Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Left Loin Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Left Loin Pain

Hi Everyone, Just wondered if anyone has had these symptoms.
For over 12 months now I have been getting Left Loin Pain. It radiates from just under the ribs at the back down to almost my hip bone. It also can be at the front feeling as though I have a stitch. The pain is a sharp stabbing pain and it pulsates.
The dr does not seem to think it is kidney related. But I am not convinced. He told me it was some disease and there is nothing they can do for it.  (just can't remember the name)
I have become frustrated with the pain, but unsure if I should see the Drs again. The pain is almost daily, I could be sitting in the lounge chair and it will start. So excercise does not cause the pain.
Some days it is to the point I need to take pain relief.
Have a nice day.
:o)
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The nature of pain does suggest a stone in the urinary system. A CT scan of the abdomen pr an ultrasound should be done and urine examined for blood and pus. Apart from this it could also be colitis or inflammation of colon or Crohn’s disease which is inflammation of small intestine. In females it can be due to ovarian cysts or due to endometriosis too. Please consult your PCP or another one if this one does not listen for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Hello, i have a very similar thing, i get a stabbing pain which began lower down around the bowels so i thought it was something to do with my digestion, then more recently it has moved to below my ribs and lower in my pelvis, i have had an ultrasound, pelvis, kidney and transvaginal, and nothing has come of it, which is good ... but also not helped why i am getting these pains, i woke up with them this morning and havent done anything with my day because of it!

im giving it a while then going back to the doctor i think ... how is yours getting on?
Hi to you both. Thank you both for your replies. I still have daily pain, I have finally gicen into the pain and am ringing for an appointment Monday. Surely there has to be some answers.
The Dr said to me over 12 months ago it was some kind of inflamation (inflammation), but told me I need to live with it and sent me home.
It is time I went and got a second opinion. There has to be a medical answer to this, not just a GP having a guess and not running any tests.
I will let you know what the dr says.
I do hope your pain subsides and that we both get some answers, it is not a nice pain to live with daily.
xx
A related discussion, Flank/loin pain was started.
It seems like some doctors are not worth going to I go see mine at least once a month to be sent away with nothing just let's see what your latest c.t scan shows,
I'm starting to think no one believes me.
I sincerely hope you have better luck than I've been having with this all.
Regards