Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Is there a virus going around with a itchy rash
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is there a virus going around with a itchy rash

Does anyone know if a virus is going around that has a itchy rash that looks like chicken pox?
A couple week ago my mother and I were visiting a family member at the hospital. A few days later my mother broke out with a rash resembling chicken pox or poison ivy all over her back and a few bumps on her arms and neck.

Although she hadn't been in contact with any poison ivy, we kinda chalked it up to being this since we had heard you could get it without actually touching it thru the air.
She also felt very run down and had a upset stomach. After about 5 days her rash left.

About a week later I broke out with the exact same type of rash, started out on my back, with a few bumps on my neck and legs. My back was by far the worst hit place with this horrible rash. The rash resembled pus filled pimples and on the second day some would have a raised head on them filled with fluid that itched like crazy until you eventually scratched it causing it to bust. I noticed too that the areas with the worst of these bumps had dark bruises in the form of straight lines running out from them.

I also had a upset stomach, really bad headache, muscle aches and a sore throat.
It is now day 4 and the bumps are leaving just as fast as they came but I am still wondering what this could be.
Does anyone have any ideas?