Itchy soft palate
I have a very itchy soft palate from time to time. I dont get it all the time, but when I do its very annoying! It usually comes in the nightime when I'm sleeping. I find my tounge trying to soothe the itchiness, and when my tounge is not enough, i stick my finger down my throat and scratch it. I think possibly sticking my finger down throat, once gave my an infection in exactly the same place....it wasnt a pleasant sight! And when I get this, I also have an itching sesation inside my ear! What might this be?

This discussion is related to itching sensation in my gums and soft palate.
I have no idea what causes it, but have had the same issue from time to time.  In our household we use mint (breathmints) for sore throat or nasal drainage when dealing with colds or allergies and found that also helps to get rid of the itching sensation.  
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If there is an itch both in the ear and in the soft palate, then it could be due to either fungal infection or due to some allergy. Extreme dryness as in Sjogren’s syndrome too could be a cause. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!