Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Light headed/dizzy, shaking, weak, numb/tingling on fingers and toes, f...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 201-213 comments:
I'm a 21 year old female college student. I suffer with both depression and anxiety. I have frequent panic attack and take medication that doesn't seem to help much. I've recently been experiencing symptoms such as light headedness, dizziness, weakness, nausea, headaches, and others that have been listed on some posts. I'm really concerned and need some answers. I haven't been to the doctor yet to be checked out. I was wondering if anyone would like to offer me some advice. I'm scared that this could end up being bad. Please Conner back with some advice!
I just found this site the last posting was 2 years ago but I'm feeling the same symptoms and I'm really scared does anybody have any answers
Sorry about that I was on a mobile site and it said the last posting was 2 years ago..  anyway I'm still worried and scared.. I have a doctors appointment next week to see what's wrong..  I feel bad everyday now...
Hi!

Your post is old so I hope you get this. I see a lot of answers to you from the general public with no medical experience. Please be leary of taking advise from someone who is not medically educated. I am a nurse. And although I cannot diagnose per state law I can give you advise and guide you into the conversation you need to have with your doctor. AND , ANY doctor that puts you off and claims all is due to stress is the wrong doctor to go to. Firstly, make sure you pick a doctor if you can that is associated with a teaching hospital, such as that from a University like UCI Med Center for example. Secondly choose one that is an MD in Family Practice or Internal Medicine. Make one of these your primary physician. They will coordinate all your healthcare needs.

Now that all that is said...  You mentioned all your tests came out good. Well the problem is... What tests were run? Perhaps only a CBC? Which in your case, sounds to me like you are having low blood sugar or possibly a thyroid problem or other endocrine problem. This is where you can start your investigation. In the future, do your homework! IT IS IMPERITIVE! TRUST NO ONE WITH YOUR CARE UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD EXACTLY WHAT TESTS WILL BE DONE, WHAT THEY ARE FOR, AND WHAT IS THE RESULT, AND IS THIS RESULT NORMAL? AND THEN, WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?? Take Notes. Get copies of your results and keep them for your records and to show any specialists you will see.

Please ask for:
-Fasting Glucose Blood Test (Do not eat or drink anything but water after modnight day before and give sample in AM)
- A1C Blood Test
- Urine Test (Checks  pH, PROTEIN, Glucose, Blood, Particulates, bacteria)
- CBC with differential
- COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL (Checks your liver and kidney function)
- Electrolyte Panel (checks sodium, calcium, Mg, etc)
- TSH
- T3
- T4

These tests will check you for Diabetes and Hyperthyroid and will check for infection and some organ function. Your doctor might also check your pancreas to see if everything is ok there too. The type of doctor specialist you need to see is called an ENDOCRONOLOGIST. They specialize in Diabetes, Thyroid Disease, Hormone Balance, etc.

In the meantime cut down on your carbohydrates!  Those bars are FULL of sugar, fat and carbs and burn off quickly, especially if eaten with caffeine and in the heat. To stop these low blood sugar spirals eat protein with your carbohydrates and limit your caffeine and sugar and avoid things that peak your metabolism too quickly like energy drinks and bars. During a bad episode the best thing to do is drink orange or applejuice quickly!! Sugar must be replaced to your system or you may pass out!

A good meal to have in am is greek yogurt PLAIN! With 0% fat. You can put fruit on it or cinnamon and honey. Greek yogurt is packed with protein. Also egg whites scrambled with a little dash of parm cheese and sliced tomatoes, etc. Dont eat sugary cereals, donuts pancakes, blah, blah, blah.
Have snacks of almonds and raisins or pistachios and a banana. When you change your diet and eat four small meals a day you will note a difference! If its just low blood sugar that would be great! But you need to follow thru and check everything else listed above AND WHATEVER THE DOCTOR SUGGESTS... If he blows you off, see another one immediately! Your symptoms can be very dangerous!, especially while driving!

GOOD LUCK! TAKE CARE!
Oops, forgot to mention to monitor your blood pressure. Get an auto cuff at your drug store for $20. Low blood pressure and sometimes high blood pressure causes SOME of the same symptoms... 120/80 is perfect  
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you LVGirlRN.  
I have had these SPELS (the instant sweets, shaking, and dizziness) for almost 20 years now.  These Spells started once a year then twice a year, then more often almost weekly, I was getting scared to leave the house and or workout.  They were so often that I could start to see a pattern, it was about half hour to an hour after eating.  Which is strange cause I was always told I am hypoglycemia, but then I started putting it all together.  Even thou these spells were after eating usually the meal consisted of heavy carbs.
Then I had a Dr. check my Gluten, I do not have Celiacs decease but do have a very high Gluten sensitivity.  Now that I'm gluten free and hardly eat any sweets these Spells seems to have stopped, it has been 5 months now.  
I had an episode last night, what was wierd is that the tips of my fingers were going numb. I mean i layed down on the couch once i started to shake and then by heart beat rose, i had an intense headache i could feel in the very center of my head and it almost burned. I got sick, threw up water that i had been trying to get down. I was shaking and trying to warm up for probably over an hour. I was thinking to myself i was having a heart attack. There is no way this could be a panic attack, i have had a panic attack before. There was something seriously wrong with my body. I have had these types of things before but they only lasted a little while, last night it lasted over an hour and by the time it was over i was so exausted i just fell to the floor and passed out. I woke up this morning scared, coudln't remember when i fell asleep. I remember trying to stay awake because i was shaking so hard and trying to breathe steady at the same time i didn't know what was going to happen. SCARY! Idk but I really wish someone knew some more about this.
Hello, I just came from the doctor who told me that I could have a possible after migrane (migraine) effect. My sinus is bad (one side of the face is tingling) as well as right side arm and foot and now I started with the nausea. I had bw done for my physical and all came fine except cholesterole at 246. My right eye is a twitch and feel dizzy on and off. I might want to go to neuro and meanwhile maybe try chiropracter to see. Also took some magnesium last night and felt warmer.
Look into atrial fib. Heart palpatations or fluttering when at rest is the main symptom. It causes the atrial valves to spasm, interrupting regular blood flow which can lead other symptoms of oxygen loss to body tissues, such as numbness or tingling in the limbs, cold sweats and dizziness. You may have to wear a heart monitor to diagnose but complications from it going untreated can lead to a heart attack.
My husband has been having a problem now for about four years, after multiple doctors er visits still no answers. His sterile are a little bit different then everyone here,
1. High blood persure
2. Light headness all day every day ( not from meds)
3. Clear urine (blood tests fine not dibities)
4. Spikes in blood persure (will eventually go down after 15 min or so)
5. High fever (103 the last time I took him in)
6. Cheat burning ( not like heart burn, it comes no matter what he eats or drinks)

To many tests and doctors I can't even explain. If there is anyone that can help I would be great full for anything.
Do you live in an area with ticks?  Borrelia/Lyme and Tick Borne Relapsing Fever can both cause recurring fevers.
I've been experiencing rapid heart beat, flushing, headaches that appear out of nowhere with a "full" head feeling in seconds, a sense of foreboding, weakness, and over heating off and on for about 8 years. I thought I had moved past all of this, being symptom free for about a year, when last week it all returned with a vengeance and has hit me twice since. I, too, have been advised to take Ativan or one of those family of drugs, to which I have offered the Doctors to use it as a suppository. I know I am not having panic attacks (and I know I'm not too proud to admit it if I truly thought this was the case), but I also know I'm still searching for reasons. I have done the 24-hour urine collection 3 times and only once was there a slight spike in my noradrenaline. Incidentally, when this hits me, my ears seem to block in an instant. I was as healthy as a well-cared-for horse until I hit about 44 years old and now I live with this as an as yet undisclosed almost constant companion and it just pisses me off. The last few days my heart has been beating like a hummingbird's, but I'm not turning to anti-anxiety drugs to address something I know is physical. Time to see an new endocrinologist maybe? Any more suggestions? And by the way, in the words of Bill Clinton, to all of you who are suffering similarly, "I feel your pain."
Definitely get checked out for Lyme Disease.  Many doctors aren't familiar with the disease and don't know how to diagnose it or treat it.  A Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) is your best bet for an accurate diagnosis, and if do you have it, the right treatment.
Thanks for your reply. I live on the island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada and Lyme disease is as yet unheard of here, though there have been reports during the last two years of Lyme-causing ticks having been found here. It is possible I picked something up while in Ontario or Quebec, or possibly in Europe, but I don't know if it exists there. As this has been an at least 8 year journey, it is unlikely I got it here if it is Lyme's disease. From what I hear about Lyme's, it is extremely debilitating and, for the most part, I function normally. But, when I get hit, I get hit hard and feel like I'm going to pass out. My heart beats so very fast as well. By the way, during my first bout, my wife called an ambulance for me and the hospital did a CT Scan of my brain while I was in symptom. Everything looked normal. My blood pressure spiked significantly and my heart rate was up, but everything else was normal. I've since had two MRIs done, same result. Oh, I've had two sinus surgeries and two sinus freezings in the last decade, but I can't remember if I had these symptoms before my first surgery or not. I should investigate that. And by the way, just in case this jogs someone's medical knowledge, the first time this hit me I was enjoying a good book in the bathroom (I'm not easily embarrassed) and I have noticed that when this hits, my stomach feels sore I guess. My ears block instantly and my heart gives a jump, but I can't tell if it's simultaneous or if one happens marginally before the other. Thanks again. E10.  
Lyme is definitely in Canada, its just that officials are way behind reality in recognizing it and educating doctors and patients.  It can be very different in different people.  Some have low grade symptoms for a long time.  Others can become chronically moderately ill, while some become severely ill.  Some people, like me, have periods of time where it goes dormant, and then comes back again.

www.canlyme.org has a lot of great articles and links to informational sites.  

It might be worth some research even though other things could be causing your symptoms, simply because doctors haven't yet figured out what's going on.  And yes, Borreliosis is indeed in Europe.  It tends to be more of a neurological presentation with arthritis being less common.  I have it and I have similar heart issues that you describe.

I tested negative the first two times.  The standard two tier testing misses many cases.  I finallymtested positive at IGeneX, a specialty lab.
Hi, I am 16 and this has helped. I usually am fit and well, very active with dancing, I do suffer from asthma but just last week I have been experiencing the same symptoms as you all. I have been sent home from college various times now in this past week, I get tingling in my face arm and legs and feel as though I am going to pass out, I get very cold and my heart beats really fast. I have had various tests from the doctors done and all have come back fine. These episodes last about 2-3 minutes. It's happened twice in the past week but every day I am getting up and feeling seriously dizzy, this occurs on a morning and usually by lunch it's stopped, however today it didn't I had another episode. I am worried as no one seems to know what it is.
Hello - I recently have been experiencing a lot of strange things with my health lately. Mostly it feels like maybe an over-stimulation. For instance, yesterday I was on a first date. Everything was going fine. The two of us were extremely connected to one another. After 3 hours of talking over a nice dinner out in the town, the two of us took a trip to a nearby store which he owns. As a polite respectful man, he tried nothing on my other than a nice first kiss. Shortly after that kiss, I became very strange. My stomach began to hurt and I suddenly felt nauseous. Then I began to sweat. And the ringing in my ear's became very loud soon after. All within these 20 seconds I was tunnel visioned. I asked to go to the bathroom and when I stumbled there I had to sit and rest my head. As soon as I got the energy to stand up I went to the mirror to see how I looked. I was pale. But I was getting some color back I could tell. I was starting to feel better so I washed the sweat off my face with cold water and I walked out feeling comfortable enough to approach my date, as if nothing ever happened. I was so scared though. I immediately asked to go home and he drove me to my car and I was fine after that. It's been almost 24 hours since the event and I have to say I feel slightly off today. Thankfully I didn't have to work and I could take it easy. If anyone has ever had something like this happen. I would greatly appreciate if you could share your story. My question is do you think it was my blood pressure? I have had several instances where I felt like I was lightheaded and stressed from just laying in bed next to another person or while kissing. I don't think this is normal. And I hope the Zoloft I'm taking will continue to reduce my stress and help me reach a more stable self.
I've had the exact same symptoms as you but I'm only 15. Any suggestions for what to do? Cause I know it's not age or stress.
It sounds like you might have vasovagal syncope.  Stress, or moments of over-stimulation, as you describe, overstimulates the vagal nerve, and the body responds with nausea, sweating, tunnel vision, and even fainting.  I get it if I watch my own blood get drawn, but not when I watch someone else.  I also get it really bad when an eye doctor gives me eye numbing drops for an exam.  For some reason, numbing the nerves in my eyes freaks out my nervous system.

I don't think there's a treatment for it other than learning to cope with stressors and learning relaxation techniques when you feel it coming on. They say it usually reduces with age.
I think all these examples must be related with the effects of living in a consumerist society - the market uses psychological mechanism and strategies to influence individuals attitudes and towards consumption.   Each time we are expected to have more spending power to meet the market needs (demand and supply), even if we do not need or want, the market forces/ influences individuals to spend even if they have no purchasing power parity (loans, credits, etc) and using marketing and publicity campaigns.
Individuals are expected to meet the markets needs and the market is in charge of deciding what our choices are through diversity.  For example, more women and men are expected to be perfect in an unperfected world, examples of a size "0" (market saves on textiles), having a perfect body, skin and hair ( fashion, celebrities, ice-cream, fizzy drinks, chocolate bar, diet products...), have a happy family (work to consume more, no free childcare, socialise, holidays, etc).  All these examples we live surrounded by influence our behaviour and sometimes drives us to stressful situations out of our control.  

The market meets the needs when we consume, however we are not aware that once our basic needs are covered (protection, food, affection, etc) we can basically conform with.   But the market keeps reminding us that we have to keep the cycle, by sending messages to our sub-consciousness altering our nervous system, organism and causing stress situations.

From what I have read there are various groups of people, ranging from teens to 40plus).  This is my theory but I cannot affirm it is reliable nor validate it because I do not have enough knowledge, the tools, etc.to do so.

Just one piece of advise: "be more critical" and do not just assume everything is ok.  Analyse, decide and never forget to breath deeply.  We are living fast lives.  Take time away from society and spend some time doing something without looking at your watch.  Maybe you just need to disconnect from the fast space/place and use some time to rest and meditate.  
FYI.  These are all common symptoms of alcohol/medication withdrawal.  Easily managed by benzodiazepines (Ativan, Librium, Xanax, etc., even Clonidine is very effective if this is the case.
thanks for the advice. i've been reading what every one else has been saying on this webpage. and i am glad that i am alone yet not alone in similar sufferings. I have yet to see something to exactly match what I suffer in comparison to all the comments and etc here. I have talked to my mom (I am an only child and the rest of the family is scattered all over the USA and I am not a people person because I freak out around people as in really avoid them because i get beyond nervous to the point of feeling like I am going to faint when around people, but that is a side-branch of what i feel is really going on with me... another side-story in other words) for so long and for so many hours about what I suffer and now it is not letting go and i feel like I am getting sicker and am dying no joke. I feel like my body is just giving up and I am fighting it all including the depressing thoughts and certain types of people because well I never was good at handling anything. I seem to be losing general body function, and feel like I am detaching from my body and slipping away physically and mentally. I am sensitive to nearly everything like foods, water, sounds, etc. I go for walks in the hood (where I live) to what i feel is fighting the inevitable because I told mom that if i go down I am not submitting to defeat at least not entirely. My energy is nearly gone I have to use it and struggle to do the very basics in life like breathe, digest, walk, and attempt to focus. I am even becoming sensitive to the weather. I look at people and think to my self that it must be nice to be normal and live suffer enjoy life and die like normal people. But I also force my self to be happy, do a little tai chi and yoga (little, since I have little to no energy), breathing exercises that spends me quickly (yet I am not asthmatic?), and of course read-up on this death that everyone else says doesn't exist and my symptoms that the docs says is all in my head and etc. I mean if it was all in my head, then I would like proper treatment because maybe something of which i cannot control is wrong with my head that is making my body fail I don't know. But I feel that what ever it is, it is more evenly-dispersed and seem to be... I'd rather not think about it. I always felt disconnected since as far back as i could remember: and I have done things that seem to be like a side of me that shouldn't exist bad things that may be from panic, sick satisfaction and other things. again i never was good at dealing with anything and have had bad grades (including gym) since the beginning and have been a general failure in life. but I still want to live, to love, to mingle, to be like everyone else and enjoy life and even suffer like everyone else. I am sorry that I cannot explain my self very well I wish that I could. It seems that nobody truly understands me and my suffering though I have read this and again think to my self that I am alone yet not alone.
I don't know where I am going with this, and am very tired as usual. Part dementia perhaps. I have explained over the years what I have suffered and it seems to morph into something (or some things) worse over the years and tends to get bigger or something and it is eating me up alive. I just want to function and live life like everyone else and mingle and enjoy things like everyone else but I feel so alien and that true enjoyment seems to be dying from everyone else like "life" is slowly (or not so slowly) slipping from me. Life seems so short to me. I always wanted a family, a career, and one with my surroundings, but i feel so deathly and far-away and it is only getting worse.
Anxiety? Perhaps. Depression? Probably. But I seem to be all-around short-changed for someone who seems so "normal". And it seems that anxiety, depression, panic attacks (one of my biggest doubts seriously), and etc seem to be the deep "effects" if any, not the deepest "cause(s)". And since I have had certain things since as far back as I can remember yet attempt to live a "normal" life (whatever that is), my own existence (or the lack there-of) seems to fool everybody else yet fool me the least.
I wish I knew what was wrong with me and that I could fix it and be like everyone else so that I can have a "life" like every one else. Sure, existence wise there are people worst-off than me, but non-existence wise I feel totally screwed out of the whole deal since the beginning.
I feel for you all and hope that your lives get better. I literally feel your pain for I am a very (deathly) sensitive individual (yet feel somehow spiritually numb and void) that when I read I seem to be in your situation and I want to make everything alright.
Peace and thx.
Have you heard of a highly sensitive nervous system?  I saw an article in a local paper once about a man who had written a book about living with it.  I can't recall the name of the book, but these web site might give you a start.  I hope this is helpful.

http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
Hi, I have feeling really bad in the past two months. It started with some weird sensation on my legs, they felt with pressure, numbness and tingling. I was having uspet stomach and nauseas. One of those days I went to the mall with my son and I had the sesnation on my legs and started to freak out. I had vertigo, dizzness, shake, sweat i felt that i was going to die, I went to my car and started driving but i was confused and super nervous i didnt know what was happening to me. Later that day I went to the doctor and did some blood work and everythin came out normal. She told me it could be stress and anxiety and gave me pills. After few days of being in bed i tried to go out to a restaurant with my husband to eat and when i was sitting i was felling horrible and had to come back home without any food. i couldnt get of my house i was scared. Now after few weeks i still have cold sweaty feet, tingling in my limbs, sometimes in my face with some numbness and i am tired of feeling that way, i dont have energy and i need to take naps everyday. I still scared that migh be a disease and i think is too much to be just stress and anxiety. Help!!!
Hi! I have exactly the same symptoms as you! The first thing my doctor tested me for was pheochromocytoma- it was negative. I have also been tested for POTS- inconclusive. My doctor is baffled! I am also very dizzy often between episodes- and extremely tired- it has been over 6 months now with no solution!
It may not be a panic (or "anxiety") attack. I had these routinely when I was much younger and learned to deal with them, so that they gradually went away and I haven't been troubled by them for years. However, for the last couple of weeks, I've been having symptoms that are difficult to describe but are somewhat similar to some of the ones I'm seeing on this thread. Mainly, I guess, a slight feeling of "weakness" along with occasional (very slight) dizziness.

I'm wondering if I don't have some kind of bug like mild flu. (I had a flu shot last Nov.) But I don't have a fever or any other symptoms. Or what else it could it be? I'm thinking (and hoping not) possibly low blood sugar, since eating does seem to help some. I'm seeing my doctor this week about it. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be debilitating, at least so far (fingers crossed). I did some work around the house over the holidays and that seemed to go OK. Like I say, it's very mild but annoying as hell.
Sounds like you might have pneumonia actually. Mine last year started out with exactly that kind of cough plus other similar symptoms....
I have the exact same symptoms as your husband and they have done every test you can think of... I get on some days just out of the blue super weak and nauseous and real a fuzzy head? It's been going on for a year and a half and still no answers from the DR's as to why.. They now are testing me for sleep apnea because they don't know what else to test me for...? The endocrinologist said something about maybe doing a CT scan but wanted to run all the blood and urine test first... This has been going on for a year and a half now and I'm so ready for some answers... I'm requesting the CT scan from my Dr. this week...?  I used to be such a healthy person and ate right and no drugs or alcohol and for this sickness to just hit me with no explanation is so frustrating. They put me on panic attack meds cause I started getting panic attacks for no reason.. and my blood pressure is high? I eat a very low sodium healthy diet ?? and I'm not over weight at all..??  
And to all I am on day 2 consecutively with all these symptoms. Its freakin me out! Its about the 5th time this has happened.
i am 15 years old and have the same symptoms . i have seen a doctor and had an EGC,an eye scan,blood test and they all came back fine. i described to my doctor the symptoms i have been having and he said i have panic attacks ( anxiety ). im not on any medication, but fell really shaky, weak and tired just about  everyday. there is nothing to worry about, TRUST ME I EXPERIENCE THE SAME SYMPTOMS. its nothing bad, just try to relax and keep calm when felling the symptoms and think anout something positive, it reallt does help. :)
hope this helps x
Would you elaborate on the effects this medicine has. I take several of them and am having extreme dizziness and tingling in fingers,also always exhausted.
Well here is my story and since I am currently going through all of the testing and I have excellent doctors that will never give up.... Figured I might as well tell my story and symptoms and results as they are available.

Age:35
Gender: Male
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 320

Started out about a year ago, I felt lightheaded, vertigo like symptoms, heart racing, anxiety, and a sense of not feeling right or beside myself. I had tingling in my fingers, seemed to start at the top of my hand and move down. I had random pains in my forearm, mid-bicep, and far left side of my chest.

I would have these symptoms pretty much every day and it was absolutely exhausting. Not only did the symptoms make me feel crappy, but the vertigo/lightheadedness made me have semi-anxiety attacks. Seemed I would go to work and spend a bulk majority of the time simply trying to hang in there and fight off the symptoms. Constant fan blowing on me, listening to nature sounds, anything I could do.

Finally went to the doctor as honestly I had enough.

Immediately I was referred to a cardiologist, due to my weight as I am at risk.I had a standing and sitting stress test, ekg, echo, pet scan, and I wore a holter for a couple of days. With the exception of elevated BP, all of the testing came back negative and no heart problems. I was prescribed Losartan (25mg), for the BP. My BP was on average about 135/78, not crazy high, but high enough. I seem to feel BP changes more than others, and that includes sodium sensitivity and caffine/nicotine sensitivity. Sodium, caffine, nicotine, seemed to make the symptoms more exaggerated.

Also I during this time I had blood work completed to rule out parathyroid/thyroid problems, diabetes, and a few rare diseases I never heard of and can't remember. All results came back clean or negative.

After a couple of weeks on the medicine I definitely felt 80 -90% better, but still slightly off. My BP went to an average of 120- 130/ 70 - 80. The rounds of dizziness or vertigo like symptoms would come and go with severity. Some triggered by just sitting around, others could be when I move my head quickly or stand up quickly. Over all though the improvement was huge and I felt much better.

This past weekend, almost a year later, I had a severe bout of the tingling, arm and far left chest pain, vertigo and lightheaded like symptoms. Went to the ER they did a basic blood panel, and ekg. All was fine. I did exhibit nystagmus, so I had a CT scan of my brain. That also showed clear. They prescribed me a medicine for the dizziness and since I wasn't emergent, discharged and referred back to my doctors.

I had my appointment today and I am being scheduled to visit a neurologist and I am having an MRI done on my brain and some different blood work to rule out MS. I am also seeing an ENT to have a VNG check and some other tests to rule out meiners disease.

At this point, with my symptoms we are in the "rule out" phase. I will be sure to keep everyone up to date with findings and testing results. I can be as specific as you guys like. Should have something up in the next week or so maximum.

Also keep in mind these symptoms are indicative of alot of things and honestly could be experiencing more than one issue. In my case it could be high sensitivity to blood pressure, and an inner ear issue, and something else. Or it could be MS coupled with something else.

It doesn't have to be just one thing causing a problem, it can be a couple more mild issues piled together, or it could be something I would rather it not be like MS or Lupus, etc....

Either way I will let you guys know what happens with my last round of testing this week and next.
Opps I forgot... I have really amazing doctors all around. My general physician is amazing, cardiologist is completely awesome, and all nurses and practioners have been great...

It is really important to find good doctors, especially with symptoms like these that have dozens and dozens of possible causes. My docs really care about the patients and want to get to the bottom of things...

Its really important to have the right docs.....
Sounds like a vitamin B-12 deficiency. Are you vegan? Or vegetarian?
If you don't absorb enough vit B-12 from your food (you don't get any B-12 if you are a vegan) you will eventually get neurological problems a couple of years down the line. Permanent nerve damage can occur. Take an "under the tongue" B-12 pill every day and see if your symptoms lessen.
Also, have your thyroid and adrenal gland function tested.
Good luck!
I realize it's been a few years...hope you are doing better...just wondered if they ever checked your blood counts....and if hematologist reviewed it.
My MRI was completed, it was with and without contrast. The results were completely clear, no lesions, masses, etc... I have had a urinalysis, and this weekend will be completing a a 24 hour urinalysis for some final testing.

The following blood work has been completed up to this point.

-Fasting Glucose Blood Test
- A1C Blood Test
- CBC with differential
- COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
- Electrolyte Panel
- TSH
- T3
- T4

I am having more blood work completed next week to verify the cathecholamines and VMA's as well as HH6 and TSH again. The last test showed my HH6 and TSH were borderline high and the docs want those re-verified.

I have also been referred to a neuro-ENT, to double check my MRI as well as complete a VNG exam and test for Meniers Disease. That appointment is also next week.

I am also going to revisit the cardiologist to have one final PET scan completed to be absolutely sure nothing was missed.

I will provide updates on all the testing in the next two weeks and let you guys know if they find anything.
Hi there, so i recently believe i am hypoglycemic but my doctor says all my test are normal. Ive had insane headaches for the last two months on and off, oddly enough my headaches will go away and come back if i go about my day as if nothing is bugging me.  Over the last month they became worse... i started to feel light headed, dizzy, and faintish.  Nothing will help my headaches, its this pounding feeling that just wont go way no matter what i take, nothing seems to work.  So ive started to eat healthy cut out everything that is said not to have for someone who is hypoglycemic, but yet im still having these painful headaches.  Any suggestions??
yes i have vertigo in it is very stressful when i first found out that i had it i got medcine for it and was feeling better 4 months later this morning it came back i believe it's cause my blood pressure been up and i have a panic disorder plus it's been in it's 100....
Hello.
Im 19, got a son of 4 months and since having him I've started feeling really weak every morning, it's that bad I physically can't get myself out of bed to pick him up, not only that but around teatime I sometimes get really dizzy and can't stand up, and feel short of breath, and q cold sweat. I eat something and that doesn't seem to help, plus constant tiredness no matter how much I sleep for. I've been to the doctors but they were no help. I generally do know what to do cause I feel like im missing out on my son's first couple of months, any suggestions or help as to what to do to improve this.... Please x
have you even thought to go talk to a gastrologist about intestinal paprasites ?
Oh wow i do hope by now you`ve seen a dr who empathizes and actually understands what could be causing those symptoms..
I`m no dr ,but i do have dixed fibro ,and also get alot of Tinnitus symptoms..wooshing/ringing/generally weird tune in like sounds in my left ear particularly..hearing is almost zilch too ,and when i get a bad "attack" i shake ,the pain is awful ..and all over./.(what they describe when u di have fibro as "widespread" pain?
I have tingling/numbness in my hands/feet ,sometimes down parts of my arms/legs too...Fast heart beat ,b/p high/low....but awful giddyness when i try to stand..my balance is all over ,as if i`ve been drinking!
Hope you`ll soon feel better ,i`m off to the drs v soon ,as my ears are hurting so bad i want to cry like a baby!!!..Hugs!!xx
I am 55 and have just awakened with another of these "attacks"' which has led me to you.  Dull, constant middle of my head headache, ears and head "full" and ringing a bit, felt flushed  and dizzy.  This past weekend I had all symptoms of a bladder infection and so my doctor put me on cipro (have taken just one at dinner yesterday)while we wait for result of urinalysis.  Headache reaches down into my neck which feels achey (achy) and glands feel somewhat swollen.  My doctor has lowered my thyroid meds to 125 micrograms which for all this week seemed to be helping my cold nose and hands.  Yesterday not to be gross, but every time I had to go it was diarrhea , not painful, I can't make it kind, just not normal.  Like so many of you I have had countless blood tests, cardiology tests etc. which have ruled out everything.  For over a year I have been dealing with a bad and painful hip but all that I take for it is tart cherry juice, which is also my only dietary change in recent weeks. As I write the flushing and lightheadedness is abating, but the headache remains. What is wrong with me?  Also almost feels like blood is all in my neck and is stuck there if that makes any sense.
me too i feel the same i'm 14 >,< can i ask?? what is this sickness called??
I tried it and i'm 14. may i know what illness is this??
I was finally diagnosed... If you read the symptoms of my posts and my post history in this thread..

I have/had a superior canal dehisence. I had surgery to repair this issue 3 weeks ago and already the bulk majority of my symptoms are gone. I need another 2 -3 weeks for the bone to fuse for complete repair.

Regardless it was finally the ENT's with a VEMP and VNG exam that determined my issue.

So don't give up, these symptoms are hard to diagnose and cover a wide range of causes, disorders, diseases, and viruses. Hang in there, surround yourself with excellent physicians and given enough testing and investigation a solution will be found... :)

Hang in there!
My 23 year old son has just started experiencing some tingling and numbness on his right side, shortness in breath, feels cold like his body temp is too low.  What on earth could it be?
I had all of the same symptoms.  After going to ER thinking it was heart attack and everything was fine.  I went to my Doctor he said it might be migrane (migraine) related if my face was numb and headache all the time fast heart beat dizzy.  I thought I was going to die.  
It wasn't Migrane (migraine) it was not heart related so what was it ...    I went to a new Dr. He said its a panic attack or  anxiety    I said No way it can't be.  Doctor looked at me and said its panic attacks I got them in medical school.  
He put me on a pill that I take every day and then one that I take as needed.
I'm 100% better now and don't feel like I'm going to drop dead.
Hope this helps many of you guys having these same symptoms.  
I would get headache, numbing face arm hand, dizzy, jaw pain, tunnel vision, heart palpitations, fast heart beat, shortness of breath.
Hope my post helps    
Well, here I am, thinking I am having a stoke. My symptoms are the same as I have read and have had blood work as well. Yesterday I was at the chiropractor who checked for stroke issues. Once he worked on me my balance was better and my headache was gone. I was told by my GP that I had migraine syndrom (syndrome) yet couold not account for the weakness and off-balance. It happened immediatley as I was walking between concourses at the Charlotte airport and have been with me for a week and a half. Needless to say my heart rate is off the wall if I dwell on it. HELP!!
I AM NO DOCTOR BUT YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE FAMILIAR, CHECK YOUR B/P,I AM SURE IT WILL BE FINE, THERE IS PERHAPS ITEMS IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU KEEP INSIDE THIS COULD BE ONE FACTOR,CHILDHOOD, ETC.  THE OTHER IS AN IMBALANCE IN YOUR AUTONOMOUS NERVEOUS SYSTEM, TRY TO SPEAK WITH YOUR DR. I KNOW HE WILL FIND THE ANSWER, ALSO TRY SOME LOREZAPAM, IT IS ADDICTIVE BUT IT WILL HELP, NO ALCOHOL WITH IT. KEEP ME POSTED. you are not alone.happy new 2013
Viewing 201-213 comments: