Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Kidney pain for last 2 yrs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney pain for last 2 yrs

I have had pain on left side for almost 2 yrs now. There has been blood in my urine. Drs could not find anything wrong then finally after a little over a year an IVP was done Dr. discovered that there was scare tissue in my urter. He did the procedure to clean the scare tissue the pain continued for 2 more months then finally stopped. pain free for 2 1/2 months now the pain is back again. The Dr. did a ct scan in january and said every thing is ok.  I'm not sure where to go now. When the pain first started they had me on moriphine to help with the pain I don't want to get there again. Is there somthing else that can be causing my chronic kidney pain?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
My guess would be the possibility of more scar tissue, honestly.  Like with many other surgeries, when scar tissue is the problem, they hesitate to do anything until they absolutely have to, because it will cause new scar tissue eventually.  

I'd get another opinion if you're not satisfied with the first and see if there are other remedies for the pain - I don't blame you for not wanting to do the morphine thing again.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank