Itchy Scratch/Scab/Scar That Won't Heal
Okay, so in July of 2011 (it is now June of 2012) I was being stupid on my birthday and decided to ride a tricycle down the hill in my mom's backyard, haha. Anyway, her backyard has a lot of trees and bushes. When I rode it down the hill, I fell into a bush and got a pretty good scratch on my lower right leg. Since then (mind you, it has been almost a year!), this thing will not heal. It constantly itches and I give in and scratch it because I have no willpower when it comes to things like that. It bleeds if I itch it enough, obviously. I thought this was weird but I haven't really thought anything of it, I just figured I wasn't letting it heal properly and I didn't consider the amount of time it's actually been since I got it. I was just itching it a few minutes ago and now there's a tiny bump on the scratch as well. I have a regular doctor's appointment for about a month from now so I plan on asking him about it but I'm a huge hypochondriac and keep reading about how wounds that don't heal might be skin cancer or staph. I just need to have some peace of mind for the next month or so... someone please tell me that it's probably not skin cancer! Any possible answers? Thank you so much in advance.
If I was you I wouldn't even mention skin cancer to the Doc. just not to give a bad impression of you on the first appointment :)

to avoid scratching it you need to dress it carefully, so that you won't be able to reach it. keep it clean with alcohol.

have it checked by the Doc. maybe he'll give you antibiotics. infection aside, wounds can itch for years after they are healed because of remodeling of tissues and nerve endings.