Aa
A
A
Close
Itchy bumps on groin, butt, arm pit that resemble inflamed mosquito bites
Hello, I'm a 22 year old healthy female, living in Canada.  About one month ago, I developed a little rash that covered my hands, and sort of creeped up my forearm.  A few of these little bumps grew in size, and were painfully itchy.  I then developed a bump under each arm pit... they resemble inflamed mosquito bites.  Slowly, they have spread to my innder thigh,, butt and groin area.  I only have about six of these inflamted mosquito bite looking bumps, but they are extremely itchy and wake me up at night.  It's all I can think about.  I went to my doctor and she thought it could be eczema, so she gave me a prescription for a topical steroid.  It doesn't really do much.  I was thinking scabies, because of the location of the bumps, but my boyfriend of five years has no itching, and neither does my family.  As well, I have some itchy places on my back.  I thought it might be an allergy to my laundry detergent, so I switched brands.  I'm not allergic to anything that I am aware of, and this has never happened to me before.  I was thinking it could be dry skin (I live in Alberta... it's been -30 for the past week), but if it's dry skin, why is it that my hands, arm pits, and mostly my butt and groin area are being affected? I am so exhausted from trying to figure out what's causing this... any help?  Again, I am mostly itchy an hour or so after a shower, right before bed, during the night, and in the morning.  Any help would be appreciated.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
From your symptoms the possibility of scabies is high. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

What exactly it is can be determined only after examination. So I would suggest you to get it checked from a deramtologist. Hope it helps. Take care and do keep me posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources