Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Light headed / tingles through body (sort of like electric shock)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Recently I've had some horrible feelings of being light headed & at the same time I get this odd tingle through my whole body.  It's almost like a hot flash without the heat.  I compare it to a very light electric shock.  It's getting to be pretty bad & it's starting to worry me a bit.  I went to the Dr. yesterday & he assumed it was Norovirus because there was an outbreak here in Omaha.  I don't really have the stomach cramps, diarrhea, or nausea that goes along with the Norovirus though.  Has anyone ever experienced something like this?  I was thinking maybe something with an ear infection?  It happens about every 20 to 30 seconds if I'm standing, & it really hits if I stand up from a seated position.  Thanks in advance,

Dennis
Did your doctor tell you to come back if you where not feeling better?If you are still having these symptoms go back to your doctor.Did your doctor prescribe any medicine?You really need to go back to your doctor.These symptoms could be a number of things that are not related to a virus.Call your doctor back and make another appointment.Take care of your self.
He didn't tell me to come back, he just assumed it was that Norovirus I guess.  He just said drink lots of clear liquids.  I'm a pretty healthy 30 year old male, other than FSH Muscular Dystrophy which I don't think this is related to.  It has been almost a full week now with the symptoms, I'm going to try & get into the Dr. again tomorrow & see what he thinks.  Thanks!

Dennis
I agree, these symptoms could be related to many different things. I'd definitely see the doc again, or another doc for a 2nd opinion. Could be vertigo or ear related. Was it a sudden onset of symptoms a week ago? Or did they come on gradually and get worse with time? Has your diet changed or are you taking any new med's?
Could it be anxiety or panic?  It get something like this but its in social situations or anxious situations.
FINALLY! Someone who has the EXACT SAME symptoms as I have!
I get a little dizzy along with a slight electric shock sensation throughout my body when I'm standing and moving. It doesn't happen as much when I'm sitting for a while or laying down. Some days are worse than others, somedays it only happens about 3-4 times. Other days it happens ever 30 seconds or so. This feeling lasts about 2-3 seconds & has almost made me fall down! I don't have any pain when this happens, just a loss of balance & the tingles.

My Dr. has checked out my ears, nose & throat and they seem just fine. He seems to think it might be spine related. But honestly he has no clue. Don't get me wrong, he is an awesome Doc but no one can seem to find out whats going on. No change in meds, no history of any heart problems, blood pressue is great. I'm 33 so they kind of ruled out stroke.....I have NO idea & it's driving me crazy!
If you have any thoughts or if you have found anything out, please let me know. Anyone else out there have this?
I had the norovirus before and that makes you very ill.  It sounds like a panic attack, classic case.  I was having the same thing because my cortisol was to high it is aweful.
I have tried to find someone with the same symptoms. This hits me out of now where and can happen any time. It's like a electric tingling sensation thats goes through my body. I get so scared that I have to lay down. I have been told it is anxiety but they blame everything on that because they have no answers. I wish I could find a doctor that had an answer it seems alot of people have this.
yea i get that feels like i have these tingles all over my feet toes legs stomach back but they feels as if they itch to the touch and it scares me alot but i also am a hypo and I have severe anxiety i always think there is something wrong last n ight i couldnt sleep evrytime i would feel like i was going to i would wake up and i thought my heart was beating irregular and i starting getting pins and needles with hot flashes and heavy breathing for about three hours this went on it all started when i was told i could have a anerism because i went to get a 3d x ray of my neck becasue i got into a accident 4 years ago and im 25 percent impaired so i think thats where it all comes from can something happen
I have been getting the same symptoms as well for the last 7 years. I also thought it was anxiety, but I have been on several anxiety meds and it never relieved the symptoms. Sometimes it's so bad that I go into my own little bubble and am absolutely oblivious to the world around me. It's like I am having an out of body experience. It mostly happens to me when I am sitting or when I am extremely hot, though it does happen when I am standing as well. Never when I am laying down. It makes me feel like I am not myself, or like I'm someone looking into the world but not taking part of it, like my body is a character in a book my mind is reading. Sometimes I also hear whistling through my right ear, like air going through, and my right eye gets cold, like it got blown into softly. This makes me think that I may have a punctured ear drum... My doctor dismisses my symptoms, so I think maybe I should get a second opinion...
I have been having it. Have sever anxiety and ossibly bipolar so started Depakote (valproic acid) I feel as if I touched and electric fence . Up left hand through left ear, out right ear, down to right hand. Doc said I had too high of level of valproic acid in me. I am still rearching. This just happened yeaterday.
Have you had your blood pressure checked ? Im an EMT and I also have suffered from Postural Hypotension .. layman's terms low blood pressure . I went through hell with that a few yrs back I would get dizzy alot and when I would stand my hearing and vision would go and my body went all tingly then I would faint . There are several things that could cause that - internal bleeding , autonomic nervous system are some of the more serious ones . Others things that could be helped w medication that raise your blood pressure also may help . Go to you primary doctor and ask if this might sound helpful . Best of luck to you , I hope you feel better !!!!
I had the electric shock sort of thing coupled with almost panic, hearing distortion (sort of voices), all sorts of crazy stuff after I had whiplash years ago.  It took forever to get better even after going to  a chiropractor for two years.  The regular doctors were no help.

Anyway....just thought I'd mention it in case the problem actually is in your neck.  I re-injure it easily so it doesn't take much of a problem there to cause symptoms.  Now that I know that, I've been to physical therapy a couple of times with great results.
I'm a female age 38 and I started getting the tingling in my hands and feet only and it always happened after a shock or a "start"...  Like when I'm driving and something runs in front of my car... that kind of "start", so I just think my body is reacting to that.  But it's weird how it just "started" out of no where.  I figure it was just about after I had my second daughter and attributed it to body changes.

Yesterday I got the same sensation all over my body while I was in the shower (and I wasn't using Coast soap!) but I think it's because I skipped lunch.  I read it could be hypglycemia which is low blood sugar so maybe that's it.  

I just googled body tingles and came across this.  I thought maybe it was early menopause but you're a man and you have it.  When I told my doctor he had me do blood tests for B12 (I think it was B12, or one of those B's) and they came back normal.  So I have no idea what it is but just wanted you all to know you're not alone.

Rebecca
i am having electrical feeling going through my whole body.Along with itching all over my body ,following by rapid heart beet and pain in the back of my neck and shoulder .the electric shock takes about 3 sec going through my body ,there for following by cramps in my legs and i cant sleep at night because of this feelings,although ,i went to 7 doctors and he run every test he can think of and even a lumber puncher and nothing seems to work .Some time my eyes get watery and light head ace and all so runny noise.some one please write me back if any has an answer ,help please

Angie
Hi Omaha,

I am posting this comment because I had a similar thing happen to me this morning. That's why I am on the Internet looking for answers to my problem. Here's my story.

I was installing a new amp for my stereo system and was kneeling down on the carpet. When I reached into the cabinet for a wire, I felt a sharp, almost shock like sensation, travel from my right hand through my body and ending at my left hand. I jumped back, thinking it was an electrical shock. Then I was hesitant to put my hand back into the cabinet, as you can only imagine. Then I got brave and told myself I was imagining things. I reached in with some hesitation and no shock effect was felt, at least very little. Later this day, I was cleaning a mirror for my wife with my right hand and felt the same sensation as previously but, not as powerful. So, I thought I would change to my left hand for cleaning the mirror and the same sensation traveled from my left hand to my right. I am not a doctor but, I believe it has something to do with nerves in the back. Reaching, twisting and plain old working can cause this. I don't know if my problem will get worse of eventually take care of it's self.  Only time will tell.  Maybe some of us out the just have magnetic personalities.  LOL. Fireman451
i took a tb shot and then a day later i started feeling this electric shock feeling going thru my whole body, mostly in my lower body, but i still feel it every else , and thats been going for about 3 months now, and its not stopping it happens mostly when i sit down, and sometimes when i try to sleep at night, not painfull but very irritating or should i say annoying, i don't know what that is cause i never felt that before, can someone please help and tell me can that cause something really bad to me, and last thing i feel it most in my thigh
Hi everyone,  I had 2 episodes of acute electric shocks juddering through my body, both at night time. 20 yrs ago. Very scary. When they stopped I was confused for about 5 minutes. I was under severe stress at both times (divorce, family deaths, losing house etc).     I made myself calm down and take life a bit slower.  I then started learning Tai Chi.   I thought at the time that all the talk about 'being grounded' was new age nonsense, but now I feel that is just what happens when you do Tai Ji.  We are electric bodies and need the electricity earthing just like in a plug. I am now 60 and don't even have those tiny static electricity shocks any more.Hope this helps someone.

I spoke to a Physical Therapist doctoral candidate earlier about this problem; although, what he told me makes sense, his english isn't that great.  Anyway, it sounds like this has to do with the nervous system.  He suggested seeing an orthopedic surgeoin / sports medicine specialist (which someone above also recommended) or at the very least an internal medicine doctor; in any event, I am also thinking someone that specializes in the nervous system / brain area, such as a neurologist or neuro suregon would be better able to help.  An ortho surgeon would take x-rays / mri.

In any event, I hope everyone gets better and posts replies if they find remedies.  I am also thinking that many people here, like myself, are not taking the best care of themselves and leading healthy and relaxing lifestyles.  Best of luck.

P.S. I hope you all have medical insurance, just in case.

Those are my exact symptoms, and I guess they are all classic panic symptoms, or at least I am told. My skin itches, I am breaking out, I just started a new thing where (I guess because I am a grinder) I drool at night to the point where I have cracked red marks in the corners of my mouth, electric shock that goes through my body (it starts in the heart, and I jolt upright and out of bed), muscle cramps in the legs, feet, neck, and shoulders, can't catch my breath, ear pain, headaches, dizziness. Sometimes I am afraid to do anything, especially when it involves going to sleep. I also feel like I am not draining fluids properly from my head. Sometimes my anxiety meds work, but not often enough. A lot of my symptoms (like the headaches and arm numbness) are on the left side, which really scares me. It gets so bad that my thumb has developed a 'weak twicth'. It just starts moving for no reason, yet feels really tired. I am pretty much at a loss. This has been four years now.
I have been having this 'tingly' electric shock feeling for a few years.  Thought it was anxiety too.  Spoke to a woman at Curves yesterday and she said that the tingly feeling was uncommon, but a symptom of menopause.  I have been told that I'm not even peri-menopausal, but I don't have much faith in the blood tests for the hormones because they change daily.  There is considerable family stress and that may be contributing to the problem.  Also, I am weaning myself off of celexa...not nice.  I have yet been able to describe to my or my doctor's satisfaction this feeling, but after reading these posts I hope to rectify that.  Will post again if I find out anything definitive.  My cousin told me about having a tingle and dizzy (but not a spinning dizzy, a side to side dizzy) that is a silent migraine.  Who knows???
THis has all been happening since i found out i was B12 deficent... I've started taking 1200 mg of B12 and now i have this electrical feeling... got rid of the tingly hands and feet but now i'm electric!...lol ugh.
I recently had only one episode of something similar, and came looking for answers on the Internet.

I was lying in bed a few minutes after lying down, about to go to sleep. I had been having a few episodes of dizziness over preceding days, possibly associated with low blood pressure, although that is not well-established. Suddely, I felt as if I might pass out, and an electric tingle traveled from my neck to my feet. It only took 1 to 2 seconds! I have not experienced it since.

I do not have anxiety or other similar problems. It was a startling feeling, almost scary.
does any one that experianses thes problems drink a lot of alcohol cuz i have the same **** and i am a alcoholic also i am labeled depressed and have not took my meds for about a week could this have something to do with it?
I have exaccly same problem i have had it for 3 years and im only 15 its so anoying
Ok.   this is weird.   I use to live in the country in a single wide mobile home that has "tin" on the outside (roof, walls).  At night when I slept, I felt a electrical current moving throughout my entire body.  Like a light switch it would turn on and off (every second).    I lived there for 10 years, but never spoke about it to anyone because I thought it was the electricity in the area was higher at night since it was not used like it would be during the day.    NOW, I live in a condo, which is built out of wood/brick. lol.    Either way, I'm still having those feelings of a electrical current running through my body like a light switch.    I don't have any health problems!    My BP is always normal.    I am 47 and had a hysterectomy in 2005.   Not on any Medications.     So, Why do I feel electricity?  Its always in the in weee  hours of the mornings, just before my alarm clock goes off.  Right when I'm becoming conscience enough to know that its morning.   Do I need to do a sleep study?
I am having the electric current through about mid body up through my head almost like a dizziness and I feel semi-disoriented for a moment. I thought is was odd and then one day when I was changing my hallogen light bulbs (the long tube ones in garage)  I was setting one down and touched the end prong and lit the light bulb (not connected to anything) with my hand? It really freaked me out and now it seems like its getting stronger (current wise). I know we can hold electricity, like shocking someone with your finger...but that was really strange to me. If anyone has any insight, I am interested in hearing.
So glad to have found I am not the only one having these symptoms, and I think I have just found out what is causing them - well, mine at least. Last week I was hospitalised as an emergency admission - I'm fine now, but have had these electric shock feelings since I came home. I found another link on this site saying the symptons are related to withdrawl (withdrawal) of Seroplex -  I have been taking these anti-depressants for around a year now and have been gradually reducing the dose in the hope of getting off them by Christmas, however I haven't taken any since being admitted to hospital last week.

After reading the link here this morning I decided to re-start the Seroplex just to see if thats what's causing my symptoms. Within an hour I was beginning to feel better, and now, 7 hours later I am feeling the best I have felt since stopping them. The only trouble now is how to get off the Seroplex - I'm pretty sure I don't need them for depression anymore, but these electric shocks are something else and pretty unpleasant. I will start to wean them very very gradually and keep you posted as to the outcome. Thanks to those who have contributed to this forum - you've done me a great service.
I'm on this site because I'm looking for a solution to this very scary spike ticgle sensation I have when I turn my head or moving. I think your comment explains it best as I recently stopped taking an anti depressant called Lexamil (8 months of use). I think that must be it, causing havoc on my nervous system.

Just wish I know how long it would take to get this stuff out my system and hope it doesn't have any complications on organs... worried about heart. I'm 29.

have you recently gone of anti depressants? because that happened to me when i did
I've been worried for a few months now because I was getting what felt like a pulsing electric current through my body. It seems to be triggered (for me) by extreme body heat. I get light headed and drowsy/listless and then the shocks start. It seems to start with my left foot and work its way through the rest of my body. Mostly when I'm walking. Feels like its going in sync with my pulse. Sometimes the shock is so much that if I'm holding anything with my left hand my hand will temporarily release/spasm. I get the same body itch that people describe in above comments. Only med that I'm on is for depression (Effexor). I've had panic/anxiety attacks before and this is different, random. Not sure if it has something to do with a nerve. First time I noticed it was when I was taking a really hot shower to relax my muscles after a long day at work. Now when I get really warm I start getting the electric pulse/tingle. Hopefully someone will figure out what this is exactly and let the rest of us know so we have a clue as to what we should talk to our doctors about since we all seem to have the problem with doctors either misdiagnosing or dismissing our concerns.
I started experiencing tingling throughout my body 2 weeks after I raked the leaves in my backyard. The next day I woke up with stiff bones in my arms and legs. That subsided but I was left with knee and elbow pain, then the tingling started and it has not let up. I stopped several of my medications, lipitor, diovan as instructed by my physician but that did not help. I went to a neurologist and he did an EMG, MRI of my brain and cervical spine and did not find anything. I was tested for lupus, rheumotoid arthritis and Lymes disease, all negative. Any ideas? Thanks.
ive been having these feeling since i was a child but mainly only when i get run down or sick i have had them when im not but nothing compared to when i am ive just started having them again when i am walking or working they seem to come and go but when i relax they are constant i hope someone has an answer to this because as someone said its rather annoying but also when i was a child i remeber it getting so bad that it was painfull
I started getting these electric shocks throughout my whole body when I was lying in bed.  I started some research on my own, because I refuse to go to the Dr.  All of my research led me to the conclusion that I have a Vitamin B-12 deficiency.  I started taking 2400 mcg's of sublingual B-12 twice a day, and all my symtoms (symptoms), and shocks have subsided.  If I miss a day or two my symtoms (symptoms) return.  Hope this info helps everyone.  You have to take the sublingual type of B-12 instead of the kind you swallow, because stomach acid distroys the effectiveness of this vitamin.  I keep a small bag of them in my purse, so I can take them even when I'm away from home.  I buy mine at Walgreens, or Wal-Mart.  Adjust your own dosage, as needed.
  I have had the feeling of electricity going through my body.  I think I might have a pinched nerve or maybe it's my anxiety acting up.  I thought I could also describe it as little seizures, the shock goes through your body and it's actually your nerves tensing up from head to toe, you have no control of the moment.  It's scary, I'm going to see my Doctor soon.
I've been wondering about these electrical like pulses too... If I forget to take my zoloft pill for my anxiety, the next day I'll have them all day long especially when I execise!
I am an alternative healer and I have had many people come to me with similar issues.  I hope you find this helpful.  Taking antidepressants affects your brain and nervous system.  For others it is the combination of drugs and eating white sugar that begins to destroy the nervous system.  The person who wrote that tai chi helped them was describing a very effective way to heal it.  Also the B-12 works because it rebuilds the nerve fiber and over time will heal the effects of white sugar and drugs taken.  If you do not have a blood sugar (high or low) issue, and your blood pressure is normal, then this is quite possibly the culprit.  Quit the white sugar, also white flour, soda pop, fake sugars and eat rapidura sugar, agave or stevia.  Eat meats without antibiotics or hormones, which also affect you.  Take 3 T of Blackstrap molasses each day.  If you don't like that taste, you can mix it into milk or soy milk or rice milk and it tastes like a chocolate/caramel milk.  It's pretty good.  In spiritual terms, your spirit and your body are not in harmony, because the drugs and foods you are eating don't allow your spiritual energy to integrate into your body.  The combination of increased B vitamins, change in diet and tai chi will heal this issue and release you from the causes of depression and poor diet. There may be additional dietary issues.   To get the right combination for you, see a chinese acupuncturist, naturopath, or other holistic practitioner who can guide you through your specific healing.

Blessings to you all.
dont worry, ive had this exact same thing since i was very young. i used to turn to my mum and say, "uh oh, im having that feeling again". so, heres how i best describe these 'electrical pulses';

sometimes i can go months without having one of these weird 'feelings' and then all of a sudden, they come in waves. once i've had one then i know im in for a few hours of the same thing, on and off. they never last more than about 15-20 seconds each time.

its like a strange sensation in my upper chest, or even really low down my throat (the 'V' shape at the base of the neck), and most of the time the pulses go in time with my heart beat. ive had this for so long that i know the exact feeling of when it starts. when i know its about to happen, i sort of brace myself and think to to myself 'ok, here we go, its happening'. it starts off quite weak and gradually gains strength and sends thumping pulses through my body and the pulses get stronger until it eventually subsides. as it subsides i get slight body jerks or twitches, only noticable by me, which is just my bodys way of getting rid of the excess electricity. while this is happening i dont really feel connected to the world around me and whats even stranger is that my mouth starts to go nuts and produce loads of salia. this is what makes me sure its something to do with my body's electricity regulation. something is stimulating my saliva glands to work overtime. after the waves of pulses subside i notice that i need to breathe deeply a few times. this is because during the electric pulses i have noticed that i forget to breathe. if i embrace the feeling and conentrate on my breathing throughout, i dont need to take deep 'phew, its over' breaths at the end. my body also gets hot and cold flushes afterwards and sometimes my eyes feel cold. this is because they slightly water during the episode and so the evaporating water produces a cooling sensation.

please dont worry about crazy diseases or a wacky nervous system. i have had this for so long that i know how to regulate it when it randomly appears. its all about your body's mineral / ion balance. i havent quite narrowed it down to which mineral it is, or maybe its even low blood sugar because if i've been having these feelings, i eat a balanced meal with some carbs, veg and a bit of salt for sodium intake, after a while the feelings subside.

i know how horrible it can feel during these feelings, trust me i've had them in the most inappropriate times, it almost diverts your mind so much it can be a real pain in the ***. im a sportsman and play to a high level, and sometimes get them during matches. you just gotta accept they are a result of an inbalance in your body, and its only you that knows its happening. think of it as your OWN feeling and nobody knows your having it except you. strangely enough my school friend also had it, and i knew exactly how she felt, only people that experience it do!

i had an ecg when i was in my early teens at great ormond street hospital to try and get to the bottom it, they attached electrodes to my head and all sorts and told me that when i had this feeling to press a button next to my bed. the button set a time marker on my ecg reading and therefore the doctors could cross reference and check my brain activity at the exact time of these feelings. luckily i had 2 episodes whilst i was there, and they could see no difference in brain activity at all. im telling you, its all down to mineral and ion regulation in your body. this is why it doesn't surprise me that so many people posting on here are on/off/on/off different medications. of course they will affect your bodys electrical conductance.

hope this helps
I can't believe I found this blog.  I have had this for a while now and seems to be getting worse, not in intensity but the frequency.  If anyone of you have the interest, but I have Fibromyalgia, and my doctor seems to think this is a "side effect" of that.  Also, I notice the trend with anti depressents.  I am so glad to see I am not the only one.  I thought I was going bonkers!  If anyone finds a cure, please post it here!!!!  

Thank you from Hawaii
Amazing. I have just recently started getting these sensation, out of nowhere and for no perceivable reason. Some are more powerful than others, and I have a history of lightheadedness, occasionally to the point where I seem to loose vision, but I always thought that this was due to low blood pressure. I am quite tall (6' 4"), and sure that low blood pressure is normal in these cases. Not sure why though, think the doc told me. Anyway, perhaps there is nothing discernibly the matter with us? Maybe there is something else going on here? We are complex creatures and nothing like this is straight  forward. My guess is that it would be something to do with the brain, or the spine, as suggested earlier. Still ... Think I am gonna ring the surgery in the morning and make an appointment. Let you know what he thinks. Hopefully it's a precursor of some kind of superpower........    
Ok so My boyfriend has had the exact symptoms started off withh the dizzinesss sick feeling etc.... we have been together six years and now most recently the shocks. before the shocks began he would describe his brain like sqishing in and the feeeling of wanting to faint. was mostly while driving but now happens all the time. Like i said the shocks have been for about a year now but have been getting worse the last couple of months. now this has put a serious toll on our relationship because he is unable to alot of thing and cant seem to keep a job longer than 2 years because it seems to act up every couple years(always there but acts up). he has been to over 30 drs if not more for everything you can think of the number 1 answer he gets is extreme anxiety! but here lies the problem none of the medications work. i too have told him its a mental thing but that is not what you guys want to here, I know. he also gets  like tiks while hes driving like his mouth will start twitching used to be while  driving but happens now just while chilling. I dont know what to do he is starting to get to the point where i just know he is going to be calling into work again to go to the drs as a living again, which does not pay the bills! anybody have suggestions
i have been suffering these symptoms of electric tingles and the feeling of channeling electricity like it was running through my body for around 5 years now and have found tramadol pain tablet seems to make it dissapear.
Been having the same thing. Started a couple weeks ago. Mostly when im standing. Feels like an electric pulse shooting threw the back of my head and down threw my body that lasts for a second or two. Doesn't seem to do it somedays as much, then others it happens alot. Been happening more and more lately and im starting to get a little concered. Im 25 and not on any medication and haven't been for sometime.
I have this too. Quite often. I am on NO medications to withdraw from.  I see a naturopath.  I do have firbromyalgia and Severe Alpha intrusions as well as arthritis as well as insomnia and IBS.  My Gaba and other inhibitors are too high and my hormones too low. I am a cancer survivor. I suffer from severe Adrenal fatigue as well and Anxiety (physiological, not psychological) from the inability to produce cortisol

I have a friend who is a neurologist who said to have platelets checked as well as lupus anti-coagulants and ATI or something like that. As well as am EEG and a test for Ciliac (sp)

I hopes this information helps  

It could also be Migraine Ora...  My twin has tonic colonic seizures as well

I am off to the ER, I collapsed today and my vision is blacking out

I am 31 years old

I hopes this information helps  

I am 31 years old

BTW,
I just got back from the ER who said that the symptoms where from hyperventilating (which I was not and don't).
They released me with no treatment.
NEVER go to the ER for this, they are A$$es and don't give a crap.
My symptoms often accompany a Migraine, and they would not even treat that.
Emanuel Hospital in Portland Oregon. NEVER go there if you want help.
Its my second day this has happened to me, I go to sleep at around 12 and wake up at 3am with a shocking sensation in my whole body, and feeling restless. Everything I touch feels really strange like shocking and cold at the same time. It stoppes if i dont touch anything but starts again if I move under the sheets. It doesn`t hurt me but it`s a very uncomforable feeling. I am 25. It used to happen to me when I used to smoke weed and get really stoned. I had a good night out last week and i think the water in my ears is unbalanced which is making me dizzy. What the hell is happining. I am really stressed out at the moment so im hoping its just a slight panick attack or something like that. Any help before i freak out
Wow...this has been happening to me so much recently. It seems that it starts once I get up from a prone position. When I'm laying down I'm fine, so when I wake up in the morning I get up from bed and I'm fine. I go to my kitchen and start making breakfast for my family and I'll turn my head and I get a series of "electrical shocks" everywhere in my head, neck, arms, hands, legs and feet. It just travels throughout my entire body and lasts for a couple seconds. But it keeps happening. So a minute after the first one there will be another and another and it will be like that all day. I've been having them happen to me real bad for the past 3 days. It's getting to the point where the "shocks" are making my mind feel like it's studdering....it takes me a few seconds to get myself together. I hate this feeling....I'm glad to see I'm not alone.
I had a  seizer in nov it made me pass out and it was the most scary thing that ever happened to me my brain felt like it was being shocked over and over i went and had a ekg preformed i found out i have post tramatic brain seizers they put me on tegrodol and want to see me again so i alpyed for ssi i cant drive and this offten happens to me when i go to sleep the smalll shockings and well im not right i stare off into space and droll sometomes im not my self anymore im 39 years old [ do you or anyone think that i will reaceave SSI
I have also been suffering shocks. I smoke cigarettes and was interested to know if anybody else does? As was concerned that this may be related.
Same thing here it flashes thru my whole body. When it hits my brain my vision goes out for 1 milisecond. Have it whole walking and standing. Its like à fast wave. Started to have it after i didnt sleep for à whole 24 hrs. It Started in the morning and hasnt stopped after 12 hrs went to sleep and it didnt stop. I have medicale history of zoloft and ritaline.
I have also had something similar which if I concentrate hard enough I can actually bring it on! It's like a hot flash of electric through the skin of my entire body which radiates from my feet through to my head and finger tips, mine are very intense though and last from 10 seconds to a minute or so, my doctor tried to tel me it was anxiety but I don't have any other symptom of it and don't feel anxious at any point it happens? I have noticed I also affect the tv and radio when this happens as if it is some kind of electrical discharge in the body? Without sounding too crazy!!! Lol
im 25 i have been having these electric feelings all over my body in pulses. didnt think much of it until my girl friend said to me one day that she was getting this electric shock feeling through her should which was touching me during an "episode" she didnt know i had these sensations at the time.
im on no medication dont drink or smoke.
but i have been having these feelings since i was a little kid.
no idea what causes it comes on randomly.
I feel relieved to find others with the same symptoms. I too have the tingling/electrical sensations along with dizzy/ lightheaded episodes. When I feel the electric sensations it seems to coincide with my pulse. It's not painful very light. I have migraines and bulging discs in my neck. I too wondered if it was related to a pinched nerve, but was glad to hear others confirm that stopping anti-depressants played a part. I stopped mine and these symptoms started. I was initially put on those meds for migraine prevention. I also eat so terrible, lots of sugar. I am gonna start taking the B-12 and eating better to see if it helps. I don't want to have to start the anti-depressants again:(
I think I have your answer.  I am not a doctor.  But so very, very  many of these symptoms are caused by adrenal gland disorders and pituitary gland disorders.  See an endocrinologist or a rheumatologist.  You are NOT crazy, your body is trying to tell you something!

Adrenal glands produce three types of steroidal hormones.  If you have too much or too little of any of these hormones you can an array of symptoms that come and go.  Those glands also control your sodium and potassium levels.  Hyper or hypo active adrenal glands can cause TINGLING, chest pain, abdominal pain, sweating, lightheadedness; symptoms mirroring diabetes, blood pressure fluctuations, tendency to gain or lose weight; lack of energy; difficulty concentrating; poor memory; chronically high stress levels; mild depression; dry and thin skin; unexplained hair loss; heart palpitations; dyspepsia; constipation; hypoglycemia (low blood sugar); food allergies, high frequency of the flu or infections, lightheadedness upon standing, diabetes, unwanted facial or body hair, sexual dysfunction, weakness, nausea, paleness, altered consciousness, seizures, and on and on.

Low sodium and/or low potassium can cause tingling and muscle related problems.

Simple to diagnose (go to an endocrinologist) and simple to treat IF you go to a doctor with experience with these issues.  My advice to anyone who has weird symptoms and no diagnosis is to go see an endocrinologist!

Hope this helps!  Could someone clean this up and repost it to other discussions where people might benefit?  Thx!
I don't know if this thread is open anymore but maybe someone else will stumble upon this. I am twenty years old right now, but I was on anti depressants for several years as a young child. If I missed a day or more I would experience withdrawals that made me feel like reality skipped or an electric jolt would go through my head. I looked into this and the withdrawls have a name, SSRI discontinuation syndrome, I believe. This may or may not be what you are experiencing, but they were sure terrifying as a young child who couldn't explain what I felt.
i have these symptoms and I have neuro Lyme Disease.   It's the nervous system that's affected.
Try www.realfoodnutrients.com  and buy nerve support formula.
and a good Lyme Disease Doctor for some Antibotics
God Bless
I get the same exact thing. I do have an anxiety disorder and when I was on xanax I didn't have these. Or on Valium. Im now on klonopin and im getting these even worse
I am so glad i found this forum. i have the same problem and i have been searching for answers. everyone's input is very helpful and taking advice...
I believe that prunella has the answer for you. I keep seeing more and more proof that Western medicine does not look outside of the box.  Try a Chinese Medicine practitioner.  They willl not dismiss your symptoms.
I had these same conditions and needed to have a fusion in the C3  C4 vertebrae.  My discs had worn out, from lifting my disabled daughter for many years.  Maybe you need to have a Ct scan or MRI on your neck.
Cheers, Yeppoon
Thanks a million.
I decidedt to look this up today and l am amazed how many people feel like l do. That alone is a releave but your advice is even more motivating. I will go directly to an endocrinologist.
God bless you and continue you good work
Ruthie
I haven't read all of the postings, but in scanning over quite a few, I didn't see any mention of L'hermitte's Sign - a symptom of multiple sclerosis.  A visit to a neurologist who deals with MS is advisable (not all neurologists specialize in or are terribly familiar with MS, so ascertaining his/her particular discipline before visiting is wise.)
i have been having the same sensation. Every so often when im walking around i feel this jolt like thing and i feel like I'm going to pass out for that split second. I looked it up and came across a website that called it brain zaps and said it could be withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms from antidepressants or anxiety medication. This sort of makes sense i have forgotten to take my anxiety medication for 3 days. Here check this out:
http://www.****.com/brain_zaps.html
kundalini baby ;)
kundalini baby ;)
I'm 13 years old and I suffer from this at least once ever two weeks. I'll get up from sitting and take about two steps then I'll get a tingly feeling through my whole body, get dizzy, stiffen and just fall over. It always seems to be at home though. Could be a reaction to something in my house? Am I being taken over by the devil?
hi my friend suffers from eletric shocks and hears voices witch scares her what can she do should she see her gp
It looks like a lot of people experience similar symptoms. I am a 30 year old male and just recently started experiencing.. like this wave of tingles travel through my body. It's kind of like a cold chill without the coldness. That along with light headedness and dizziness. My eyes want to roll up into the back of my head. It happens a lot more when I'm up an moving around. I HATE IT - I don't like feeling like this. What ***** the most is it just keeps happening over and over, from about every 20-30 seconds to a couple minutes in between. After reading through this, I have decided I'm going to my doctors. And if he doesn't tell me what I want to hear than I'm going to go and see a neurologist. My doctor has told me to go see a neurologist a few times on separate occasions because of migraines. And I don't know but this very well could be a Migraine, just with different symptoms. I don't know. But after my quest for knowledge I'll come back and post my findings.
Anyone with these symptoms have a wood stove or live in a community that uses them?
i used to get that same feeling, and i found out it was my medication i was on. it is called paxil for depression, i changed to a different one and no more shock feelings. hope this helps.
yes u r right about the medication. i used to be on paxil and it gave me them same feelings so i changed to a different medication and now that feeling is gone, it was the paxil that was doing it for me but also withdrawls would do it to.
I have the same problem and have been Diagnosed with a rare illness called dysautonomia with orthastatic hypotension. When I stand my Blood pressure drops. Hope it's not that for ya but I would check it out. You need to have a tilt table test done, it's the only way to find out.    I have to see a Doctor in Ohio for this as there are very little Doctors here in Pa that can treat me. Your doctor here can do the test to find out if your bp is dropping
i have been having the same things too but mine has been going on for a month now..
i don't know if you have read lots on your syptoms (symptoms) but dieabetes looks like a very stong possiblity
im getting the same  kinda electric shocks too.... sometime 3 times a day to ...every 3 seconds  and i found out it could be related to dieabetes i have just been told that i am pre-dieabetic not full blowen..... but other symtoms (symptoms) could be low glycemic too.... do you have trouble seeing more and more... feels like some one is cutting off your circulation in your arms or back.......pain across your stomach (liver)- sickly tirered..... ummm... cant go around sick people fear ...of getting what ever they have? ......pains or swelling in your head- tunnel vision.... feel things are going faster then they are  ......il bet you are dieabetic ...what else can it be .....im going to the doctor myself to bring up this new symptom of electric shock feelings\being dieabeties .....could you let me know if you are having the same symptoms and if go to  the  doc let lme know what he thinks of your symtoms (symptoms) thanks abunch susan
A related discussion, lighting bolt sensations and vibrationin body was started.