Knot under rib cage
My Daughter is 17 & runs Cross County for her high school.  She has developed a knot under her rib cage when she runs & it does not go away until Cross Country season is over.  It hurts & sometime she has trouble breathing because the pain is so bad.  We mentioned it to her Doctor last year & he said it may be a pulled muscle.  Is there anything she can do to make the knot & the pain go away?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A CT scan of the knot shout be done. In all probability it is an epigastric hernia that comes up in times when she is straining herself while running. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral to a surgeon. Other than that it could be a muscle spasm due to acidity and this will go by taking antacids and drugs like omeprazole.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Take care!
hi there, i had something Similar going on with my ribs it wasn’t constant but when the pain hit it was quite bad, this went on for about 6 months in the end I ended up going to A&E and had an x – ray and it turned out that I had a fractured rib!!!  I was a bit confused as I didn’t actually remember having a fall in those 6 months!  The doc at the hospital said it is possible I did it anytime up to 2 years ago (don’t really know how that works lol) anyway the best thing I can say is maybe go to your local Hospital with A&E and ask for an x-ray, it could turn up nothing but it’s worth a shot…….

Hope this helps, good luck 