Knee, calf and feet muscles cramps
What is it when the muscles on the side of my knees cramp and my toes cramp constantly.  The muscles in my calves are constantly moving and cramping.  I am on a diuric but this would affect the thigh muscles.  When I am still, I can feel my calves just moving.  Its not like restless leg syndrom.  My doctor told me to drink tonic water as it has quinine in it, but that doesn't help.  Tired of this.  I can hardly put on a pair of shoes and then I'd have to take them off to get my toes together.
If you are taking a diuretic, you may be deficient in potassium. Also I am 70 years old and take calcium supplements for osteoporosis and awhile after I started, I began to have leg (actually foot) cramps at night. Then I found out that calcium needs to be balanced with magnesium, and if the magnesium is low, it can cause leg cramps. I added one magnesium tablet (about 130mg) per day to my 500mg calcium three times daily and the foot cramps went away. (Be aware that magnesium can interact with some medications.)

Another person posted a response to a question about leg cramps and I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting an excerpt from that post that you may find interesting:
Here is the excerpt from the other's post:
"...I also wanted to share something a friend of mine told me who was bed ridden (she's passed away now). She told me that, yes,it sounded stupid and weird but she had stopped the leg cramps she got at night...by putting a bar of soap between her feet at night. I know, we can laugh, but she was a dying woman and she swore on everything you could swear on that it worked. All I know, is if I had the problem, I would figure, what could it hurt to try it? HMM? up to you,, which ever way you go.. wish you answers and the very best..hugs..lainey"

I've also heard about the bar of soap under the sheet at the foot of the bed. There is a doctor who writes a syndicated column that is carried by my local paper. He has received many letters telling him it works. Sure won't hurt to try. I didn't, but my cramps had stopped.

Hugs and Blessings.