'm near the spot where it was found I get nervous and anxious and start to itch like crazy. If I'm outside, I'm a completely wreck about bugs and freak out if a bee or wasp is sighted. I get unusually angry when I feel a mosquito on me and I have full on arachnophobia so spiders are a get-on-top-of-a-table-or-chair-or-any-nearby-high-surface type of situation. I am almost as terrified of roaches. I have a 1 and a half year old little girl and she is about the only thing that can motivate me to get close enough to a bug to kill it- which is really pathetic. I live with my boyfriend so he does most of the bug killing and I often joke that we can never break up for the very reason I need him around to protect me from any bugs that may cross my path.
All kidding aside though, this is a legitimate paranoia and anyone who doesn't believe it can just live a day in my body because they'll see how it feels to be constantly overwhelmed with this awful feeling.
Hi Marina, Its Tea Tree Oil
I first posted on July 6, 2012 (Jude107) so I won't repeat what I wrote then.
In my case, I have discovered this issue is more than one bug/parasite and am getting some help from a Chinese Medical doctor who specializes in Field Control Therapy--very few practitioners exist.  I will share the help/lack of it I received from conventional medical doctors. But first;

I have now been dealing with this crawling, biting mess since early April.
I believed that the problem was going away since over the past week the sensations have diminished significantly....until tonight :( .... I am experiencing an increase in the crawling and biting.  

This leads me to believe that what was actually diminishing the problem was a diet change.  I had been doing a drink with protein and organic spring greens each morning for two weeks then I switched and started to use cabbage from the farmers' market (not organic and not the same nutrition --- so I am thinking now).  In addition then to dropping off the use of the organic spring greens I overdosed on sugar the past 2-3 days (large popcorn with large pop at movie last night sealed the deal). Today I have been progressively feeling more and more creepy crawly.

However, the carpet in my car and apartment never let up-----constant biting and stinger-like sensations.  I had the carpet in the apartment 'neutralized' and sanitized with products used for sensitive people (I don't know the exact products but the cleaner man said he never had a call back from anyone when he uses them). Well the carpet did actually feel free of the bugs for 2.5 days then it all returned. Soo, another thing confirmed----the sensations are NOT about a reaction to chemicals previously used on the carpet.

Sorry...need to try to sleep.  I will come back tmrw to finish.
What kind of bug is it?
I have this sam issue; starts out feeling as if something is crawling on my ankles, feet, then arms and if I dont shower before bed feel them in my hair, they seem to slowly crawl all over me. I have cats and an on-going flea issue that is almost under control. I know this is something on my skin because after a good shower the problem is gone. I was thinking cat dander or the like except that when I spray for fleas once a week or so the issue also is gone and so have decided it is a living insect that is just too small to see. it always starts at my feet and works its way up, seems I am picking them up waking thru infested areas. after spraying my carpet with flea spray, wall to wall, the issue will stay gone until I go outside at which time the issue returns. I have sprayed the entire house and yard, plus have washed all clothes, used advantage on the cats, I have not seen a live flea in weeks but these invisible bugs are tough to get rid of, some stage of their life cycle lives thru my flea routine which includes some serious chemicals: indoor zoecon precor 2000 w/igr, outdoor Promethrin & nyguard igr with a hose end sprayer. So all I can do is keep cats outside, shower twice a day, stay out of the back yard, I keep a laundry basket in my garage and remove my shoes and socks before going inside, it helps! they are real! I'm not crazy!
I also think after reading these comments, that there are multiple causes and issues in this thread, mine is not an allergy.
Ok, I am convinced now that this is a yeast problem (candida) for most if not all of us. we all have this crawling and stinging sensation we've all done various treatments that have worked but it always comes back. Now I've posted earlier a treatment using TTO which does work but that only gets rid of the yeast/mites on the surface but not really dealing with the source. Now I've been itch free since I've changed my diet but I still shower with TTO shampoo and soap.

I've cut out sugar completely from my diet and cut down on carbs changed to brown rice and eat lots of raw veg. I start my day with half an organic lemon with warm water then 20mins later I take my probiotic and when i get to work I have a greek yogurt low fat with flaxseed and berries. that should put enough of the good guys back in your gut. Now you need some candida natural killers.
(Coconut oil, Manuka honey) I've named these 2 cos thats the 2 i use but there are plenty more. I put the coconut oil on a slice of toast with the manuka honey this stuff tastes great and is a natural bacteria killer only -ve is that its not cheap. My skin now feels great my brain fog is gone and even my tongue which used to have a whitish coat on it is starting to clear.

Try and stay away from fruit juice and cola as they contain lots of sugar and that feeds the candida. Trust me if you change your diet this will go away. Your immune system is key. Your aim is to kill the bad bacteria in your gut and put in lots of the good guys. Research and if you have any questions please ask I'll check this every couple of days and keep you updated and if you try it and it works please tell others.

Good luck.
THEY ARE RODENT MITES (for most of you, and much more rarely BIRD MITES) Don't listen to all the various theories and GUESS at what you have... DO THE RESEARCH AND FIGURE IT OUT...

You know what is really messed up is that the Health Care Establishment DOESN'T CARE about this issue, because it these mites don't pose a direct health threat - they are only considered a nuisance BUT I DONT AGREE - I think think they are VERY DANGEROUS - Why? Because they drive people crazy and people use ALL SORTS OF DANGEROUS pesticides to rid themselves of these F*CKERS.

DO NOT USE RID
DO NOT USE ANY LICE PESTICIDE

That's like using a Nuke to remove a TREE STUMP
read this: http://www.s-e-a.net/dangers.html

DON'T GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST - They dont know SQUAT.. They will tell you it's all in your head - THEY are the crazy ones.. These things are REAL.

DONT CALL AN EXTERMINATOR - They most likely wont even take the gig because these Mites are nearly invisible and they wont know what to do.. AND EVEN if they KILL them - YOU will RE-INTRODUCE the Mites into your environment the SAME DAY...

Stay tuned for my complete MANIFESTO on how to get rid of these little MONSTERS...
MITE MANIFESTO - PART 1

My HISTORY (and why I KNOW what these things are)

I have been infested with Rodent Mites 3 times in my life - twice it was so terrible it consumed my WHOLE LIFE with the BATTLE. It all started about 12 years ago when I went to live with a friend of mine in California in a shtty run down house. After a couple weeks I learned that he had HUGE rats in the cupboards and attic and he didnt even care - he wasnt even trying to get rid of them... IDIOT!

RULE NUMBER 1 - NEVER EVER co-habitate with mice or rats NEVER!
BUT (here's the rub) When you kill them - THATS when the Mites go looking for a new HOST - YOU!

I was sitting on the couch and felt a bite on my leg - I looked down expecting to see a flea - but there was nothing there. I asked my friend who owned the house what was biting me - he said "Invisible Flea" he said he feels them all the time but he didnt care - said they were harmless.

That started the WHOLESALE DESTRUCTION OF MY LIFE for the next 3 MONTHS! I had hundreds, probably thousands of mites in my hair, clothes, face, bed, car, EVERYWHERE! But the biggest problem was I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE.

I moved out, I bagged my clothes, I OBSESSIVELY did laundry but NO PROGRESS. I went to a Dermatologist - He said it was all in my head, I called the County Health Commission - NO ONE KNEW WHAT IT WAS.. they all thought I was crazy.

I moved three times - a lost my girlfriend over this - I USED AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF CHEMICALS AND PESTICIDES - NOTHING WORKED. I made my GF stand outside of the shower naked while I covered her whole body with RID - she didnt believe me - she thought they didnt exist.. she was PISSED and dumped me... BUT she called me 2 weeks later and said "Guess what, I have them"

That was the first time I infected someone else - YES you can transmit them to others.

PART - 2

SO that was my first NIGHTMARE - I felt them crawling on my like fleas - and biting like tiny little needles - BUT no marks or welts - they are after all probably harmless but the feeling of them crawling on me and biting (especiallt around dusk) was just awful so I battled and battled for months till finally their numbers fell to a point where they could reproduce fast enough and I was free... TOOK ME 3-4 MONTHS OF PURE CRAZY CLEANING AND LAUNDRY... Why did it take so long - because I wasnt smart - I didnt THINK LIKE A MITE, or understand them and their characteristics enough.

AND YES I SAW THEM UNDER A MICROSCOPE - (Liponyssoides sanguineus - or a similar species) They are incredibly hard to get rid of EVEN THOUGH THEY CANT GET BLOOD OUT OF YOU (probably) THEY CAN LIVE MORE MANY MONTHS AND REPRODUCE.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN a few years later - I moved into an loft that had mice - I poisioned them and they died then BAM I was infected again.
This time I attacked IMMEDIATELY and they were gone withing a month or so but it was another nightmare.

PART - 3

AGAIN I got them in the Florida Keys - this time I think they came in when I found an elliptical trainer on the street and brought it into my living room - it had been outside for months and probably had a nest of mice in it at some point.  SO this time I really did my research - I figured out how to BATTLE SMART... I know some of you reading this my be having a horrible time getting rid of them (or worse, not know what you have, or think you are imagining it) BUT there is hope, hang in there, you can get rid of them but its HARD WORK. There is no easy way to do it - no SINGLE product or spray is going to do it for you - YOU HAVE TO GO INTO ALL OUT ATTACK MODE OR YOU COULD HAVE THEM FOR MONTHS.

OK Im going to tell you what worked for me and I hope it can help some of you BUT you MAY NOT HAVE RODENT MITES (or Bird mites which can be much worse) The first step is FIGURE OUT IF WHAT YOU HAVE. If your symptoms match mine then you have RODENT MITES.

You feel them CRAWLING and you feel them BITING - BUT USUALLY THERE ARE NO BITE MARKS. (sometimes there may be a tiny itchy bite but gos away fast - way less than a flea bite)

IF you have itchy red bites and sores that STAY - they you probably have scabies or something else - BUT my instructions can still help you.

Scabies are WAY EASIER TO GET RID OF - look online.

The theories about Candida and Yeast attracting dust mites are a different and far less horrible mite - they are true, and DIET can help...BUT you probably wouldnt be reading this if you just had a simple Demodex Mite - unless you have an allergic reaction to the feces or somthing like that - HOWEVER my instructions could also apply to dust mites or ANY mite problem.

My experience and tutorial is for those suffering from an all out INFESTATION.

PART 4

OK I read some of you guys feeling some crawling and you are wondering whats up - yes they CANT HURT YOU - but THAT DOESNT MATTER.. They can drive you bonkers especially if you suspect (or believe others that tell you) that ITS ALL IMAGINARY... THESE LITTLE F*KS ARE NO JOKE.

TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY - DONT WAIT FOR THE POPULATION TO EXPLODE - ATTACK NOW!

First - FIGURE OUT WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM - Do you live near mice or rats...? KILL THEM and SPRAY THE HELL OUT OF THIER NESTING ZONES WITH PERMETHRIN AND OTHER SH*T THAT KILLS BUGS.

So lets say the HOST is gone, or a mystery, no nests and you got them on you.. bad..like I did. You feel them on your legs and arms.. face.. you shower and wash and mop and do laundry and they are still there - you have a bad case and they are probably laying eggs - EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE 20 MITES YOU MAY SOON HAVE 200...OR...2000 Then YOU'RE FUCT SO ACT NOW!

You need to THINK LIKE A MITE - they HIDE, they WAIT, they are HARD TO KILL... and (weirdly) THEY ARE FAST.

Now remember - they MOVE AND SEEK A HOST - they hang out near where you are - in your chair, in your bed, in your bathroom, on ALL FLOORS - they wait and they get on you anywhere - YOU HAVE TO CLEAN MANIACALLY...BUT.. YOU CANT RE-INTRODUCE THEM INTO A CLEAN ZONE.

BEST WEAPON IS DAWN DISHWASHING DETERGENT!

These mites CAN LIVE THROUGH A LAUNDRY CYCLE - you kill them BY DRYING HOT AND LONG. Also dont bag up infected clothing or towels and expect them to die in storage - I did that and found that they had MULTIPLIED in a sealed bag and lived for 4 MONTHS!

GET RID OF CARPET (where possible)  Clean hard floors with AMONIA AND BLEACH AND DAWN - Windex fucs em up - I add extra Amonia to my windex and BLAST it everywhere.

MOP LIKE A MTHERFUKER - DAWM AND AMONIA AND BLEACH

DO ALL YOUR LAUNDRY AND OVER DRY IT ON HIGH HEAT - PUT AMONIA IN THE WASH

BAG YOUR CLEAN CLOTHES AND ONLY USE 3 SETS OF CLOTHING

BOMB ROOMS WITH RAID SMOKERS - THEN BOMB AGAIN WITH
HOT SHOT FOGGERS

CLEAN THE HELL OUTTA YOUR CAR AND BOMB IT WITH RAID SMOKERS - THEN BOMB IT AGAIN WITH FOGGERS

WASH YOUR BODY AND HAIR WITH COAL TAR SHAMPOO AND/OR SELSUN BLUE - shave your body if it's hairy - ladies shave the patch, why have a patch anyway :) USE Denorex and/or Psoriatrax

CLEAN ALL SURFACES OVER AND OVER - use the Windex with Amonia, then use Dawn (ultra concentrated - but dilute it)

SOAK YOUR CLOTHES IN DAWN - Dawn KILLS by breaking down the carapace. I just fill a 55 gallon trash can with Dawn and water and soak them clothes, then you dont have to dry as long..  

GET RID OF YOUR MATTRESS - sleep on a new air mattress and a sheet.

HOT TIP - Walk around barefoot - put your forearms down on the floor in infected areas - use your body like a human fly paper to FIND them and KILL them (you CAN kill them in the shower - I use DAWN on my body too) Sit in your computer chair NUDE! YOU WANT THEM ON YOUR BODY - THAT IS HOW YOU GET THEM! Why wear clothes - you cant tell if they are on your clothes, and you just have to do laundry over and over. See people - the reason they are so hard to get rid of is that they hide in the furniture and fabrics - GET RID OF FABRICS AND GET NAKED AND ROLL ON THE FLOOR, THEN SHOWER HARD CORE AND WASH LIKE YOU ARE TRYING TO REMOVE SKIN (but use Coal Tar, Dr. Bronners, Dandruff Shampoo, and DAWN).. I know its sounds crazy but remember - they cant hurt you - just drive you nuts.

PART 5

HERE is why it took me MONTHS to get rid of them. And I'm talking about DOING BATTLE WITH THEM DAY AND NIGHT for months. AND using EVERY known pesticide and herbal remedy, eating tons of Garlic, spraying my body day and night with all sorts of nasty crap - but my mistake was: I UNDERESTIMATED THE LITTLE BASTARDS!

They are fast baby, they can really move, and they have an incredible ability to zero in on your location. Because they are nearly invisible you have the tendency to think they are slow - NO - they move as fast as an ant and they chase you the moment they are separated from you...if you put infected clothes in the laundry room they can make it down the hall and into your room in time to *** with your mind before you can even fall asleep.

CLOTHES ARE YOUR ENEMY- SHEETS ARE YOUR ENEMY

If you wear a pair of pants - even for 5 minutes - DONT PUT THEM IN A BASKET.. PUT THEM IN A SINK WITH DAWN AND WATER.

ALSO - Only use SEALED plastic bags for laundry - NOT CLOTH BAGS.

You MUST SOAK STUFF FOR A LONG TIME (with Dawn, Amonia, Bleach, Etc.) if you want them to die - OR DRY them for a long time on HIGH - They can easily live through a normal laundry cycle - THEY'RE TOUGH MUTHERS!

YOUR CAR - YOUR WORK CHAIR AT WORK... Don't underestimate them, they will hang and wait for you anywhere - Clean your car as if you are trying to sell it - and BOMB the hell out of it.. Raid Fumigator is probably the best but here is the trip with these things:

THEY BUILD IMMUNITY FAST to pesticides - so keep changing up what you are hitting them with - they cant build up immunity to Dawn because it dissolves their shells (Carapace)

DONT BELIEVE "OFFICIAL" LITERATURE about Mites - they dont know jackSHT - Supposedly Rodent Mites will die off after 2-3 weeks without a rodent host - BS! Just try to wait them out if you dont believe me.

PART 6

TOOLS of the MITE KILLING TRADE:

I keep 2 spray bottles on hand at ALL TIMES (even while driving)

DAWN (ultra concentrated) and WATER - 25 percent Dawn
WINDEX and AMONIA 50/50

YOU DONT NEED TO SPEND A BUNCH OF MONEY ON OTHER CRAP.

The best weapon is THE SHOWER (get them on your body, kill them on the shower with Coal Tar and Selsun Blue)

THE KEY IS ISOLATION - Isolate from your clothes - Isolate from your room - MOVE INTO THE KITCHEN WITH AN AIR MATTRESS AND BOMB THE HELL OUTTA YOUR BEDROOM - (first spray Premethin)
The main reason they stick around so long is it's SO easy to clean a room, then re-introduce the mites back to the room.

When you feel one CRAWLING on you DOUSE IT WITH DAWN - right on your skin. BUT REMEMBER Dawn doesnt kill on contact - it takes serveral minutes - leave it wet for a while before wiping it off. Rinse off the Dawn after a while - ALSO PUT WINDEX/AMONIA RIGHT ON YOUR SKIN - change it up. Remember to SOAK your skin for a while in the stuff - then rinse... IT WORKS!

ALSO TEA TREE OIL WORKS GREAT!

Here is another big mistake I made and a lot of others make - they use REPELLANTS (there are many many brands) I even used to make a Garlic Repellant with Olive oil... FORGET IT - DONT REPEL THEM... THEY WILL JUST WAIT UNTIL IT FADES THEN BE RIGHT BACK ON YOU. Instead GET THEM ON YOUR BODY - the shower is the best killing tool - BUT ONLY WITH THE RIGHT STUFF (Coal Tar, Selsun, Dr. Bronners, even DAWN) A regular shower with regular soap - its like a water park to these little pukes.
OF COURSE - My method of ATTRACT them onto your body THEN KILL them in the shower - ONLY MAKES SENSE if the original NEST IS GONE.. Meaning no rodent or bird nest nearby sending you an endless stream of critters.

People - NO DOCTOR CAN HELP YOU - there are a lot of posts in this thread that are just plain WRONG, but the one saying load up on antibiotics isnt just wrong its CRAZY.

YOU HAVE TO GET MILITANT ON THIER AS SES.

OK some of you (especially Doctors) may think I have experienced Morgellons - WRONG - I have found the mites and looked at them under a high powered microscope. ITS VERY HARD TO DO (getting a good specimin) DONT WASTE YOUR TIME - JUST ATTACK.

Doctors dont think anything is REAL unless its in their text books - QUACKS! ESPECIALLY Dermatologists.

ALSO - some of you may think "I dont have rats or birds nest nearby so I cant have these mites... WRONG - they may have walked from a neighbors house or a tree where a nest has been recently abandoned.. You may never find out the source and IT DOESNT MATTER - ATTACK THE MITES.

ABOUT "MORGELLONS" It's very important that those of you with this rare disease DO NOT FOLLOW ANY OF MY ADVICE - you guys have a VERY DIFFERENT PROBLEM that just happens to have vaguely similar symptoms. If you have felt "bugs" UNDER your skin - or seen any small threads or fibers or crystalline structures coming out of your skin DO NOT follow any of my steps or advice - my methods are ONLY for those who are 100 PERCENT SURE THEY HAVE ACTUAL MITES.

In my case - anyone who walked into my house would feel them and get bites. Any of my girlfriends that spent the night would have the exact SAME symptoms (although Mites, like fleas and mosquitos, prefer some people MUCH more than others. Probably because of diet)

Doctors that call Morgellons "Delusional Parasitosis" or Ekbom's Syndrome" are WRONG. It is very real. Here are some links for those who are curious about it or feel they may be afflicted:

http://youtu.be/-YzfJx0kv18

http://youtu.be/-YzfJx0kv18

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

http://youtu.be/xsiJpuARHcE

And please don't listen to any of the conspiracy theory nutjobs that attribute these "Fibers" to some alien source or secret government project - these idiots will fabricate a conspiracy around anything not fully understood or previously documented by science.
TTOistheanswer who said this post - (just above my manifesto) Ok, I am convinced now that this is a yeast problem (candida) for most if not all of us. we all have this crawling and stinging sensation......

You are experiencing something VERY different than myself and 90 percent of the people on this thread (who symptoms appear identical to mine) What you are describing sounds like Morgellons and YES it does seem that Morgellons sufferers should eat a VERY strict diet like those who have Candida.
One more GREAT WEAPON is a TAPE ROLLER (lint roller) Especially when you feel them crawling on your face - probably doesnt work when they are biting (they get down into pores and hair follicles) but when they are walking around on your body a tape roller works great to scoop them up!
By the way - when you get them on a Tape Roller - YOU CAN SEE THEM - even with the naked eye. They look exactly like the period at the end of this sentence.
ATTN MORGELLONS SUFFERERS  Please read all about Mel and his Protocol for healing

http://****/melsprotocol/
howicuredmorgellonsDOT COM/melsprotocol/
I appreciate you sharing your solution and I am very glad I took your advice on the Tea Tree Oil (TTO).  The TTO along with Windex seemed to be the final pieces to the puzzle.  

I modified just a few applications, but the base of what you provided is at the heart of what I did.  Moreover you are so right about the pesticides, etc.  My experience with the pesticides was that it made these horrible, horrible things worse, particularly Raid and Ortho.

In respect to the TTO, I personally went with the straight TTO vs diluting.  I also put it on after my shower and left it on, both morning and night.  I found a good bit of relief this way and it seemed to slow the nasties down tremendously.  I also made a TTO, geranium, alcohol spray that seemed to help a great deal with not reinfecting clean items.  I spray things I know are clean with the combo TTO spray and then I spray things that I think may still have issues with the Windex.

Word of warning about geranium oil, it is insanely strong!  If you think one drop of TTO will do, know that geranium oil is at least 10 times stronger.  I also put TTO and geranium oil in the wash and let it sit as long as possible.  I alternated using TTO and geranium oil and strictly extra strength Windex in the wash and rinse cycles.  

Both Costco and Sams have good deals on huge bottles of the extra strength Windex.  I found pharmaceutical grad TTO at Wal-mart in the vitamin section.  The pharmaceutical grade has an even stronger smell which I do not like, but it several dollars less expensive per bottle than the next closest inexpensive brand, NOW, and it is more powerful and seems to work even better.

The other thing that I have employed is hand held zappers.   I have found these are best solution to make people aware that there is something there and that you are not out of your ever, living, loving mind.  I found one for under $7 at the local big box store and I rather revengefully zap the few remaining mutants every so often.  The biggest thing with the zapper is that it seems to get the ones that are the strongest and farthest jumpers which means there is zero hope of them reproducing at any point in the future.   The crazy strong jumpers also seem to be the ones that hurt the most when they bite.

The first night I had the zapper it was like mini fireworks and highly therapeutic at the same time.  I was super surprised to realize that it was about 70 mutants causing me the most hassle.  Once I go those 70 or so I found the whole crowd started to weaken.  Once that happened and the TTO giving me the peace to sleep soundly I found the whole problem dramatically lessened in about three days.  I still had the crawling sensation and a few bites, but everyday it has gotten less and less and I am now not using TTO, but every few days.  A bonus to the TTO is an itch on my big toe that I have had for years finally seems to be going away

Lastly, I found vacuuming and pouring Windex on the furniture and mattress killed the epicenters.  I figured one way or the other the stuff was either going to be ruined and have to go so why not try.  Plus I have a Tempurpedic bed and Lazy Boy furniture and I am really in no situation to replace such expensive items so it was worth a shot and it worked!

To all those out there reading this, believe me I nearly crippled myself from the exhaustion of not sleeping and the constant cleaning, washing, and vacuuming.  Do not get me wrong you must still do all these very vigilantly and about 5 times more often than one normally would until all settles down (about a month), but that beats the heck out of basically boiling your sheets every night and vacuuming every square inch of the house, the couch, the mattresses, pillows, etc every night and breathing menthol until you want to puck.  Plus you now have a way to address the issue in your car and at work.  I was very lucky and no one at work ever once hinted there was anything at all they could feel and I asked because I was terrified of giving this to anyone else.  My roommate also never felt, but maybe 10 bites the whole time, even when I was feeling about 10 bites or more a minute so I do think a good bite of who they chose has to do with stress and diet.

Again, above all else do not use any of the traditional bug sprays found at the local grocery stores or any type of flea spray that has what the traditional grocery store purchased sprays have in them.  Again, I made this mistake and found that not only did theses nasty things become resistant they became stronger and subsequent uses made them even stronger.  Literally after each application I could feel worse and more bites, but granted some of that may have come from the sprays weakening my immune system.  You really do have to tackle it from both directions, environmental and body.

For someone allergic to TTO you may try mustard powder, I read about that and was going to try until I had so much relief with the combination of TTO, geranium oil, Windex, and zappers.  Do not forget deep cleaning and drying anything you can on uber high heat.  I also got rid of the pillows that I could and washed the remaining ones several times and dried on high heat.    Would have frozen them if I could have, but I have a small freezer.

I think I will have to be diligent, but considering I am sitting on the couch with no bites for hours at a time when two weeks ago I could not get near it without feeling a bite I have real hope.

Again, thank you to all that have offered hope and advice and good luck to all those just starting this battle.  This site should save you hundreds on ineffective strategies and get you on track in very little time vs wasting weeks, months, or even years.  One last thank you to medhelp.com for having the site at all.
105mth Really glad that you have beaten this and thank you for sharing.
We need to hear the success stories so people know that there is a way out of this. TTO does work because its an anti fungal but if you want to get rid of this permanently you will need to boost your immune system.
TRUST ME You need to get rid of the cause of the fungus infection that is attracting these mites or whatever it is that is causing the crawling and stinging.
A simple and natural way you can start which is what I'm doing at the moment is.

1) Half an organic lemon with warm water first thing in the morning. (drink it through a straw so you don't damage teeth)
2) A good probiotic half an hour later
3) (Breakfast). I used greek yogurt low fat with ground flaxseed and berries.
4) cut out sugar completely that includes sodas and fruit juices.
5) Cut down on carbs & dairy (Cheese, milk etc).
6) Drink lots of water (filtered)
7) Try and have a clove of garlic a day.
8) Instead of tea & coffee I now drink ginger root & herbal tea.

The lemon will alkaline your stomach and help your liver detox and clean your skin from inside out & you get a vitamin c boost first thing in the morning so you'll be able to fight the colds and flu better this winter.
The probiotics & yogurt will increase your good bacteria
The ground flaxseed will clean out your stomach.

If you do this within a week you'll have more energy your stress levels will drop your skin will feel great and its even cleared my acne. bonus.

This is what i've been doing after my TTO treatment and am itch free.
Go the natural way don't use chemicals this way you are not hurting yourself and the people around you and trust me you will beat this.

Good luck and again please let us know if it works for you.
This feeling drives me nuts. Ive had this for just about 6months now. I also notice that my right leg alone would spasm in the morning and night. Im constantly flicking my skin as if there is a bug on me and people think im crazy or something. It might've been a coincidence, but just moments before searching up about this, i was flicking an area on my leg while walking and a bug just fell off of me.. im grossed out.
I found a cure and it has really worked on me this last few weeks, my body was covered with that itch feeling and I had some bumps on my head, arms, legs, back and stomach, I felt so dirty because of feeling so itchy all the time.  

I have been reading all remedies and have been to the doctor a few times and nothing worked, until now, I bought a bottle of pure vodka and rubbed it all over my body after I showered and washed my hair before I went to bed, I blow dry my hair and put the vodka on my scalp and comb it in using a clean brush or comb.

The vodka stings at first because of the bumps but when the stinging goes the itch has gone too.

I feel so good now, been doing it for a few weeks now.  I will keep you informed of any changes, hopefully not.  Good Luck all and remember to wash off the vodka next morning or couple hours after you shower.
Lyndadoughertykelly,

I have found what I think is the source of the itching. It is the built up "friendly bacteria" or "benign bacteria" [according to doctors] which has over populated the body. If your dad will begin by using bacteria-killing products like Lysol, for example, which kills 99.99% of bacteria. Also, there are UV lights which kill bacteria. I have read and am not sure, but copper is supposed to kill bacteria.
I used the regular Lysol cleaning products. Betadine may work also, but I couldn't find any to test it. But anything which kills the built-up bacteria in the body will drastically decrease itching and crawling.
It may take time, still. If your dad was bitten by a tick at any time, he could have weakened immune system deficiencies. Bacteria, I've read, eventually becomes cancer.
To help he endocrine system and nervous system, he needs A, B [esp. B6], E, C, GLA, which are all at a Walmart store. Additional water and exericse will also help him get back to a healthier state. If nothing else, get some anti bacterial for his skin. Gayle
I cannot believe I am reading this.  I have been fighting this "bug" thing for 8 months and you wouldn't believe what I've gone through with the "professionals"!  Seems I have "psychotic  breaks" and I need hospitalization.  It also seems that I shed pounds of "dead skin" even though I have no scabbing or dryness.  I also am a "lint" magnet and the one teaching hospital I went to can only put these things under a microscope, they "couldn't" run further testing, besides, "isn't that all there is?"  (Got this answer from the doctor!).

I get these little white things on my body and you can barely see them, they look like wadded up toilet tissue residue, but they aren't! I have baggies and baggies of samples of these things, but don't know what to DO with it!  
Anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to anything.
KarenDaley, Vodka is good. I've used myself. Noxzema will work well also. It's the alcohol which is helping you so much. Ice works and so do other "not nice" products like bleach, ammonia or borax. Peppermint in Selsum Blue shampoo helps. Organix at Walmart makes a Tea tree oil/mint shampoo. I added some mint to it to make it stronger for myself.
I have been suffering with this since Nov 2011. My sister has had this for many years. If you'll take a picture of your skin and can blow it up, you would see white stuff coming out of your skin and other things which look like bacteria and mold may also be involved. I take 2 showers a day, morning and night. I am much better after using anti bacterial products.
Gayle
TM1989, Usually, bed bugs leave three bites. Have you found a solution to your condition?
Gayle
Hey Runner123494, Scientists are finding out that the itchy, crawley feeling is actually bacteria coming out of the skin. The bacteria has overwhelmed the body and has become overgrown, like Ivey or Kudzoo in the south. Use some anti bacterial and anti-viral products on your skin.

I have not found a dr. to believe me here, so I am doing much, much better and showering 2x a day with Lysol. I still use Noxzema and peppermint products to help. But now that I have seen the bacteria on my skin, enlarged in pictures, I have been convinced it is actually not bugs. Yes, the dr. was right. He can't "see" it, because he has been taught, the bacteria is normal. He does not realize it has become overwhelming. The derms I saw, out of 4, none checked my skin. One took a piece out, but, of course, there were no bugs. It was bacteria.
Gayle
Kenneltech2, The white stuff is mold. Also, the "dead skin," does it look like dirt all the time when you wipe it off? Try Lysol products, sanitizing products. Bleach is so harsh and so is ammonia and so is borax and stuff like that. Really, Lysol is probably most gentle and Betadine.

Look up the site safemoldsolutions. There is a pic there of the guy's leg. It has the same white stuff I had but his is all over. Mine was in dots on my legs. I am much, much better now that I have been using a bacteria killer on my skin. Now, I need a dr. to help me clean out the inside.
Gayle
Saurkraut has probiotics in it..and it will kill candida if yu eat a little everyday if you dont mind eating it.  It clears up my bloat and flutuance and might even help with other things that are ailing your stomach or immune system.
yu better let them know the dangers of using vodka and  a blow dryer on hair.  its almost like using hair spray with a match.  Alcohol probably does kill those things but please be careful what yu use on your body.
I'll tell you what really helped me was bagging everything and vinyl covers for my mattress and pillow.  I've tryed everything to rid them on my body but what really seemed to help me was the St Ives exfoliating body wash with sea kelp and mineral salt.   It doesn't cost that much at walmart and if it don't work you can always take it back.  Its all natural.  I think maybe it might have been the salt in the product that kills them or they leave your body and wash down drain..but it sure does work for me.  I use it for shampoo also.  I leave it on my scalp while I wash my body to make sure t hey dont go back to the scalp.  You can use on your face for an exfoliant. I sure hope this helps someone.  Post and let me know if it helped you too.
Okay, So I have just started feeling this strange crawling sensation on me.....Ive been reading up and there seems too be many diffrent ways to tackle this dilema...(windex, TTO, Zapper, etc)....At first I thought it was bed bugs or some type of parasitic "thing" but I cant SEE THEM!!! Its absolutley driving me crazy and it has only been a week...So I'm sorry for all those who have suffered for longer than this....Anyways, I am going to try this TTO(Tea Tree oil) today and see if it really works like everyone says it is.....IM HOPING I CAN BEAT THIS!!!!   I will also give an updated aftermath of this TTO, and if this doesnt work then new product and diffrent process!!!
I know you are all giving out these wonderful remedies, but what if they get in your private areas?  There isn't much you can use there, and it is driving me up the walls!
Hi there!

I have always had this itchy, crawling feeling as a child due to allergies for the most part. I had struggled with bed begs 3 years ago and recently had my apartment checked and turned out clean of bedbugs. I do believe everything that has been posted on this topic is connected. Our natural environment, diet, allergies, hygiene, and harsh chemicals that we created to kill these things. I like the idea that this TTO is natural and I plan to try it out. After all it does seem that we can only be temporarily relieved.

Thanks so much for your research and I will post my result soon! :)
Thank you for your post. I just wanted to let you know that the TTO routine does work but you need to combine it with a no sugar low carb and plenty of probiotics diet that I mentioned in an earlier post. I now only feel itchy when I don't stick to the diet.

What I found helped me the most was.
1) Half an organic lemon with warm water first thing in the morning.
2) Drink plenty of water (filtered)
3) A good probiotic. I use Yakult.
4) Natural greek yogurt with ground flaxseed.

This is an easy list to start rebuilding your immune system and can built on it. It will make a big difference in the way you feel.

I honestly believe that its a combination of all the chemicals, pesticides that is in our food combine that with  antibiotics and stress and that wipes out your good bacteria and the bad ones take over.
So all we need to do is increase the good bacteria so that your immune system can start working properly again.

When the balance is not right your body will need to get rid of toxins somehow and the easiest way is through the skin. Help your liver and kidneys get rid of toxins buy following step 1&2 and within a week you will feel that your skin is feeling a lot healthier and your energy levels have increased.

Guys please stop wasting your time its not bird or rodent mites as they can't complete there cycle without there bird/rodent host.

Good Luck and keep us posted
Hi All,

Another thing for some to consider, as I had the creepy crawlie thing start a few weeks ago, and thought I was losing my mind! I am 47 and recently started using generic Estroblend to try to deal with mood swings and other periomenopausal symptoms.  After deducting and trying different things- flea bombing, anit itch meds and lotions, benedryl, etc,- my mom happened to ask if the Estroblend (Estroven in the vitamin section) had niacin in it.  I checked and it did!, among other herbs that I had never tried before. I have tried taking niacin before and had a bad reaction as far as flushed red terribly itchy spots.  So, I eliminated the Estroblend this past Saturday night, and slept!! no bug feeling and itch!!! I am so pleased, so please check the ingredients on vits, herbs, etc that you are taking. It could very well be a side-effect of something you are ingesting.