Left shoulder/arm pain, enlarged cervical nodes- HELP
I'm tired of feeling not quite right!

It started about 5 months ago, with L shoulder pain @ the bottom of armpit area, towards the back. It progressed from a burning to chronic dull ache in shoulder and down front of arm. Some days are better than others, but it still remains.

At this time, I noticed 2 nodes (1 right under my ear in jugular area? and one high cervical node). I was hoping it was not connected in some way to the pain, such as cancer. I went to my family Dr. who said the nodes are probably leftover from a previous viral infection. I do seem to recall feeling them years ago too. He said the pain was from overuse or RSI.

After repeated Dr.'s visits, with a CBC that was normal, I even went to the ER twice. They dismissed it as just a repetitive stress injury from my job, which involves sitting in fixed position looking down in microscope and left arm does more repetitive motion than right arm. The ER also said I had anxiety both times and gave me Elavil.

I've made numerous phone calls to my Dr.We had a shoulder xray, chest xray, diagnostic mammogram, a 2nd CBC and everything was normal.

I told the Dr. that I just had another high cervical node (near hairline in back of neck)enlarged in one day, he said he cannot seem to reassure me anymore than he has. (I'm on Elavil too, for anxiety)that he made an appt. with ENT doctor. I went to that appt. on Thursday, and he said he wants a CT scan of head, neck and chest with contrast. He seemed optimistic but he knows I'm worried about lymphoma or cancer. I also itch a lot too.

Any insight?
I have had  Left arm and hand pain for about a year now, and my doctor gave me steroids which helped cover up the symptoms. He is sending me to a neurologist because he thinks it could be nerve damage. Look into that. I went through the awful ER visits too, and being in college; it is difficult to be in pain and study. Even when other people don't believe you, trust your body. If it feels weird,then something is most definitely wrong.