Kidney Pain?
I've had a problem for quite sometime now.  It's not chronic, but I do experience it a few times a week.  I get this pain which feels like it comes from my left kidney.  Its not sharp, but it is really annoying.  It typically doesn't last very long, and usually if I expell gas it goes away.  So I have been thinking all along that its just gas pressing against something and not to worry about it, but I'm just kinda curious if it could be anything worse.  I don't think it could be a kidney infection because my urine looks and smells fine.  I drink water constantly and stay away from soft drinks and dark liquids that cause kidney stones, so I'm kinda confused.  Does anyone have any ideas?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Kidney disorders are not usually relieved by passing gas.  Your pain may be caused by a bowel disorder that is exaserbated by gas accumulation, or you might just be gassy.  Check with the doc and get a urinalysis done to make sure.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
HELLO NEWGRASS
  I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME SYMPTOMS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW. AT FIRST I THOUGHT I HAD PULLED A MUSCLE. THEN I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE MY KIDNEY SO I STARTED DRINKING CRANBURY JUICE AND THE PAIN WENT AWAY BUT I HAD IN THE MEAN TIME MADE A DOCTORS APPT. DONT YOU KNOW THE PAIN WAS GONE WHEN I WENT FOR MY APPOINTMENT THIS PAST MONDAY AND IT STARTED BACK LAST NIGHT. I AM WAITING FOR LAB RESULTS AND THEN I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH THE RESULTS. MAYBE IT WILL HELP YOU...THANKS
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
Top General Health Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764