Jaw clenching and muscle twitching
In November 2005 I been to chomp on my teeth, it is like my muscles in my jaws are twitching.  I have tried to conciouslly stop but I can't. I was wondering if this had something to do with stress or anxiety.  I appreciate any help that you can give me.
TMJ, facial twitching, facial tic, muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, weight gain are signs of magnesium deficiency.
Jeff:
  I had a similar problem with jaw clenching a few years ago. I clenched my jaw 24/7 so tight on one side that I cracked a molar and had to have a crown, then a root canal, and the deep jaw pain continued. The pain brought me to tears and there was nothing I could do to stop the clenching. The oral surgeon determined the clenching was irritating a nerve deep in the jaw not the tooth (so the root canal was not necessary). I tried stopping various medications I was taking for low back injury and pain. When I stopped Paxil (or was it Prozac?) my jaw finally relaxed. A year later I learned the Mayo Clinic had done a study on the side effects like mine caused by the same drug. I had been put on the drug as a trial to help with the back pain and the dose was slowly increased over months and by the time the jaw clenching developed too much time had gone by to suspect the drug as it wasn't new. It snuck up on my slowly for a long time and then all the sudden it was there with a vengeance! Hope that helps.
my son pops his jaw numerous times a day it is a habit now...but I feel it is something more, can anyone help