Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Light headed, nausea, headache.

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Light headed, nausea, headache.

For the past four years I have had what I thought was simple low blood sugar. I was light headed, nauseous, and headachey in the mornings, more directly after I had slept or after I hadn't eaten for a while. It's was really bad after a nap. This started exactly the beginning of my senior year of high school and I thought I was just inheriting it from my mom. Now its progressed to being the sole reason I eat at all. I don't bother to listen to my hunger I just eat when I have that headache, to make it go away. I decided to check my blood sugar with my grandmother's test kit. I've done it twice now; once after I hadn't eaten for over 12 hours, and once when I woke up and felt the familiar symptoms. It came out perfect both times and now I'm worried. I haven't seen a doctor cause I don't have health insurance and I really don't like hospitals anyway. I started drinking a soda in the mornings and now I can't shake the symptoms without a glass of juice. Really any sugar helps, most especially natural ones, and now its the first thing I go for when I'm 'hungry.' I recently read Magic Foods for Better Blood Sugar and it made a lot of sense. I thought for sure I had low blood sugar but the when I eat the foods in the book it dosen't help that light headed headache. I've also noticed that I can be completely full on good healthy food, protein, good carbs, ect and still have the symptoms. I've become slightly worried. Also I have crazy insomnia and I don't eat properly. If anyone has any idea I would appreciate your input. Thanks
Thanks for writing to the forum!
What you have is a type of hunger pang. You will be surprised to know that stomach ulcers and severe acidity can result in hunger pangs. Even GERD presents with similar symptoms. At times the hunger pangs due to acidity wakes up a person in the wee hours of night.
Omeprazole is a good drug to combat this. Along with it you can try over the counter antacids. However I would recommend you see a doctor and take medication under a doctor’s supervision. Avoid heavy meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Go to bed at least 2 hours after food.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Avatar n tn
Thanks for your advice. I'll try out your suggestions and see if it helps. I think I might feel a bit stupid if it does though. Here's hoping.