Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Left Shoulder blade pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Left Shoulder blade pain

Within the last few weeks, I've developed a severve pain in my left shoulder blade, which often extends into the back of my neck/head and into my left arm. The pain tends to be worse at night, especially when lying on my chest or back in bed. I've had a similar pain before, around a year ago, which extended from my stomach up to my right shoulder and hurt more when I breathed deep. I went to the emergency room and they did x-rays and told me I was constipated and this was causing the pain. The pain went away within the next week or so and I haven't experienced anything like it since. I have, as then, been regular with bowel movements and can't see how constipation would cause this pain. It just worries me as I have had no apparent trauma to that area, yet I have had consistant pain there for around three weeks.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Sincerely

Nathan M Waldron
Hi gnat, im actually having the same problem in my right shoulder blade, had it for 3 - 4 weeks also, someone mentioned it may have something to do with my lungs, dont really know, going to the doctor today.  Ive had constipation before and had no trouble with my shoulder blades, very strange to hear of that connection.
Hi!
   I am having a similar pain. Mine is in my right shoulder blade area--just to the left, near the center. It feels alot like pluerisy, which I have had before, but never on the right side. And, when I had the pluerisy, it was a sharp pain in the upper left shoulder in the front--like a knife--that went through to the back shoulder blade area. Maybe there is a chance that we are all experiencing some form of pluerisy. I always got it when the weather changed dramatically...something to do with barometric pressure, someone told me.
I awoke to a pain in my left shoulder blade this morning........and it was more noticeable, also, when I tried to breathe.  I took some Ibuprofen and it has helped some, but the feeling is still there.  Back 1987 (approx) I had a severe muscle spasm in my left shoulder blade extending down my left arm....and ended up in the hospital over it when the emergicare I was going to at the time could not help me get better.  I saw a neurologist and he put me in the hospital to find out what was going on..........I ended having 4 nerve blocks (through my neck)........this helped with all the pain I had had for weeks prior to this........I still had to have some therapy and since I also had trouble using my arm, was able to use it some after this.  I feel this recent uncomfortableness in my shoulder blade could just be a bit of an upset to the muscle that was effected........I sure hope so!!  Good Luck
I had my gallbladder removed almost 3 weeks ago. I was experiencing a kind of pain in the center of my shoulder blade before surgery, and I was blaming on gallbladder, yet after 3 weeks I have that pain most of the times. I asked my surgeon about it, but he said it has nothing to do with gallbladder surgery. He said it could be spinal problem. I went to my PCP. He did x-ray of my spine, everything was negative. So what should I do about it?
Have your Hearts checked. My uncle has been complaining about his shoulders for the past few weeks and went to the chiropractor and it didnt help.  He just had a Major Heart Attack.  So please get checked out.
I have had the pain also in the same way shoulder pain with no reason.so I started studying about it..It is called brusia , fluid collection between the shoulder. that never really goes away..Even when your better you still kinda feel like you havent streched enough , or the severe pain that gets worse at night.. ive read that if a doctor  puts dye that you can actually see it in a MRI. scan  tha reason for this  pain ,it is usually unknown .but it could also could be caused by a old injury.. there is treatment .for it  like taking the fluid out, ib profine ,cortizone and therepy.. i hope this will help you out ..i wish you the best...
So I'm only 14 years old and I was just laying in bed when I felt my left shoulder blade start to hurt. now it's killing me and I can't lay down to get to sleep. And crying puts a whole extra strain on it. Could a person my age have any of these complications above Or is it simply a one night muscel pain? I need help : (
A related discussion, left shoulder pain constipation was started.