Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Itch deep inside, under the skin! What is causing it??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Has anyone experienced an itch that is under the skin, deep inside your body? I have a weird itch that sometimes feels like a mild burning sensation or even tickles sometimes in my upper back near my shoulder blade. When i try to scratch i cannot as it is deep inside somewhere. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

It seems that you are having parasthesias. Chronic paresthesia indicates a problem with the functioning of neurons.

Are you a diabetic or do you take alcohol?Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. A diagnostic evaluation by a doctor is necessary to rule these out.

Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Thank you so much for the reply!
No i am not diabetic and i do not drink alcohol. i recently had a blood test and the results were fine.
It is a weird intense sort of itching and doesn't happen all the time. In fact i think i had it a few yrs ago and it lasted on and off for a week.
he only thing i can think of is i recently had the flu and i have mild asthma which is rarely active, perhaps its related to that?