Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Left sided chest pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Left sided chest pains

Hi i am 28yr old male and i started having chest pains mainly on left side and blood in saliva for about 2 months now although had experienced latter 6 months earlier and was diagnosed with torn blood vessel from excessive coughing from a cough i can't get rid off for almost 2 years now, blood cleared up after taking antibiotics.

Went to doctor and was told i had reflux took somac and pains disappeared for a few days but slowly resurfaced soon after and became worse then before with pain moving down to left abdomen and a tightening across the chest making it feel hard to breathe.

Went to different doctor and was told it was probably my poor eating habits catching up to me and possible muscle pain in chest, prescribed antibiotics for blood in saliva which cleared it up again and put on somac for 6 weeks and told to come back after medication finished.

Few weeks later went to hospital after experiencing feelings of missed heartbeats and chest pain plus pain down left arm and numbness in fingers. ECG, chest x-ray and numerous blood tests were performed ruling out heart, lungs, blood clots so forth, noticed when doctor prodded me it was tender underneath left breast and very tender on bottom left side rib. Medication runs out in few days and although in last week or so pains have become less frequent and less painful, tenderness in left side is still there and have different aches in behind shoulders and neck occassionaly plus i was diagnosed with arthritis in lower back 6yrs ago which i forgot to mention to doctors plus bright red blood noticed after bowel movements only visible half way through wiping.

Should i go back to doctor or will these pains eventually stop over time?
Tags: cough
1 Comment

The important causes of haemopthysis(blood in saliva) are acute bronchitis,infections like tuberculosis,pneumonia and some lung malignancy.Since you have undergone no. of tests like x-ray and CT chest ,so definitely these possibilities have been ruled out.

Since you are also having the problem of blood in stools,so I think that you need to undergo a comprehensive blood testing profile to rule out any bleeding disorder or clotting disorder.Leukemias also have to be ruled out.Pls consult a physician and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards