Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lesions in small intestines

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lesions in small intestines

I just got a capsule endoscopy (this found the ulcerated lesions and shows the hot spot location of the problem site) and the findings were: ulcerated hemorrhagic lesions in distal jejunum. I am a two time cancer survivor of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, the last bout with Lymphoma it had spread in my small intestines, now almost 10 yrs. later , they find this, they say it highly that the Lymphoma is back, I have low grade fever of 99.9 on daily basis for past 6 months, and with my Oncologist he says, I have no indication of Lymphoma with all the blood work and the Beta 2 marker shows a little above average, which he is not concerned, he says I am good, But in the mean time I have this low grade fever, pain at the right side of my lower abdomen, and with this recent test which was a Cam Endoscopy, which found this problem, my GI doctor feels my Lymphoma has recurred., what do you think? My GI doctor recommends 2 options, 1 - double ballon enteroscopy this maps out where the lesion is vs surgical exploration. Which one should I do first? And the problem area is the same area where I had a bowel resection removing 12 inches of small intestines because it was Lymphoma there. THe earliest that I can get in to see this Dr. that does the double Ballon enteroscopy, is April 24th2008 and I feel that is too late, I think I should go ahead and get the exploration surgery. The bowel resection which removed 12 inches of Lymphoma back in 98 they never did the double Ballon enteroscopy to map out it and they found it, and I was in remission for almost 10 yrs MY QUESTION IS WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
1 Comment
Get a second opinion.