Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Light headed/dizzy, shaking, weak, numb/tingling on fingers and toes, f...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Light headed/dizzy, shaking, weak, numb/tingling on fingers and toes, flushed

Two weeks ago around 6pm I had an episode of multiple symptoms that precipitated very quickly, within about three minutes, without warning.  These included feeling very weak, shaking all over, light headed/dizzy,numbness/tingling on fingertips and toes, slight shortness of breath and chill.  I felt like passing out, flushed.  I figured it was from not eating so I grabbed a burger and it seemed to alleviate the problems.  Well, it happened again around the same time of day a few days later. But this time, eating didn't help as much.  Eventually the symptoms went away.  My colleagues observed that I looked very pale.  Since then, I have been experiencing episodes every day in the evening.  I keep a pile of energy bars in the office and gulp one down at the very first hint of weakness, shaking, which seems to go away in about ten minutes.  If I don't, the symptoms quickly intensify until I am so shaky and weak that I can't remain in a sitting position.
I've had blood/urine test and was told all is ok.  
Here's the curious part.   Last two days, instead of gulping down an energy bar, I've been taking Vitamin B-12 that dissolves under the tongue.  This seems to help alleviate the symptoms as well as the energy bar.
Any thoughts or guesses on this will be gratefully appreciated.
Thank you
Tags: test
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Hello!  I feel so much empathy for you.  My husband suffered from a wide array of symptoms (some similar to yours) for about 3 years before being diagnosed with Pheochromocytoma (you mentioned that blood and urine tests results were OK, but didn't say if that included a 24-hr urine test for cathecholamines and VMA's, usually used to screen for Pheo).

It is impossible to say if your symptoms are caused by the same illness but I see similarities that make it worth sharing his story:  My husband has always been an easy-going, happy, athletic man.  Changes started happening so gradually that we still cannot pinpoint when the whole thing started, but little by little he started losing interest in the things he used to love and entered a sort of mild depression, never crying of hopeless, but never really happy or excited about anything.  At times he would feel anxious without knowing why or would get angry about things that never would have bothered him before.   At any exertion, sweat would pour from his head and the rest of his body and he would continue sweating for a long time afterwards.  Heartburn and acid reflux, especially at night.  Flushing in the face, without apparent reason.

His doctor diagnosed him with depression.  Against his grain, he agreed to try different anti-depressants but things kept getting worse.  

Apart from all of the other symptoms, he started having some episodes that his doctor described as panic attacks.  They would happen without any apparent reason and the symptoms kept getting more pronounced over time.   By the summer of 2005, those attacks were very severe and we were terribly frightened, feeling that something was terribly wrong.  But no matter how much we researched information and argued and pleaded with his doctor, the diagnosis never changed.

According to the doctor, his blood pressure was always perfect and results of the standard blood tests were normal.

And the panic attacks continued.  They came out of nowhere, whether he was working, watching TV, etc.   Each episode lasted for about 1-2 minutes and included the following:  
*Shortness of Breath;
*Tunnel vision;
*Very strong heartbeat; he described it as if the blood had slowed down and was moving through his neck with extreme force;
*Tightness in upper chest;
*Mild headache;
*Lightheadedness and dizziness.

As the attack started to subside, he would feel tingling in his extremities and tremors in his hands.   After each episode he would feel completely drained and would yawns a lot.   Some days there were several episodes, and some days there were none.

One day he was hit by a sudden headache so strong that it knocked him to the ground and from then on, he started projectile-vomiting and was in and out of the hospital.  He was seen by various doctors and they would all agree with the original doctor's diagnosis of depression and panic attacks.  They would explain the horrifying headaches as migraines and send him home with loads of painkillers.  

Long story short, we finally ran into a doctor who dared to defy that diagnosis and order a 24-hr urine test for cathecholamines and VMA's.  The test showed that my husband had massive amounts of both in his system, indicating Pheochromocytoma (a tumor of the adrenal system).   A follow up CT-Scan confirmed it and showed that the tumor was located in his right adrenal gland and we immediately flew to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for surgery.  

The attacks were caused by a surge of hormone that this type of tumor excretes and the migraines were the result of his blood pressure shooting up.  

I realize that what I am saying is probably very scary, but the worst part is not knowing.  Wishing you a quick and positive resolution to the health challenges you've been going through.  
strangely I have the same symptoms that you have just mentioned and every one tells me its stress. Have you been able find out the realy reason. Please do let me know.
I get the same symptoms. It's Hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. You need to eat regularly, I eat every few hours and exercise can bring on an attack especially if you haven't eaten for a while.
  I just found this location to post. I am 39 year old healthy vegitarian male work out 5 days a week. Seem to live  retty stress free and happy life have a wonderful kid wife and amazing daughter of 5 years. It started for me about 3 months ago I was at the gym just tsrting a work out and felt a little week so I went into the locker to try and get a energy bar out of my locker and when I found my self in the locker room I all of the sudden started to feel the strangest sensations I had never felt before my back stared to sweat I was feelign even weaker and I could think about was hwo I was goign to get out of that locker room and into my car to feel safe. I made it to the car and when I got there things got worse my hands and feet started tingleing my lips too and my heart started beating really fase and I was sure I was having a heart attack so I called the aid car. They arrivied and gave me oxygen because I was hyperventilating and asked me how I was feeling and asked me if I wanted to sit there with them for awhile but I kept feelign worse so they took me to the ER and I was shaking and terrified when I arrived there. They gave me an AKG and tested my blood ressure and told me I was fine and that I was having a panic attack. I had neverheard of a panic attack. So the put some ativan in my IV and I calmed down. They sent me home with 10 2mg pills of ativan and told me to take them when I felt an attack coming on. So the 1st thing I did was make an appointment with a doctor to gets some more tests doen as this didnt seem right to me. they did blood tests blood pressure etc.. and said I was fine and that I have anxiety and gave me something called EFFXOR FX and I took it for a week and it made me feel really strange and disconnected so I stopped talking it. And for about 2 weeks I was fine sleeping normal and feeling relitivily fine.. Then it started all over again. Usually at night I would lay down and try to sleep and I my heart would beat out of my chest and I was terrified so I took my ativan and it usually calmed me down and put me to slee that went on for a couple of weeks and again I felt better until last weekend I got an attack even more severe than the one I had for the very 1st time my teeth were chattering, my body was shaking, my heart was beating out of my chest, everything was tingling, I couldnt breath etc... so I took my medince and it didnt work. And again I ended up in the ER sure I was having a heart attack so this time they took x-rays and more blood work and said I was fine. And since that day I wake up and feel like I can barely stand up and have no energy and just take this ativan and try to stay sedated. It is has become a very miserbale way of life and when I go to doctors they dont have any advice other than it is a panic disorder. But I somehow feel that it has something to do with a lack of mineral or vitamin that I need. Has anyone else every been through this or have any suggestions?
Oh, i feel so bad for you, i would ditch the doctors if they are not heloing and maybe try natural therapy, maybe naturopath or somethin.  I actualy had similar problems to what ive been reading but think its based around the adrenal gland.

I was on holidays in europe, im from australia, anyway i think my body was really run down from stressing out from trip b4, scared of flying, i was pretty run down, did london, did a bit of drinking and went to amsterdam, smoked a bit of marijuana, anyway it wasnt until a few days later when it hit me, i woke up really light headed, dizzy, my legs,feet,arms and hands were numb, couldnt really feel anything, i nearly collapsed in the street, everything was delayed, i was slow in the head, i would sweat really bad in my sleep, this lasted over 7 days straight, into the 3rd day i could barely stomach food, i would somethimes throw up when eating, no matter how much water i would drink i would barely go to the toilet, it was very scary, kinda felt like being stoned with a few extra symptoms, i wasnt keen on goin to a foreighn hospital so i came home.

I remember waking up everymorning thinking it will be ok today but never was, it felt like i was gong to be like this forever.

well i seen a nauropth today, she looks at your eyes and checks blood pressure and stuff like that, she said it was my adrenal gland,and a combination of other things, cant get into to much detail, but it sounds kinda right after reading a bit about it, im booked in to see my GP in a few days also. Ive been givin some b vitamins and other stuff to take so hope i feel i bit better.  But i feel really bad for you guys who are still experiencing the symptoms you mention, good luck with everything.
Ive just searched my symptoms on the net and this forum came up. Im suffering from the same thing. Ive been a veggie for 24 yrs now and Im just about to hit my 35 birthday. I have 2 children who keep me busy and a partner whos even more demanding.

Anyhow, I can't put my finger on when I started to feel like I do. My cheeks are flushed most of the time, Im light headed, feel dizzy, feel cold at night in bed and have this shaking feeling inside me at night when I lay down. Sometimes, not often I experience like a heart rush where its beating so fast and my short of breath I think Im heading for a heart attack. This could happen in bed or just watching the TV?  To top it all off I have no energy and I mean no energy.

In terms of my personality and how I live. Im think of myself as very healthy not over weight, I exercise, and I love life. Im easy going and nothing bothers me in life and I wish everyone well. So depression is out of the window along with anxiety. Ive started to take a B-vitamin complex but I don't feel the symptoms are reducing quick enough! Has anyone got any other ideas on what I should do? My blood pressure is fine, urine fine and blood fine?etc

get your parathyroid checked. It can cause allot of those symptoms. I too was test for Pheo Chromo Cytoma but it came back negative.
This may be a stretch but my daughter had some really weird symptoms going on for months before finally being diagnosed with POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrom (syndrome)).  It has a variety of similar symptoms.  One thing you can check is blood pressure while laying down, then again when sitting with feet on floor, and again while standing.  In a person with POTS typically their heart rate will increase 30 beats per minute from the laying down position to the standing position.  It can cause extreme fatigue, dizziness, near blacking out (some people do black out) racing heart rate, flushing of skin, migraines, etc. etc.
I am so sorry for what you are all going through.....I know how frustrating it can be going back to the doctor over and over again and feeling like they don't think anything is wrong ...even feeling like maybe they think you are imagining it!
Don't give up.....keep searching for answers.....on the internet and new doctors if needed.  Eventually you will find the cause.
take care
:)
I am 27years old, never had any major health problems but now that I am working on gettin depression & anxiety along with those wonderful migraines under control I have been having some really strange sensations.   See about 1 1/2 yrs ago I was sent to a neurologist to do some different test because we were concerned about some tingling in my fingers, well no symptoms or signs since back then.  A little over 2wks ago, I ended up in the ER with a migraine so bad I was so sick.  I tell the ER nurse that i was tingling in my fingers & lips, she says oh just calm down, its called anxiety.  Well trust me, if that was the case, if anyone truly new the stress in my life at this point, I would have had it everyday.  Then last week on wed. while at work, I was lightheaded all day long, eating, checking BP having sugar NOTHING seemed to work.  I had to deal with all these feeelings all of you are talking about allllll day long.  Now this weekend is the first wkd I have been able to totally relax and enjoy, well of course yesterday afternoon I get all these feelings again......this morning wake up with them alll...cant even enjoy a great wkd w/ the girls, what the heck am I supposed to do???? I can not k=live like this being I work in a pediatricians office, have 3 boys of my own and a husband.....come on....anymore advice???? I dont know what to do, I am tired of all the blodd test and tehy come back negative, the neurologists cant find anythng, not that I want something wrong.....I just want to FEEL better and be able to function everyday.....HELP ME PLEASE!!!
HI!!!I know what you guys mean...Eversince my freshman year in high school, i have had various symptoms and no one knows what it is. It started when i was in Gym class. I got lighheaded, my head started to heart, my heart was pounding(because i was running), i was dizzy, shaking , shortness of breath and so forth, and i looked pale...Anyway i thought it would go away that it might be because i was out of shape and was not use to working out...Eversince it has happend to me multiple of times like tons of times...HOwever, my heart is not punding, but i get dizzy, headache(which runs to my eyes), shaking, my whole body feels week and in pain...but i could not describe what kind of pain its just such a weird sensation that i have no words to describe, also i shake and so forth.... I have gone to the doctor many times and no one tells me anything, your heart test, brain test, blood, test all is fine... It might be that your not getting enough oxygen/liquid to the brain and thats why i get all that...OK? And how can i make that better...no one knows...For a while i though it was my sugar, a drop of sugar in my body, but know not even sugar really helps that much...Its been over 4 years now, now i am a freshman but in collge, and still i get this and no one know what it is. This is often and i am scared that it might affect my work(beacuse i am so weak and so much in pain) that i just cant go and my school as well, i miss college and i just dont know what to do..
Today i am going to the doctor and telling them everything and this time they better have an answer....Today i am home feeling like this, and researching because i am not about  to live my whole life like this, i am just 18...Also gentlemen that said that he thinks it might be something of minerals and so forth...i agree i was researching and anemia causes alot of the things i have....and researching into anemia...its something that it might be linked to...And if any of you know what this is please let me know what i can do because this is horrible...
Good Luck to Everyone!!!
I am 28 years old, I have all the symptoms you guys have, last Saturday, I have the same problem again, this is my third time. I felt dizzy,  shortness of breath, cold and pale face, my hands and feet numb and muscles cramped. The first time when I had this problem, I went to ER, unconscious. But all my blood tests and other tests are fine. I was a professional swimmer, no other illness. I am worry about that I may have some kind of serious sickness and disease.
When it happens, even I eat food and sugar things, it doesn't work at all. Laying down helps. I felt no blood and oxygen go through to my brain.
I hope someone can find the solution to fix our problems.
When I stand up or turn my head to fast I get dizzy lighheaded tingling in the top of my   ( head tips of finger's and in toung)   and it's not blood suger's I check it every time I eat hade a head scan done said it was fine blood work come back ok have itchecked every 6 month's but it's so bad at time's I wish I was dead ,,,,,NOT THAT I WOULD DO ANY THING .LOL  I love my famly to much but The doc's tell me every thing is ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,im sorry but this is not ok somthing is rong ,if any one has heard of this please let me know
  taking all of this aint helping I see  

Safety Summary: Your medication check has detected interactions involving Cymbalta, Fenobibrate, Levothyroxine, Diazepam, Benicar and Lovastatin, and identified at least one medication with a red risk rating. This means you may be at increased risk of serious side-effects, and should closely monitor your progress on these medications with your doctor.
i am a 21 year old female and i am having the same  symptoms with out the shaking and numb toes and its been going on for almost  a week now i am kinda scared and i was told it almost sounds like a stroke but only  my left arm my face and only my right hand go tingly and numb.i also have a cough so bad it hurts to cough and i have tired almost everything multi-vitamins vicks  its just not  working
also i get feverish through out the day
Hi everyone  Im 19 year old, female. I know excatly how all you guys feel and I'm so glad I can relate to you guys. I have been suffering from what they now diagnosed me with "panic disorder", but for the past 4 years it has gotten worst to the point where I dont leave my house anymore. I've been getting extreme fatigue to the point where I cant even move, mood swings, waking up literally shaking to death and feeling so out of it and my pulse starts to rise to like 160. I get nightmares everynight and I have insomia, I dont end up falling asleep until like 7am because everytime I try to sleep my heart starts beating and I get weird feelings and numbness. Ive been to every doctor in the book. I have been to cardiologist and they just told me nothing was wrong with my heart. Ive had my thyroid test checked and it came back normal. I still think its a hormonal problem. Does anyone know if getting the pituitary gland checked is related to the thyroid test ? Or do you get a different test from it ? If anyone knows Id really appreciate it ! And everyone know your not alone and I know how hard it is to go through this and how scary and can be not knowing whats wrong with you ! hang in there everyone !
Have you had a 24 hour provoked urine test to test for heavy metals poisoning?For example mercury poisoning which can give symptoms of palpitations,personality changes etc.
Also a test for lymes disease might be worth considering if you havn't already had that and another avenue that might be worth looking into is a good Chinese medicine practioner but maybe not just anyone but someone with high knowledge.
Did you also receive a tilttable test at the cardiologists?

http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/layperson/symptoms.html
I am a 21 year old female from Chicago, IL. Ive been back and forth to the ER for the past few years and I was diagnosed as being just fine. Mind you my heart was aching, headaches, abdominal pains, and bad chest pains. They'd give me Tylenol for my pain and that is it. It wasn't until I was on my way to the military that they caught the fact that I had a large amount of protein in my urine. I was sent to a doctor and was diagnosed with lupus. I went to another and they went off the 1st and said the same thing. I haven't been back since Jan 08'. I am scared of what they have to say, But for the past month or so things have gotten worse. Sometimes my whole arms go numb for no reason. Shortness of breath, me heart feels so tight, I get very dizzy and I am very fatigue and in a lot of pain at least 3-4 times a week I have these spells last sometimes for about 15-20 mins and sometime hours. (As I am writing this, I have to take take deep breaths, I feel like I am going to pass out). I don't know whats wrong and I am afraid to go back to the doctor. I can't live with the fact they believe I have Lupus. My grandmother died of Lupus. Help?

I just wondered if any of you had looked into 'Gilberts Syndrome'? Just a possibilty and easily identified with a blood test.
i know how you guys feel for 3 years im been getting headaches also having this weird tight feeling in my head and not having eny enegy to do the stuff that i used to be able to do befor that i used to get light headed feelings all the time they would only go for a little bit and come back i went to the doctor and she tested my heart and said it sounds fine and gave me tablets i felt better when they wear of i would go back to the same but my mum and doctor saiid that its because i wont go to bed untiil like 8.am or sometimes 10.oo an only get 2hrs sleep sometimes i would go without sleeping when i got the tablets i went sleep eairy and got up eairly and i felt good eairly then now i will saty up all night and sleep all day my mum said thats why im getting headaached and the tight feeling in my head i say  to my mum think i have a brain tumer and my frinds they just say its all in my head years ago i had bad brathing probloms were somtimes i wldent sleep because i was scared i would stop breathink its going on so long i cant remeber when i felt proper normal xxxxx
Hi! I am a 18 year old girl, and I have experienced these same symptoms twice at work, where I am a cashier. First I would just feel uncomfortable and kinda warm and then I would feel dizzy. Then I would feel even more light-headed and dizzy and would feel as though I would faint if I didn't sit down. This all felt not painful, but extremely unpleasant. Then my arms and legs would go numb and feel weird, kinda like pins and needles but not quite. I would have to breathe in and out heavily to reduce the discomfort a bit. The second episode of this lasted longer than the first so I am a little scared that it might be getting serious. This definitely interferes with work since I am out of commission for more than half an hour. My co-workers keep asking if I ate that day, and truthfully, I did. The first day I had eaten a big lunch with rice and vegetables and fish. The second day, I had eaten a cheese sandwich and orange juice for breakfast. Therefore, low blood sugar is clearly not the cause, despite what my co-workers might think. Anyways, the general "feeling" of the whole thing is really horrible, and I really hate it. Any suggestions?
I would ask for a neurologist examination and an MRI of the brain.  These symptoms are indictative of other more serious problems.  There are all kinds of things that could be wrong but dizziness is caused by the brain or the ears.  There is Meniere's disease which should only be considered after everything else is ruled out.  The shakiness may be a neurological type of problem.  Lupus, MS and other autoimmune diseases cause symptoms like these.  Thyroid problems have been linked to autoimmune illnesses.
I have VERY similar symptoms (dizziness, "fuzzy" vision, lightheaded, shaking uncontrollably, not following conversation well, chest pressure, rapid heartbeat), went to the ER once and they did a ton of tests, EKG, blood work, chest x-ray, pregnancy test, and all came back normal. They just gave me fluids and sent me home. It happened again a week later on vacation, and I've had milder symptoms of it every day since for the past two weeks. In the past I would have thought those episodes were due to low blood sugar, but I had eaten well before both times.

I was finally able to see the doctor and he thinks it's sinus related (though I've never had "sneezing, runny nose" type allergy symptoms). Do you hear clicking/popping when you roll your head around? Does a steam inhaler help at all? Sometimes chronic sinus issues can build up to the point where it throws your whole body out of whack. What's really helped relieve the dizziness for me has been using something called a Neti pot. It sounds really gross, as you pour it in one nostril, it clears out your sinuses and comes out the other nostril. I was reluctant to try it, but when I did, wow, it helped! I've been taking Claritin for a few days and the dizziness is gone as well as the fact that I feel more "present." What hasn't gone away yet is the tightness in my chest, lethargy, and nausea, though...I hope I just need to be on it longer. I might also have some unrelated virus, too, that needs to be addressed separately. I'll be going to see an allergist soon.

I wish all of you luck; I know what it's like to feel out of control and frustrated when doctors don't have the answers. Be sure to post if you do figure out what's wrong! These forums have been of great comfort to me to see I'm not alone.
i have alot of the same problems. 3 months ago i was healty as can be. i went to bed one night absolutly fine. i woke up the next morning and just felt like **** really tired. like i hadent slept at all. the rest of the day i could bearly stay awake. i was feeling dizzy and light headed. i went to the ER. they did an ekg, bklood work, chest xrays. all cam back fine they gave me fluids. the had me do the stand ,sit,lay blood pressure test. they could see i have orthostatic hypotention but they could see the cause. they said "there is something wrong with you but we dont know what it is". i couldnt believe they said that. they then sent me home. that was 3 months ago.
since ive been back there 2 more times and they tell me nothing. the doctor tried top point at panic attacs............thats deffinatly not it i told him.
so ive been dealing with this for awhile my symptoms started with my toes getting cold then dizzy, sleepy, fatigued, confused,loss of memory(minor), really hard to breat at times, run outta strength after a few steps, tunnel vision, fuzzy vision, sharp pain in my eyes and temple.
its slowly getting worse. im not really sick to my stomach or have the shakes.
the vision thing is what concerns me the most its the most prominent issue. its there all the time fuzzy just not right.
someone above described it as "not present" thats how i feel all the time. its like im high or kinda buzzed.
lately ,if any of you have got a concussion before, my eyes get all squirly in my head it last about 15 20 seconds then it slowly passes.

is anyone elses vision as screwy as mine seems

im not sure wat the problem is. i have no health insurance. its killing me relationship because all i want to do is lay there because im to tired.

not knowing if this is something that could be fatal makes me want my life back so much. im mentally breaking because of this.

im trying to get health insurance but thats as bad as the problems are

i have gastritus and ive done some research and alot of the above problems list stomach problems as a cause for alot of this.
Most of the posts I read, are what I have been through and other members in my family. It's your ADRENAL GLANDS pls everyone take a look at your adrenals as I am sure many will recover.
- Don't skip meals
- Eat every 2 hours
- What you eat needs to be low Glycemic foods, under 55
- Take Omega 3
- and take lots of B vitamins, some Naturopath's have injections of B vitamins, Myers Cocktail
- get your sleep and watch your stress levels
So MANY people are suffering from Adrenal issues, b/c of our busy lives we have stressed our adrenal glands.
I am 24 year old female and I have been having almost the exact same symptoms you've described. I have gone to multiple doctors, had extensive blood tests, and urine test with everything coming back normal. my stomach was in constant pain for a few weeks too and an ultrasound showed everything was fine. I too am getting sick and annoyed of being in constant pain all over and changing from day to day. The eye pain has become the most recent and frequent the past few days. Its been two months of hell for me. Another symptom is I dont feel dizzy but rather I feel just off balance as if I loose my footing while standing or walking. I have had the constant sinus type feeling, sometimes in my ears, sometimes nose or throat! I just feel like everything is wrong with me and it is breaking me down :( ....if anyone has any similar symptoms please let me know.
I've read most of the posts on this forum and most people have had the same experiences that i've been having for the last couple years. I know i have a panic&anxiety disorder. the first panic attack i've had was about 4 years ago. a while after that, i never experienced them anymore.. i guess it's partly because i didn't know what it was. however now its clear that i have an anxiety disorder, which makes it worse because at times i expect that i'm about to have one which worsens the situation. my doctor perscribed me anti depressants and it didn't react well with my body. i had to go to the ER after i took my first pill. my body felt ICE cold. i was so weak i couldnt stand up. i was very pale. i couldnt feel my body, everything went extremely numb. afterwards the doctor perscribed me ativan to take when i start feeling an anxiety attack coming. but after the anti depressant episode, i was too scared to take anything else. i feel as if i'm not in my own body, "not present" i guess. i feel like i have a bad high. i'm scared to drink alchohol, to smoke weed (i used to for years and my highs felt abnormal i guess due to the anxiety but i never knew), im scared to even take tynenols. i now have a serious phobia of consuming anything drug like, any kind of medication. just a few days ago i had the worst anxiety attack i've ever experienced..theyre only getting worse as time progresses. i suddenly felt light headed, very cold. i couldnt breathe normally, i was practically grasping for air. i tried to drink water but then my arm & hands started cramping up and feeling really numb. after a while, it hurt to even open my hand up. it was in a fist and i felt like i would never have control over my arm again. i was taken to the ER and they said everything was normal, blood, urine, sugar level, nerve system. it was just my ANXIETY... once again. the only answer i ever hear. the doctor told me that i should go through "Cognitive Behavioural Therepy". i feel that anxiety is one of the worst illnesses to handle because simple medications can't treat it...we have to find a way to treat it another way.. if anyone has further answers to this, PLEASE HELP..
Hey,

this morning i woke up and i had the worst stiff and sore neck in the world. i couldnt move it side to side, could move it a bit upwards but not at all downwards, thats the most painful part. i get this every now and then, have had physio for it and was told it was due to tension and posture and sometimes lasts to up to a week. this time, id had it for the last 2 days but today i literally couldn't lift my head from my pillow. i started crying (the pain is unbearable), and forced myself to get up, and went to sit down. but then i started to feel so dizzy and sick and i started massively shaking. i felt so hot and i started sweating all over me, my face, my body, my arms, my legs, and this lasted for quite a while, im not sure how long, but i just sat there crying and waited for it to pass. i couldnt see anything, everything was sparkly and flurry. apparently i was really pale. i went to lie down when id cooled down and apparently a rash formed on my face.
about 3 weeks ago for two weeks i kept feeling dizzy and having hot flushes.

what does this sound like?
please help me, im only 17 x
my heart also began to race and it was hard to keep my eyes open
Hi everyone. I completely agree with all of you, the doctors keep telling us that it's either anxiety or absolutely nothing. All we have to do is eat more, do breathing exercises or have a healthier lifestyle and all will be fine. Forgive me but I do not believe in any of those suggestions when I'm feeling like I have to fight for my life while being extremely helpless! No, thank you! Everyone can eat salad, walk to their car and turn on their TVs without the remote. It's better than nothing!
Ever since I could remember I've always had the same symptoms but some either increased or were never there before. Almost every single day when I wake up, I feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. Maybe it's normal because most people do feel dizzy when they wake up but it's the same feeling for me the entire day! There were numerous times when I would be rushed to the ER in the middle of busy work because my skin felt like ice, I was shivering but sweating profusely, the entire left or right side of my body is tingling, on the verge of convulsing, my lips are pale white as well as my face (even if I'd put one extra blush that day), my eyes sometimes roll back in my head (yes) and I have blacked out several times. Granted, I've dealt with depression a long time ago and that was just a little part of my life. I've always been carefree and fun but now, I can't seem to "find time" for things I used to love. I wake up ten minutes before I leave for work and is always thirty minutes late, I stay in bed ALL day on my days off, my apartment is now a dump because I'm always exhausted to even try to put my used plate to the sink. It's draining and I don't know what to do.
I am 25 years old, I used to run on the beach almost every day, I have WiiFit and I used to enjoy it at least three or four times a day and I was also a basketball player in my high school. Now, I'm pretty much a burden to everyone I come across with and I am so sick of being like that. I need help. I need the doctors to tell me what's really going on. I need them to actually do something when I come in for a consultation or in the ER and not just look at me for three seconds. I need a thorough kind of test but every time I go see a doctor they only want to see you for that one certain reason why you came in. You'd actually have to make a new appointment for something else.
I'm desperate to be back. I want to be able to not let everyone down. I want to make my life worthwhile.
I havent looked up much on the bodies hormone system but it sounds like it would lie in there somewhere.  A lot of you seem like vegetarians so i know you are down with taking care of yourself.  I would think to atleast start with a detox and maybe even a heavy metal detox.  not from a bottle though but with food.  I feel this might not help any though because you may have got a deficiency or for some reason things have progressivly hard to change and adapt to a problem as the body does all the time.  I first thought maybe signs of diabetes but seems like there are too many symptoms for that.  I know that the thyroid produces hormones and something about those hormones and how the thyroid works is tied in with the other hormone producing parts of the body.  maybe look stuff up for hypo and hyperthyroid. Some food such as spinach i believe can release a chemical called goitergens or something like that which inhibits the uptake of thyroid nutrients or something on those lines.  I would look into that.  see what extreme symptoms could be.  what foods do this. if you are getting enough iodine and other essential components for thyroid function and also what other parts of the body the thyroid effects. mainly the chemical system parts is what i would look for.  get your thyroid checked. oh and i see atleast one person has done this.  remember the doctors as you know can not tell everything.
Well,  i too have had somewhat daily "epsodes" of what i thought was low blood sugar, but i has developed into more than just a  lightheaded and somewhat shakey (shaky) feelings into, shortness of breath, tingling of fingers and lips, hard to get a  good breath,  i work hard everyday, been working alot of overtime and stresing a little.  I am 35yr old male had a chest x ray lots of b lood EKG, the doctors are calling it CO poisoning as i had been staying in a propane heated trailer to work remotly. I am not so sure that it is CO poisoning. they sent me home with a oxygen machine to suck on for 24-48 hours to help with the shortness of breath. today i have gone from weak and shakey (shaky) to sweaty, hot and cold, stil have some shortness of breath. notg sure what will be next but i will ask my doctor aboutthe adrenal gland tommorw. will keep you informed, cuase this is a terrible feeling and i have a life to live.
My mom is 71 yrs old. Since couple of months she has extremely High BP at night and runs dangerously low BP in the mornings.No matter how her mediines are adjusted, nothing is working. when she has High BP , her face gets flushed red, her hands start trmbling and she feels cold. If anybody knows anything about these symtoms (symptoms) , pls let us know. All her tests are normal.
OMG!!!......It makes me feel a little better to hear that other people feel da same as i do .. i thought i was going crazy for a second.. well first i am 19 yrs old and i have been experincing da same symptoms. the whole dizziness,headaches,tight feeling in my head, shortness of breath,numbness in my arms n legs along with my face sometimes,my vision i cant look straight, i feel tired and lazy i dont want to do anything like drive or get a job because im scared and im always feeling like this, i am desperate and really want it to stop please if anybody can give me information about it i would highly appreciate and not feel alone. i get really nervous and scared i think i am going to have a heart attack or something. it's been going for a couple months already, i've been to the doctor they check for blood work and all that and again im ok and perscribed me pain killers for my headaches , thats it. im tired of it sooo bad , i got on the internet to find out ,which brings me to yall. i figured i give it a shot and tell yall and get a response please!!!! I 've just been trying to fight it and ignore it thinking it's nothing and tired of complaining to everybody but i really want it to go away.  If anyone can talk to me or message me please!!!
im 15 and i have all the same symptoms that all of you are describing. its freaky. fairly healthy, fairly active, but im always tired
the spells happen about once a week on a good week, 3 or 4 times, normally. they used to happen onny at night, but now they are hapopenning at school, though. im freaked out. any ideas as to cause?
Well Im 24 and the other day i stood up and blacked out.. when i got back up it was real hard for me to breathe.. I felt like I was dying.. I cant eat it feels like my chest is tight.. feels like my throught is closing. im dizzy lightheaded.. feels like there is a sharp pain in my heart..weak in the arms and legs, when i look around it seems like i have been drinking and all... I went to the er and they didnt check me for anything. they just told me i was having a panic attack... so couple of days later i went to another er and they ran test. check my blood did xrays said my heart lungs and everything else was ok.. said i was just having i panic attack they asked me why and i told them the only thing that can be bringing this is is me thinkin about how i found my  mother dead.. im affaird to go to sleep at night thinking i might die in my sleep just like she did... well i woke up this morning and i felt short of breath.. the drs gave me some xanax.. it seems to help so far... but it makes me extremely tired... but I still think there is something else wrong... I am terrified...
I have been urinating frequently like every hour or a little less and if I dont eat within a certain amount of hours, my hands and feet begin shaking. What can this possibly mean? HIgh blood pressure?
I have all of the same exact symptoms as most of you on here.  All but one .  I too searched my symptoms and this forum came up.  I was very surprised to see that there were so many others with my issue.  It started when I was just siting on the couch typing on my laptop when all of the sudden I felt weak and felt like if I didnt eat something within a few seconds, that I would go into shock or something.  My face started to get numb, my left arm started tingling and it got extremely cold to the touch.  I usually eat a can or two of tuna everyday with a little mayo.  It is very good to me, so thats the first thing I went for because it is very quick to make.  I took a few bites and it tasted completely different than it normally does it almost tasted totally bland.  So I thought maybe it was bad.  So I opened another can that was bought more recently, and it was just as bland.  So I saw a can of green beans in the pantry and they looked good, so I opened them into a bowl with lots of salt and pepper and heated them for a couple minutes.  They tasted really bland too!  I thought I was about to get sick, but somehow I was able to keep what I ate down(which wasnt much).  I am a very conscious eater and never eat junk food, but my sister had some donuts out so I grabbed one and ate it faster than I could chew it.  It seemed to help a little, but now I still have some slight tingling in my left arm and I feel really weak and just give out.  I get the severe headaches and the short temper, which is NOT me at all.  I wonder what the significance of the need for food so badly is in relevance to the other symptoms.  I also get the nervous shaky feeling and the rapid heartbeat, and the random panic attacks.  It is very unnerving, and I am terribly worried.  Thanks
I have the same symptoms and have suffered from various deficiencies and other ailments. However this particular problem started with a numb toe. Stayed numb nearly 3 months. Finally I got a doctor that thought to test my blood again. She found a B-12 deficiency. I started the sublingual which has helped some. My toe is not constantly numb anymore. BUT I now keep having episodes that start with numbness in my extremeties (finger, toes, hands, feet, then arms and legs- or any combo of the above), then I start to feel a little dizzy, like I need to lean on something and when I do it still feels like those things are moving a bit, then I feel weak and really lightheaded. My automatic response is to eat- but I have these symptoms even when I have just eaten- sometimes eating again helps other times there is no effect. Lastly, I feel extremely weak and fatigued, feels like I just finished running a marathon or something. The B-12 I am taking is only a trial and she will retest my blood to see if it is bringing me into a better range. If not she will start me on injections- this should lessen these symptoms drastically.

This is probably why you have fewer symptoms or relief from them when you take the B-12. If I were you I'd stop taking them and schedule an appointment to get the bloodwork done. (If you continue them then it may give a falsely normal reading). You may be fine with OTC sublinguals or you may need to get injections.

At worse case, B-12 deficiency can cause permanent neurothopy, brain damage, heart damage (due to lack of O2 in blood, it is overworked), and in worst cases heart failure. So you want to be VERY careful about self-medicating and get it checked out.
I was also feeling very sick for about 2 years I had multiple symptoms, I could not control I went to 3 different doctors, to different emergency rooms, and they would tell me I was depress and anxious, and having panic attacks, I have to leave the country, and go the Puerto Rico to get diagnosed it only took them a week to find out I had thyroid disease, they told me I had Hashimotos thyroid disease, I was also extremely low on vitamin D, vitamin B12, and was pre-diabetic. Is a shame how here in the US they deal with patients. I was having chest pains my husband lost his job because I couldn't take care of the kids or myself its been a nightmare. Since I started taking the meds I've been feeling better, and I don't take any anxiety meds or depression meds, and anyways those pills never did anything for my symptoms I just felt worst but contained.
I am so sorry to all of you that are having to put up with these nightmarish fellings.  I am 36 and have anxiety and panic attacks.  I have had these for about 15 years now.  Anxiety is a horrible thing to experience when it runs your life.  I deal with mine on a daily basis, whether its dizziness, adrenaline rushes,foggy feelings,spacy feelings, feeling like your on a boat....etc.  It definatley sounds like anxiety to me with most of the symptoms.  My 12 year old daughter has it as well.  It is hereditary also.  My father has it really bad.  I am on celexa for depression and it helped for a while, cuz it gives you the mellow out feeling, but now im used to it, so its not so effective now.  The best way to deal with anxiety and panic attacks is to tell yourself that everything will be ok and it will go away that it is just anxiety.  I felt crappy for months after my initial panic attack.  it takes time unfortunatley.  but if you have been to the doctor and everything seems good, my guess is that it is anxiety/panic disorder.  There is a lot of good info on line about symptoms and what can help get you through them.  The main thing that helped me was "Lucinda Bassett's" dvd's and cd's.  its a complete program.  if you look her name up online the name of her program will be there.  She herself has been through all of this throughout her life and you here real people and feelings.  It helps me a lot.  Just do what she says to do on the tapes, believe that you will feel better, and it will take time, but you also will get better.  I never thought that i was a stressed out person, but my body thought otherwise.  Her techniques to help are great, and there is also a doctor that talks about it.  The problem with doctors now is that they themselves don't know how it actually feels to have this problem so their solution is drugs of course.  It can help but it only numbs the problem.  You can also go and talk to a pyscologist, if you feel comfortable, about cognitive behavior therapy.....  this works great also with the combination of the cd's of Lucinda's.  

I hope you can look into this program.  Even young children can benefit from it.  It is spendy, but they can break the payments up into monthly payments and also "ebay" has them for cheaper.

Wish you all well.  
Remember the best source of your B-vitamins is RED MEAT.  If you are a vegitarian, make sure you are getting B-vitamins from somewhere.  This may be your problems!!!
My boyfriend has the same symptoms as most of u. 2 years ago he was with his dad in the kitchen. He looked like he was gonna get sick so he sat down. He started shaking and fell of the chair biting his tonque. There was blood everywhere. My boyfriend woke up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital which was 15 miles away. He was so freaked.  Since then he has had 8 othe passout attacks. Some with him just waking up by himself. Or othere with him in the ER about to get a spinal tap. He gets the attacks sometimes quite often but he just always doesn't pass out. He just had one like (en minutes ago and earlier today. When he has the attacks he gets dizzy at first then his heart starts beating fast. His saliva runs in his mouth. He starts sweating like crazy and his fingertips and toes tingle. His head hurt and he feels nasious. He has had many many tests. EKG. Cat skans. Bllod tests. Urine tests. Stress tests. Sleep deprivation tests. As well as others I don't remeber. His doctors told him he had depression and they were anxiety attacks. He was on many differents kinda opills. He also was put on vitamin b 12 and 6. I jsut wish we knew what is wrong with him abd for him to feel better. I love him so much and don't want to lose him. Especially now that he's gonna be a daddy. Please help me.  
hi

i was reading through the posts, i am 31, i too am having the same symptoms started 10months ago

its weird because a weeks before i went oiut for a few drinks and was ok, i felt onf of my eyelids numb,droppy so i exercised a little, the next morning i woke up, tingling face,hands legs, its odd that many of you guys wake up and feel this. went drs they said its summer and your probably havin an allergy or comming down with a flu,
next few days i began to feel dizy too, constantly, with shortness of breath, feell my heart beating all over my body, i checked my blood pressure it was much lower then it normally is, m heart was constantly racing above 120 for that day too, finally after a few days i fainted and was taken hospital, they checked my sugar level it was very low too 2.5, they didnt do anything and just gave me buscuits, said everythin was fine.

i did notice that i had to eat to keep up what ever energy i had, also heat would make me feel worse with panic attacks. later on in a few weeks my eyes began to hurt and burn, i had photphobia too, this went on for weeks.months as i was waiting fora eye md, im on steroids which have helped the inflamation (inflammation) but im now left with floaters in my eyes, i can keep my energy levels, but somtimes i have to eat when i feel shaky.
have tested for diabetes neg
u &eblood test, believe thats the kidneys
ct scan of brain normal,
thyroid fine
iron fine
esr fine
fbc was fine
ultrasound of galbladder liver pancreas, was fine justt fatty liver due to my diet and drinking, but ive stopped all that
my chelestrol levels were slightly high, so working on reducing them too
i spoke to dr about hypoglycemia, she sent me for a fasting blood test, but thats al it was 5.6

im constantly brainfogged,feel like im on a boat too, weak, body feels heavy, somtimes shaky, can feel heart beating through out my body. get panic attaks shortness of breath, what ever it is, it had affected my eyes causing inflamation (inflammation), floaters and at the begining caused low sugar and low blood pressure with racing heart.

anyone?
I too have had all the symptoms that everyone seems to have to deal with. And the doctors have told me the same things like, panic attacks, anxiety, stress (that's their favorite one)! But after 30+ years and lots of medications, I'm beginning to see the light!!  Referring to myself, I think my main problem is Migraines!!!  I know it's hard to believe but they make you feel all these ways. And with each passing year, the symptoms are getting worse. Years ago after one, I could just continue doing whatever I was doing. Not anymore, now sometimes I have to go bed in a dark room, with no noise. I've tried homeopathic remedies and some help. But it is hard to find the right ones!!!!  Good Luck and GOD SPEED ALL of YOU!!!!    
Seems like I'm in the same boat with a lot of you guys. I have had panic attacks for about 8 years, finally diagnosed with Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder by a psychologist about 4 years ago. Also diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue by my family doctor a little over a year ago. I get dizzy and shaky, have nausea, fingers and feet feel numb and/or tingly, temp drops down to around 96-97, chest tightness where I feel like I can't get a deep breath. My doc has had me on Xanax for about a year, recently put me on a beta blocker. So far that has helped the symptoms when I am at home, but when I go out into the world I still have panic. My doc ruled out Pheochromocytoma because he said my blood pressure was okay. Usually it is a little high - 130/78 last week at his office - but he said it would be a lot higher with that...
Hi, I started having some of these symptoms a couple of weeks ago. Light headed, needles and pins and a real spaced out feeling. I had a meeting last week Thursday and as I sat down it happened and it went to the point where I almost passed out. After that it took about 15 mins to get back to normal. I live in South-Africa. I am a diabetic and have been testing my sugar and blood pressure alot latetly and it has been fine. Went to the docter today and he said I might have middle ear infection. Gave me some meds and this evening it happened again. I do not have any serious stress and live an active live. This has impacted on it negatively in the last couple of weeks and by reading all these posts begins to worry me a bit. What type of docter would be the best to go and see in this regard.

Hey Folks,

I was checking on symptoms that I have and I've read a lot of these posts as I sit at my desk dizzy, lightheaded and pains in the chest. I think I'm stressed beyond belief and just need a vacation, but know that is not the solution for all. The symptoms are very real and for many of you it sounds like dehydration and low potassium. Some sort of electrolyte sp? dring like gatorade or powerad...even just water and a banana or 2 a day sounds like it would solve a lot of the lightheaded/dizzy problems for many. Careful with vitamin supplements....too much fat soluble can be a bad thing....water solubles you will just pee out. Definitely check with someone knowledgeable. If memory serves B is Fat and C is water soluble.

Oh, and for the students/young people out there...share with your parents so they can help. If it is a nutritional concern and/or family is having trouble putting good food on the table maybe try to help the family shopping. Quality food does not have to cost a lot. I feed myself while away on business for 3 straight days for a total of ~$15. Shop smart at a local grocery store and stay out of the frozen (processed) foods aisle!

Best to all.
Wayne
I am 31 and have uncontrontrllable shaking. My hands, legs, and even my insides shake. I can't write and standing still kills me. My Psychiatrist has tried changing my meds aroung to see if that may be causing the shaking but nothing has worked so far. So I went to my family Dr. they took 7 viles of blood and I had to collect urine for 24 hours. I have not gotten the results back yet.
Wow. this is crazy.Im reading everyones post and ive had so many of the symptoms yall have. Im a 22 year old mother of a 2 year old and one on the way.Im almost 6 months pregnant and im constantly dizzy and feel zoned out. I never wanna be left alone b.c im scared of passing out! Been to ER 2 times, my baby doctor 1 time and my regular doctor twice. And going to my reg doc again tomorrow. Wish they could actually tell me something!! Had plenty of test done and only thing i got was anti depressants and medicine for a UTI. Im going to get checked for vertigo and hope that i can finally get rid of this feeling. its been almost 3 weeks and i cant take it anymore:(Good luck to everyone!
I went in ambulance for the first time yesterday at the beach.  I am 40 female.  I have had what "they" call visual migraines once every few years or months since 16.  They have the following symptoms (below), some or any.  Although yesterday my whole left side went numb, even left tongue, left of throat, left chest, that's when I got scared and called 911. By the time I was at hospital, I was pretty much back to normal, they said could be dehydration (was drinking on beach all day previous day), and gave me a sheet on "Fainting", even thought I didn't ever faint. They said it also sounded like a panic attack (symptoms also below), but didn't want to put that label on it since you should be seen EVERY time something like this happens to be evaluated.  I will definitely have my adrenals checked out, but for some of you, this all could just be migraines, like the other person said. You don't have to actually have a headache to get this type of migraine.  When I had them, it was mostly lightheaded, feeling of being "on drugs", tingling (could be hands, feet, head), sometimes visual "spots", confusion. I am actually feeling some of it now, but I've also been sitting at this computer for some time researching, so that could also be it. Need to get up and walk around. I am confused now at to whether mine are just migraines or panic attacks.  I do think I have PTSD and anxiety due to a very emotionally abusive marraige/ divorce/ continued custody battle.  Good luck!

Migraines:
Flashing lights
Seeing zigzag lines
Temporary vision loss
Speech difficulty
Arm tingling
Arm weakness
Leg weakness
Tingling face
Tingling hands
Confusion
Giddiness
Noise sensitivity

Panic Attacks:
Breathing Difficulty
Chills or Hot flashes
Confusion
Dizziness/loss of balance
Dreamlike Sensations
Fear of Dying/Terror
Light-headed
Racing heart
Shaking/Trembling
I was on antidepressants and antianxiety meds and severe headaches/migranes for years then I found a new family practice doc that was also holistic, homeopathic and accupuncturist...he did a 4 hour blood test on me and it turns out I am hypoglycemic...I used to have panic attacks, shaking uncontrollably and everything.  I eat every 2 hours and exercise and I am off all the meds now.  Maybe try and find a different doc that doesn't only go straight for the modern meds (masking symptoms instead of curing them)  I was told I would be on these meds for life and now I am not on one single thing...It's amazing!
My sister started getting vertigo and she goes to the same doc I do it turns out it is:
Experts who treat dizziness estimate that about 20 percent of all dizziness is due to loose crystals — or ear rocks — in the inner ear.

The condition, known as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, or BPPV, is usually treated with a series of simple head movements aimed at putting dislodged ear rocks back where they came from so they can be cleared away by the immune system. BPPV can be triggered by a head injury or a virus. The condition is more common in older adults.

Easily treated with the Brandt Daroff excercises...you can find a clip on youtube...it really works...95% success rate compared to the meds only 50% sucess rate and a lot of side effects.
I'm 20 and I have been feeling this way for a couple of years and it's really drives me CRAZY i hate it so much people complain about the silliest stuff but trust me when you feel like your okay one min and all of a sudden you feel it coming on i feel like i wish i had normal stuff to complain about and it scares the **** out of me i just want to no whats wrong I'm just tired of living to survive all the time yea i get tho's same feelings scared,shaking,vomiting,when i turn my head everything swirls ,and i feel disconnected,and after it's over i'm so tired it's like my body just did an overhaul and needs recharged i couldn't even sit down at work because i would fall out of the chair i was so weak, I have been to a few doctors and they also say I'm fine but I'm tired of that i'm not cause i'm me and I can tell i'm not but anyway I wrote down all the possibilities that you've all posted and looked other places and I'm tired of waking up tired and dizzy all day I'm going to a doctor who will listen and I'm not gonna settle for negative results I'm gonna find an answer i swear it. P.S. thanks for the help about the  possibilities, and i wish the  one's with the luck,not if but when i get my answer i will surely repost, GOD bless all of you.
I have had a lot of these. For the past 22 yrs. I have been told panic attack, hypoglyciemia and stress. So far it hasnt been one or the other. For me it always started off as a bit dizzy, then my vision would start to close off. I would start getting very tingley and cold sweats would kick in. The blood would rush from my face leaving me looking pale. As soon as everything would start up i would immediatly start looking for tile, be it in a kitchen, bathroom, anywhere with tile was my friend, something about the cold of it settled me down and let me ride it out. Of course this whole time anyone around is asking if i'm o.k.. I don't know about the rest of us, but i didn't even have the energy to respond, could only hold my hand up and point a finger in the "hold on a sec fashion". The whole time im going through this all i can think is oh god not again why now.  Like i said, ive never got a very definitive diagnosis, and with the economy the way it is, i have no insurance. We all know the going rate to ask a question is somewhere near a grand and a left leg nowadays. So, if it helps anyone else, recently ive quit drinking alcohol, not that  drank OFTEN before, but since then i have had one "attack". I was preparing for the normal routine and looking for my tile bed, when all the sudden it let up. So i don't know what difference the not drinking has made, but would be interesting to see what symptom it could prove or disprove.
I am a 25 year old female and I recently saw my doctor beacause I was having the same problems you described-severe episodes of shaking, blurry vision, dizzines, fever/ sweating, sweating at night.  I have also had a few episodes of fainting that started about 10 years ago.  I have a family history of diabetes, and was worried that it could be hypoglycemia.  I was told by my doctors office that sometimes these symptoms can indicate hypoglycemia or the early onset of diabetes.

I was diagnosed with Postural Hypotension, which was described by another user in a previous post.  I have always had very low blood pressure.  My lower number has been as low as 50, although I feel fine.  I think my doctor believed the episodes were caused by standing up too quickly, I disagree.  Although I am currently taking medication for it-Fludrocert, it doesn't seem to help much.  They diagnosed me by taking my blood pressure while sitting and again while standing.  My problem with the diagnosis is that 1. Some of my symptoms-mainly the shaking and the sweating, are not symptoms of hypotension.  2.  Even on the medication, I am having episodes every few days. 3.  My episodes do not happen when I stand up quickly- They happen most often during the day, regardless of my body position, if I'm not careful about snacking frequently and eatting meals on schedule.

I am currently waiting for the results of my blood work to see if it is hypoglycemia.  Wondering if anyone out there is hypoglycemic but was initially mis-diagnosed with a similar condition?
Hi. I felt so alone up until now. I feel like everyone I talk to, does not understand what I am going through, though they listen and want to know what is going on with me.  

I am 26 years old. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 4 years ago. After I starting taking Synthroid, I had a few episodes of dizziness, but nothing too serious at the time. But my doctor at the time said it was just vertigo and it would go away with motion sickness meds. About 7 months ago, I couldn't get out of bed for a week. I felt like I was going to pass out everytime I tried to get up. I finally saw my doctor, and he said that I have low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension). It was 84/56 lying down. I saw a neurologist and endocrinologist..everything came back normal. I had multiple blood tests, had an EKG, and an MRI scan of my brain. EVERYTHING came back fine. I am told that hypotension is a symptom of something else. And it kills me not knowing what is causing it. I get light headed all the time. I find it terrifying to leave my own house a lot of times. I awoke in the middle of the night last night, and got dizzy. I got no sleep because I was so nervous and dizzy. I can't concentrate on anything, so tired all the time, and have blurry vision sometimes. My doctor said that the Synthroid is not the cause of my hypotension.

I have read that hypotension can be caused by a thyroid problem. I developed HYPERthyroidism about 2 years ago and had to get my medication dosage lowered. Does anyone have an underactive thyroid and have low blood pressure as well? Thanks for reading!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!
hii, my name is shayna,im 15yrs old... i have been feeling light headed dizzy tired shaking and weak.. im hungry i try to eat but everytime i do i take bites my tummy wont take it.. i just feel like throwing up...  but i dont.. and like i dunno i wana know wats wrong with me.. this started 4 days ago =/ email  me: ***@**** i need helpp please
I have been really stressed and anxious lately because i fear i have MS. I am a 15 year old boy. When thinking of a symptom of this disorder i usually end up getting the symptom, or the symptom suddenly worsens. I feel pinpricks in extrimities and scrotal area.(mostly in legs) and i suffer from hypochondria which causes me severe anxiety. When i get up i feel dizzy and like i'm going to black out. I gain weight during the day but then when i wake up in the morning imy weight goed back to normal. Can anyone help me, I need some reassurance... Quick!
I have been really stressed and anxious lately because i fear i have MS. I am a 15 year old boy. When thinking of a symptom of this disorder i usually end up getting the symptom, or the symptom suddenly worsens. I feel Ppinpricks in extrimities and scrotal area.(mostly in legs) and i suffer from hypochondria which causes me severe anxiety. When i get up i feel dizzy and like i'm going to black out. I gain weight during the day but then when i wake up in the morning imy weight goed back to normal. Can anyone help me, I need some reassurance... Quick!
Often these things are hormonal. My younger sister suffered from what Drs insisted was panic attacks, anxiety and migraines. At age 15 they gave her anxiety medication and antidepressants which really messed her up. Her behaviour which had been typical occasionally moody teenager turned into hyper-angry mood swings. She started to drop marks at school and her symptoms continued then worsened until, three years later, she changed practices.
It turns out that she has an extremely underactive thyroid. The first dr had only tested her thyroid once at the beginning of her diagnosis of anxiety. Now she has had to wean herself off addictive antidepressant meds and still gets headaches but the rest of her symptoms have gone now she is receiving the right treatment. Drs need to stop throwing antidepressants at every problem diagnosis and should never be prescribing mind altering drugs to teens. My sister is now back to her lovely self now she hasn't got unnecessary mind altering drugs running round her system and has graduated from university.
You'll find that most of these symptoms are due to anxiety, worst thing is people don't realise they have it. It can cause diziness , light headedness, nausia, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, fast heart beat, slow heart beat, irregular heart beat, neck pain, chest pain etc and what with peoples diets these days they are becoming more common due to too much sugar and fats etc.
i am a 19 year old male.. just ver the past 8 months i have been getting really bad migrains and now for 3 onths i have gotten dizzy, blacked out, and last night even passed out... its only happened 3 time but within the past 3 months... does anyone no what it could be causing all of this to start happenin???
thanks,
shane
I have never posted before but I HAVE to after reading "my story" in so many of your posts.  I am very sad to read about all of your symptoms.  I have suffered from the same symptoms for 7 months now.  I am in my late 50ies....I was walking 4 miles a day and eating healthy foods. Now I am lucky if I can walk 4 miles in a week and don't feel like eating anything.   I am tired of Dr.s labeling everything they don't have answers for as "anxiety disorders".  I have studied tirelessly on the internet because one of my Dr.'s actually said to me, "No one knows your body better than you and no one has as much time as you do to TRY to figure things out". Unfortunately, I am not a Dr. so it is very difficult to process everything!   After my second trip by ambulance to the ER and my second 3 day stay in the hospital I took off all my monitors and said, "You aren't helping me at all"...of course I don't recommend this to anyone, but I had had enough.  (I had NO memory of my second trip by ambulance or even being in the hospital).  I demanded to see a neurologist and was blessed with being sent to a fantastic Dr. ....one who actually listened to me!  When my EEG cam back abnormal she told me that my brain was not telling my body to "do the things it was supposed to do".  I will see a neurologist who specializes in disorders of the autonomic nervous system in Nov.   Your autonomic nervous system is what controls your blood pressure, heart rate, digestive processes, how you respond to stress (are the right hormones being released to send the correct messages to your body to "manage" the situation you are in").  It also controls the type of necessary sleep you need to function.  A problem with your autonomic nervous system causes symptoms like: fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, reflux, panic attacks, depression, memory problems, twitching muscles, shakiness, numbness or tingling in your extremities and visual disturbances. I have heard the term dysautonomia used.  Google it!  Yes, many other diseases also have these same symptoms.  But if this helps just one of you, it is worth my rambling! :)

I may or may not have seizures...that they can not tell me, but I am on seizure meds three times a day and the horrible "episodes" are gone!  I still have the fatigue and balance problems but one can live with those!  (Also look at a condition called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...this is not being tired, it is being exhausted and never being able to recover from that exhaustion...it is a condition they are starting to think may be more of a neurological immune condition).  If your Dr. won't listen, call a medical facility that will listen!  Stand up for yourself and ask for what you need. You deserve it!  I will add one comment however.  A specialist that I did see said to me, "I don't think the test you need has been developed yet".  Dr.s are human too and they DON"T have all the answers.  It's very hard not to have an answer....it leaves us with having no control to help ourselves.  I don't have all the answers either!  But when I look at how young some of you are, my heart goes out to you.  Keep fighting for what you need.  Progress is made every day with new research.  I am a cancer survivor as well so I can attest to that!  Good luck to all of you!  Lynda
Okay this is the thing!! I have been on this ride for some time now, and seen my share of Dr's. It was 07 when hell broke loose, after my last surgery (won't bore you with the details) All the symtoms (symptoms) started ( haven them as we speak) tingleing lips,hands,stinging feet, rapped heart beat,faint, trouble speaking ect......and I have notice what cause's my attacks....I was in class today and yesterday and the air was not working right...instead of blowing cold it was blowing heat...around 86 and above.. and both days I had bad attacks, to the point of passing out, very tired...both days!!! Before now; I have spent 3yrs in and out of Drs office's...yeah I was sick and tired. Went to the Mayo clinc in jacksonville Fl and seen aray of Drs and all said the same,,,,,,,,it was in my head basically! ( Not in so many words)  Well OK!! if thats the case!!!  I brought my happy *** home,  joined a gym!!!! and forced myself to workout (pure hell!!!) and when I would hurt are have pain I would try to blow it off. I did good till yesterday and today and heat seems to trigger it...so I will be making one last visit to the Dr offiic to try to resovel this long draw out issue!!! They have been checking my for lopus, MS ,fibermyalgia (fibromyalgia)...ok sorry for the rambleing story and the miss spelled words I  just needed to vent and talk to people that no's how alone one can feel....This is a very bad day for me.  God bless you all!! You are soooo not alone.
Hi.
For about a month and a half i started having most of the sypmtoms that have been discribed and i have been looking for answers for a while. About 6 months before that i would occasionally become light headed and feel sick with some pain and cramps in my mid to lower part of my stomache. Im 16 years old and out of nowhere right before my period i started feeling sick to my stomache and became very light headed like i usually had but this time the sypmtoms were worse, and a few days later i threw up for the first time after a moderate meal, so i assumed that maybe i had gotten food poisoning, and after a week i started feeling fine but agian a few days before my period i started feeling the same, but this time i couldnt eat and when i did a few bites would make me feel full or give me that upset stomache feeling while having mild diarrhea and the symptoms continued throughout my period. I have always had an irregualar period since i had first gotten it and within that same month i got my period agian within about 20 days and once agian i had the same symptoms. I dont know what is wrong with me and after every episode the sypmtoms seem to get worse. I have started to get carsick and when that happens i become very hot and light headed and the sick feeling wont go away untill i lay down and start to relax. and when the nausea and cramps are starting to settle down i still get this almost heartburn like feeling with a feeling like there is something in the back in my throat which feels like i need to burp but if i try it feels like im about to get sick, and now the light headedness only occurs when i get mild headaches deep behind my eyes or during hot and cold chills. All these sypmtoms occur at the same time when i have diarrhea. I begin having painfull cramps, nausea, diahera, chills, sudden hot flashes, and a feeling of passing out. But the weird thing is this only happens once a month right around that time! the rest of the month i feel fine, but when i do feel sick im so scared of passing out that most of the time if i start feeling light headed ill have to sit down and drink some water just in case im dehydrated. and other days i wont be able to sleep even though im so exausted. Does this have anything to do with an irregular period? Do any other women feel the same way? Is it anything serious that i should have checked out? Will anything help my symptoms? Ahhh! PLEASE HELP ME!
I'm a fifty year old female and I have been having symptoms for a couple of years, I'm so frustrated, first I was being woke up because I was dizzy in my sleep, like the spins when you have had way to much to drink.  My doctor said it was my Diabetes, that my sugar must have spiked...I know what that feels like and I knew that wasnt the problem.  Then I started getting feeling really tired all the time, then it got so bad that I couldnt even stay awake for a movie.  Then my urine started smelling really old, like an outhouse, and its really cloudy.  Then the swelling started, my tongue and lips would swell and stay that way for days at a time.  Now they have been really swolen for three weeks and feel like I've burned them on something hot, now everything I put in my mouth (even water) burns, and I now have a rash from my nose to my chin that looks like a burn with open bumps in it.  Anyone with any ideas please post.
I'm 30 years old..and im a nursing graduate.i was relieved that i'm not alone with what i was goin through.My dizziness was started about 2years ago,i thought im alone,and i'm glad at last that we are so many many who are experiencing this.I went to the doctors for so many many times and they even think im just obese so i need to make diet...my series of tests on those laboratories were all ok so i was asking my self what's wrong with me...i cant even apply for work because im bothered by this situation of mine...my head is always feeling heavy which i even feel connected to my eyes...if you have suggestions please do reply on this letter of mine...please do pray for a miracle for each and everyone of us...GOD BLESS!
I am 45 years old and totally know what every person on here is going through, I can honostly say that I have had EVERY KIND OF SYMPTEMS mentioned here, it started with me 5 years ago have done all the test heart, brain, neurologic, and you name it.......everything as normal!!!!
all what the docs said was ANXIETY, I know it is NOT, YOU know it is NOT, BUT THEY just can not figuer out what is going on.......and I got sick of going to them anymore, well now that we do not have medical insurance, I just deal with it best I can, I have learned to pray and ask GOD to come to my help, besides I feel awful for the horobale mood swings and feeling dizzy in my sleep, and vision thing especially when I was driving and so much more..when I get those symptoms, last night was one of those night.........Well ALL I can say here is put your trust in GOD ask him for help....my heart gose out to everyone here, please know that I am praying for you all.
Back in June of this year I was doing the snack programme at my sons' school. Out of the blue I became extremely dizzy. I had to sit down. All of a sudden I fely flushed of heat through my shoulders and arms and began to have problems breathing. 911 was called. I had blood work and blood pressure taken and it all ca...me back negative. I let it go and in August it happened again. I had to sit and control my breathing and it took about 20 minutes for it to end leaving me with no energy. All I wanted to do is sleep. I got scared and went to my family doctor, who inturn told me that I was having aniety attacks and gave me some pills. I was back in her office the next 2 days and she gave me more pills until the others kick in. I had a full blown attack my 18 year old son drove me there and by the time I got there I could barely talk my breathing was so bad and I could not stop shaking. They ran chest x-rays and did an ecco-heart gram and they were clear. I went back the other day with extreme dizziness and was sent for a CT scan.  So, I await the results.  I go in a few days to get hooked up to a heart monitor for two-weeks.  It is not my heart, but I'm too scared and confused not to do it.  I love to golf and do things with my younger son and now the simple things have become so hard,as every morning I'm not sure when or how long this will go on for. Where do we go from here??  When you keep hearing everything is fine yet it is not.
been having pain in the top right side and feels in back of my eye too. after reading a few comments i wonder should i worry and go to the doctor or wait and try to get rid of it with common medicine
I have been dealing with alot of these same symptoms as well..Dizziness like i'm on a boat or floating, extreme weakness and shakyness, and tight muscles and weird shooting pains in the back of my head. All my tests came back fine, they keep saying vertigo, but my audiologist (inner ear dr) said vertigo is NOT dizziness..vertigo is spinning and you have bouts of it. My dizziness only goes away if i am laying down or sitting, which i can't do because i have 3 kids. The dizziness would actually be managable if i wasn't so weak and shakey (shaky). I can't even function or go grocery shopping. I had my thyroid checked its fine, my complete blood work is fine, an MRI with contrast on my brain and neck and that came back fine, my inner ear is fine, my kidneys, urine, bowels, woman parts and EKG are all FINE. Yet they cannot tell me what the hell is wrong. I was having panic attacks over it at the very beginning only because i was so scared of being dizzy and not knowing why..it was basically just fear. I have that under control now with 5mg of valium but everything else is still here and i dont' want to really even take the valium either. I sware i feel like the government is poisioning us sometimes..(ok that's far-fetched) I'm sick and tired of feeling like i have no life and my kids' lives are affected. How do you raise a family and do fun things and experience life like this? It never goes away, and i'm not hypoglycemic either or diabetic..someone please..you gotta have the answer!!!!!
Hi, I am 26 years old, married, great job, saving for a house in Italy, my favorite football team is winning but I am scared as I am not enjoying any of it.

Back in May the day after a crazy party and not eating all day I had what the paramedics called an 'anxiety attack' after calling them for fast heart beat, feeling weak, struggling to breathe, blurred vision. I didn't know for sure what it was but I was so hungover that i figured they must be right.

Fast forward 2 happy months to July and again when exhausted one day i started to feel really strange and spaced out like i had to force myself to breathe but this was cured with eating.

'Cool', I thought, as I figured I was burning the candle at both ends and just needed to look after myself but since August 20th the symptoms have started becoming more and more frequent to the point where they are now occurring between 1-3 times a day at moderate intensity levels. I have struggled as was convinced it was glucose related, so at the first sign of dizziness i would grab an apple, glass of milk etc but this week the food doesn't seem to help much, it happened on Thursday 2 hours after eating a big meal, dizzy, faint, tight chest, nauseous, weak, sweating, cold hands, aching legs, bloated, cramping stomach and i ended up walking into A&E where they took my symptoms very seriously, doing every type of test which came back clear. strange thing is they booked me for a fasting glucose, thyroid test the next morning, I hadn't eaten properly since the big meal the previous day after they informed me i couldn't and apart from feeling weak and hungry there wasn't the dizzy/derealisation/panic that had been there between meals in the few weeks prior.

The results should be back in the next few days but have a feeling it will all be negative like everything so far. If so does it mean i have panic disorder? I do feel like i have now changed as a person and I am not sure if it is due to me trying to change my lifestyle etc or whether it is because of the illness. Today i have stopped caffeine and wheat and dairy and as i type i have a killer headache due to the lack of caffeine.

I have had to go home early 3 times from work in the past month and my job is very sought after and i know that this can't go on for long as they will get fed up, my wife is upset and worried and I just want my life back.

If it is panic disorder (which i don't think it is) can i be cured? I hadn't even seen a doctor for 17years before this started happening and the thought of medication and therapy just to get through each day scares me so much. I don't know what to do, I haven't felt well for 4 - 5 weeks now! Will i ever feel better?
i have the same symptoms as everyone here and i end up in the ER about to die. the doctors wants to put me on a prozac mix but i refuse because these attacks don't feel like the normal panic attacks. finally, this trip to the ER, a doctor talk to me about a tumor that can do this to me and ordered a 24 hour urine test. the test is looking for three things

1/ vma (Vanillylmandelic acid)
2/  Metanephrines (Also known as: Metanephrine and Normetanephrine )
3/ S-hiaa (5-Hydroxyindoleacetic acid)

they are looking to see if i have a tumor that causes these attacks and the symptoms are the same things everyone says they had here. the tumor is called Pheochromocytoma and it effects the adrenal glands which would explain the panic and anxiety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pheochromocytoma

here are the links to each thing.

5-Hydroxyindoleacetic acid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxyindoleacetic_acid

Vanillylmandelic acid
or
VMA
VMAU
http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/vma/test.html

Urine Metanephrines
Also known as: Metanephrine and Normetanephrine
http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/urine_metanephrine/test.html

Pheochromocytoma
http://www.pheochromocytoma.org/sys-tmpl/frequentquestions/
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pheochromocytoma/DS00569/DSECTION=symptoms

I haven't read all the posts, but it seems the problems highlighted range from hypoglycaemia to anxiety/panic attacks. At the one end of the range a revised diet should help; at the other I recommend a website that I myself visited when I was suffering from debilitating panic attacks and chronic anxiety. The website is:  http://www.*************.***/

I managed to overcome my problems, and I was able to help both my daughter and grand-daughter with their problems. There was an e-book on sale from the site which I purchased and found very helpful.
I am a 49 year old female. I had for many many months was light headed/dissy, very weak my arm and legs felt tingly and numbess. I would get very very tired at the end of the day and had to go rest. My head felt very very heavy to support my body. I am a small person around 120 lbs so it wasn't my weight. I would get hot and cold sweats and the Doctors found nothing wrong. All blood test, blood pressures were ok. I had the Doctors do numerous testings on me everything came back ok. I knew something was desperatly wrong but I didn't know what. I then referred myself to a Nerologist I had many test one came back that I had an Cerebal Aneurysm. I was told my symptoms have nothing to do with it and no big deal. I then chose to go to Mayo Clinic to see a Nerosurgeon and had surgery 3 wks later. I had very major surgery (open craniotmy) which to Doctor took the brain out fixed the aneurysm put three clips and two plates in. From the day I woke up all my symptoms were gain. I don't beleive there is enough research on Aneursyms most people have one and it will burst or bleed before they know about it.

I thank god that I followed my Instincts I knew something was disperatly wrong but didn't know what it was. It took 4 months to find this. I did not seattle with what the doctors were telling me I prosued testing until someting was found.  The doctor who performed my surgery at May said the aneurysm was very close to leaking or bursting then I would have required at least one month in the hospital if I had survived. Thank god I'm ok today follow your instincts go to different doctor until you get an answer, I did.

I know by now everyone thinks it's in your head it really could be.  
I've had the same problems for days, until one day I had such an attack of cold that it caused my entire body to become very chilled before I fell to the ground completely light headed and collapsed. Luckily, my best friend was beside me when I awoke. Despite my protests of needing more blood tests (because all of my lab reports came up normal), she dragged me to the school counseling dept.

Fortunately, at my school there was an EMDR specialist who worked with me, and in the end, we worked out that it was related to the subconscious emotional stress that wasn't being "bilaterally processed".  What I do now is write in a log and usually something "earth shaking" surfaces. After finishing the entry, a piece of chocolate, and finally a cup of hot water/tea, the shaking stops and the chills and light-headedness as well. Another technique is to "hug yourself" and then use the right hand to tap the left upper arm, and left hand to tap the right upper arm (butterfly taps) over and over in a steady comfortable rhythm. After a while of this, notice the thoughts that occur to mind and either work them out conceptually or visually as they arise (depends on your method for coping) or take the one that is affecting you and use it as an entry (try to aim for 3 pages). Then butterfly tap yourself again and bring yourself back, put those thoughts back into a box for later or accept that you have learned about them in a new light and are no longer affect by them here in the present.

Hope this helps .

P.S. for those wondering, I indeed do not believe in using drugs. I believe in the body's natural healing abilities
I was you two years ago.  I had these "spells" for 15 years and can't tell you how many trips to the ER.   Long story short.   Don't take meds for dizziness and don't take meds for depression.  It is an inner ear problem and change in position of the head causes it.  When you stand, or move your head, or roll over in bed.  Usually it is only movement on one side but can be on both.  Go on the computer and look up Brandt-Daroff Exercises for BPPV.  I am so glad that I went to physical therapy as it changed my life.  I did the exercises 3 times a day for total of 10 mins. each for two weeks.  It has a 95% chance of success but will usually (not always) return in a year or so but you just repeat the exercise and it is gone.  I suggest a physical therapist do the first time so you know you are doing them right.  You only need to see the therapist two or three times to get them right.  Most all insurances pay for this.  I know when I went the first time I felt like "this is a waste of time" because it was so simple.  Am SOOOOO glad I went and don't know why all those other doctors and ER's kept pushing pills and more and more tests.  Good luck.
I get the EXACT same symptoms, dizzy, cold, shaky, lightheaded, weak sudden attacks. I also used to have awful vertigo and a feeling of pressure in the head. I commented a while back, and since then, I've had time to see more doctors, try more medications, and kind of figure out what's going on.

It was totally hormone related...the wrong dose was giving me migraines! The birth control pills I was on were at a LOWER dose than what my body naturally produces, so once I was bumped up to higher estrogen levels, the migraines almost disappeared. I only get them rarely now. I was also put on a very low dose of amitriptyline/elavil (25mg), which is an antidepressant, but I'm only on it because it balances some levels of chemicals that cause migraines, and helps me sleep better (lack of sleep also causes migraines).

The downside to the amitriptyline is that it tends to make me severely dehydrated. I found out the hard way that I can NOT get sunburned, even a tiny bit. And if it's a particularly hot day and I'm out in direct sun for even a little bit, boom, I'll suddenly get shaky, cold, see spots, and feel like I'm going to pass out. Once I pour some electrolyte powder (Gatorade, Propel) into my water bottle and sit on a cool floor and drink it all, I'll suddenly feel better once it hits my system. I know I'm hydrated enough when I have to use the bathroom again.

So try really upping your water/electrolyte intake, cut out sodas and energy drinks if you can. Next time you get that sudden shaky attack, try downing a bottle of Gatorade, waiting a bit, and see if it helps. Looking back at the times I had the worst "attacks," I'm realizing that dehydration was likely the culprit. (My 2 biggest attacks that required an ER visit occured after a full day of surfing, and the other after walking my dog...and it was only after I got IV fluids that I suddenly felt perfect! I'm surprised no one made the connection.)
I been having some of the same symptoms. I'm just a Senior in High school and since my sophmore year I got these symptomes only once in a while so I thought nothing of it, I thought I just needed some food, but during my junior year I got them once a month and it recently stopped till last sunday when I was working. I came in at 7:15am and felt fine, then around 9ish i started feeling a little nausea but didn't think much of it, a costomer asked for my help of finding a card for her so i did as i started walking back to the cash register i started to heat up, sweat, felt tingly feelings on my fingers and toes, then i started ringing a costumer up and I wh
I am feeling the way you described back in 2008 and wondering if you got it figured out?  I can't sleep anymore and I am weak and tingly all over...
What's the point of this website if no one gets any answers?  I have the same symptoms and came across this link.  By the looks of things, no doctor has responded to anyone's concerns.  The only thing I can find that relates to these symptoms are low blood sugar, which could be anemia (low iron levels) or maybe even a type of diabetes.  All my blood tests come up negative and seem to be just fine, so I'm puzzled.  I've had the symptoms, on and off, for the past 5 years or more and I'm 38 years old and weigh 110 lbs.  So I don't know.  If anyone has any answers or suggestions, please respond.  Thank you!
same problems, same tests and they diagnose me with nothing other than anxiety/depression....i know theres more going on but cant find the right dr to help:(
i have cramps in my right calf, night sweats, rapid heartbeat, vision problems,, shortness of breath, shaky inside feeling and when its over my right side is tingly and so is my head at times....this only happens at night and its been going on for a few months...now, im scared to go to sleep...need help, im a mom and need the rest and issues to go away. :(
i have cramps in my right calf, night sweats, rapid heartbeat, vision problems,, shortness of breath, shaky inside feeling and when its over my right side is tingly....this only happens at night and its been going on for a few months...now, im scared to go to sleep...need help, im a mom and need the rest and issues to go away. :(

I was having these exact symptoms for a long time...thought i had a bad ticker... turns out i had gas trapped in my chest which apparently can stretch nerves causing the issues... ie, diziness.. numb right arm... sweats...chest pain

one day i started burping alot and my symptoms all disappeared almost instantaneously... anyways check with your doctor because what might have worked for me might not work for you.. but it kind of makes sense considering the range of people that have this issue... and the sudden onsets...
Ok.  So I have had panic attacks/anxiety for as long as i can remember.  I am 47 and my symptoms are not what I get when I am anxious.  I have so far written down 20 different symptoms that I have.  My biggest issue is I will not leave my home as I am afraid of falling and not being able to get back up.  It has already happened 4 times and I find it embarrassing.  I just went out to my car to retrieve something and sure enough I fell (it was like 3am) and my legs wouldn't work.  They just stopped functioning!  I was crawling on the ground trying to find something to hang onto so I could lift  myself up without anyone helping me.  Seriously it took like 15 min. to get up!  I just can't live this way and, as I said, I have had severe anxiety for YEARS and it was nothing like this.
Please people.  If any of you have concurred this problem let us know how to best help ourselves.
Ok.  So I have had panic attacks/anxiety for as long as i can remember.  I am 47 and my symptoms are not what I get when I am anxious.  I have so far written down 20 different symptoms that I have.  My biggest issue is I will not leave my home as I am afraid of falling and not being able to get back up.  It has already happened 4 times and I find it embarrassing.  I just went out to my car to retrieve something and sure enough I fell (it was like 3am) and my legs wouldn't work.  They just stopped functioning!  I was crawling on the ground trying to find something to hang onto so I lift myself up.  Seriously it took like 15 min. to get up!  I just can't live this way and, as I said, I have had severe anxiety for YEARS and it was nothing like this.
Try magnesium and your vitamin B Complexes and watch what you eat.
Plenty of salads and no fried food!! And stay away from caffine for a while.
Also read the book of Psalms when in prayer, this is what has helped me the most!!
I too have experienced all these symptoms and had lost alot of wieght from it all only because I discovered through trial and error which foods would agree with my body and which foods would cause this reaction usually 12 hrs after eaten.
so again watch what you eat and keep up the magnesium & vitamin B's
also stay away from chocolate
I can say praise to my Lord and saviour Jesus Christ That I am feeling very well And I do pray that all of you will recieve this in His Good Will.

I am a 27yr old african american female! For the past couple of weeks I've been experiencing tingling almost a numbing non stop in my right hand, I've been having chest and abdominal pains on and off, I've been short of breath, feeling light headed, hot and cold flashes, back pains and jittery eye sight! I've been healthy and have never had any serious medical conditions and can't have children! Can someone please give a hint as to what the problem could be! I'm very concerned and scared to go to the doctor!
First of all you should get some lab work done to rule out anything typical. A CBC or Chem 24. You should also get your thyroid checked.   The chest pains concern me so I would tell my doctor about them.  More than likely if you are not taking any medications that could cause these side effects.   the tingling could be as simple as a pinched nerve in your neck.  The jittery eye sight could be migraines.  Much of it could also be anxiety disorders too but in order to figure out what any of this is you need to see a doctor.  More than likely there is a simple answer to your problems that are not serious but I would rather be safe than sorry especially with the chest pains.  Anxiety can also cause chest pains but you should always take it seriously.  Don't freak out about it but go see a phsyican and explain all your symptoms. Good luck
Sounds like anemia!!
Sounds like anemia!!
Hi I have read some of the post and I have a lot of the symptons you guys are describing and I am 29 years of age and todayI was in a meeting for work and I started to feel weird and my tongue got numbe along with my arms I thought is was from the breakfast I ate i thought it was too salty but this is not the first time it happpens too me and I also dont worry alot Im not stressed out and Im not depress. I havent been to a doctor yet but I will like to know if anyone have a suggestions on what I can do
Another simple blood test would be checking your magnesium and B-12 levels. If these items are low, adding them to your daily routine could improve your symptoms and can easily be found at your local health food stores.

I've always felt better after taking low doses of supplements and vitamins for short durations for these described conditions.

Vitamins, minerals and supplements are not to replace any/all medications your doctor has prescribed for you. A healthy life style including diet, exercise and positive attitude can improve the quality of our lives which to many folks is more important than longevity of life.

Hi , what did u find was wrong ? Did u find the cause of your symptoms of tingling sensation in feet and light headedness ? Or it just got better by itself ?
I'm 22 year old, been dealing with same stuff since I was in my early teens. I esp love when the doctors treat you like you're stupid and even laugh at you... I know that everyone is different but if any of you get a diagnosis, could u let me know so I could see if its same thing for me? :( I'm so tired of this stuff. ***@****
I have suffered from these cold sweaty muscle cramp panic attack type issues for years. Recently, I tried something which actually works!

Take half a teaspoon of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) and dissolve it in a small glass of water. Sip slowly, make it last about 5 minutes.

After that, you should start to feel better. Don't overdo it - it can be laxative above a few teaspoons, but it's otherwise harmless.

I used this routine for acute attacks when I need something to stop it quickly.

I do find that eating more salad greens helps to stop them happening as often, but I'm not sure if this means I have a magnesium deficiency or not.
A lettuce a day keeps the panic attacks at bay though!

As with most others on this forum, every time I end up in the ER, or go to my doctor, all tests come back fine.

Still hoping for a medical explanation for all this. Doctors don't have a clue!
Recently, about last month around, i've been feeling lightheaded. The first time it lasted only about a couple of hours. I felt as though i could't concentrate on anything but the dizziness and almost fainting.

About 2 days ago i started feeling lightheaded and losing balance and almost felt like i was about to faint...only this time i started feeling some sort pins and needles feelings in my arms and weakness in my shoulders. I became very sensitive to light and sound. This lasted for about 3 hours. And after a cold glass of water i felt fine.. then again i started feeling it about 2 hours later and have been feeling like this ever since. It feels as though i haven't slept although i have had a great amount of sleep. Twice i felt as though the bottom of my foot suddenly got cold for about 3 seconds then it was gone. I went to the ER and they checked my blood pressure and also to see if i was anemic. Everything came back fine. They said it had something to do with my hormones, and my menstrual cycle since both times are during my period, or right before.

I am 19 years old and not sexually active. I just thought i should add that even if it doesn't have anything to do with it. I would really like some answers, i cant stand this any longer!
I am a 21 year old female I  have been suffering from: dizziness. Tiredness , weakness, anxiety sweating , shakey (shaky) , grind my teeth , hot flashes for about a year And a half now :(
It is very scary because they say are u in depression itS your anxiety relax. Your fine your blood work is perfect your EKG is good
Ive been to three doctors this recent doctor said I have a parasite along with bacteria in my stomach I've been given medication for this as well as vitamins zinc protein I've been a bit better now but he told me i'll get over this in about 6-7 months I have to be in bed rest no exercise no nothing .
I hope we all can get over this bc some people just think were crazy and don't believe a word we say . We need as much support as we can get stay away from negativity :)
This has changed my life dramatically I used to go to dance class work full time now I don't even dare to drive I'm home in bed and try to be positive I want to have a normal day soon bc sometimes I want to give up of how scared I Am
I came across this forum while googling my symtems. I too have been experiencing light headedness, dizzy, dumbness and tingling in fingers and legs, rapid heat beat as well. I couldnt help but notice that alot of you on here are veggies. I am a pescatarian (only eat fish) and have been for about 7 years now. I havnt felt like this untill about 3 months ago. I find it hard to get through my work days when i feel like this. I have been to the doctor and was told its anxiety..i dont feel like thats it but all my test results for b12 and other vitamins were good...any suggestions?
Pressure in my head, vertigo, extreme weakness in arms and legs, can even drive a bit cause I feel like I'm gonna pass out
I have had these symptoms along with a few other additional, in every case im almost certain its dehydration and probably low blood sugar. make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and eating right. eat a lot of high proteins and low sugar foods. a great snack that i have before a workout is a Greek Yogurt with some local raised honey. its incredibly high in protein and super delicious. dont forget to wash it down with water!

nicole
Tht exact thing happened to me.. It scared me half to death! I wad having fun with my friend in california and we went to the mall, it was fairly cold out side so when we walked to the resturaunt i got the chills.  When we arrived inside i noticed i was still shaking.. After we ate arou an hour later the shaking got worse but i was far from cold.  I could barely stand and it was noticable how bad i was shaking! My symptoms were: heart beating very fast, whole body shaking, nausia, dizzy, chills, hard breathing, and it felt like my throat was getting like thicker.  It was soo scary and i felt like i was just going to passout, but i didnt want to make a scene in front of all of my friends family and what not.  I have NEVER had this happen to me and i am a 14 year old girl tht eats healthy and drinks alot of water and excersizes regurally and i have never consumed drugs or alcohol.  If anyone knows what happened please let me know.
im having the same problem, this is the second time it happened in a 2 month period. i feel weak, dizzy, leg numbness, cold, short of breath, and minor chest pain. i felt like passing out.

this happened after a super busy day at work and working out that night.

has anyone found a solution for us? im going to see a doctor this week.
posted:
Nov 22, 2010 05:54AM

I'm in complete agreement.  This chest pain thing just started yesterday.  The tingling thing started, who knows when.  I chalk it up to poor circulation.  I am a diagnosed BiPolar 1 and am on quite a regiment of medication.  Yesterday I took the generic of Xanax and that's what (well I thought) started the chest pain. I went to urgent care and was told it was most likely a panic attack.  I know what panic attacks feel like.  This pain... the uncertainty of what's going on with me - that causes panic.  Yesterday I took Xanax (not generic!) after I got home and was basically ok, beyond my normal tingling.  But this morning I got it again.  I want to believe it's panic.  So I took Xanax again.

I'm still in pain.  And now I'm in pain and drugged.  

Does anyone have any answers; or are we all posting our systems in the hopes that someone out will be able to help?  I know this pain isn't normal.  I'm certainly not panicking now - I'm just confused.  And ridiculously tired.

Please, if anyone is getting help, I need it.
Wow - so many people with similar symptoms
Way back when I was in my 20's went through lot of stress and had at that time was diagnosed as panic attacks - very similar symptoms - light headedness, feeling I will faint, not knowing whats happening. Once, while I had an episode at home, a neighbour doctor was called - she looked at me and said these are hunger cramps and gave me antacid - thats it and they subsidised. Since then I have known it is (also) related to acidity and eating, but I have not been able to fully conquer it - its been 15 yrs and can manage. I do eat well by the way.
Overtime I have learnt some pranayama and meditation and of course these help you during the episodes, at least I dont freak out and nobody around actually notices somethigns wrong - still I want to get to the bottom of it.
All I can say is ditto.  Two ER visits.  Dr. Visits.  Specialists.  They know nothing and never really try to solve the mystery.  It is comforting to know I am not alone.  It is NOT comforting to know that this many people of this many different ages / races / locations / walks of life are experiencing these identical, debilitating symptoms with no relief and no serious research being done to find an answer, not to mention a cure. I would give half my paycheck every week for a year to have relief.  I wish this illness on every medical doctor alive for one week every year for the rest of their lives (preferably during their vacations) until they do something to advance our knowledge base about what is going on here.  THIS IS NOT AN ANXIETY or PANIC ATTACK ! ! ! ! ! ! !  I don't need an MD to figure that out.  
i have been having similar symptoms. except i have a pretty bad cold. but last night i started getting chills really bad. which is very strange because its was like 80 degrees outside and humid. anyways, i started shaking really bad and i just couldnt get warm. i was to the point that i couldnt even eat, and thats not like me because i always eat my 3 meals a day. i tried everything possible. i had a sweat shirt,sweat pants and knitted socks on. but the chills wouldnt subside. well this morning i woke up feeling so sore and achy all over. so i took a hot shower and then headed off to work. well when i got to work we had our daily meetings and in the middle of it i just started seeing red spots which progressed into just seeing straight up red. my hearing went out so everything sounded muffled. i then started to feel so nauseas that i was about to throwup. by this time i started getting the chills and sweats and i had to lean on a table to keep myself from hitting the ground. i blacked out for about 30 seconds and then came too. this has happened only one other time and that was about 3 years ago.
so im not sure if this is just from me being sick or is it something more serious. I was recently at the doctors about 2 months ago and they had done some blood work up and urinalysis. everything came back normal. I just want some answers. im also thinking about going to the ER if i have another blackout/dizzy spell.
I am suffering with the same symptoms u r all having.. I researched the internet because no doctor has given a good answer about the sickness in going through.. What I found out that this is a hypoglycemia attack, a non- diabetic hypoglycemia. The cause may be some underlying illness more precisely as Yeast infection (Candidiasis) . This candidiasis is the cause of many unresolved symptoms as pointed out in this forum. We are all experiencing chronic fatigue syndrome because the yeast infestation in our body eats a lot of sugar and thus making us hypoglycemic. Search the internet for the cure of Candidiasis, and its therapy diet, I will start my own.. Good luck to all
I too have had the same symptoms for a few days now. After doing some research and some self-experimentation I hope to report back here in a few days or weeks.

From what I can tell, these symptoms can arise from many different causes. No surprise there. However, I am vegan and have not had meat or dairy for nearly a year now. As such I do take a few vitamin supplements but the one which seems to be what is causing my issue is an overdose of vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin. As far as I can recall, this is the only thing that is different in my life since I am now experiencing this. The symptoms reported by others for this are exactly what many of you are reporting here and also what I have been experiencing just recently.

I thought maybe it was hypoglycemia at first but taking action to test that theory resulted in no improvement. Other causes which I have seen include anemia, and electrolyte imbalance. I have not attempted to take corrective action on these just yet. I am going to wait a few days to see if I feel better then get some blood tests on Tuesday to see what my B12 levels are. That will either confirm or negate my B12 overdose theory.

It is pretty aggravating. Sorry to see so many of you here are having similar symptoms. Has ANYONE here had any luck in finding a solution?
Ok so I'm 19 years old. This has only happened to me twice. the first time was about 6 months ago. It happened while i was taking a shower and all of a sudden i felt like i couldnt breathe, then got dizzy and light headed. i felt like i was gonna pass out so i tried to get out of the shower and on my way out i blacked out for about 3 seconds. Afterwards i had the sudden feeling like i was ABSOLUTELY gonna throw up, so i went to the toilet and all i did was gag for a minute and then my hands went completely numb.

The second time was today while i was at work. I was working as a cashier selling movie tickets. i was completely fine when all of a sudden i felt nauseous then immediately after i was dizzy, lightheaded, sweat came out of nowhere, my hands went numb and my coworkers told me i went completely white. i thought i was gonna pass out so my supervisor had to send me on my break. It lasted about 4 minutes? im not too sure. afterwards i also noticed that my heart was beating pretty fast.

I know it's only happened once but it scared the hell outta me both times and i feel like i have no control over anything.
Hi, I have developed these symptoms in the last couple of weeks. Mine started with really bad stomach cramps which developed into diarrhoea which was black. This was accompanied by feeling violently dizzy and faint, absolutely pouring with sweat and nearly being sick. I ended up in hospital and after various tests was diagnosed with a bleeding gastric ulcer. I've been out of hospital for 5 days but have had another attack today. The doctor has me on tablets to reduce stomach acid and the attack only came in after having a salad with vinegar on it. Don't know of this helps but the symptoms sound similar.
I also have the same symptoms as you  My doctor asked if I was drinking too much tea or coffee, it seems that caffeine can cause heart speeding and trembling faint dizzy etc,  I counted ten cups or more on a normal day, and  often cups of coffee in between the tea.making at least  fifteen hot drinks. Well I cut it down by two thirds,  and just drink water. Not sure if it was that but I haven't had any attacks since.
yeah... i have to agree with dianelovesu, i originally posted thinking i had trapped gas... but symptoms came back... i stopped all caffeine intake 4 weeks ago... all my symptoms are gone now and really gone... no more heart palps... no more anxiety.... i feel my old self again... not waking up tired.... the first week i had headaches every day but once gone it was smooth sailing...

look up caffiene allergy has a mad list of symptoms included most of what seems to be posted here... should be health warnings on caffeine like they do for cigarettes...
I think I have your answer!  I am not a doctor.  But please research adrenal gland disorders and pituitary gland disorders.  Start with a rheumatologist because adrenal gland problems are considered an auto-immune disease.  If that doesn't help see an edocrinologist.  You are NOT crazy, your body is trying to tell you something!

From personal experience, I know that your adrenal glands produce three types of steroidal hormones.  If you have too much or too little of any of these hormones you can an array of symptoms that come and go.  Those glands also control your sodium and potassium levels.  Hyper or hypo active adrenal glands can cause tingling, chest pain, abdominal pain, sweating, lightheadedness; tendency to gain or lose weight; lack of energy; difficulty concentrating; poor memory; chronically high stress levels; mild depression; dry and thin skin; unexplained hair loss; heart palpitations; dyspepsia; constipation; hypoglycemia (low blood sugar); food allergies, high frequency of the flu or infections,  Blood pressure problems, lightheadedness upon standing, diabetes, facial hair, sexual dysfunction, weakness, nausea, paleness, altered consciousness, seizures, and on and on.

Simple to diagnose (go to an endocrinologist) and simple to treat IF you go to a specialist.  My advice to anyone who has weird symptoms and no diagnosis is to go see an endocrinologist!

Hope this helps!  Could someone clean this up and repost it to other discussions where people might benefit?  Thx!

My sister went through something like that about 2 years ago. It's a really scary thing to see, but with lots of prayer, we got through it, and she has been fine for 2 years now. There is HOPE. Maybe God is trying to tell you something? IF you don't know him, then perhaps now is the time. God Bless.
-Sister in Christ.
caffine is bad stay away. all my syptoms (symptoms) are gone since goin caffine free
I'm 29 yrs old and I eat reletively well and exercise 3 times a week, sometimes more.
Recently I was sitting outside a pub having a meal in the sun and after about an hour I was mid conversation with a girl I was with and I had to run to the bathroom as I thought either I was going to collapse or be sick. It came on instantly without warning. I had all the symptoms of sun stroke, so put it down to this for a few days as I was dehydrated and had been for a long run earlier, plus drinking the night before.
But then it came back later on in the week, worse than before, again the SUN initiated it, so I kept thinking it was that, but I've always not had a problem spending time in the sun, but so started to think I was a diabetic...so went to the doctor, who didnt really care to be honest, and suggested a blood test for full blood count, glucose and Thyroid.
I am TERRIFIED OF BLOOD TESTS so I insisted that I do a urine sample for the glucoze (which came out normal).

I'm into the 4th week now of having these on and off feelings of dizzyness, lack of energy in legs, struggling to maintain conversations, feeling hot even when its room temperature, waking up at 4am sweating! and feeling scared but not sure what of.
I'm stuck as it comes and goes as it pleases and I do not have anything to worry about in terms of anxiety as I'm generally a happy person.

The problem I face is that I cannot deal with BLOOD TESTS, at all, and my friends are making it worse by saying 'oh its ok, you sky dive all the time how can you be scared of a little pin *****' now this is giving me anxiety and makes me very nervous. I have been to the hospital and they are not prepared to knock me out to have it done.
Does anyone know of an alternative method of having blood screened as I simply just cannot go through with a blood test.
Your thoughts please :)
hi
i read all the comments... n i m tooo wrid nw.. i am 24 and getting sme weird problems.. i am going through a very tough lyf ryt now since 1 year.. too much stress n being an introvert n scared person dont share nething wid my family neither my fiance.. since 6 mnths i am seeing that my health is fluctuating badly.. once i am 55 kgs n the nxt week i m 45.. again i cme back to 53...then i have frequent stomach n head pains,, stomach is alryt coz i hv gastric ulcer since i was 8 but headache ? wenever it comes it sort of kills me.. often i get trouble to breathe as i inhale there is a sudden pain in my chest every tym i inhale.... n now this shivering.. suddenly my left leg, hand n my lips shiver.. i dont feel chilly or cold jst shiver n can feel myself go pale.. what is going on with me.. cant understand... please help.. lood tests are normal , my b.p is 145/80...somebody plz tell me wats wrong if possible
I'm a 29 year old female and tonight I suddenly became aware that I felt dizzy. This dizziness quickly worsened and while I was eating my dinner my right hand felt like it was going numb so much so that I was having difficulty gripping my fork. My fingers then started tingling. I actually thought I was having a mini-stroke. I became extremely weak to the point that I had to basically crawl up the last few of my stairs and I'd become really short of breath. I'd gone extremely pale and felt like I was on fire even though I was shivering. I called NHS direct who advised I should go to A&E due to the numbness/tingling I was feeling in my hand. They took my blood pressure & it was slightly high but couldn't really give me an explanation as to what it was/what had caused it other than that it may be stress related which I really don't think it is! I've never had an episode like that before and really hope I don't have another as it was quite frightening. I'm a bit annoyed that the docter just fobbed me off saying it was stress related when I really don't think it is.
sorry to hear that. I'm also been dealing with the same thing for 12yrs now I hate it. they tell me the same thing and panic attacks. I'm still going to doctors. I'm lost I don't want to keep living like this either.

I am a mother and wife. I work full time and take graduate classes part time. In short my life is busy and challenging but this last year it has become more challenging. I have had the same symptoms since late last year and getting worse and worse. I get tired, weak, my heart beats so fast, my lip gets numb, my hands shaky and I have to lay down or sit down somewhere. This always happens around lunch time (noon) and lasts about 3 hours. My husband doesn't understand what is going on with me and attributes it to laziness. He doesn't seem to understand that I am trying so hard but I get so tired and weak during the day it is hard for me. I landed in the hospital late last year when I had fevers and chills and trouble breathing. The hospital found I had a urinary tract infection and attributed the high blood pressure and fever to the infection and a panic attack. I have never had panic attacks and am not depressed. I also have trouble concentrating and a lack of interest in things. This is unlike me. I don't know what to do because my relationship and my school work is suffering. Any suggestions from anyone?

Jadelynn9681
I'm relieved to hear I am not the only one suffering from this.  I just typed in my symptoms on Google, and this came up first.  I totally relate to everyone on here.  My symptoms have been going on for a year now, and I'm tired of living like this with no diagnosis.  The symptoms come randomly and without warning, but all around noon.  I suddenly become nauseated and dizzy.  It is hard to breath and sometimes my hands (my left in particular) become numb and tingly.  My heart rate also increases noticably.  The doctor has been no help to me; blood and urine tests turned out normal, and they suggested stress or anxiety.  I am a healthy person who works out everyday, and although I have a large workload I have never considered myself an anxious person.  I truly believe I am one of the luckiest girls on earth.
After a bit of research, I realized Lupus sounds very close to my symptoms.  I will be going to a neurologist soon and hopefully will get this figured out.  I can't live my life like this when I'm taking college classes in high school with a jam packed schedule.  Any advice would be appreciated!
Please, please, please folks - listen to the doctors. IF you're experiencing all these symptoms at once AND you've a history of having panic attacks which render similar symptoms, it is almost completely CERTAIN to be more a mental issue than a physical one. It is absolutely incredible how your state of mind affects your physical state; but it does. I experienced all of these things, collapsing at hospital, endless tests etc etc. All of these tests FUEL the anxiety. It wasn't until I saw a reknown Professor who said firmly 'there is definately nothing wrong with you', that I listened. Since, then my life has been turned round, and I'm as healthy as could possibly be, and have put on muscle. Im at college/uni - to you guys of similar age - seriously, have a look at yourself and ask if you're incredibly anxious.

You'll all be living a great life soon - the first step is to accept you have a problem. There are some of you who do have genuine problems, and the doctors will eventually work that out - but the vast majority of you need to take your fingers off the pulse. Sorry, but the truth is harsh. Best of Luck
Hello!

I, too had the exact same symptoms. I have had the lightheadedness for a while now, but last week while eating lunch with my in-laws (two of which are nurses) I had the extreme "attack". They mentioned that it sounded like Hypoglycemia.

I then realized that my uncle is hypoglycemic, so I called him. He said it took him YEARS to be diagnosed and one doctor even recommended he see a psychiatrist because he was sounding like a hypochondriac. He was finally diagnosed with REACTIVE HYPOGLYCEMIA. Eating more than 4 grams of sugar will send him into days of what he calls a Roller Coaster. Most people say "OH, hypoglycemia! Eat sugar when you feel an attack!" NOT with this form. It just adds to the problem. He, too, ended up in the ER several times and his blood sugar was fine. That's because by the time you get there, your body has evened back out again. His symptoms were:

light headed, dizzy, shaky hands, numb finger tips, brain fog, pounding heart, "fluttery" breath, headache, and a few others.

I have the EXACT same symptoms. I avoided sugar for a few days, then had a chicken sandwich and soda and lost a whole night of sleep with symptoms. The hard part is avoiding starches along with sugars. Even a lot of fruit will effect him, I haven't experimented with the fruit yet. I am currently carrying around a $10 glucose meter and testing when I feel even the slightest bit weird. Since I have also been avoiding starch and sugars, I haven't had an attack in a while. I plan on going back to my old ways to purposely have an attack so I can catch my blood sugar plummet/spike.

Good luck!!!

i have symptoms like these..i feel tingling burning n my hands n feet and sometimes all over..i feel dizzy like off balance and when i sit still like im on a boat! i have high prolactive level and a goider! i still have breast milk and my daughter 2 1/2 years old! i dont know if this has anything to do with me feeling like this! can someone please give me there advice! im tired of feeling like this..i have had MRI of brain and neck and cat scans everything comes back normal!
I am 19 and I had something similar to this about 6 months ago. I started breathing so fast and hard my upper torso was jerking and my breathe you could hear the shakiness. yesterday i was in line with friends getting food and all of the sudden my legs started feeling numb and i was attempting to get my drink and i could barley push the button. i started to shake all over as if i was cold and then i was jerking, i felt as if i were going to pass out. Idk if this is anything like your symptoms but i am wondering if anyone knows what it is and what triggers it. I wasn't stressed or anything.
im 18 years old got a daughter whos one and a half, go full time college, loving life as anyone would be at my age, but i suffer from light headedness, dizyness, shaking, loosing weight, my vision goes all blury, basicly just dont feel with it at all, from the moment i wke up till the moment i go to sleep, its so hard with a 1 year old aswel constantly on the go but when i stand up straight away i cant vocuss properly, keep getting random colours like green and pink apear randomly when i look at things, but in the corner of my eye. ive had enough and its taking over my life ive had so many days of college and i dont want to mess up my future as i need a decent one for my daughter, i just need help and jsut to get this sorted i stil go out when i can just suffer the whole time im out and just want to leave and go home, just keep asking myself why should i feel like this why cant i feel normall just everything seems to be getting worse, ive beeen sent to a neurologis, but that was 7th july 2009. and i had it 2 years before that but yet doctors still think im fine? seriously anyone know what this is then please let me know, cant keep struggling everyday with it.
I am a 15 year old girl. I'm happy, healthy, and I get good grades. I'm not stressed and I take vitamin pills every morning along with a big breakfast. I'm a good eater and sleep a good 8-10 hours every night. For the past year I've been to 6 hospitals, had every heart, blood and brain test done (ex. MRI, CT scan, etc.). All of which came back "normal". Yet, twice a week (sometimes more) I have these "episodes" that last about 15-20 minutes total and then I'm drained afterwards. I get very light headed, cannot breath, weak, lose of feeling in legs, fall over, everything shakes uncontrollably and my head pounds. Some times this will happen at school, and sometimes at home. People say I loose all color and am very "spacey" and don't really know what is going on.
If you have any thoughts as to what this may be, please let me know. I would absolutely love to be rid of this. Thank you.
I have had the SAME exact problems. I am on Adderall (adderrall) XR. and even when I dont take it I get tingly numb legs if I stand in place too long. Shakey (shaky), really emotional, tired, irritated because I feel dizzy and flushed. I had to go to the ER because I was soooo low on POTASSIUM. ENERGY DRINKS< BARS< have the same effect of increasing your heart rate. both times I went I had a low potassium. They doctors sais even certain vitamins can interact with each other and work against you giving you side effects of all the vitamin and adderall (adderrall) working together.
SLEEP, TRY YOGA!.. been very effective with blood circulation, EAT EAT EAT!!!  And drink lots of Gatorade and Water. I know it ***** we have to watch this so carefully. But trust me feeling like that isnt worth it.
I have been feeling like crap for two days now one min it's nausea and the feeling of vomiting the next it's dizziness and shaking sometimes all at once. I went to the doctors the told me I was dehydrated and needed  to drink fluids and my blood and urine test came back fine I told to doctor I was feeling as tho my heart was beating out of my chest and my whole body would go numb and he said it's from dehydration now I looked up my symptoms and some say stomach flu others say worse heart problems I would really like to know what is going on and a real answer. I'm 22 I don't eat as healthy as I should and I am working on that but I have been eating this way for years so why now am I feeling like I'm having a heart attack every 10 minutes.
I have similar symptoms to that like one night when I was trying to get some sleep I just started shivering out of nowhere.  After the shivers and chills came a chest pain.  At first I thought I could try to sleep it off just being a little cold and have a mild chest pain.  So the next day I still felt the same except having random aches and pains everywhere like having pain in one arm then the next thing you know its gone but in the other arm! I would have sharp chest pains every time I took a deep breath but that soon cleared within a day or two but now I still suffer from headaches, some random aches and a lot of shivering.  But now every time I walk I feel dizzy and unbalanced.  It almost feels like an elevator feeling when walking almost like vertigo.  I am a 18 year old guy who never had a problem with my health before.  I went to the doctor and they said my heart and lungs where fine and I just need more tests.  If anyone can help know what I have and how to help it I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you.
I am a 25 year old, recently finished my medical school. I have read all the symptoms and comments and woukd like to share mh own experiences before I offer any advice. I had, over 2 years ago a few episodes similar to what have been memtioned. Usually in the evening i woukd start feeling a little light headedness, and growing discomfort, with a feeling that something is wrong.  This would be followed by sweating, racing heart beat, breathlessness and dry mouth. I thought that maybe i needed some food but i couldnt even eat more than 2 bites, even if i hadnt eaten all day and was starving, i wouldn't be able to eat. These episodes lasted 15 to 20 minutes, in the beginning but over time got prolonged and lasted upto 45 mins.
3 very severe episodes landed me in the ER. They did a whole battery of tests each time, especially cause i told them i am a medical student and even instructed them with tests i wanted. However, the tests would always come back fine. They would diagnose me as anxiett and discharge on mild sedatives. I didnt believe them one bit. So, i decided to see my senior most professor who had quite a reputation with faculty, students, and most importantly, patients as well. I went to him and calmly told my wjole situation and all the tests and results and told him that i didnt agree with the diagnosis. He listened to me quite calmly and then examined me fully. He ran a standard blood test, and i asked him to do a chest xray, liver, renal, and thyroid test as well. He did all those tests. A week later i went back to him, he sat me down and explained that the tests were normal. He explained that i have anxiety disorder. I argued with him that i am valm and collected person and dont stress out on any matter. He politlely agreed and informed me that even though that is the case, i am sufferring from anxiety. He prescribed me some antidepressant: amitriptalline. He told me to make lifestyle changes, sleep on time at night, eat on a fixed time, exercise daily. Along with the medication and fixing my routine, in about 2weeks time i saw complete recovery. Then i stopped my medicine and in a few months i forgot that i ever had these symptoms. Now i regularly exercise and eat well and sleep well. However, every few months if i dont go to bed on time or stay up too late, i do feel a nit of the old symptoms briefly. But ever since i accepted the diagnoses and worked towards getting rid of the pronlem, i have felt much better. Now i know that just from the day i accepted that such a problem could affect me, i hace been better.
My advice to you all would be to do some research, get whatever tests you want, request your doctors to do those tests for you. But when the results come back fine and your doctor tells you its anxiety you should accept it start working towards fighting the problem. I would encourage you all to get second opinions as well but i also realise that 47% of the population suffers from anxiety at some point in their life. Accept it and treat it. Believe me it will go away and you will forget that you ever had such a problem.
I just came across this post. I'm 30 and always been healthy. 3 weeks ago I started having headaches; I decided to go to doctor to check it 5 days ago an I was sent for blood test but he measured my blood pressure it was 160/100. Blood test was all good. Now for the past 4 days I've had similar symptoms as you. I start shaking, hands and feet really cold and headaches continue. The major part of it lasts only 5 mins but the lead up is maybe 15 and another 10 after. During this my blood pressure is usually same as before it, around 135/90  during day it's lower around 120/75 Everyone has different opinion; majority say it's stress but I may have normal daily stress but when it happens I'm usually relaxed at night. Should I ask for specific blood tests? Any help is appreciated.
I also have occasional sharp pain on the left side of my chest. Blood pressure is back up to 160/100 later at night and headaches continue
Hi all, I'm 33 female, active runner.  Have had anxiety on and off for years but nothing like what's been happening the past two weeks.  I came home from work one night and was totally fine then the next second I was curled up in my bed with shakes, tingling in toes and lips and nausea.  My husband said your having a panic attack, calm down.  I finally got myself calmed and went to sleep.  But that was just the beginning.  I am so tired, it's dibilitating.  I continued to have the tingling so I went to an Urgent Care and an ER.  They did an EKG, Brain CT and blood work up.  I again followed up with GP and did some more blood work up.  Everything checked out fine.  I really feel like something is wrong and that my anxiety makes it worse.  However, if it's just anxiety, I want to deal with it.  I can't sleep and panic through each day anymore.  I have 2 little ones that depend on me.  
where do I go from here?
I'm14 yrs old and Ive been having very similar symptoms. its happened 4 times already in the past year. mostly during school or when I'm around more than 5 people, and when I'm in buildings. my symptoms are:

*dizzy/light headed/feel like fainting
*shaking, not violently, but not lightly
*feeling extremely hot or extremely cold, mostly hot tho
*everything seems to rush by
*i freak out over small things like a line not being straight
*my heart beats faster

if you know how to help me or what these symptoms mean plz help me its getting very annoying
My son is 5.  He gets pale, his lips loose their color and feels weak. It last about 10-20 min. Happens same time everytime, 10:50 in the morning, right before lunch.  It has happed 10 times now. For awhile it was happing on a weekly basis.  Took him to doctor, had his blood sugar, cholesterol checked. Checked his tyroids.  Doctors dont know what it is but just blow me off. He has even seen a cardiologist!! Someone help because I am not getting anymore help from the medical community. They have given up on him and blow it off.  please!
okay i'm very very knew to this but i'm 16. I have impaired glucose tolerence I just got diagnosed with it, but i'm a rough sleeper an today i woke up this morning and i have a bruise on the side of my arm but last wwek that same arm (my right ) my veins were hurting.  I'm very very stressed altely my dad fell from a tree broke 3 boens (our of the major 5) in his neck and ..we're just goign through a lot. today on the way to the hospital i've been feeling fatique, likie i get these weird feelings in my arms and legs liek tingling and i guess burning it's weird its so weird i took my Metformin and a banana cause i'm also low on vitamin D and calcium i have a history of panic attacks,and anxiety problems. I've been reading this site for a while and i'm also a little bit of a hypochondriac and i'm just getting more worried, if anyone could please help me and give me advice itd be greatly appreciated my email is ***@****.
I tried telling my afmily about my symptoms today but again everyones so down with my dad & I don't want to add to it unless it's serious i've gone to the hospital several times for my anxiety attacks and .. yeah.
Well what a roller coaster ride we are all on, Don't we all wish we didn't buy the ticket in the first place?

As with most, I have the light headedness just about all the time, (this is what most will progress to unfortunately)  sometimes weak in the legs, doesn’t seem to last long, like a minute or 2, but feels like they are going to go from under me.

Had panic attack like symptoms for years, sometimes a year would pass and all is good, other years, once a week, once a month.

2 months ago, caught a train into the city of Sydney, no chance of parking so trained it instead, got off train and WOW, all lightheaded and not on this planet feeling, thought, this is different than usual (panic attack) maybe this time it’s all over (felling of impending doom).
Caught train straight back home, got off, walked about 5 mins, sort of felt a little better, thought maybe i need a drink at shop, seen free local newspaper stacked up on ground, bent down to pick one up, next thing i know my shoulder is scraping along the shop wall struggling to stay on my feet, emediate head rush like pressure, followed by total panic, rapid heart racing, my god I thought bye bye this time!

I managed to get home only 30 second walk, straight into garage, got car out, and straight to ED 1 minute drive away, I honestly thought I wasn’t going to make it!

I walked into a crowded ED waiting room, triage took one look and sent me straight into resuscitation, well I thought really over now, i’m in emergency resuscitation section, the gates to the next life must be just about to open, i was white as a ghost, heart rocking the bed I was laying on, wired me up, needle in arm for testing and to restart me if i go bye bye, they looked at all the machines, told me to calm down while they did an ecg, 20 secs latter, your fine, you heart is going too fast, but in perfect rythm, bloods come back, I was told what ever you are doing, keep doing it, your blood work is perfect, and you hav’nt stroked or heart attacked, you may need to see a cardio for palpitations that accure every now n then. WTF I thought was that diagnosis?
So off to cardio, ultra sound to chest, dopla of the carotid artery’s in neck, 24 hour urine test, all normal, yet another blood count.  Off to another hospital with the same symptoms, this time one of the largest and newest in Australia, CT scan of the brain, 2 in 2 weeks, prob die of brain cancer now, chest x-ray,  CT of stomach, ultrasound of kidney, liver, all good, pat on back once again for looking after myself, all is good, kept me in overnight, monitored my heart 24 hrs, pat on back once again.
Even after sneaking out and having a sig, Near passed out again, heart racing, and had to be wheeled in by a passing nurse, the ward wasn’t impressed, also had a stress test that morning, all good again.
I have been to 4 different doctors in 7 weeks, 3 differnt ED departments (including Australia's leading heart hospital), 7 ambulance rides, to no avail.

I am also booked for an MRI tomorrow, to do a scan on my brain, maybe the CT scan didn’t see all, including sinus problem if there is one.

With a bit of luck the MRI will suck my brain out, and i will be symptom free at last! Maybe a couple of magnets in my jaw should do the trick, dont know how i shall stay in that MRI tunnel whilst it hovers around my head going wow wow wow wow noise for how long eeeeh!
Currently on antibiotics for inner ear infection, not diagnosed, but GP seems to think what the heck, worth a try, not doing anything after 5 days, did notice one ear drum dull, one shinny which would indicate something may be a miss with light headedness and off balance, but inconclusive atm.
One doc tried to lower my blood pressure because it was 140/90, but all other test 128/80, so was told to chuck them meds in the bin.
Also tried stemital for lightheaded, they ended up in the bin also.
There was another drug they tried, knocked me stupid for 24 hrs after taking 1 tablet, they ended up in the bin.
Meteropolol for panic attack works a treat, I only take them when needed, and only 12ml ¼ of a tablet dissolved under the tongue, really work great at slowing your heart back to normal, and work fast.  One Doc says don’t take them because it maybe your system telling your heart to pump more oxygen to your brain, some say take one a day, some say your fine when required, go figure!
When required suits me fine, and don’t have to worry about withdrawls if stopped, if there is any withdrawls.

So ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard the roller coaster ride, get every test known to man. We maybe be lucky on that ride, someone along the track may pull us off with an answer, but until then, god speed, good luck, go hard, don't give up, look in every direction, there are many maps to explore, the answer must lay ahead! You just got to find the right road, Anxiety is the last resort! I have been told that by the best in the business every time, never have they said to me anxiety, even when I asked do you think its anxiety, LAST RESORT THEY ALL SAY!  If your gp tells you anxiety, slap em!
Anxiety meds may put a rain coat over you to protect you from the rain, but your still under the rain coat with a problem if you follow, If you don’t understand this, it’s because you are already on anxiety meds dar.

Of course all this is easy to say for myself being an Australian, nothing has cost me a red cent, except the MRI i will pay $250AU because I have ordered it in the hope for an answer, if I go to a specialist, its near free, but I aint waiting for a specialist appointment, i’m going hard and fast to lick this, and I will be back with an answer for you all!

May GOD bless us all with good health, and shine a path to a cure (-:
Look at BabyPurity's post from Aug 30 2009 - she is right, it is our ADRENAL GLANDS.  I was tested thoroughly for pheochromocytoma (tumor of the adrenal gland) and all came back negative.  I am certain there is some problem, maybe not a tumor, but some other problem with my adrenal glands.  I have all the symptoms most are discussing here: flushing, sweating, anxiety, racing pulse, high blood pressure, and so on.  It is a horrible experience that comes and goes, and nothing much seems to help, except laying down and waiting it out.  It got so out of hand, I had a hypertensive crisis, actually a series of them, and ended up on 4 antihypertensives.  I am back down to 2, but still have the episodes occasionally.  I am at a loss for what to do about them.  I have been passed from specialist to specialist, and they're all stumped.  Nonetheless, I am convinced this is an adrenal problem (the adrenaline starts first, anxiety follows) and will keep looking.  Does anyone have any idea as to solutions, in addition to those BabyPurity suggests?
aye,

i'm a 19 year old dude, i would like to think i'm pretty fit; i work out at least 3 times a week, i play soccer and run a lot. but lately i've been feeling like how a lot of you described; but i shrug it off sometimes because when i have these "panic attacks" (tunnel vision, loss of colour, shortness of breath, etc) it's after i've smoked marijuana. i know that it's bad, but hey i'm 19?

when i have these "panic attacks" i usually go to the restroom, throw some water on face, take a few sips, and sit and wait it out. its happened on three occasions, but the first was the worst; my friend said i actually passed out and he said it looked like i had a seizure. that scares me.

but when i think about it all it doesn't make much sense because there have been times when i would sit, play video games and smoke stupid amounts of marijuana by myself and be fine.

please don't just knock my comment off because of that. i don't really smoke anymore because i kindof got scared out of it.

i feel like i kindof have minor pain on the left side of my abdomen sometimes upper and sometimes lower, i do find it hard to sleep sometimes and i feel likes hard to catch a good full breath.

i've noted alot of the things you all said and i plan to go see someone about this in the morning.  
Update,

Prev 2 x CT scans head =  Neg result
Chest Ultrasound heart = Neg result
Neck Ultrasound of Corotid Arteries = Neg result
Chest X-RAYS (Many times)  = Neg Result
24 Hour urine test = Neg Result
Diabetic = Neg Result
CT scan of stomach and intestines with dye = Neg Result
Full blood count = Neg Result (Many times)

UPDATE
High strength MRI of brain, strength level 3Telsa Inconclusive of lightheaded symptoms, however slight abnormal imaging detected for a person of my age in one section, everything else normal.

There appear to be multiple scattered peripheral white matter hyperintensities in both cerebra hemispheres.  These appear to be more numerous than expected in a patient of this age.
Several focal lesions are present in the deep perietal white mater in the region of the optic radiation. There does not appear to be ant definative pattern to suggest demyelination.
No other structual change could be identified intracranially.
Underlying cause such as hypertension or other small vessel desease such as vasculitus would need to be considered.  Demyelination cannot be entirely excluded.  Clinical correlation and possible serial MRI evaluation may be helpful in further clarifying the diagnosis.

Well after so many test, may be onto something here, seen GP today armed with MRI and she is running more blood test to see if there is tiny viens being restricted, as the large arteries are fine and tested already.

Also had hearing test because of tinnitus, hearing is fine test says.

I asked GP is MRI a bad result, GP said MRI is saying maybe this, maybe that, but inconclusive realy, so lets rule out maybe this maybe that, thus the extra blood test.

I asked her if maybe something was happening whilst I was asleep, maybe we should do a sleep study, because i did my own test last night, test being...  I went to ED last night to find out test of MRI (couldnt wait for GP today) arrived at 10pm, didnt get seen till 7am in morning, (they ED wasflat out) so had plenty of people to chat with, and was armed with laptop to watch movies and laptop was linked to my Samsung Galaxy S 2 (AWSOME PHONE) so i could surf the internet,  so i was armed with plenty of entertainment and plenty of medical stories to listen to from other patients.
7am came, I was called, and im feeling pretty good, no lightheaded feeling at all, im chatting to everyone, enjoying the sunrise, i was seen and discharged and ED had MRI report faxed, ED says nothing in MRI explains light headed groggy feeling.
Go to GP with ED copy of MRI, this is about 10:30am and im feeling so good, even after not sleeping all night, little tired, but thats nothing to the lightheadedness, groggy lazy feeling, anyway, totally feeling great, got out of GP about 12 midday, got home, fell asleep in afternoon, woke up at 10pm, and bang, same old lightheaded groggy feeling, interesting!
GP kicked me out after I explained my concept saying I am wearing her out, I am expecting to much to soon, she said go home now and sleep, I tried LOL. So now i have to wait for blood test to come back, and GP also said, next visit we are going to talk about smoking, so enjoy them while you can, next visit its time to quitt, not a heavy smoker but over them anyway so will enjoy next visit, hopefully she has a way for me to stop, they are so dear in Australia $15 to $20 for pack of 25 (RIP OFF) and with a 2 yro daughter, another comming in 4 weeks, Im determined to say the least.
One good thing, I dont drink or take drugs, so once the sigs are over, pretty much toxin free.

To be continued and will let all know results, I think everyone here should have an high strength MRI with contrast (I didnt have contrast but wish I did) and bypass all the rest of the useless test I went through, It may find your problem straight away!
Take note, there are 0.9T 1.5T and 3T MRI machines available, try to get a 3T MRI machine, and have the contrast, it will see all!
PS dont panic when you get off the MRI and want to pass out, its normal, try to sit up for a minute before standing, only last for a few minutes, and you will slepp like a baby when you get home, you prob wont have this feeling on a lesser strength machine, but hey! go the whole hog, het the best possible, and find all inside that head of yours!

I feel the same way more  light headed and feel even  awkward holding a conversation on the phone because I get irratated . I got urine, blood, ct scan and nOthing.  Chiropractor said my atlas is no allined . I get like this about 2 to 3 times a day.  My blood pressure is 131 over 90 most of the time. Please help anyone! Jesse
Hello People, im 23, My father use-to work at 'Area 51'....yes the base with all the rumors,.. though my father worked above ground at the 'regular' facilitys there working with the 'stealth fighters' and also was deployed to Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm 'war'. I know with most of you an instant pre-opinionated brain synapses is probably fireing off right about now prompting you to think of hollywood movies, dumb tv shows, and possably thE,,,instantanious laughter response insinuating a lack of comfort whenever exploring thoughts about our spinning ball of water and land floating around 'the sun'. Its okay just take thease words seriously please because the news tv channels, movies, politics, papers, will keep people good little listeners following their bosses every orders, vs free-ly and even willingly being able to explore our existance and ask why. As this is culled out from the masses early on with school programing straight off the assembly line ready to soak up whatever they say is real is real...Before i get into a typo-thon here just look at your world, are we, the men of america able to question, and get answers ....no ... the secrecey is so deeeeep , look at alex jones bohemian grove footage , the super rich religions leaders... prince philip the sick bastards quote ... the pope,. georgea guidestones.... vitamin-mineral-nutrician starved foods...very risky vaccines...pills drugs that harm ...floride in your water and toothpast...this BLOCKS UP YOUR PINEAL GLAND x-ray proven ...see coast to coast am show on floride..... the other pope that was in office 33days was killed like kennedy,... its a car crazy money running world, rothchilds rockafellers , ... queen of england bush, there are such things as secret societys and they are extreamely advanced, and controlling.

Look up Kay Griggs ...know truth when you see it , open your darn eyes to look.Klaus Donna's 'Hidden History Of the Human Race' ( a 45 minute slide show from project avalon) to see hudge humans who skulls are on display, on the news? HELL NO...bcuz ofcourse what celeb is fukin what singer is far more important to americans then a 'giant breed of humans remains multiudes of them found'

Okay well here is a link to Dolores Cannons project camelot interview i HIGHLY suggest watching it HAS TO DO with THEASE SYMPTOMS directly at around 50munites in if you must first jump to there hear her out for like 2minutes 50-52 minutes in is the direct relation to symptoms ...THEN when you (who the heck ever wishes) has time or makes time watch the whole interview....the kay griggs interview , and the klaus donna 'Hidden History Of the Human Race' slide show.......Thanks ( link to dolores explaining symptoms at 50-52 minutes here )    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihH0L_bffAA          Keep your mind open and plez no 'alien freak' or 'ufo nut' name calling because number 1 i wouldnt care, number 2 its only the turth . Who's Who to tell any one how any thing is when, we are all exteamly special uniqe and amazing life forms, most likely spiritualy powered/ electricity but they prefer and ( thought it would be fun, to invent money and controll the systems of the world for them greedy  'devine' selves ) royalty and religions etc etc,............gosh knowing how to type is nice but LoL i better not loose ones attention but to lengthy a comment for my point of be brought, ... im a regular dude my dad is long since been at other air force bases, one of my brothers is also in the military and a free mason ( not a 'typical' one LOL or reg. though, like the fat retired office golfers that go once a week for coffee and bagels, and never get to get too ""INvolved"")   So im sure my msg by now has a rather 'frantic vibe'  and thats what im going for because all the idiot mindless followers need to really wake up and look around at whos your bosses $$$...and we need to take a small childs question perspective and ask those simple questions from the start re-evaluating enirtely the way we have our ""Prioratys" set.  
Hellow all friends here,I am Rony,25,from India and want to share a good news
to you all.
All of the above symptoms and weakness is the result of some malfuntion of
some of your glands.
I have searched about this many place,and lastly I think I found a solution for you guys!!
Trust me,what I m telling is very true and you will be back to your normal life very soon.
Now the most Important fact:-
I think,when our Pituitary gland is malfuntioning,it can cause many problems because this is the gland which controls our all glands in our body.

But the symptoms,which you guys mentioned above,is the result of malfuntioning your "Adrenal glands"..........I think.

Anyway,the good news is that you should immediately go to a accupressureist and consult it with him.

I think the doctor will tell you,this is "panic disorder" but actually this is not the case.

So,Just go to an Accupressureist,and consult him and follow his instructions carefully and daily.
Then I think,all of you will be fine very soon,within 1month or 3 month.

And if you have other things,like bad cough or gas problem,then it can also be treated with accupressure.

So,I hope, you all will be fine and normal for sure,because everything will be cure !!
But Please,Let me know if This treatment help you,Till then Good Luck!!
                                                                              From Rony!
i have been havng these weird symptoms that sound exactly like what is going on in most of your stories. First of all let me just say this i am 20 years old and this is not normal for me. This should not be happening. I will get these moments when i start to feel dizzy my stomach feel like its on a roller coaster my hands and feet and toes and fingers start to tingle my hands shake i have shortness if breathe. I dont know what to do just let me know if you can plz.
Get checked for diabetes.
Hey friend,just go to a accupressurist,because doctor will tell you it is a panic disorder,but actually it is not,though you should first do your blood test,then if everything is normal,like in my case........you should go to a accupressurist very soon........Just hope you will recover very soon!!
It sounds like you have a case of  vertigo ... I am not a doctor ...but like everyone else here i have gone to many Doctors to find out what is causing these problems.. They sent me to a balance center and what you are saying is pretty much what they kept asking me how i felt ... I do have a touch of vertigo but not that bad ... From what your saying it sounds like you have it worse then me ...
I had racing heart, weakness, shakiness, but not sick.  A friend recommended a chiropractor.  My spine was crazy crooked and in a few visits, I was normal.  Now I go once a month to see him.  I never want to repeat those symptoms again!
Glad I'm not the only one. 31 year old female here. I have had similar symptoms for at least a month now. Dizzy/vertigo, shaky, tingling hands & feet, feeling like breathing restricted, tightness in chest, all over body aches, rapid heart rate at rest that shoots up to 160 at times. I do tend to have low blood sugar, but so far it's diet controlled. I have been to the ER and have had several EKGs done all with perfect results. My thyroid, liver, & kidney function are normal. I had been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder & was put on Paxil, but my symptoms got worse, so I took myself off of it. I find it hard to leave the house, cause I'm almost always in pain. I find that my symptoms are worse around 2pm & 10pm... all these problems and no answers... no relief. I'm going crazy. I'm about to contact anyone who speacializes in nervous system disorders cause it might very well be fibromyalgia... who knows? wish you all the best!!!
I almost died it was weird the numbness climbed until it hit my cheast I went into a coma
Hope this helps.
http://diabetes.webmd.com/tc/hypoglycemia-low-blood-sugar-symptoms
My 19 year old daughter has been to see a specialist today after having all the symptoms as detailed previously. Whilst my daughter has ME/CFS, IBS she has been told today that she has hyperventilation syndrome which causes low oxygen levels. Treatment is to control your breathing and master a technique to stop the dizziness, to get the blood pumping quicker round the body and stop the tingling which is because the blood is not reaching the extremities.
I'm a 21 year old female college student. I suffer with both depression and anxiety. I have frequent panic attack and take medication that doesn't seem to help much. I've recently been experiencing symptoms such as light headedness, dizziness, weakness, nausea, headaches, and others that have been listed on some posts. I'm really concerned and need some answers. I haven't been to the doctor yet to be checked out. I was wondering if anyone would like to offer me some advice. I'm scared that this could end up being bad. Please Conner back with some advice!
I just found this site the last posting was 2 years ago but I'm feeling the same symptoms and I'm really scared does anybody have any answers
Sorry about that I was on a mobile site and it said the last posting was 2 years ago..  anyway I'm still worried and scared.. I have a doctors appointment next week to see what's wrong..  I feel bad everyday now...
Hi!

Your post is old so I hope you get this. I see a lot of answers to you from the general public with no medical experience. Please be leary of taking advise from someone who is not medically educated. I am a nurse. And although I cannot diagnose per state law I can give you advise and guide you into the conversation you need to have with your doctor. AND , ANY doctor that puts you off and claims all is due to stress is the wrong doctor to go to. Firstly, make sure you pick a doctor if you can that is associated with a teaching hospital, such as that from a University like UCI Med Center for example. Secondly choose one that is an MD in Family Practice or Internal Medicine. Make one of these your primary physician. They will coordinate all your healthcare needs.

Now that all that is said...  You mentioned all your tests came out good. Well the problem is... What tests were run? Perhaps only a CBC? Which in your case, sounds to me like you are having low blood sugar or possibly a thyroid problem or other endocrine problem. This is where you can start your investigation. In the future, do your homework! IT IS IMPERITIVE! TRUST NO ONE WITH YOUR CARE UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD EXACTLY WHAT TESTS WILL BE DONE, WHAT THEY ARE FOR, AND WHAT IS THE RESULT, AND IS THIS RESULT NORMAL? AND THEN, WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?? Take Notes. Get copies of your results and keep them for your records and to show any specialists you will see.

Please ask for:
-Fasting Glucose Blood Test (Do not eat or drink anything but water after modnight day before and give sample in AM)
- A1C Blood Test
- Urine Test (Checks  pH, PROTEIN, Glucose, Blood, Particulates, bacteria)
- CBC with differential
- COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL (Checks your liver and kidney function)
- Electrolyte Panel (checks sodium, calcium, Mg, etc)
- TSH
- T3
- T4

These tests will check you for Diabetes and Hyperthyroid and will check for infection and some organ function. Your doctor might also check your pancreas to see if everything is ok there too. The type of doctor specialist you need to see is called an ENDOCRONOLOGIST. They specialize in Diabetes, Thyroid Disease, Hormone Balance, etc.

In the meantime cut down on your carbohydrates!  Those bars are FULL of sugar, fat and carbs and burn off quickly, especially if eaten with caffeine and in the heat. To stop these low blood sugar spirals eat protein with your carbohydrates and limit your caffeine and sugar and avoid things that peak your metabolism too quickly like energy drinks and bars. During a bad episode the best thing to do is drink orange or applejuice quickly!! Sugar must be replaced to your system or you may pass out!

A good meal to have in am is greek yogurt PLAIN! With 0% fat. You can put fruit on it or cinnamon and honey. Greek yogurt is packed with protein. Also egg whites scrambled with a little dash of parm cheese and sliced tomatoes, etc. Dont eat sugary cereals, donuts pancakes, blah, blah, blah.
Have snacks of almonds and raisins or pistachios and a banana. When you change your diet and eat four small meals a day you will note a difference! If its just low blood sugar that would be great! But you need to follow thru and check everything else listed above AND WHATEVER THE DOCTOR SUGGESTS... If he blows you off, see another one immediately! Your symptoms can be very dangerous!, especially while driving!

GOOD LUCK! TAKE CARE!
Oops, forgot to mention to monitor your blood pressure. Get an auto cuff at your drug store for $20. Low blood pressure and sometimes high blood pressure causes SOME of the same symptoms... 120/80 is perfect  
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you LVGirlRN.  
I have had these SPELS (the instant sweets, shaking, and dizziness) for almost 20 years now.  These Spells started once a year then twice a year, then more often almost weekly, I was getting scared to leave the house and or workout.  They were so often that I could start to see a pattern, it was about half hour to an hour after eating.  Which is strange cause I was always told I am hypoglycemia, but then I started putting it all together.  Even thou these spells were after eating usually the meal consisted of heavy carbs.
Then I had a Dr. check my Gluten, I do not have Celiacs decease but do have a very high Gluten sensitivity.  Now that I'm gluten free and hardly eat any sweets these Spells seems to have stopped, it has been 5 months now.  
I had an episode last night, what was wierd is that the tips of my fingers were going numb. I mean i layed down on the couch once i started to shake and then by heart beat rose, i had an intense headache i could feel in the very center of my head and it almost burned. I got sick, threw up water that i had been trying to get down. I was shaking and trying to warm up for probably over an hour. I was thinking to myself i was having a heart attack. There is no way this could be a panic attack, i have had a panic attack before. There was something seriously wrong with my body. I have had these types of things before but they only lasted a little while, last night it lasted over an hour and by the time it was over i was so exausted i just fell to the floor and passed out. I woke up this morning scared, coudln't remember when i fell asleep. I remember trying to stay awake because i was shaking so hard and trying to breathe steady at the same time i didn't know what was going to happen. SCARY! Idk but I really wish someone knew some more about this.
Hello, I just came from the doctor who told me that I could have a possible after migrane (migraine) effect. My sinus is bad (one side of the face is tingling) as well as right side arm and foot and now I started with the nausea. I had bw done for my physical and all came fine except cholesterole at 246. My right eye is a twitch and feel dizzy on and off. I might want to go to neuro and meanwhile maybe try chiropracter to see. Also took some magnesium last night and felt warmer.
Look into atrial fib. Heart palpatations or fluttering when at rest is the main symptom. It causes the atrial valves to spasm, interrupting regular blood flow which can lead other symptoms of oxygen loss to body tissues, such as numbness or tingling in the limbs, cold sweats and dizziness. You may have to wear a heart monitor to diagnose but complications from it going untreated can lead to a heart attack.
My husband has been having a problem now for about four years, after multiple doctors er visits still no answers. His sterile are a little bit different then everyone here,
1. High blood persure
2. Light headness all day every day ( not from meds)
3. Clear urine (blood tests fine not dibities)
4. Spikes in blood persure (will eventually go down after 15 min or so)
5. High fever (103 the last time I took him in)
6. Cheat burning ( not like heart burn, it comes no matter what he eats or drinks)

To many tests and doctors I can't even explain. If there is anyone that can help I would be great full for anything.
Do you live in an area with ticks?  Borrelia/Lyme and Tick Borne Relapsing Fever can both cause recurring fevers.
I've been experiencing rapid heart beat, flushing, headaches that appear out of nowhere with a "full" head feeling in seconds, a sense of foreboding, weakness, and over heating off and on for about 8 years. I thought I had moved past all of this, being symptom free for about a year, when last week it all returned with a vengeance and has hit me twice since. I, too, have been advised to take Ativan or one of those family of drugs, to which I have offered the Doctors to use it as a suppository. I know I am not having panic attacks (and I know I'm not too proud to admit it if I truly thought this was the case), but I also know I'm still searching for reasons. I have done the 24-hour urine collection 3 times and only once was there a slight spike in my noradrenaline. Incidentally, when this hits me, my ears seem to block in an instant. I was as healthy as a well-cared-for horse until I hit about 44 years old and now I live with this as an as yet undisclosed almost constant companion and it just pisses me off. The last few days my heart has been beating like a hummingbird's, but I'm not turning to anti-anxiety drugs to address something I know is physical. Time to see an new endocrinologist maybe? Any more suggestions? And by the way, in the words of Bill Clinton, to all of you who are suffering similarly, "I feel your pain."
Definitely get checked out for Lyme Disease.  Many doctors aren't familiar with the disease and don't know how to diagnose it or treat it.  A Lyme Literate Medical Doctor (LLMD) is your best bet for an accurate diagnosis, and if do you have it, the right treatment.
Thanks for your reply. I live on the island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada and Lyme disease is as yet unheard of here, though there have been reports during the last two years of Lyme-causing ticks having been found here. It is possible I picked something up while in Ontario or Quebec, or possibly in Europe, but I don't know if it exists there. As this has been an at least 8 year journey, it is unlikely I got it here if it is Lyme's disease. From what I hear about Lyme's, it is extremely debilitating and, for the most part, I function normally. But, when I get hit, I get hit hard and feel like I'm going to pass out. My heart beats so very fast as well. By the way, during my first bout, my wife called an ambulance for me and the hospital did a CT Scan of my brain while I was in symptom. Everything looked normal. My blood pressure spiked significantly and my heart rate was up, but everything else was normal. I've since had two MRIs done, same result. Oh, I've had two sinus surgeries and two sinus freezings in the last decade, but I can't remember if I had these symptoms before my first surgery or not. I should investigate that. And by the way, just in case this jogs someone's medical knowledge, the first time this hit me I was enjoying a good book in the bathroom (I'm not easily embarrassed) and I have noticed that when this hits, my stomach feels sore I guess. My ears block instantly and my heart gives a jump, but I can't tell if it's simultaneous or if one happens marginally before the other. Thanks again. E10.  
Lyme is definitely in Canada, its just that officials are way behind reality in recognizing it and educating doctors and patients.  It can be very different in different people.  Some have low grade symptoms for a long time.  Others can become chronically moderately ill, while some become severely ill.  Some people, like me, have periods of time where it goes dormant, and then comes back again.

www.canlyme.org has a lot of great articles and links to informational sites.  

It might be worth some research even though other things could be causing your symptoms, simply because doctors haven't yet figured out what's going on.  And yes, Borreliosis is indeed in Europe.  It tends to be more of a neurological presentation with arthritis being less common.  I have it and I have similar heart issues that you describe.

I tested negative the first two times.  The standard two tier testing misses many cases.  I finallymtested positive at IGeneX, a specialty lab.
Hi, I am 16 and this has helped. I usually am fit and well, very active with dancing, I do suffer from asthma but just last week I have been experiencing the same symptoms as you all. I have been sent home from college various times now in this past week, I get tingling in my face arm and legs and feel as though I am going to pass out, I get very cold and my heart beats really fast. I have had various tests from the doctors done and all have come back fine. These episodes last about 2-3 minutes. It's happened twice in the past week but every day I am getting up and feeling seriously dizzy, this occurs on a morning and usually by lunch it's stopped, however today it didn't I had another episode. I am worried as no one seems to know what it is.
Hello - I recently have been experiencing a lot of strange things with my health lately. Mostly it feels like maybe an over-stimulation. For instance, yesterday I was on a first date. Everything was going fine. The two of us were extremely connected to one another. After 3 hours of talking over a nice dinner out in the town, the two of us took a trip to a nearby store which he owns. As a polite respectful man, he tried nothing on my other than a nice first kiss. Shortly after that kiss, I became very strange. My stomach began to hurt and I suddenly felt nauseous. Then I began to sweat. And the ringing in my ear's became very loud soon after. All within these 20 seconds I was tunnel visioned. I asked to go to the bathroom and when I stumbled there I had to sit and rest my head. As soon as I got the energy to stand up I went to the mirror to see how I looked. I was pale. But I was getting some color back I could tell. I was starting to feel better so I washed the sweat off my face with cold water and I walked out feeling comfortable enough to approach my date, as if nothing ever happened. I was so scared though. I immediately asked to go home and he drove me to my car and I was fine after that. It's been almost 24 hours since the event and I have to say I feel slightly off today. Thankfully I didn't have to work and I could take it easy. If anyone has ever had something like this happen. I would greatly appreciate if you could share your story. My question is do you think it was my blood pressure? I have had several instances where I felt like I was lightheaded and stressed from just laying in bed next to another person or while kissing. I don't think this is normal. And I hope the Zoloft I'm taking will continue to reduce my stress and help me reach a more stable self.
I've had the exact same symptoms as you but I'm only 15. Any suggestions for what to do? Cause I know it's not age or stress.
It sounds like you might have vasovagal syncope.  Stress, or moments of over-stimulation, as you describe, overstimulates the vagal nerve, and the body responds with nausea, sweating, tunnel vision, and even fainting.  I get it if I watch my own blood get drawn, but not when I watch someone else.  I also get it really bad when an eye doctor gives me eye numbing drops for an exam.  For some reason, numbing the nerves in my eyes freaks out my nervous system.

I don't think there's a treatment for it other than learning to cope with stressors and learning relaxation techniques when you feel it coming on. They say it usually reduces with age.
I think all these examples must be related with the effects of living in a consumerist society - the market uses psychological mechanism and strategies to influence individuals attitudes and towards consumption.   Each time we are expected to have more spending power to meet the market needs (demand and supply), even if we do not need or want, the market forces/ influences individuals to spend even if they have no purchasing power parity (loans, credits, etc) and using marketing and publicity campaigns.
Individuals are expected to meet the markets needs and the market is in charge of deciding what our choices are through diversity.  For example, more women and men are expected to be perfect in an unperfected world, examples of a size "0" (market saves on textiles), having a perfect body, skin and hair ( fashion, celebrities, ice-cream, fizzy drinks, chocolate bar, diet products...), have a happy family (work to consume more, no free childcare, socialise, holidays, etc).  All these examples we live surrounded by influence our behaviour and sometimes drives us to stressful situations out of our control.  

The market meets the needs when we consume, however we are not aware that once our basic needs are covered (protection, food, affection, etc) we can basically conform with.   But the market keeps reminding us that we have to keep the cycle, by sending messages to our sub-consciousness altering our nervous system, organism and causing stress situations.

From what I have read there are various groups of people, ranging from teens to 40plus).  This is my theory but I cannot affirm it is reliable nor validate it because I do not have enough knowledge, the tools, etc.to do so.

Just one piece of advise: "be more critical" and do not just assume everything is ok.  Analyse, decide and never forget to breath deeply.  We are living fast lives.  Take time away from society and spend some time doing something without looking at your watch.  Maybe you just need to disconnect from the fast space/place and use some time to rest and meditate.  
FYI.  These are all common symptoms of alcohol/medication withdrawal.  Easily managed by benzodiazepines (Ativan, Librium, Xanax, etc., even Clonidine is very effective if this is the case.
thanks for the advice. i've been reading what every one else has been saying on this webpage. and i am glad that i am alone yet not alone in similar sufferings. I have yet to see something to exactly match what I suffer in comparison to all the comments and etc here. I have talked to my mom (I am an only child and the rest of the family is scattered all over the USA and I am not a people person because I freak out around people as in really avoid them because i get beyond nervous to the point of feeling like I am going to faint when around people, but that is a side-branch of what i feel is really going on with me... another side-story in other words) for so long and for so many hours about what I suffer and now it is not letting go and i feel like I am getting sicker and am dying no joke. I feel like my body is just giving up and I am fighting it all including the depressing thoughts and certain types of people because well I never was good at handling anything. I seem to be losing general body function, and feel like I am detaching from my body and slipping away physically and mentally. I am sensitive to nearly everything like foods, water, sounds, etc. I go for walks in the hood (where I live) to what i feel is fighting the inevitable because I told mom that if i go down I am not submitting to defeat at least not entirely. My energy is nearly gone I have to use it and struggle to do the very basics in life like breathe, digest, walk, and attempt to focus. I am even becoming sensitive to the weather. I look at people and think to my self that it must be nice to be normal and live suffer enjoy life and die like normal people. But I also force my self to be happy, do a little tai chi and yoga (little, since I have little to no energy), breathing exercises that spends me quickly (yet I am not asthmatic?), and of course read-up on this death that everyone else says doesn't exist and my symptoms that the docs says is all in my head and etc. I mean if it was all in my head, then I would like proper treatment because maybe something of which i cannot control is wrong with my head that is making my body fail I don't know. But I feel that what ever it is, it is more evenly-dispersed and seem to be... I'd rather not think about it. I always felt disconnected since as far back as i could remember: and I have done things that seem to be like a side of me that shouldn't exist bad things that may be from panic, sick satisfaction and other things. again i never was good at dealing with anything and have had bad grades (including gym) since the beginning and have been a general failure in life. but I still want to live, to love, to mingle, to be like everyone else and enjoy life and even suffer like everyone else. I am sorry that I cannot explain my self very well I wish that I could. It seems that nobody truly understands me and my suffering though I have read this and again think to my self that I am alone yet not alone.
I don't know where I am going with this, and am very tired as usual. Part dementia perhaps. I have explained over the years what I have suffered and it seems to morph into something (or some things) worse over the years and tends to get bigger or something and it is eating me up alive. I just want to function and live life like everyone else and mingle and enjoy things like everyone else but I feel so alien and that true enjoyment seems to be dying from everyone else like "life" is slowly (or not so slowly) slipping from me. Life seems so short to me. I always wanted a family, a career, and one with my surroundings, but i feel so deathly and far-away and it is only getting worse.
Anxiety? Perhaps. Depression? Probably. But I seem to be all-around short-changed for someone who seems so "normal". And it seems that anxiety, depression, panic attacks (one of my biggest doubts seriously), and etc seem to be the deep "effects" if any, not the deepest "cause(s)". And since I have had certain things since as far back as I can remember yet attempt to live a "normal" life (whatever that is), my own existence (or the lack there-of) seems to fool everybody else yet fool me the least.
I wish I knew what was wrong with me and that I could fix it and be like everyone else so that I can have a "life" like every one else. Sure, existence wise there are people worst-off than me, but non-existence wise I feel totally screwed out of the whole deal since the beginning.
I feel for you all and hope that your lives get better. I literally feel your pain for I am a very (deathly) sensitive individual (yet feel somehow spiritually numb and void) that when I read I seem to be in your situation and I want to make everything alright.
Peace and thx.
Have you heard of a highly sensitive nervous system?  I saw an article in a local paper once about a man who had written a book about living with it.  I can't recall the name of the book, but these web site might give you a start.  I hope this is helpful.

http://www.hsperson.com/pages/test.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
Hi, I have feeling really bad in the past two months. It started with some weird sensation on my legs, they felt with pressure, numbness and tingling. I was having uspet stomach and nauseas. One of those days I went to the mall with my son and I had the sesnation on my legs and started to freak out. I had vertigo, dizzness, shake, sweat i felt that i was going to die, I went to my car and started driving but i was confused and super nervous i didnt know what was happening to me. Later that day I went to the doctor and did some blood work and everythin came out normal. She told me it could be stress and anxiety and gave me pills. After few days of being in bed i tried to go out to a restaurant with my husband to eat and when i was sitting i was felling horrible and had to come back home without any food. i couldnt get of my house i was scared. Now after few weeks i still have cold sweaty feet, tingling in my limbs, sometimes in my face with some numbness and i am tired of feeling that way, i dont have energy and i need to take naps everyday. I still scared that migh be a disease and i think is too much to be just stress and anxiety. Help!!!
Hi! I have exactly the same symptoms as you! The first thing my doctor tested me for was pheochromocytoma- it was negative. I have also been tested for POTS- inconclusive. My doctor is baffled! I am also very dizzy often between episodes- and extremely tired- it has been over 6 months now with no solution!
It may not be a panic (or "anxiety") attack. I had these routinely when I was much younger and learned to deal with them, so that they gradually went away and I haven't been troubled by them for years. However, for the last couple of weeks, I've been having symptoms that are difficult to describe but are somewhat similar to some of the ones I'm seeing on this thread. Mainly, I guess, a slight feeling of "weakness" along with occasional (very slight) dizziness.

I'm wondering if I don't have some kind of bug like mild flu. (I had a flu shot last Nov.) But I don't have a fever or any other symptoms. Or what else it could it be? I'm thinking (and hoping not) possibly low blood sugar, since eating does seem to help some. I'm seeing my doctor this week about it. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to be debilitating, at least so far (fingers crossed). I did some work around the house over the holidays and that seemed to go OK. Like I say, it's very mild but annoying as hell.
Sounds like you might have pneumonia actually. Mine last year started out with exactly that kind of cough plus other similar symptoms....
I have the exact same symptoms as your husband and they have done every test you can think of... I get on some days just out of the blue super weak and nauseous and real a fuzzy head? It's been going on for a year and a half and still no answers from the DR's as to why.. They now are testing me for sleep apnea because they don't know what else to test me for...? The endocrinologist said something about maybe doing a CT scan but wanted to run all the blood and urine test first... This has been going on for a year and a half now and I'm so ready for some answers... I'm requesting the CT scan from my Dr. this week...?  I used to be such a healthy person and ate right and no drugs or alcohol and for this sickness to just hit me with no explanation is so frustrating. They put me on panic attack meds cause I started getting panic attacks for no reason.. and my blood pressure is high? I eat a very low sodium healthy diet ?? and I'm not over weight at all..??  
And to all I am on day 2 consecutively with all these symptoms. Its freakin me out! Its about the 5th time this has happened.
i am 15 years old and have the same symptoms . i have seen a doctor and had an EGC,an eye scan,blood test and they all came back fine. i described to my doctor the symptoms i have been having and he said i have panic attacks ( anxiety ). im not on any medication, but fell really shaky, weak and tired just about  everyday. there is nothing to worry about, TRUST ME I EXPERIENCE THE SAME SYMPTOMS. its nothing bad, just try to relax and keep calm when felling the symptoms and think anout something positive, it reallt does help. :)
hope this helps x
Would you elaborate on the effects this medicine has. I take several of them and am having extreme dizziness and tingling in fingers,also always exhausted.
Well here is my story and since I am currently going through all of the testing and I have excellent doctors that will never give up.... Figured I might as well tell my story and symptoms and results as they are available.

Age:35
Gender: Male
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 320

Started out about a year ago, I felt lightheaded, vertigo like symptoms, heart racing, anxiety, and a sense of not feeling right or beside myself. I had tingling in my fingers, seemed to start at the top of my hand and move down. I had random pains in my forearm, mid-bicep, and far left side of my chest.

I would have these symptoms pretty much every day and it was absolutely exhausting. Not only did the symptoms make me feel crappy, but the vertigo/lightheadedness made me have semi-anxiety attacks. Seemed I would go to work and spend a bulk majority of the time simply trying to hang in there and fight off the symptoms. Constant fan blowing on me, listening to nature sounds, anything I could do.

Finally went to the doctor as honestly I had enough.

Immediately I was referred to a cardiologist, due to my weight as I am at risk.I had a standing and sitting stress test, ekg, echo, pet scan, and I wore a holter for a couple of days. With the exception of elevated BP, all of the testing came back negative and no heart problems. I was prescribed Losartan (25mg), for the BP. My BP was on average about 135/78, not crazy high, but high enough. I seem to feel BP changes more than others, and that includes sodium sensitivity and caffine/nicotine sensitivity. Sodium, caffine, nicotine, seemed to make the symptoms more exaggerated.

Also I during this time I had blood work completed to rule out parathyroid/thyroid problems, diabetes, and a few rare diseases I never heard of and can't remember. All results came back clean or negative.

After a couple of weeks on the medicine I definitely felt 80 -90% better, but still slightly off. My BP went to an average of 120- 130/ 70 - 80. The rounds of dizziness or vertigo like symptoms would come and go with severity. Some triggered by just sitting around, others could be when I move my head quickly or stand up quickly. Over all though the improvement was huge and I felt much better.

This past weekend, almost a year later, I had a severe bout of the tingling, arm and far left chest pain, vertigo and lightheaded like symptoms. Went to the ER they did a basic blood panel, and ekg. All was fine. I did exhibit nystagmus, so I had a CT scan of my brain. That also showed clear. They prescribed me a medicine for the dizziness and since I wasn't emergent, discharged and referred back to my doctors.

I had my appointment today and I am being scheduled to visit a neurologist and I am having an MRI done on my brain and some different blood work to rule out MS. I am also seeing an ENT to have a VNG check and some other tests to rule out meiners disease.

At this point, with my symptoms we are in the "rule out" phase. I will be sure to keep everyone up to date with findings and testing results. I can be as specific as you guys like. Should have something up in the next week or so maximum.

Also keep in mind these symptoms are indicative of alot of things and honestly could be experiencing more than one issue. In my case it could be high sensitivity to blood pressure, and an inner ear issue, and something else. Or it could be MS coupled with something else.

It doesn't have to be just one thing causing a problem, it can be a couple more mild issues piled together, or it could be something I would rather it not be like MS or Lupus, etc....

Either way I will let you guys know what happens with my last round of testing this week and next.
Opps I forgot... I have really amazing doctors all around. My general physician is amazing, cardiologist is completely awesome, and all nurses and practioners have been great...

It is really important to find good doctors, especially with symptoms like these that have dozens and dozens of possible causes. My docs really care about the patients and want to get to the bottom of things...

Its really important to have the right docs.....
Sounds like a vitamin B-12 deficiency. Are you vegan? Or vegetarian?
If you don't absorb enough vit B-12 from your food (you don't get any B-12 if you are a vegan) you will eventually get neurological problems a couple of years down the line. Permanent nerve damage can occur. Take an "under the tongue" B-12 pill every day and see if your symptoms lessen.
Also, have your thyroid and adrenal gland function tested.
Good luck!
I realize it's been a few years...hope you are doing better...just wondered if they ever checked your blood counts....and if hematologist reviewed it.
My MRI was completed, it was with and without contrast. The results were completely clear, no lesions, masses, etc... I have had a urinalysis, and this weekend will be completing a a 24 hour urinalysis for some final testing.

The following blood work has been completed up to this point.

-Fasting Glucose Blood Test
- A1C Blood Test
- CBC with differential
- COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
- Electrolyte Panel
- TSH
- T3
- T4

I am having more blood work completed next week to verify the cathecholamines and VMA's as well as HH6 and TSH again. The last test showed my HH6 and TSH were borderline high and the docs want those re-verified.

I have also been referred to a neuro-ENT, to double check my MRI as well as complete a VNG exam and test for Meniers Disease. That appointment is also next week.

I am also going to revisit the cardiologist to have one final PET scan completed to be absolutely sure nothing was missed.

I will provide updates on all the testing in the next two weeks and let you guys know if they find anything.
Viewing 1-200 comments: