Is it normal for my labia to still be swollen after sex?
My labia is still swollen from having sex last night, I'm worried! It's normal for my labia to be a little swollen after sex, and it usually goes away in a couple of hours, but after having sex last night, when I woke up the next morning, it was still VERY swollen.  

I'm concerned because not only is it STILL swollen, it is a LOT more swollen than it usually gets after sex.  My labia is BRIGHT RED and VERY swollen, and when I touch it, it's very sore and a little dry.  It's not itchy.

I think it might be because we didn't use lube last night and we should've because the sex was very rough and I was dry.  If this is it I don't think I need to see a doctor, but I'm not too sure because of how long my labia has been swollen and how much more swollen it got this time.  Discharge is normal aside from a very slight tint of yellow.
rough sex and a dry vagina,,,ya id say that would do it....but there are alot,and i mean alot of ladies on here asking the same exact question!!!
id look it up,read more about that issue,and take it easy on "her" lay off the rough stuff for a bit!!
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Yes rough sex on dry vagina can cause bruising and contusion of the labia. Since it is well supplied by blood vessels, the area looks bluish. You can apply a cold compress within 24 hours. Use anti-inflammatory tablets. If the swelling does not subside in another day or two do consult a gynecologist. Refrain from sex until the swelling subsides.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
A related discussion, swollen vagina after getting fingered was started.
Well i had rough  sex last night  and today  i started crying today when i woke up my libia look realy  swolen and  has like littel dots on it  
Idk why is that normal

or can it be hvp and i burrly notice idk im scared