Itchy Legs and Arms
after i come out of the shower my legs and arms (mainly legs) start to itch. it doesnt seem like much but they itch so much they nearly hurt and i find myself locking my self in my room and crying until it goes away. it can last up to an hour and ive asked my mum if she can take me to the doctors, but shes convinced its an allergy and wont. i have tried every soap or shampoo there is on the market and it wont make a difference... im starting to think im allergic to water!!! but there are no visible signs of irritation so my mum wont believe anything i say and says im just trying to get attention now =(
True.allergy to water with itching is known as Aquagenic pruritus.Your doctor may give you antihistaminics. But you would outgrow this allergy.
Best wishes.
Hot water opens blood vessels and increases circulation. This can cause a tingling and itchy sensation. Try turning the water tempurature down a little or patting down the itchy areas with a very cold cloth. It is very unlikely that you are allergic to water. Hope this helps :o)
Are you using pain medication?