Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Left chest pain.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Left chest pain.

I am 20 years old and last night I was sitting down and began to feel sharp pains in my left chest area like I'm being stabbed its hard to describe but very intense. It then spread to my right side and abdomen. It has happened before but usually only for a few minutes this lasted for a few hours, I recent had blood work done and found nothing besides high cholesterol that run in the family i am taking Statin for. Today i feel better but still kind of sore on my left side and what feels like around my heart. Is there any idea of what might be happening here?
Before you might decide to think maybe it's just gas, I recommend going to a doctor to get your heart checked out and then, if that's okay, see a GI specialist.
I agree, don't ignore pain, there's a reason your body makes pain. Start with your family Dr, it could definitely be an upper gi issue, but that's what Dr's are for. I have a hiatal  hernia and it gives me chest pain in the mid-left side, pretty bad at that. One thing you can do in the meantime is keep an eye on your BP and heart rate, but definitely see your Dr.
Thank you both for the replies! I decided to go ahead to the ER. My EKG was better than normal, nothing on the chest X-ray, and all blood work came back normal concerning my heart. The doctor simply just did not have an explanation for what was going on, just that everything was working fine. I still have some pain but am at ease knowing its not my heart.  
Do you get frequent heartburn? Do you get pain when eating certain foods, like ice cream or frozen drinks? If you continue to have these pains ask your Dr about stomach issues as you could have something wrong with your there. Good to know heart workup came out with flying colors!
I suggest you go see a GI doc. Get a second opinion. I had the exact same issue. When I saw the GI doc, a month later, I was in OR getting my gallbladder removed while 3 months pregnant. Good news is my beautiful little has lived to see 7 1/2 miracle years of her life and she is still here with me. She is one of the happiest children you can ever meet. I still have heartburn every now and then. But that's because of certain spicy foods and acidic foods I eat.
I'm glad the heart tests they did came back okay.  Did they also suggest you follow up with your doctor for a nuclear stress test and echocardiogram to be even more thorough?

I hope if you find any association with the pain with certain foods, etc., that ought to be duly considered by your doctor also.