Kidney pain for last 2 yrs
I have had pain on left side for almost 2 yrs now. There has been blood in my urine. Drs could not find anything wrong then finally after a little over a year an IVP was done Dr. discovered that there was scare tissue in my urter. He did the procedure to clean the scare tissue the pain continued for 2 more months then finally stopped. pain free for 2 1/2 months now the pain is back again. The Dr. did a ct scan in january and said every thing is ok.  I'm not sure where to go now. When the pain first started they had me on moriphine to help with the pain I don't want to get there again. Is there somthing else that can be causing my chronic kidney pain?
My guess would be the possibility of more scar tissue, honestly.  Like with many other surgeries, when scar tissue is the problem, they hesitate to do anything until they absolutely have to, because it will cause new scar tissue eventually.  

I'd get another opinion if you're not satisfied with the first and see if there are other remedies for the pain - I don't blame you for not wanting to do the morphine thing again.