Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Leg Pain and Swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg Pain and Swelling

I have had leg pain, tightness and extreme swelling for some time now.  The pain is excrutiating down the inside of my leg.  Around my inner knee and just below that area there is an area of swelling or puffiness that when palpated gives extreme pain.  Pain in my left rear end going down back of leg with extremely tight muscles and then wrapping around the outside of my left leg.  When I walk on the treadmill or even at a moderate pace down the street, the muscle in my left leg just lateral to the shin bone seizes up and gets very agitated.  I have had mris that show some disc bulging in my lower back but have no back pain.  My legs are always tight as if I were a body builder but I never exercise.  Left leg is much worse.

HELP!
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

How are you?

Well without examination I cannot confirm a diagnosis but it sounds like peripheral arterial disease with claudication of the leg and this is leading to extreme pain and swelling.I  sincerely advise you to consult a physician and get MRA (magnetic resonance angiography) of the leg to see if there is any blood clot in the vessels supplying the leg that is causing these symptoms.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional queries.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank