Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Kidney stones/Lingering problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Kidney stones/Lingering problems

My daughter was diagnosed with kidney stones last month.  Had message on 2/16 regarding problems.  Since then she still just isn't feeling good. We did only catch 1 stone, not sure if the other is still in there, or not.  Didn't show up on last xray, the stones were too low, she then passed 1 several days after last xray.  Anyway, she keeps having bouts of nausea, and body aches.  Everytime she takes a bath, she gets extremely nauseas.  This is new.  She used to love to take baths, soak, etc... More mornings than not, she wakes up not feeling so well.  After being up awhile she gets better.  Just alot of achiness, and nausea, as well as on/of stomach pain.  Nothing as bad as before, and there is no visible blood in urine, and hasn't been since she did pass that first stone.  Any ideas?  I know myproblem-you've given me alot of advice, does any of this sound familier?  I don't know if it just takes time to get back to normal or what.  I know her body has been through alot the last month, and maybe it's just going to take time, to feel better.  Thanks for any advice!
This really doesn't sound like my experience once the stones passed. I usually felt better within a day or two. The symptoms are concerning though. I can't think why she would feel nauseous when she takes a bath, except maybe she is getting too warm, and it is aggravating the underlying nausea. Is she eating well? Did you get any type of medical coverage yet? It just sounds like there is something else going on. Maybe whatever underlying cause that made the stones. I wish I had more ideas for you, but it sounds like she needs to see a Dr. Maybe some bloodwork would show up an infection ro something. Try to take her to a "free clnic" or the health dept. and see if you can at least get her CBC (complete blod count) done. Fluctuations in the red or white counts can tell a lot.
I didnt have that experience either w/my kidney stone..  I was in severe pain for a few days, I passed mine in 10 days.  I was fine though about the last 5 days.  I did have blood after I passed the stone.  Some people get nauseus & some dont.  I didnt.  But what you describe sounds like a bigger underlying problem.  Good luck
I have had 7 stone 6 in the matter of 6 months I felt horrible the doc kept on telling me that their was nothing wrong with me. Her body is telling her that something isnt right. Mine dose the same thing when I am sick. I know that I am sick before the doctor know it is weird. I had three stone mass production in the matter of two weeks. I had a CT done it was clear then two weeks later they did exploratory and found three stones and exploded them w/ lasor. Make sure they keep doing ct/xray/ultrasounds if she is complaining lower stomach pain, low fevers, and pain in the back lower or mid section (rib area) if she is tiny (like me)Hope this helps