Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Itchy bumps between butt cheeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Itchy bumps between butt cheeks

Okay, so about a week ago, I noticed that there's an area of skin on the inside of my right butt cheek that has turned red with a LOT of small, red, & extremely itchy bumps. It seems that most of them have a hair growing out of the center of them, and the ones that don't have white centers. It's not an STD, as I haven't ever had sex. But the only thing that I can think of that could've caused it was my new bikini. I've been swimming out in beaches of Florida and in pools almost every day in the past week. Could I have had a reaction to any of that or something? I'm a 13 year old female, if that matters at all. Please answer quickly with some advice; I'm worried that if I itch it, it will worsen, and I'm getting quite paranoid about this. Thank you. :)
It could be something fungal or an allergic reaction. You should probably see a doctor to have it looked at so it can be treated.
maybe your skin got irritated with the water. you need to consult a dermatologist :)
You could have become irritated there from the sand or something in the water.  I suggest that when you bathe, dry the area very well, then treat it with some baby powder.  And stay out of the water (other than bathing) until it clears up.  If you don't see improvement in a day or two, then go see your doctor.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, it could be an allergic reaction to the bikini you wore. However, it could also be due to any other allergy like that to sanitary pads, tampons or undergarments, any lotion or cream you applied. It can be psoriasis or due to intense rubbing or friction, or eczema or dermatitis. It can be a localized fungal infection too.
There are many water animals and plants including shells etc and even sand which can start an allergic reaction.
It is difficult to diagnose a skin lesion on net. Talk to your mother and consult a skin specialist. Take care!