Itching on hands and feet
I've been having an extreme itch in both my hands and my feet the past couple months. It doesn't seem to be dry skin because lotion doesn't help it. Plus, it just suddenly starts itching and then will just suddenly go away. And it's always just my feet and hands, and it will almost always be at the same time. It also seems to just happen when it's warm. It usually happens when I've been inside for a long time and then go outside into the heat. So, I don't know if it could be something with my sweat glands? Or maybe since I work long hours in a building with no windows and am rarely outside in the sun, it could be a side effect of a Vitamin D deficiency? Usually once I get in my car and get cooled off by the A/C, it goes away. But, it's a pretty irritating itch.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Itchy palms and soles are usually due to sweat dermatitis, hence a lower temperature is enough to take care of it. The other possibility is that it is due to old skin. Get a pedicure and a manicure to see if it helps.
The other possibility is fungal infection which can aslso cause itch that can disappear at a lower temperature.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I'd like a different treatment than just cooler temperatures. I'm going to have to go outside.. I like running, and I don't want to be miserable while doing it. Also, I've been trying Tinactin the past week or so, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. There is nothing visible on my skin.. no redness, no rash, no sores, nothing.
Get your blood sugar tested and thyroid function assessed if there are no sores, no redness etc on the palms and feet. These two conditions can cause itchy palms and soles.
You can apply creams and moisturizers with camphor in it. Also getting a regular pedicure and manicure will help.
Hope these tips help. If symptoms persist consult a skin specialist. Take care!