Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Itchy bumps on groin, butt, arm pit that resemble inflamed mosquito bit...

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Itchy bumps on groin, butt, arm pit that resemble inflamed mosquito bites

Hello, I'm a 22 year old healthy female, living in Canada.  About one month ago, I developed a little rash that covered my hands, and sort of creeped up my forearm.  A few of these little bumps grew in size, and were painfully itchy.  I then developed a bump under each arm pit... they resemble inflamed mosquito bites.  Slowly, they have spread to my innder thigh,, butt and groin area.  I only have about six of these inflamted mosquito bite looking bumps, but they are extremely itchy and wake me up at night.  It's all I can think about.  I went to my doctor and she thought it could be eczema, so she gave me a prescription for a topical steroid.  It doesn't really do much.  I was thinking scabies, because of the location of the bumps, but my boyfriend of five years has no itching, and neither does my family.  As well, I have some itchy places on my back.  I thought it might be an allergy to my laundry detergent, so I switched brands.  I'm not allergic to anything that I am aware of, and this has never happened to me before.  I was thinking it could be dry skin (I live in Alberta... it's been -30 for the past week), but if it's dry skin, why is it that my hands, arm pits, and mostly my butt and groin area are being affected? I am so exhausted from trying to figure out what's causing this... any help?  Again, I am mostly itchy an hour or so after a shower, right before bed, during the night, and in the morning.  Any help would be appreciated.
1 Comment
From your symptoms the possibility of scabies is high. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

What exactly it is can be determined only after examination. So I would suggest you to get it checked from a deramtologist. Hope it helps. Take care and do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.