Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Leg Swelling and Lump Above Ankle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Leg Swelling and Lump Above Ankle

My legs have been swollen from the knee's down for a little while, maybe a month.  I also have a lump that seems like a vein jetting out of the outside of my leg above the ankle.  It isn't discolored, and is soft to touch.

I watch my diet very closely because I have a recurring SIBO infection, but I have noticed a little weight gain.  My sodium is pretty low for the average person (so still probably high haha), my protein is high, I eat around 100 carbs a day, and am gluten free (my celiac tests were inconclusive), and lactose intolerant.  I only mention this because I did take some prescription water pills and I work out about an hour every day but that doesn't seem to reduce or increase the swelling.

I'm wondering what this could be?  Should I be extremely concerned about something like a blood clot?  Could this be related to the fact that I haven't been able to intake much fiber (SIBO)?  I'm just throwing out things that have changed recently.
Have you check that what it is like is it painful or hurting to touch. visit your doctor and have screend that to see what it is.
Have you seen a cardiologist?  Edema is a sign of Congestive Heart Failure.  You may not have it, but it would be a good idea to rule it out.
I would worry about a blood clot too since your leg is swollen and the lump too. Is the lump or leg painful and/or red? I would see a doctor about it. They should also figure out if the swelling in the legs is due to a clot or bad circulation or if there is an infection going on. Since it is on both sides It may be something else.
mkh9