Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Left thigh pain, numbness, tingling, burning
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Left thigh pain, numbness, tingling, burning

For the past 2 months i have been suffering with tingling, burning, pain and numbness in my left thigh area.  This started out with me having the odd occurance, but over the past few weeks it has become more severe with my leg going numb frequently and for longer periods of time.  I have also developed lower back pain over the last few days.  I woke up this morning and could hardly stand up as i had severe pain in my thigh area.

I went to the Drs who told me that something must be compressing the nerves on my spine, he has subsequently referred me for physiotherapy and to have some scans and xrays carried out.

However, i am starting to worry already, as my elder brother suffered similar symptoms over a year ago and was diagnosed with a tumour on his spine.  Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Kind regards,

Clare
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I haver the same exact thing and mine is called Spondilosisis. what this is is... a small part of one of the vertebras in your lower spin did not fuse together during growth so when something happens and you0 move the wrong way it pushes the nerves in the spinal cord thru the hole and it pinches them making you leg numb and tingly . Therapy might work, I went in and got spine injections and that helped too . GOOD LUCK
Blank
I am 38 yrs old and experiencing the same thing in my left thigh.   I'm concerned.  It gets better when standing.  If I'm sitting or lying down it gets bad.  If I'm on my feet too long then my back hurts and my leg/legs (I have the same symptoms on both legs but my left leg is 90% worse than my right.  I don't have medical insurance so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. /;(
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
Jul 09 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank