Knuckle pain
Please help! I am a gymnast and this morning I was tumbling. However after I landed a flip I fell forward putting my hands down in front of me as usual. But once I got up I noticed a pain in my left hand middle finger. I didn't think much was wrong so I moved it around and kind of held it for a minute, then continued tumbling for another hour. Once I got home I started to realize how much it hurt. At this point I knew it wasn't my finger but it was my knuckle. It is not swollen or discolored. But it hurts really bad to move it down and side to side. I'm guessing when I put my hands down that my figure was bent side ways under my other figures and body weight forced on it. What could be wrong here??? What should I do?? Should I get a splint?

This discussion is related to finger knuckle pain.
You may have severely bruised the bone, or fractured it by the force that went on the hand as you landed.

An xray of the hand would be able to show whether you have caused damage to the bone.

In the meantime strap the middle finger to the two either side to immobilise it.  You can apply a lot of natural yogurt to that part and lightly bandage it.  This helps by drawing out the inflammation.  

Keep your weight off that hand too until it is fully healed.

Look after your hands, they are delicate instruments (so I was told by a consultant when my tendons were damaged through overuse - rowing a boat).

Best wishes.

You should probably got to a clinic and have them take a look at it or ice it and splint it for a week and see how that feels and if it doesn't help defiantly go to a doctor.
When there is a problem with a finger, the hospital "splints" it by taping the the ill finger to the next one, this immobilises and keeps the ill finger straight to allow it to receover.  They do the same when there is a problem with a toe as well.

Yogurt and ice as a compress both work because being cold they help to cool the inflamed flesh.

Only an xray would show whether there is any damage to the bone.