Invisible Bugs crawling on skin? Strange sensation...
I posted this info before, but it was a reply to someone else's similar post...

I am a 23 year old healthy male. I recently had a full physical and the results were that I am in above average health. I have no diseases, do not use drugs, but drink on occasion.

Anyways, just started noticing these strange symptoms, within the past few weeks. Nothing "brought it on" so to speak that I can tell of. It's been going on longer, but less noticeable, now since I do not talk sleeping meds any more, it's all that I can notice...

Symptoms are strange sensations on my skin. The sensation is it feels like there are "invisible bugs" crawling on, and/or biting my skin. No actual bites, rashes, bugs, sores, or anything of the nature is ever visible. Occurs more at night, while laying down than any other time. The sensation occurs throughout my entire body, no area is exempt from this sensation, and it seems to be completely random, at times I'll feel it on my arm, then my face, then leg, then arm again, etc, no pattern. The sensation "goes away" once I touch the area (either itch it, brush at it as if there WAS a bug I am brushing off, slap it, or touch it in any way...)

I've heard that various forms of dry skin, or minor allergic reactions to soaps could produce such a problem... I have not changed body soaps, shampoos, or laundry detergent types in quite a while (well before such symptoms) I do not have dry skin, or any type of rash.

Ruled out dry skin

I've read about "Morgellons" (years ago, before it was a mainstream idea) and don't think that is what I have... I have no lesions, sores, boils, wounds, or anything of the sort, and no fibers protruding from anything.

Ruling out Morgellons.

I had read about the possibility of it being bed bugs (from reading sites like this online) so I tore my bedroom apart looking for signs of an infestation, and saw NOTHING. My mattress is brand new, the apartment I live in is also pretty close to brand new. Never the less, not a thing was found, searched mattress, box spring, walls near bed, everything.

Ruled out bed bugs.

The only other thing I've seen it could be is Restless Leg Syndrome. NOT sure about that, but I did hear that that sensation in the legs is a symptom of that, and that in some cases, the skin crawling sensation can occur all over the body, not just the legs, and still be considered RLS.

Undecided about RLS possibility.

The only other things I have going on that MAY be related, is an upper back pain/numbness... unknown cause. Been going on for years though. No diagnosis.

So basically I'm out of ideas, and about to go insane. It's terrible at night not being able to sleep because of that feeling, and not being able to sleep with my girlfriend because I keep her awake with my constant moving around and itching...
Please.. Morgellons may be the cause
take a peek here and read the articles on this topic.
www.morgellonsfocus.com
***@****

Blessings
Pam
hi everyone

i was amaze that there's a topic like this.now knew that im not getting crazy.
because i feel itching everytime im resting at home. i cant sleep properly doctors cant explain my condition. i feel like theres some invi bug getting inside my skin, biting my skin and roaming all round my body. im carrying this feeling almost 7years.

first im thinking that it just insomnia then after 2years im trying to help my self out of this. but it failed. doctors cant help me. even faith healers. theres a time that im thinking someone cursing me. every night i rest i dont know what to do. "sorry for my english"

hope this topic will have more replies, for those people having this strage feeling. dont give up, just up on kickin xD
no one mentioned "Restless leg syndrome" yet - one of the symptoms is a strong feeling of a bug crawling underneath the skin - here is more research into the causes:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/restless-legs-syndrome/DS00191
Spraying windex, pyrethrins, permethrins, lime&sulphur,etc is a waste of time.  Just spraying water has the same effect on this "thing"!  Moisture just quietens them down for a while.

Is it not a bug but some kind of airborne bacteria???

If an expert tells you that it is shaky leg syndrome or any other type of personal illness, stop and think, does this happen all the time or only in the affected places?  If it is only in the affected places then discount any medical or psychological excuse.

For relief from the crawling try an antihistime, something like Zyrtec.  It gave me great relief.

Still on the trail of the cure for this thing, next is to sprinkle borax on the carpets and leave for a week & repeat.  Someone had success with this so it is worth a try.
I have hed this itching thing going on 14 weeks now.it started while i was having sex with a boy outside next to the train tracks and has never stoppedsince. i went to the doctor sid scabies/yeast infection and he gave me steriods 4 pills a day for 5 days which started to take it away but came back after a week. it started out with the feeling of bugs crawling on me then i got these kind of sore bumps in my armpits only and it also felt like my throat glands were bigger as well as my armpit glands. the glands/armpit bumps went away but now it feels like the bugs are goin into my ears and into my nose and now they feel like there going into my anus and i have to use rubbing alcohol to get rid of the stinging and intense itching in that area plus i still have them all over my body to.some times my sleeping partner feels like they have the "itchies" (thats what we named it). now that i got insurance my doctor is not available and to emergency room is futile. i hope someone here finds some kind of cure.
Have any of u ever heard of Diatomaceous Earth? It kills all types of critters that have an exoskeleton by physically cutting their shells and dehydrating them. Read lots of testimonials of how people get relief from mites and even some Morgellons lesions.  Gonna try making a paste with this stuff and apply where itches and wash off after some time. But it can dry skin so gotta take care. God Bless you all!
I am so grateful to have people to talk to about my "invisible bugs" situation. I first encountered this nightmare in the summer of 2009 while living in a house that was infested by pigeons. They lived on the roof of my house. They are filthy, nasty creatures that poop all over everything. I had them exterminated. But the crawling, biting bugs (bird mites) got in the house and infested the carpet. I got rid of them for about six months. First, I sprinkled flea powder on the carpet, then I had a professional exterminator spray every square inch of the carpet.

In March of 2010, I relocated to another state and the bugs appeared in the new place. I had the place bombed twice, but it didn't faze the problem. My entire family is convinced I am suffereing from OCD and wants me to go on meds. I am not crazy. I've never had any mental problems. I have developed some OCD-like behavior because I change my bedsheets daily, shower and change clothes a lot. The tremendous amount of laundry I do exhausts me. The bugs are in my vehicle also.

I am a very level-headed, no-nonsense mature woman, never have been into drugs, drinking, smoking etc. But this nightmare is so overwhelming, it tests my sanity. My doctor prescribed paxil for me, but I'm not about to take dangerous mind-altering drugs when I know the bugs are real.

One thing lead to another and last month, I moved back to my home state to be near my grandkids. Yeah, right, the bugs came with me. In both new places, I was not bothered for about the first five days. Then the same pattern started. Bugs started crawling into my nose, ears, and eyes again. Some nights it was so bad, I slept with the sheet over my head. I know the bugs are real because when I'm not at home I am not plagued by them. If I shower, put on fresh clothes and make it out of the house before slimy, spidery, itchy, static feeling gets on my clothes or arms, I can run my errands or go see a movie without being tormented. Every morning, I strip my bed and wipe down the plastic cover I have on my mattress. Before bed, I wipe it down again and put on the clean sheets. I am usually able to get a good night's sleep. But in the morning, the sheets are slimy and itchy with the buggers again.

This week, I tried something new that seems to be working: I sprinkled flea powder on the carpet--even under the bed. Three days later, I sprinkled Borax (Twenty Mule Team) laundry detergent on the carpet and left it there with the flea powder. Last night I did not feel any bugs crawling on me all night. Today, was the first time in months that I didn't feel like I was being eaten alive while sitting at my computer, The true test will be if I am able to sleep on the same sheets for at least a few days without having to wash them.

Yesterday, I went to birdmites.org and found that my symptoms seem to match what was printed there. I also went to howicuredmorgellons.com and Mel listed some protocols he used to rid himself of morgellons. I don't have morgellons--no sores, visible worms etc.--but I am going to try some of the immune system supplements listed on that site because the constant stress of dealing with the bugs is affecting my health. In the mean time, I am going to contact a bird mite exterminator and see what that costs.

My heart and compassion goes out to all of you. I know your pain. There've been times when this situation depressed me to the point that I felt like I don't know how long I could live this way. I so needed a support group to stay strong and focused and this site gave me hope and the strength to keep fighting this battle. I'll keep you posted as to what is working for me. Thank you for sharing your stories and advice.
I have been expierencing the same things as everyone else and Also feeling like what is going on. Is this a curse.  I have not slept well since 08/19/210. I have had my house fumitaged 6 times and they still exist it quiets down for awhile but then they are back.  I feel them crawling in my nose, mouth and eyes at night when I go to bed.  Mainly my lower legs when I'm sitting down during the day..  I do sometimes feel like sand granules when I feel an itch.  The itch feels like hair being tickeled down my back.  I also feel like these bugs run quickly over my toes or down my back or leg. I have to sleep with an industrial fan on because it blows them off me at night now that it's cold it a little difficult..  I wash my sheets and blankets daily.  I wipe down the plastic on my bed daily with alcohol as I speak right now they are crawling all over my legs in my computer room.  I have tried orange oil and wax and borax on the floor I have hardwood floor and tile in the bathrooms.  They are all over my home, car and cubicle at work.  It seems I am the only one who feels them. Although my freiend also has bites on his buttocks and back.  He does not feel them crawl he has mentioned while helping me clean he has felt one try to crawl quickly in his mustache. I do have some bites on my arms, back and legs.that's why I know I am not going crazy.  They are small they don't look like Morgellons.  I don't have the 4 symtptoms for RLS.  The bites look like bumps which I'm told are bed bug, but the other bites are indentented like a small chunk of skin is gone.  They heal pretty fast I am going on my 7th fumigation.  My fumigator seems to think I should see a Drs.  I have they gave me cream for scabies, which that didn't work.  When I am away from my home I do not feel these sensations.  I have all my clothes in plastic bags.  I am at my wits end please if you can help please do so I will keep you posted as well.  I will most likely be tenting my home that is so expensive.
I have had this problem for years , so it's good to know it's not all in my head. one thing that helps me is potassium . my potassium level was really low so the dr put me on prescription strength potassium. it helps a lot but tends to make me sleepy. If I miss taking it I can tell it almost imediately.I also had stinging sensations all over. as long as I take it twice a day I don't have these symptoms. but if I miss it comes back.you might want to check your potassium level too. it doesn't cure it but it sure does help.
Has anyone had dental problems,kidney stones or lung nodules?This thing is more than just skin deep
I have been to the Dr. for a Crown replacement.  I haven't felt any kidney stones or lung nodules.  Please inform me.
You wouldnt know you had lung nodules or kidney stones without an X ray
I am taking the Kroeger Herb Wormwood Combo and notice a slight difference in activity as well. I was so tired of taking two benadryl at night just to sleep without that crawling sensation.  Unfortunately I noticed that nothing makes it go away completely. Ww really need some answers!!
do a heavy metal detox... do you have amalgam fillings ? how many ??
This is crazy reading all of these - it looks like the last post was quite some time ago.  I had a massive bug infestation of these last summer.  My infant son screamed non-stop in helpless misery.  It was terrifying.  They bite, it hurts - I was covered in a rash.  We moved suddenly.  The not visible bugs never completely went away.  The heat seems to accomodate them.  My body rash is coming back.  My 11 month old son still wakes up every few hours.  My naturopathic doctor had me go buy yellow powdered sulphur at the chinese store.  It is to be mixed (very carefully and only if absolutely necessary)  with a lotion.  9 parts lotion to 1 part sulphur for adults only.  So, 9 tablespoons of lotion with 1 tablespoon of sulphur.  Blend the mixture in a blender.  Use 1/2 tablespoon sulphur for children.  Three days put the mixture all over before bed and shower in the morning.  Kill those suckers!  It is not your imagination.  Take a chinese herb medicine possibly in combination with this to prevent infections of skin (plum flower brand).  Take one with antibiotic properties.  Good Luck!
This is crazy reading all of these - it looks like the last post was quite some time ago.  I had a massive bug infestation of these last summer.  My infant son screamed non-stop in helpless misery.  It was terrifying.  They bite, it hurts - I was covered in a rash.  We moved suddenly.  The not visible bugs never completely went away.  The heat seems to accomodate them.  My body rash is coming back.  My 11 month old son still wakes up every few hours.  My naturopathic doctor had me go buy sulphur at the chinese store.  It is to be mixed (very carefully and only if absolutely necessary)  with a lotion.  9 parts lotion to 1 part sulphur for adults only.  So, 9 tablespoons of lotion with 1 tablespoon of sulphur.  Blend the mixture in a blender.  Use 1/2 tablespoon sulphur for children.  Three days put the mixture all over before bed and shower in the morning.  Kill those suckers!  It is not your imagination.  Take a chinese herb medicine possibly in combination with this to prevent infections of skin (plum flower brand).  Take one with antibiotic properties.  Good Luck!
hey guys hope this helps someone. im a professional spammer and came across this forum cause its pr7 - could use a backlink. anyway, i had them for about a year. i did it all! thought scabees and took those crazy baths, did the clothes thing, shaved all my hair, my room stunk from the chemicals - i isolated myself after six months of this i was in a constant state of hypertension, and started to experience psychological problems that have stayed with me. i could feel them crawling in my eyebrows and i used a magnifying glass to see them, but they were never there. i googled and came up with morgellons disease - until then i never knew what people with psychological problems were talking about. i looked at the pictures of the sufferers of this disease and i wanted to die. i had an anxiety attack and was admitted to the emergecy room where they made me hold a fluffy ball and describe how it felt. i suffered.

one day i read the front page of yahoo, about a guy suffering from a crawling feeling. i read his symptons and they sounded like mine. in the article closing it told of an element found in wine that caused 0x.xx% people to react this way from some trace element.

i drank wine, everyday. i really didnt think it could be so simple, but i quit drinking wine. within a month - it was gone. that was2 years ago. if i drink wine for 2-3 days in a row it comes back.

im not saying you drink wine, but i am saying that its possible you have been taking something in for a long time, something you know is safe, but it may not be safe - it may just be adding up. maybe its a metal from your cooking wear, or even coffee which now effects me in ways it never did in my youth.

but really dont disregard this, i know how bad your suffering. i remember laying there, feeling them, my heart beating like a marathon,and its all gone - they were never there and i think that maybe yours are not there either.

anyway im just gonna post this little tiny www.google.com link to see if this is spamable,
try eating fish eggs. salmon eggs seem to work best for me and i stumbled across this by accident. we went out for sushi one night and i ended up getting about 5 orders of salmon eggs or IKURA in japanese... that's 2 pieces of sushi per serving. that night i was amazed how comfortable i was in bed. no feeling of 'bugs' or tingling while stumbling around bed. i slept like a baby! first i thought it might have been a b 12 deficiency but i tried eating steak and eggs consistently which didnt work. i ended up going to the local japanese shop and buying salmon eggs which can get a little expensive but it works like a charm i tell you.i also quit smoking and started swimming at the local pool which also helped. seriously people, try the salmon eggs, let me know how it goes! hope this helps everyone!
I battled this for months-- creepy/crawly sensation that sometimes reulted in a light pin-***** sensation and left the tiniest faintest dots behind on occasion. It infests all things cloth/carpet/bed/upholstery. After cleaning like crazy for months, the ONLY thing that worked was a product called "Bifen." It is a poison pest control and some states require you have a license to use it but mine didn't-- I just bought it at the Co-op and mixed it with water and sprayed everywhere (I don't have kids or pets to worry about though.) I still had a problem with it in the carpet so I mixed the Bifen in my steam cleaner and ran in and it totally killed them in the carpet. As for my clothes, I didn't want the Bifen near my skin and washing/drying my clothes wasn't killing them, so I bought a deep freezer and did a rotation-- putting my clothes in a week at a time and then keeping them in garbage bags until I got the rest of my house rid of the mites. Also, change your vaccuum bag after each use (go outside to change it and immediately put a plastic bag and seal the used vaccuum bag before throwing away so they don't get out.) You have to treat these things like a bio-hazard. I vacuumed my car and sprayed Bifen in there as well. I haven't found anybody (doctors included) who can tell me what they are, but they are invisible and feel like pin-pricks and have left tiny red dots across my chest, belly, and upper arms that never went away (3 years later.) I used the measures above which are what worked after months of pulling my hair out! Good luck!!!