Itching Skin Condition: No rash or other symptoms
My fiance has been itching for a few years now and we dont know why!

Its mainly on his upper body and especially on his chest, neck and scalp.

We've been to the doctor and had some blood tests done which all came back fine. We've also tried cutting out caffine and taking an A-Z vitamin but seen no improvement.

He said he tends to itch more first thing in the morning and also in the evening... but not at work. He is also really sensitive to things touching him, for example if I am near to him and my hair touches his face.

He is not taking any medication except allergy tablets for hayfever during summer. This makes me think that it is not an allergy he is suffering from.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions of things we can try please let me know

Thanks xx
Welcome to the forum!
Dry skin is the commonest cause of generalized itching. Applying a moisturizer and using only soaps that are gentle on the skin is helpful in this case.  Generalized itching can be due to allergy. Common allergens are pollen, mold, dust, pet dander, synthetic fiber, cosmetics or drugs. You must get an allergy test done, either a skin test or RAST, to know what you are allergic to. Fungal infections like tinea corporis and tinea cruris too cause whole body itching along with genital itching. Liver problems too can cause generalized itching. If the itch is only in the exposed part, it can also be due to sun allergy.
Worms in stool are another cause of both anal and general body itch. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Your fiancé should consult his doctor and eliminate these causes either by a discussion with him or by some tests.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!