Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
LIGHTHEADED and other strange symptoms ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I am 37, male 187 lbs. My journey started about 3 months ago when I was 4 days into a liquid fast. I had just been fired from my job after 11 years (but was not too upset about it). I actually was looking forward to a change. While at a friends house (4th day of fast) I began talking about a subject which got me worked up. I subsequently had an episode which is hard to describe in words other than it felt like a mini nervous breakdown. My blood pressure shot up (I'm sure) and I began thinking a 100 m.p.h. To say the least it was very traumatic. Since that day I have had fatigue, anxiety (which has subsided tremendously) and a foggy head. Two days after this episode I went to the ER, they prescribed BP medication and gave me one Ativan while still there. I went home and began taking the meds, I felt worse and stopped them. I later went to a primary care who prescribed Tenoretic, which I took for two days then stopped (not good I know) on the advice of the nutritionist I began seeing. We did Vitamin C drips twice a week for 5 weeks. I began to recover from the anxiety (BP and fatigue were still high). Anyway, I'll jump ahead ... two months into all of this I began feeling lightheaded while walking (but not while driving for some reason). A drunken sort of feeling that stays with me pretty much all the time. I have had an echocardiagram (with bubbles) .. this revealed a small hole in the upper chambers. The cardiologist said it was nothing to worry about. I've also seen an ENT (ears o.k.). Next is a neuroligst.  Any thought from anyone ?
do u wear glasses?
i just asked a doctor and he told me to have eyes checkedu p again.
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Just wanted to let you know that I too have this lightheaded/dizzy feeling all day long. Funny you should say you don't have it while you are driving because that is what I always say...it's really one of the only times I feel "normal". Anyway, I've been tested for everything under the sun and all came back normal - this has been going on for 1.5 years though. The only thing docs. did come up with is allergies. I was skin tested and found I have SEVERE allergies to ragweed, pollen, dust, mites, etc. On a recent CT they found that my nasal passage is swollen and inflammed due to allergies which they think is causing the feelings of dizziness and lightheadedness. I still find this a little hard to believe, but I guess I need to start trusting docs. or I will go insane thinking this is MS or a brain tumor or something that there is no evidence of. I just started allergy shots with no relief yet, but I am trying to hang in there...it's a TERRIBLE feeling to deal with 24/7. Anyway, I guess I am wondering if you have allergies? Have you been tested?? Do you ever feel like your symptoms are better? Worse? Please keep me posted, I'd be interested to hear how things pan out for you. I hope all turns out well...I'm sure it's nothing serious, but good to make sure.
No, I do not wear glasses at all.
Hi Isalu, thanks for your concern. I have never been tested for allergies. Everything for me was "all of a suudden". I am of course very worried about the possibility of something serious. What tests did you do with a neurologist ? All came back negative ? What about testing for Lyme ?
Hi! Neuro did MRI and CT of brain - both normal.CT of sinus showed right max. cyst, but apparently this is very common and should not be causing any of the dizziness. They also did bloodwork for numerous autoimmune diseases - all which came back normal, including Lymes. Although my dad has Lymes and tested negative for it 2 times before they caught it, but he is fine and 100% symptom free. I also had extensive testing on inner ears including hearing screening, balance testing and VNG. We didn't do too much exploring as far as any heart conditions, but they didn't seem to think that would be causing the problem. Mine also started "all of a sudden" one day a year and a half ago...and the anxiety over it has probably made it much worse, but it's hard not to think it's something serious. I guess I have to keep telling myself that if it were something really serious I would be getting worse, or experiencing other symptoms. But really it's just been the same old dizzy and lightheaded feeling all this time (with an occasional symptom here and there after I drive myself insane by looking online at MS or something and suddenly I think I am experiencing some other symptoms, which I know I am really not). How about you? Any other symptoms? What are you thinking it is? Is it ever better for you, other than when driving??
You've had more tests than I have ! Other symptoms for me are some eye pressure (not much), floaters in vision (I did not have before), some tingling, ear ringing (I had before but not as loud). Here is my email (***@****) if you (isalu) want to contact me directly. It does help to get other people's perspectives. Depending on where you are we might be able to converse on the phone. Anyway, I wish you the best.
I just wanted to add that im feeling the same way you are!! I have been dizzy, Lightheaded for 3 months now!! The doctors have tested me for everything... my iron and thiroid and stuff,,, and they think i have axiety. They wanted me to go on medication,, but i haven't yet. I really don't undrstand how being lightheaded can last so long, It's everyday, non stop!! I have been under some stress, but have delt with bigger things in my life than this so im just really scared something more than that is wrong!! It's nice to know im not alone in this!! I have more appointments this week, and im really considering taking the medication now,,,, i just want this to go AWAY:( If anyone has any advise please let me know. Thanks!!!
I too am struggling with lightheadedness and dizziness  pretty much every day what i found helps is going to a message he said the fluid around my ears were not draining properly so he messaged my neck also an antibiotic from the doctor helped as well could be a middle ear infection or fluid between the ears i also get panick attacks because i feel like im losing it when i get dizzy!
Here's another one.  I get the same way and it really freaks me out.  I'll be doing just fine and all of a sudden I get a tingling sensation in my stomach area, which goes all the way to my toes, get lightheaded, then the anxiety feeling starts.  Sometimes at tnight when I'm asleep I'll just wake up suddenly with this same feeling and stay up for a couple hours until it passes.  Driving me nuts.