Leg Cramps
I have severe leg cramps at night .so severe they wake me up and pull my legs to the point they are distorted. Its liike having a major heart attack in my legs. It occurs in both legs sometimes both at the same time.I have to get up and walk around a few minutes to get them calmed down. Very painful. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Welcome to the forum!
Severe cramps in legs can be due to deep vein thrombosis. Angiograms and dopplar studies are diagnostic of the condition. The other possibility is low sodium/potassium/calcium/magnesium in blood. A blood test can rule these out. Get your kidney function, parathyroid gland function and adrenal function tests done because these affect the electrolyte balance in the body. The third possibility is a sleep disorder called restless leg syndrome. You would need to consult a sleep specialist regarding this.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.