Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Light headed/dizzy, shaking, weak, numb/tingling on fingers and toes, f...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 201-221 comments:
Look into atrial fib. Heart palpatations or fluttering when at rest is the main symptom. It causes the atrial valves to spasm, interrupting regular blood flow which can lead other symptoms of oxygen loss to body tissues, such as numbness or tingling in the limbs, cold sweats and dizziness. You may have to wear a heart monitor to diagnose but complications from it going untreated can lead to a heart attack.
My husband has been having a problem now for about four years, after multiple doctors er visits still no answers. His sterile are a little bit different then everyone here,
1. High blood persure
2. Light headness all day every day ( not from meds)
3. Clear urine (blood tests fine not dibities)
4. Spikes in blood persure (will eventually go down after 15 min or so)
5. High fever (103 the last time I took him in)
6. Cheat burning ( not like heart burn, it comes no matter what he eats or drinks)

To many tests and doctors I can't even explain. If there is anyone that can help I would be great full for anything.
Do you live in an area with ticks?  Borrelia/Lyme and Tick Borne Relapsing Fever can both cause recurring fevers.
I've been experiencing rapid heart beat, flushing, headaches that appear out of nowhere with a "full" head feeling in seconds, a sense of foreboding, weakness, and over heating off and on for about 8 years. I thought I had moved past all of this, being symptom free for about a year, when last week it all returned with a vengeance and has hit me twice since. I, too, have been advised to take Ativan or one of those family of drugs, to which I have offered the Doctors to use it as a suppository. I know I am not having panic attacks (and I know I'm not too proud to admit it if I truly thought this was the case), but I also know I'm still searching for reasons. I have done the 24-hour urine collection 3 times and only once was there a slight spike in my noradrenaline. Incidentally, when this hits me, my ears seem to block in an instant. I was as healthy as a well-cared-for horse until I hit about 44 years old and now I live with this as an as yet undisclosed almost constant companion and it just pisses me off. The last few days my heart has been beating like a hummingbird's, but I'm not turning to anti-anxiety drugs to address something I know is physical. Time to see an new endocrinologist maybe? Any more suggestions? And by the way, in the words of Bill Clinton, to all of you who are suffering similarly, "I feel your pain."
Definitely get checked out for Lyme Disease.  Many doctors aren't familiar with the disease and don't know how to diagnose it or treat it.  A Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) is your best bet for an accurate diagnosis, and if do you have it, the right treatment.
Thanks for your reply. I live on the island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada and Lyme disease is as yet unheard of here, though there have been reports during the last two years of Lyme-causing ticks having been found here. It is possible I picked something up while in Ontario or Quebec, or possibly in Europe, but I don't know if it exists there. As this has been an at least 8 year journey, it is unlikely I got it here if it is Lyme's disease. From what I hear about Lyme's, it is extremely debilitating and, for the most part, I function normally. But, when I get hit, I get hit hard and feel like I'm going to pass out. My heart beats so very fast as well. By the way, during my first bout, my wife called an ambulance for me and the hospital did a CT Scan of my brain while I was in symptom. Everything looked normal. My blood pressure spiked significantly and my heart rate was up, but everything else was normal. I've since had two MRIs done, same result. Oh, I've had two sinus surgeries and two sinus freezings in the last decade, but I can't remember if I had these symptoms before my first surgery or not. I should investigate that. And by the way, just in case this jogs someone's medical knowledge, the first time this hit me I was enjoying a good book in the bathroom (I'm not easily embarrassed) and I have noticed that when this hits, my stomach feels sore I guess. My ears block instantly and my heart gives a jump, but I can't tell if it's simultaneous or if one happens marginally before the other. Thanks again. E10.  
Lyme is definitely in Canada, its just that officials are way behind reality in recognizing it and educating doctors and patients.  It can be very different in different people.  Some have low grade symptoms for a long time.  Others can become chronically moderately ill, while some become severely ill.  Some people, like me, have periods of time where it goes dormant, and then comes back again.

www.canlyme.org has a lot of great articles and links to informational sites.  

It might be worth some research even though other things could be causing your symptoms, simply because doctors haven't yet figured out what's going on.  And yes, Borreliosis is indeed in Europe.  It tends to be more of a neurological presentation with arthritis being less common.  I have it and I have similar heart issues that you describe.

I tested negative the first two times.  The standard two tier testing misses many cases.  I finallymtested positive at IGeneX, a specialty lab.
Hi, I am 16 and this has helped. I usually am fit and well, very active with dancing, I do suffer from asthma but just last week I have been experiencing the same symptoms as you all. I have been sent home from college various times now in this past week, I get tingling in my face arm and legs and feel as though I am going to pass out, I get very cold and my heart beats really fast. I have had various tests from the doctors done and all have come back fine. These episodes last about 2-3 minutes. It's happened twice in the past week but every day I am getting up and feeling seriously dizzy, this occurs on a morning and usually by lunch it's stopped, however today it didn't I had another episode. I am worried as no one seems to know what it is.
Hello - I recently have been experiencing a lot of strange things with my health lately. Mostly it feels like maybe an over-stimulation. For instance, yesterday I was on a first date. Everything was going fine. The two of us were extremely connected to one another. After 3 hours of talking over a nice dinner out in the town, the two of us took a trip to a nearby store which he owns. As a polite respectful man, he tried nothing on my other than a nice first kiss. Shortly after that kiss, I became very strange. My stomach began to hurt and I suddenly felt nauseous. Then I began to sweat. And the ringing in my ear's became very loud soon after. All within these 20 seconds I was tunnel visioned. I asked to go to the bathroom and when I stumbled there I had to sit and rest my head. As soon as I got the energy to stand up I went to the mirror to see how I looked. I was pale. But I was getting some color back I could tell. I was starting to feel better so I washed the sweat off my face with cold water and I walked out feeling comfortable enough to approach my date, as if nothing ever happened. I was so scared though. I immediately asked to go home and he drove me to my car and I was fine after that. It's been almost 24 hours since the event and I have to say I feel slightly off today. Thankfully I didn't have to work and I could take it easy. If anyone has ever had something like this happen. I would greatly appreciate if you could share your story. My question is do you think it was my blood pressure? I have had several instances where I felt like I was lightheaded and stressed from just laying in bed next to another person or while kissing. I don't think this is normal. And I hope the Zoloft I'm taking will continue to reduce my stress and help me reach a more stable self.
I've had the exact same symptoms as you but I'm only 15. Any suggestions for what to do? Cause I know it's not age or stress.
It sounds like you might have vasovagal syncope.  Stress, or moments of over-stimulation, as you describe, overstimulates the vagal nerve, and the body responds with nausea, sweating, tunnel vision, and even fainting.  I get it if I watch my own blood get drawn, but not when I watch someone else.  I also get it really bad when an eye doctor gives me eye numbing drops for an exam.  For some reason, numbing the nerves in my eyes freaks out my nervous system.

I don't think there's a treatment for it other than learning to cope with stressors and learning relaxation techniques when you feel it coming on. They say it usually reduces with age.
I think all these examples must be related with the effects of living in a consumerist society - the market uses psychological mechanism and strategies to influence individuals attitudes and towards consumption.   Each time we are expected to have more spending power to meet the market needs (demand and supply), even if we do not need or want, the market forces/ influences individuals to spend even if they have no purchasing power parity (loans, credits, etc) and using marketing and publicity campaigns.
Individuals are expected to meet the markets needs and the market is in charge of deciding what our choices are through diversity.  For example, more women and men are expected to be perfect in an unperfected world, examples of a size "0" (market saves on textiles), having a perfect body, skin and hair ( fashion, celebrities, ice-cream, fizzy drinks, chocolate bar, diet products...), have a happy family (work to consume more, no free childcare, socialise, holidays, etc).  All these examples we live surrounded by influence our behaviour and sometimes drives us to stressful situations out of our control.  

The market meets the needs when we consume, however we are not aware that once our basic needs are covered (protection, food, affection, etc) we can basically conform with.   But the market keeps reminding us that we have to keep the cycle, by sending messages to our sub-consciousness altering our nervous system, organism and causing stress situations.

From what I have read there are various groups of people, ranging from teens to 40plus).  This is my theory but I cannot affirm it is reliable nor validate it because I do not have enough knowledge, the tools, etc.to do so.

Just one piece of advise: "be more critical" and do not just assume everything is ok.  Analyse, decide and never forget to breath deeply.  We are living fast lives.  Take time away from society and spend some time doing something without looking at your watch.  Maybe you just need to disconnect from the fast space/place and use some time to rest and meditate.  
FYI.  These are all common symptoms of alcohol/medication withdrawal.  Easily managed by benzodiazepines (Ativan, Librium, Xanax, etc., even Clonidine is very effective if this is the case.
thanks for the advice. i've been reading what every one else has been saying on this webpage. and i am glad that i am alone yet not alone in similar sufferings. I have yet to see something to exactly match what I suffer in comparison to all the comments and etc here. I have talked to my mom (I am an only child and the rest of the family is scattered all over the USA and I am not a people person because I freak out around people as in really avoid them because i get beyond nervous to the point of feeling like I am going to faint when around people, but that is a side-branch of what i feel is really going on with me... another side-story in other words) for so long and for so many hours about what I suffer and now it is not letting go and i feel like I am getting sicker and am dying no joke. I feel like my body is just giving up and I am fighting it all including the depressing thoughts and certain types of people because well I never was good at handling anything. I seem to be losing general body function, and feel like I am detaching from my body and slipping away physically and mentally. I am sensitive to nearly everything like foods, water, sounds, etc. I go for walks in the hood (where I live) to what i feel is fighting the inevitable because I told mom that if i go down I am not submitting to defeat at least not entirely. My energy is nearly gone I have to use it and struggle to do the very basics in life like breathe, digest, walk, and attempt to focus. I am even becoming sensitive to the weather. I look at people and think to my self that it must be nice to be normal and live suffer enjoy life and die like normal people. But I also force my self to be happy, do a little tai chi and yoga (little, since I have little to no energy), breathing exercises that spends me quickly (yet I am not asthmatic?), and of course read-up on this death that everyone else says doesn't exist and my symptoms that the docs says is all in my head and etc. I mean if it was all in my head, then I would like proper treatment because maybe something of which i cannot control is wrong with my head that is making my body fail I don't know. But I feel that what ever it is, it is more evenly-dispersed and seem to be... I'd rather not think about it. I always felt disconnected since as far back as i could remember: and I have done things that seem to be like a side of me that shouldn't exist bad things that may be from panic, sick satisfaction and other things. again i never was good at dealing with anything and have had bad grades (including gym) since the beginning and have been a general failure in life. but I still want to live, to love, to mingle, to be like everyone else and enjoy life and even suffer like everyone else. I am sorry that I cannot explain my self very well I wish that I could. It seems that nobody truly understands me and my suffering though I have read this and again think to my self that I am alone yet not alone.
I don't know where I am going with this, and am very tired as usual. Part dementia perhaps. I have explained over the years what I have suffered and it seems to morph into something (or some things) worse over the years and tends to get bigger or something and it is eating me up alive. I just want to function and live life like everyone else and mingle and enjoy things like everyone else but I feel so alien and that true enjoyment seems to be dying from everyone else like "life" is slowly (or not so slowly) slipping from me. Life seems so short to me. I always wanted a family, a career, and one with my surroundings, but i feel so deathly and far-away and it is only getting worse.
Anxiety? Perhaps. Depression? Probably. But I seem to be all-around short-changed for someone who seems so "normal". And it seems that anxiety, depression, panic attacks (one of my biggest doubts seriously), and etc seem to be the deep "effects" if any, not the deepest "cause(s)". And since I have had certain things since as far back as I can remember yet attempt to live a "normal" life (whatever that is), my own existence (or the lack there-of) seems to fool everybody else yet fool me the least.
I wish I knew what was wrong with me and that I could fix it and be like everyone else so that I can have a "life" like every one else. Sure, existence wise there are people worst-off than me, but non-existence wise I feel totally screwed out of the whole deal since the beginning.
I feel for you all and hope that your lives get better. I literally feel your pain for I am a very (deathly) sensitive individual (yet feel somehow spiritually numb and void) that when I read I seem to be in your situation and I want to make everything alright.
Peace and thx.
Have you heard of a highly sensitive nervous system?  I saw an article in a local paper once about a man who had written a book about living with it.  I can't recall the name of the book, but these web site might give you a start.  I hope this is helpful.

http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
Hi, I have feeling really bad in the past two months. It started with some weird sensation on my legs, they felt with pressure, numbness and tingling. I was having uspet stomach and nauseas. One of those days I went to the mall with my son and I had the sesnation on my legs and started to freak out. I had vertigo, dizzness, shake, sweat i felt that i was going to die, I went to my car and started driving but i was confused and super nervous i didnt know what was happening to me. Later that day I went to the doctor and did some blood work and everythin came out normal. She told me it could be stress and anxiety and gave me pills. After few days of being in bed i tried to go out to a restaurant with my husband to eat and when i was sitting i was felling horrible and had to come back home without any food. i couldnt get of my house i was scared. Now after few weeks i still have cold sweaty feet, tingling in my limbs, sometimes in my face with some numbness and i am tired of feeling that way, i dont have energy and i need to take naps everyday. I still scared that migh be a disease and i think is too much to be just stress and anxiety. Help!!!
Hi! I have exactly the same symptoms as you! The first thing my doctor tested me for was pheochromocytoma- it was negative. I have also been tested for POTS- inconclusive. My doctor is baffled! I am also very dizzy often between episodes- and extremely tired- it has been over 6 months now with no solution!
It may not be a panic (or "anxiety") attack. I had these routinely when I was much younger and learned to deal with them, so that they gradually went away and I haven't been troubled by them for years. However, for the last couple of weeks, I've been having symptoms that are difficult to describe but are somewhat similar to some of the ones I'm seeing on this thread. Mainly, I guess, a slight feeling of "weakness" along with occasional (very slight) dizziness.

I'm wondering if I don't have some kind of bug like mild flu. (I had a flu shot last Nov.) But I don't have a fever or any other symptoms. Or what else it could it be? I'm thinking (and hoping not) possibly low blood sugar, since eating does seem to help some. I'm seeing my doctor this week about it. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be debilitating, at least so far (fingers crossed). I did some work around the house over the holidays and that seemed to go OK. Like I say, it's very mild but annoying as hell.
Sounds like you might have pneumonia actually. Mine last year started out with exactly that kind of cough plus other similar symptoms....
I have the exact same symptoms as your husband and they have done every test you can think of... I get on some days just out of the blue super weak and nauseous and real a fuzzy head? It's been going on for a year and a half and still no answers from the DR's as to why.. They now are testing me for sleep apnea because they don't know what else to test me for...? The endocrinologist said something about maybe doing a CT scan but wanted to run all the blood and urine test first... This has been going on for a year and a half now and I'm so ready for some answers... I'm requesting the CT scan from my Dr. this week...?  I used to be such a healthy person and ate right and no drugs or alcohol and for this sickness to just hit me with no explanation is so frustrating. They put me on panic attack meds cause I started getting panic attacks for no reason.. and my blood pressure is high? I eat a very low sodium healthy diet ?? and I'm not over weight at all..??  
And to all I am on day 2 consecutively with all these symptoms. Its freakin me out! Its about the 5th time this has happened.
i am 15 years old and have the same symptoms . i have seen a doctor and had an EGC,an eye scan,blood test and they all came back fine. i described to my doctor the symptoms i have been having and he said i have panic attacks ( anxiety ). im not on any medication, but fell really shaky, weak and tired just about  everyday. there is nothing to worry about, TRUST ME I EXPERIENCE THE SAME SYMPTOMS. its nothing bad, just try to relax and keep calm when felling the symptoms and think anout something positive, it reallt does help. :)
hope this helps x
Would you elaborate on the effects this medicine has. I take several of them and am having extreme dizziness and tingling in fingers,also always exhausted.
Well here is my story and since I am currently going through all of the testing and I have excellent doctors that will never give up.... Figured I might as well tell my story and symptoms and results as they are available.

Age:35
Gender: Male
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 320

Started out about a year ago, I felt lightheaded, vertigo like symptoms, heart racing, anxiety, and a sense of not feeling right or beside myself. I had tingling in my fingers, seemed to start at the top of my hand and move down. I had random pains in my forearm, mid-bicep, and far left side of my chest.

I would have these symptoms pretty much every day and it was absolutely exhausting. Not only did the symptoms make me feel crappy, but the vertigo/lightheadedness made me have semi-anxiety attacks. Seemed I would go to work and spend a bulk majority of the time simply trying to hang in there and fight off the symptoms. Constant fan blowing on me, listening to nature sounds, anything I could do.

Finally went to the doctor as honestly I had enough.

Immediately I was referred to a cardiologist, due to my weight as I am at risk.I had a standing and sitting stress test, ekg, echo, pet scan, and I wore a holter for a couple of days. With the exception of elevated BP, all of the testing came back negative and no heart problems. I was prescribed Losartan (25mg), for the BP. My BP was on average about 135/78, not crazy high, but high enough. I seem to feel BP changes more than others, and that includes sodium sensitivity and caffine/nicotine sensitivity. Sodium, caffine, nicotine, seemed to make the symptoms more exaggerated.

Also I during this time I had blood work completed to rule out parathyroid/thyroid problems, diabetes, and a few rare diseases I never heard of and can't remember. All results came back clean or negative.

After a couple of weeks on the medicine I definitely felt 80 -90% better, but still slightly off. My BP went to an average of 120- 130/ 70 - 80. The rounds of dizziness or vertigo like symptoms would come and go with severity. Some triggered by just sitting around, others could be when I move my head quickly or stand up quickly. Over all though the improvement was huge and I felt much better.

This past weekend, almost a year later, I had a severe bout of the tingling, arm and far left chest pain, vertigo and lightheaded like symptoms. Went to the ER they did a basic blood panel, and ekg. All was fine. I did exhibit nystagmus, so I had a CT scan of my brain. That also showed clear. They prescribed me a medicine for the dizziness and since I wasn't emergent, discharged and referred back to my doctors.

I had my appointment today and I am being scheduled to visit a neurologist and I am having an MRI done on my brain and some different blood work to rule out MS. I am also seeing an ENT to have a VNG check and some other tests to rule out meiners disease.

At this point, with my symptoms we are in the "rule out" phase. I will be sure to keep everyone up to date with findings and testing results. I can be as specific as you guys like. Should have something up in the next week or so maximum.

Also keep in mind these symptoms are indicative of alot of things and honestly could be experiencing more than one issue. In my case it could be high sensitivity to blood pressure, and an inner ear issue, and something else. Or it could be MS coupled with something else.

It doesn't have to be just one thing causing a problem, it can be a couple more mild issues piled together, or it could be something I would rather it not be like MS or Lupus, etc....

Either way I will let you guys know what happens with my last round of testing this week and next.
Opps I forgot... I have really amazing doctors all around. My general physician is amazing, cardiologist is completely awesome, and all nurses and practioners have been great...

It is really important to find good doctors, especially with symptoms like these that have dozens and dozens of possible causes. My docs really care about the patients and want to get to the bottom of things...

Its really important to have the right docs.....
Sounds like a vitamin B-12 deficiency. Are you vegan? Or vegetarian?
If you don't absorb enough vit B-12 from your food (you don't get any B-12 if you are a vegan) you will eventually get neurological problems a couple of years down the line. Permanent nerve damage can occur. Take an "under the tongue" B-12 pill every day and see if your symptoms lessen.
Also, have your thyroid and adrenal gland function tested.
Good luck!
I realize it's been a few years...hope you are doing better...just wondered if they ever checked your blood counts....and if hematologist reviewed it.
My MRI was completed, it was with and without contrast. The results were completely clear, no lesions, masses, etc... I have had a urinalysis, and this weekend will be completing a a 24 hour urinalysis for some final testing.

The following blood work has been completed up to this point.

-Fasting Glucose Blood Test
- A1C Blood Test
- CBC with differential
- COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
- Electrolyte Panel
- TSH
- T3
- T4

I am having more blood work completed next week to verify the cathecholamines and VMA's as well as HH6 and TSH again. The last test showed my HH6 and TSH were borderline high and the docs want those re-verified.

I have also been referred to a neuro-ENT, to double check my MRI as well as complete a VNG exam and test for Meniers Disease. That appointment is also next week.

I am also going to revisit the cardiologist to have one final PET scan completed to be absolutely sure nothing was missed.

I will provide updates on all the testing in the next two weeks and let you guys know if they find anything.
Hi there, so i recently believe i am hypoglycemic but my doctor says all my test are normal. Ive had insane headaches for the last two months on and off, oddly enough my headaches will go away and come back if i go about my day as if nothing is bugging me.  Over the last month they became worse... i started to feel light headed, dizzy, and faintish.  Nothing will help my headaches, its this pounding feeling that just wont go way no matter what i take, nothing seems to work.  So ive started to eat healthy cut out everything that is said not to have for someone who is hypoglycemic, but yet im still having these painful headaches.  Any suggestions??
yes i have vertigo in it is very stressful when i first found out that i had it i got medcine for it and was feeling better 4 months later this morning it came back i believe it's cause my blood pressure been up and i have a panic disorder plus it's been in it's 100....
Hello.
Im 19, got a son of 4 months and since having him I've started feeling really weak every morning, it's that bad I physically can't get myself out of bed to pick him up, not only that but around teatime I sometimes get really dizzy and can't stand up, and feel short of breath, and q cold sweat. I eat something and that doesn't seem to help, plus constant tiredness no matter how much I sleep for. I've been to the doctors but they were no help. I generally do know what to do cause I feel like im missing out on my son's first couple of months, any suggestions or help as to what to do to improve this.... Please x
have you even thought to go talk to a gastrologist about intestinal paprasites ?
Oh wow i do hope by now you`ve seen a dr who empathizes and actually understands what could be causing those symptoms..
I`m no dr ,but i do have dixed fibro ,and also get alot of Tinnitus symptoms..wooshing/ringing/generally weird tune in like sounds in my left ear particularly..hearing is almost zilch too ,and when i get a bad "attack" i shake ,the pain is awful ..and all over./.(what they describe when u di have fibro as "widespread" pain?
I have tingling/numbness in my hands/feet ,sometimes down parts of my arms/legs too...Fast heart beat ,b/p high/low....but awful giddyness when i try to stand..my balance is all over ,as if i`ve been drinking!
Hope you`ll soon feel better ,i`m off to the drs v soon ,as my ears are hurting so bad i want to cry like a baby!!!..Hugs!!xx
I am 55 and have just awakened with another of these "attacks"' which has led me to you.  Dull, constant middle of my head headache, ears and head "full" and ringing a bit, felt flushed  and dizzy.  This past weekend I had all symptoms of a bladder infection and so my doctor put me on cipro (have taken just one at dinner yesterday)while we wait for result of urinalysis.  Headache reaches down into my neck which feels achey (achy) and glands feel somewhat swollen.  My doctor has lowered my thyroid meds to 125 micrograms which for all this week seemed to be helping my cold nose and hands.  Yesterday not to be gross, but every time I had to go it was diarrhea , not painful, I can't make it kind, just not normal.  Like so many of you I have had countless blood tests, cardiology tests etc. which have ruled out everything.  For over a year I have been dealing with a bad and painful hip but all that I take for it is tart cherry juice, which is also my only dietary change in recent weeks. As I write the flushing and lightheadedness is abating, but the headache remains. What is wrong with me?  Also almost feels like blood is all in my neck and is stuck there if that makes any sense.
me too i feel the same i'm 14 >,< can i ask?? what is this sickness called??
I tried it and i'm 14. may i know what illness is this??
I was finally diagnosed... If you read the symptoms of my posts and my post history in this thread..

I have/had a superior canal dehisence. I had surgery to repair this issue 3 weeks ago and already the bulk majority of my symptoms are gone. I need another 2 -3 weeks for the bone to fuse for complete repair.

Regardless it was finally the ENT's with a VEMP and VNG exam that determined my issue.

So don't give up, these symptoms are hard to diagnose and cover a wide range of causes, disorders, diseases, and viruses. Hang in there, surround yourself with excellent physicians and given enough testing and investigation a solution will be found... :)

Hang in there!
My 23 year old son has just started experiencing some tingling and numbness on his right side, shortness in breath, feels cold like his body temp is too low.  What on earth could it be?
I had all of the same symptoms.  After going to ER thinking it was heart attack and everything was fine.  I went to my Doctor he said it might be migrane (migraine) related if my face was numb and headache all the time fast heart beat dizzy.  I thought I was going to die.  
It wasn't Migrane (migraine) it was not heart related so what was it ...    I went to a new Dr. He said its a panic attack or  anxiety    I said No way it can't be.  Doctor looked at me and said its panic attacks I got them in medical school.  
He put me on a pill that I take every day and then one that I take as needed.
I'm 100% better now and don't feel like I'm going to drop dead.
Hope this helps many of you guys having these same symptoms.  
I would get headache, numbing face arm hand, dizzy, jaw pain, tunnel vision, heart palpitations, fast heart beat, shortness of breath.
Hope my post helps    
Well, here I am, thinking I am having a stoke. My symptoms are the same as I have read and have had blood work as well. Yesterday I was at the chiropractor who checked for stroke issues. Once he worked on me my balance was better and my headache was gone. I was told by my GP that I had migraine syndrom (syndrome) yet couold not account for the weakness and off-balance. It happened immediatley as I was walking between concourses at the Charlotte airport and have been with me for a week and a half. Needless to say my heart rate is off the wall if I dwell on it. HELP!!
I AM NO DOCTOR BUT YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE FAMILIAR, CHECK YOUR B/P,I AM SURE IT WILL BE FINE, THERE IS PERHAPS ITEMS IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU KEEP INSIDE THIS COULD BE ONE FACTOR,CHILDHOOD, ETC.  THE OTHER IS AN IMBALANCE IN YOUR AUTONOMOUS NERVEOUS SYSTEM, TRY TO SPEAK WITH YOUR DR. I KNOW HE WILL FIND THE ANSWER, ALSO TRY SOME LOREZAPAM, IT IS ADDICTIVE BUT IT WILL HELP, NO ALCOHOL WITH IT. KEEP ME POSTED. you are not alone.happy new 2013
I am the exact same way... I used to get like that around once a year, now it's like once a week...
For several years I would have dizzy and lightheaded attacks, some often other times a month of two apart.   Finally found a doctor that discovered my Potasium Level was on marginal but doctors had over looked it. Now on Potasimn pills and have not had any problems.  Doctor had me go off pills for 5 days and then had an dizzy attack, as she wanted to see what would happen.  I am 82 years young and take Maxide 25 for years and it finally took too much potasium out of my system.  Just a suggestion
Reading all these comments i'm glad that i'm not the only one who's going thru this. It literally feel like i'm going mad and i'm almost giving up on life. Especially when the doctors say ur fine and u know ur not and all the tests come back negative, not that i want any of them positive, but i hope u understand. it feels like hell when u dont know whats wrong with you. I've had some of these symptoms for 5 moths now. It all started when i visited a doctor for a H Pylori infection. Before that i had had a series of sinus infections which had gotten worse over the years. Took some antibiotics then, but seems like my sinus issues plus the h pylori infection just made matters worse. Some tests also showed that my white blood cells were low. Also did a hiv test. I have never felt like this before. I know i suffer a panic disorder but these symptoms are nothing compared to the panic attacks.For the panic attacks, the symptoms subside after about 10-30 minutes or so. For 5 months now ive been experiencing a very rapid heart beat which i can see thru my blouse, when seated standing or laying down. I also have constant fatigue, loss of focus or concentration on stuff for a long time and feelings of exhaustion even after a small task. And especially when walking, i get out of breathe. I also had a feeling of numbness on my left hand and tingling and sharp shooting pains up and down my body. I also had chest tightness and sharp pains in my chest too. I thought it was the h pylori but my blood tests for h pylori are now negative after treatment. My blood sugar is normal. My blood pressure is normal according to the doctors, though it has always been a lil bit low all my life- i have a small body frame. HIV test was negative. Though some of the pain, like chest pain and sharp shooting pains up and down went after h pylori treatment I dont know what to do. I have moments of desperation where i feel so helpless and like im about to die and there's nothing i can do about it since the doctors still say im fine. I just feel like giving up on life. Its so frustrating and most of the time i just want to cry. First the panic attacks and now this keep holding me back on so many things. For how long should i have to suffer? My birthday is coming up in a week and for sure i dont feel like celebrating. I'm planning on visiting a specialist soon because i cant live like this anymore.
My goodness  sounds horrific,I have  done the same thing thank God my 19 yrs old son was home,I tolled him right when I felt awful , It was like, you know  something  is about to happen  seriously  scary,I said"call ambulance " ! By the  time they came I passed out and was unable responsive. I don't  remember  anything. I hope you're  feeling  better  and have  received  answers to whats going on. I am  praying  for  you. We have  to stand firm  in  the  Lord's Presence ,He is our  strength  when we are weak  or feeling  discouraged . Hang in there were stronger than we realize. Take care and God bless  you
I am deeply  sorry  for  what your dealing with  and going through. I have  had anxiety  along with  panicked attacks  too,and your right , it feels  like  your gona die. But,DONT EVER GIVE UP! It's  NOT AN OPTION !  THIS TOO SHALL  PASS! I went through  that for about  3 years, and my doctor  suggest  that  I attend a teaching  class about  anxiety  and  panicked disorders at mental  health , which  was the best thing I ever did. Because  shortly  after attending  the  class I had the worst  panicked attack of my life! I knew it was a full blown  attack but  also knew it was something  else,I did what I was taught in the  class but I knew something was serious  when I felt like  I  was  going  to  throw  up and boo boo at the  same  time plus couldn't breathe, was sweating, felt like I was going to die,pass out, then I   tried  to  stand up and fell down  because  I  had no control  of  my  limbs. My hands  curled at the  wrist and my thumb was dam near touching  my wrist. My ankles were bent too. I couldn't  speak  either, all while trying  to  breathe  the way I was taught,when  I  fell down my daughter  heard. The parametics said, I hypo ventilated. Later found  out  I had a seizure, I was so scared  I thought  I  was  having  a  stroke.  Eventually  I was healed from  panick disorder and anxiety after about 1 year. There's  hope and it will  go away, despair  offers NOTHING. With prayer and faith, knowledge  is power. Learn everything  you can about  what's going on keep a diary  every time  you have a symptom . We have  to  be  our own advocate . We're stronger  than  we know . I will  keep  you in prayer.Take care,God bless  you

I'm sorry about your symptoms, and I can truly relate to being weak, wondering if I will ever feel "normal" again, have body shakes, feeling light-headed, feeling unbelievably hot in my chest and legs, but cold in like toes and fingers, insomnia sometimes, a feeling of dropping iron or just something unexplained going on, finally I looked my symptoms up online and found out I might be dehydrated, but with low sodium and electrolytes in my blood, so I started mixing 3 scoops of powered PowerAde (Gatorade does not work for me), and shaking a good amount of salt in it, and drinking things like distilled water with added electrolytes instead of tap water, lots of orange juice, eating bananas, and red meat, because my body responds to lots of protein, I take 65 mg iron pills (= to 325 mg ferrous sulfate), which I find those at WalMart for like $1.80 something, but I drink so much oj that I buy it concentrate frozen so I can get more of them...my way may not be the ideal diet, but it's been bringing me a lot more peace until the doctors figure out what's going on...it is survival, so I'm praying for all of us, and listen to your body and maybe pray and find out what it responds to...thanks for sharing, and you are not alone.
Viewing 201-221 comments: