Leg pain, spasms, and stiffness
What began as leg/muscle spasms has now become loss of leg use.  My mother started having extreme pain in her left leg about 2 years ago.  She went to the emergency room, had x-rays and visited many, many doctors and no diagnosis was ever given.  She was told early on that she has osteoarthritis but, as I  suffer from rheumatoid arthritis am sure this cannot be what is causing this extreme pain.  Her leg and feet get stiff (feels very hard), she (or anyone else) is not able to bend or move the leg or foot.  She started using a walker and walks "tippy toes", this now appears to be causing the ankles to become crooked.  She has tried massage, deep tissue massage, acupuncture, chiropractic care, nothing has worked and she keeps getting worse.  Lately she has been getting worse and she only gets out of bed to use the restroom.
Sounds neurological too me. Have her get a neuro evaluation.