Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Itchy skin ( feels like bugs crawling under skin )

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Can Any one please help ????

Hi i am having problems he says he feels like things r crawling on his skin and causing him to be very itchy. He has no rash or no signs of anything visiable on the skin. This seems to worsen when sitting r lying down. He feels like something is crawling from his feet up his whole body. We have tried cleaning whole house for fear of bugs been in our house.

I have now read on the internet that it is possibly a Parasite in the body or in the skin ????? Does anyone know about this r can you help.
Look to your diet first, too much sugar, caffene.
This seemed to be the beginning of my fibromyalgia. I explained this to my doctor and I was put on neurontin and it helped. I then got the muscle and joint pain and the whole bag of other symptems. Check into fibromyalgia. Good Luck
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It is seen in people who are very anxious and stressed out. Take up yoga, deep breathing exercise, walking  etc to relieve stress. Music and aerobics are also good stress busters. Drink plenty of fluids and water (not caffeine), eat fresh fruits and vegetables and keep yourself busy throughout the day.
Very dry skin and disorders of thyroid gland all can precipitate a crawling sensation.
The other possibility is Morgellons disease often mimics scabies. The disease is  believed to be caused by weak immune systems in people that have contracted the tick-borne Lyme Disease at some point in their life. It can also be a fungal infection like Tinea corporis.
If only legs are affected it can be restless leg syndrome, fungal infection, diabetic neuropathy, Lyme's or contact dermatitis.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!
I was having a problem with my skin, nothing there that was visable, but it was extremely sensitive, clothing and bed sheets anything that touched it was annoying.  I had been on a new drug for my GERD was on it 8 weeks, this started after being on it for 4 weeks.  After I stopped these meds, slowly it went out of my system and now no problems....My question to you is have you started any new meds in the past month?
And do drink enough water, and watch how much laundry det you use in the wash, you would be surprised how much stay on your clothes, which can make you itch...double rinse.
Hope you feel better.
Oh and I forgot the thing that worked the best for me was Lodicane gel, it numbs you can buy it online...also there is an OTC product that works well for itching my doc told me about called SARNA Lotion.  Again Hope this helped and you feel better.
Avatar n tn
Sounds like it could possibly be restless leg syndrome. RLS.  I have it and it is miserable.  Comes on mostly when you are laying down, sitting down or inactive and feels like things are crawling up your legs and you have to try to move constantly.  Dr prescribed Requip and it has worked wonders for me.