Itchy Rash at Tailbone
I have an extremely itechy rash just to the right of my tailbone (still inside right cheek) that comes & goes. I have never actually been able to see what it looks like but when it is flared up & itching it almost feels like a welt. I had it this same thing about three years ago that i finally went to the doctor for. She gave me a perscription anti-fungal that would only relieve itching for a while but didn't cure anything. I never went back & eventually it did go away. I started having the same problem back in April of this year, I went to a Dermotologist last week and just my luck there was no rash there at the time so she perscribed me locoid lipocream for the itching but didn't diagnose & cure anything. I don't know if this is connected but sometimes my scrotum gets really itchy also. I am at wits end here, please help me.
Welcome to the forum!
Itchy localized rash could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, psoriasis, contact dermatitis or a fungal infection called Tinea. Since your scrotum is also involved at times, chances of it being sweat dermatitis or a Tinea cruris infection is more.
The only thing you can do now is wait for it to flare up and then contact a dermatologist.
Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.