Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Left side of face tingles, feels asleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Left side of face tingles, feels asleep

Hello, I have been having this problem for the past year.  I have been reading some other posts but can't find anyone with exactly the same symptoms.I'm a 25 y/o female and the left side of my face, always the same area, will randomly become tingly and numb as if it is asleep.  The first time I noticed it I thought I was having a stroke and went to ER where the doctor couldn't find anything wrong and it disappeared the next day.  It then came back 2 months later, where it lasted for about a week and a half.  The doctor then diagnosed me with Bell's Palsy.  However, Bell's Palsy, from what I read, is only supposed to happen once in a lifetime if not maybe 5 years or so after the first attack.  Also, my face doesn't droop, my eyelid shuts and there is no rash.  Just numbness.  Sometimes it stings but usually it just feels like the left side of my face is asleep.  I've read that it can be anything from a brain tumor to stress related problems.  After it happened for the week and a half last August it went away for a couple months, but now it is usually around for a week and a half, then goes away for a week and a half, then comes back.  The problem right now for me is I no longer have my medical insurance so at the moment I can't see a doctor.  Does anyone know what the cause could be?  
-2 Comments
I have had the exact same problem but it just started today.  I am 25 yo also.  My mom is freaking out thinking I am having a stroke.  I wonder what it is?
It sounds like it could be "Bells Palsy" My best friend has had it on and off for years. She also has no sign of a rash and her face does not always droop either. Here is a website dedicated to Bells Palsy: www.bellspalsy.ws
Hope it's helpful.
I am 23 and I will randomly have tingles in the left side of my face. Mine comes and goes within seconds, just onces a day, but it usually happens about 3 days in a row. Others believe I have a pinched nerve, but it hasn't been bad enough for me to want to go to the doctor. I hadn't thought about Bells Palsy or a brain tumor, because I haven't had any other symptoms.
I've had the same tingling for the past 3 years.  I'm now 23 and still have yet to find a answer.  I was taken also to the ER in fear it was a stroke.  I've been told it could be related to my birth control... stress... TIA... but I have no brain damage that is related to stroke.  If you have any answers let me know.  It now seems to be getting worse where the tingling goes on the right side of my face under my eye as well!  Good Luck!  I feel your pain! :(
What kinds of medication or vitamins do you all take? I have the same problem, maybe we can find a link. I am 39 /m.
A related discussion, Is it a stroke or a seizure? was started.
I had my whole left side of my body do that and im not even sure why.