Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Itchy scab that wont heal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Itchy scab that wont heal

Okay, this is more like an answer. I have been reading these questions about scabs that wont heal. I have a scab on my lower back that is real itchy and pink and has not healed. I noticed it when i was 16 and am now 25. I thought it was ringworm cause it is real itchy. I had gone to my doctor like two years ago and he told me that it was just a regular wound and I have never let it heal properly. Well, I let it go for two years not scratching it for months at a time and it still never went away. I freaked!!!! I went to my doctor last week and made him do a biopsy. I got my results today and he told me that its nothing serious. That I just needed to let it heal. He said not to put anything on it. Just clean it with soap and water. I was putting rubbing alcohol on it and I guess I was just further irritating it. If you have the same symptoms I suggest you get it checked out by a doctor so you can rule out cancer. But it is a slightly raised pink scab. When I scratch it clear stuff comes out. It burns and then scabs again. I am going to try and leave it alone. I hope this helps....

This discussion is related to Wound that won't heal.
I have one on my lower right leg. It's healing kind of but it's been since october of last year and there is still a pin hole there that looks like a tack or something was stuck in me. It bleeds to, and itches. I nicked it shaving but it should have healed by now and I got a really bad sun burn last year like two months before. OMG all these posts are freaking me out. I better get to the MD. You too.
hi,  i have a itchy scab that wont heal. it is under my left ear, right at the bottom. it started as a tare from my kids climbing on me. But that was over a year ago. i didn't think much of it as it only itches a little and a slight rub satisfies the itch. but now i have the same thing happening on my right nipple.  from a scratch from some lumber. if it gets bumped or rubbed it gets swollen. that is when it itches, then it is easier for it get bumped and more swollen. that was a 2 months ago.  last month i had some breathing problems from a cold/flu witch was not letting me get any sleep so i went to the ER to get treatment. but did not think of bring up my sores intill i was already home. They gave me some kind of steroids to take for 4 days.  My ear and nipple healed and for about a week not a problem. then they both came back. right now i'm wearing a bandage over my nipple it keep it from getting bumped as much. i was trying to clean the sore on my nipple everyday but that seem to make things worse. it seems to heal a little then get worse over and over. It oozes plasma and gets very red at the worse of time.
I know i should see a doctor.  It is just that I never real seem to go see one unless it puts a dent in my daily life.
Any  ideas as what this might be?
Some treaments i might try?
Thanks for any kind of input!!