Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Leg pain upon standing from a seated/crouched position
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leg pain upon standing from a seated/crouched position

About me: 19 years old. 5'10" 195lbs. Weight lift 4x a week and cardio 3x a week.

For the past two years, I've been having leg pains in my left thigh area. It's not as if my muscles are contracting, but it feels as if my nerves are pinched. Hard to explain, except that it hurts really really bad. It comes randomly and out of nowhere. I've been to the doctors and he pretty much said that he cannot do anything because it wasn't hurting when I saw him. He told me to just massage the area with icey-hot and I should be good. However, that has not worked. The stinging pain lasts for about 10-15 minutes. Ex: I sat down and right when I stood up, my left leg felt like it was on fire and I wasn't able to stand up all the way. Sometimes it hurts so bad, I have to stay in that position and try to put all the weight onto my right leg. 15 minutes later, it'll disappear and I'll be fine; able to walk, run, sit, crouch, squat, whichever. Another example: Last year, I drove home from work and pulled into the driveway. As I was getting out, my left leg hurt so I sat back down in the car and waited for a bit. I thought about it and told myself that maybe I was being a wuss and it's all mental. So I pretty much pulled myself up quickly ignoring the pain. Next thing I knew, my mom was outside worried as hell and told me that she found me unconscious on the floor. I blacked out, apparently.

As of now, I've learned to just sit or stay in whichever position and let the pain subside. If anyone knows what it could be, please let me know so I could talk with my doctor and get this fixed.

Thanks,
commissary