Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Leg, Buttocks, and Testicle Pain/Burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I've read several posts on this site related to my issue.  And wonder if someone can respond or update me on a diagnosis or effective treatment.

Problem: My symptoms consist of chronic leg pain or at times a burning sensation in the souls of my feet, toes, front and back of legs, hips, buttocks, and groin.  The symptoms are present every day and seem to primarily occur in legs.  I've been to half a dozen doctors (neuro, general, chiro) who have each had an opinion.  The latest is that it's a severe case of restless leg syndrome (RLS) and has been treated with neurotin and other meds, including anticonvulsants.  

Tests: MRI's, nerve conduction, Cat scans. Exposure to Herpes Symplex II tested positive about seven years ago, but not external sores have ever been present.  

Treatment: I've stopped taking the RLS drugs which don't take long for my body to build up a resistance. I'm taking valtrex (anti-herpetic) daily to see if it helps the pain/burning symptoms, but it does not seem to help.

Question: Could the symptoms be the result of another condition?  Internal shingles?  Lower back problem (MRI's showed nothing though).  

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
i actually have no idea but if the usual med advise isnt working maybe you should try massage or acupuncture. nothing ventured nothing gained right?

Perhaps you have a disk in your lower back that inflames and pinches the siatic (sciatic) nerve?  "Sciatica, or pain along the sciatic nerve, can cause pain, weakness, numbness and tingling from the lower back down the back of the leg to the toes." Although I believe a disk issue should have been seen by a MRI.  If some relief is found from massage and ibuprofen (which is an anti-spasmotic) it sounds muscle related but it could be that a musle cramp lead to a pinched nerve. I learned recently that when a muscle cramped in my upper back/shoulder area that it pinched a nerve that wouldn't heal or go away until I had a speical Miopathic massage (well one of several). The pain had been  traveling up and down my arm causing burning sensations, numbness in my fingers, etc. previous to the massages I received. Not a single symptom now.
Massage works tremendously actually.  Accupuncture I just started - it seems to make it worse.

Thanks for the ideas.  If anyone else is experiencing this, I'd love to hear about it.  Massage and ibuprofin are the only things that seem to help.
Thank you!  I will look into all of this.  For now the massages are helping...