Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Lightheaded Most of the Time

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Lightheaded Most of the Time

I'm a 31yr old male non smoker non drinker in Florida, overweight (5'6 215lb), but otherwise no history of disease. I have been lightheaded on and off for the past 6 months. Not dizzy or spinning per say, its more like I have balance issues or fatigue or something. Seems to affect me mostly when I am walking around. Doesn't usually bother me when sitting or driving. But I really notice it when doing things that involve a lot of walking (like shopping). Docs think its all anxiety related, tried Ativan which made me feel better about the situation, but I still felt the lightheadedness. I also seem to have a ton of gas (burping), not sure if its related.

I have had a lot of tests including eyes (normal), glucose tolerance (normal), bp (mild pre hypertensive, slightly rapid heartbeat), blood (elevated cholesterol, TSH 1.26), lung xray (normal), allergist (mold, dust, and elm, no asthma), head mri (normal), ekg 2x (normal), non stress echocardio (normal), gastro endoscopy (mild acid reflux), and sleep study (some apnea, waiting for details), vertigo tilt test (normal).

I don't think the problem is anxiety, I have very low stress in my life (much less than I have had years ago). I'm thinking I should see a Neurologist, from what I have read they deal in balance and dizzyness issues. Any other thoughts? Thanks!
Hi there. I was lightheaded due to pvc's or palpitaions.  Also caffeine would precipitate this and the symptoms.
Thank you for the advice, I'm wondering why my primary care physician didnt recommend anything similar (probably because most people don't want to hear that). I am going to try to lose the weight. I still feel like something else is the cause (not sure why) I have been this weight for probably 4 years now, so it seems odd that it would just come out of the blue. For a while I actually thought it was diet beverages that were doing it to me as I had cut out all regular soda not too much before my problem started (though I tried cutting the diet drinks out and didnt feel any better).

Do you think seeing a neurologist would be a waste of money / effort?
I have a similar lightheaded feeling.

When I went to see a neurologist, it was suggested that I get MRI and EEG tests done.  Both of these were inconclusive.  My followup appointment is this Thursday, so I am interested to hear what he suggests for me now.

During my last visit the doctor suggested more excersize to me, but it didn't seem to give me any relief.  I am interested in hearing your progress with these symptoms since I am going through the same thing.
Ive been light headed too  , it started after last years (04) hurricanes,  im not sure whats causing it, im not falling all over the place or anything but  I do have that light headed feeling on and off, it comes and goes, the Doc thinks its anxiety
and it could well be, but I cant seem to shake it off  I take Generic Paxil ,it helps a bit  but I still get light headed . strangely, I can relax at home and  while driving and not feel a thing ? but when it happens I get a "weak" feeling in my legs too. im on Diovan BP pills - but have only been on them 4 months.  it usually kicks off when im looking at the PC screen (which I spend all day doing)  I do have reading glasses too but sometimes they hurt my eyes.
Im stumped !
im not in the best shape (6'1-300 lbs)  I have started to excersize now tho.and everytime it happens I usually get a crik in my neck (which the doc also said was stress).
I've had attacks of dizziness while I slept., also in different positions, after visiting a ear specialist, I found out I had positional vertigo. They ran tests on me and even proclaimed I was 95% cured after trying to straighten it out by performing a tast that would reposition by csytals in my inter ear. it didn't work two weeks later it was back and I walk around lightheaded
and afraid of sleeping at night that the dizziness will appear.
I could be just laying on my back and it feels as the dizziness wants to return, it's like it go's to be dizzy and it stops. has anyone had this problem I think it's more than any inner ear problem, ???????
Check this out- it might help?
Meniere's Disease is the term given to the condition having the following four symptoms, after thorough testing has determined no other cause:

Fluctuating (episodic) hearing loss.

Fluctuating (episodic) rotational vertigo (a form of dizziness).

Fluctuating (episodic) tinnitus (a sound heard when there is no sound).

Fluctuating (episodic) aural fullness (a sense of pressure in the middle ear, as if descending in an airplane; however, it is *not* actual pressure in the middle ear).

I dont think its me  but it might help someone
Thank-you but I don't have all the symptoms, just the feeling I'm losing control of my balance and diziness on and off. sleeping at night is worst because I can't position my head any way except straight.
you have the opposite to me,   when Im lying in bed or sitting watching TV im fine.
I wake up fine too, the light headedness starts after about 15 minutes of me getting out of bed.

I have constant ringing in the ears , but then again Ive always had it from as far back as I can remember  even in my teens (Im 48).

I have the dizziness and the lightheadedness during the day also , I can't look up or turn my head to either side without it feeling like I'm losing my balance. No ringing in my ear. I'm 56 years old. It's ready driving me nuts. after christmas I'm going to see if I can get help from a different doctor. sometime I wonder if it isn't the top of my spine.
well check this out went and seen all types of specialists and i hav all symptoms you have but i also have fainting spells wich the last one ended at work and i had a panic attack with it they still cant find anything wrong but they wont give me an mri because they dont think it has anything to do with my head but to get tests done where im at it takes months before you can see someone and what if im in my car or down the stairs iv been fighting with doctors and specialits and no one knows what is wrong with me but even my family doctor is sick of me complaining that she told me to go to the emergency and wait for an mri there. did it and they let me go on account that i seen a specialist for my head and they dont want to step on anyones toes and the second time was it was closed well im sick of not getting any answers arnt you? they just dont know what it is so they will let you go on and erupt my life and they people around me
I too have been expericing lightheaded for 3 years now and no one seems to know why. All tests and brain scan show everything is normal. I'll be going to Ear, Nose, Throat Specialist in the next few weeks. Hopefully, she can determine what is wrong. My worst times are when I wake up. I can only sleep on my right side because of herniated disk in neck and pinched nerve. Doctor thinks I just need more exercise and I am currently taking Alprazolam for anxiety (doctor thinks I my just be under too much stress. Once I take the medication, I'm ok for a while but this medication is also used for ringing in the ear (which I have in my left ear and sometimes humming in my right ear). I can not drive long hours or set for long times at a computer without getting lightheaded.
I just came across this sight.I have been having lightheaded feelings for about 3 yrs. on and off...I hate it. I felt like I was right on the verge recently of having a panic attack because of it.I recently had an mri,eye examination, ekg and I'm waiting for the mri results now. But reading the comments I not holding my breath.I feel like fluerescent lights in stores,computer screens, driving make it worse for me. Ringing in ears.  Its like I'm getting a mild headrush with a balance problem but it last all day ! Its like I smoked a ciggarette too fast but doesn't go away for a few days ?
35 yrs. I'm 5'10 150 lbs.
I don't know exactly why I'm writing other than at least I don't feel like I'm the only person in the world going through this !

It's hard to explain to friends and family,I try to ignore it but days are just too much,it makes me think about death,serious illnesses,etc. and after a couple of years of it wears on me mentally. I thought maybe sinuse but have no clue?

Thank you
Interesting that you think your dizziness stems from the top of your spine. I too am dizzy and lightheaded all day since 2003. I feel sometimes it is the way I sit at my computer and that my neck and shoulder muscles are pinching nerves in the back of my head close to the top of my spoine causing these feelings. and comments?
ive been lightheaded and dizzy for 5 months now and its got to the point were i just stay in all day.sometimes its the spinning feeling other times its the feeling im going to pass out. im very depressed now as i have 2 kids that i cant do nothink with. doc says its just vertigo and anxiety as i do have an anxiety problem and suffer from panic attacks
oh and its worse when i move my head or get up from sitting down even when i get up slowly. anyone have any advice?

p.s great site
Hi all,

I am a 23yr old male from the UK and have been feeling light-headed since Dec 06

Before i started to feel bad, i was a regular at the gym and exercised at least 3times a day. One day i stood up and felt really dizzy. Since that day i have never felt the same.

I have been to see a heart specialist (referred by my doctor) they gave me all sorts of tests but everything come back normal. I was then told to see a neurologist who said he thought i had a inner ear infection and that my anxiety was prolonging the condition. Since the app i have still been feeling bad and have now been referred to an ent (ear,nose,throat) specialist.

It is a constant, everyday sensation of unsteadiness. When i sit @my desk i cant concentrate properly and when i stand for a long time i also feel unbalanced.

Going from being so healthy to feeling like this is really hard. Any suggestions?

Thank you
     I was cutting hair in a barber shop 15 years ago, and suddenly felt like I was going to faint.  I staggered, and had to go sit down.  I've been dizzy off and on ever since.  I had all kinds of tests, and finally went to a neurologist.  After MRI's, EEG's, spinal taps, etc., he told me it was "probable" that I had MS. (Multiple Sclerosis).  As scary as that sounds, it was better than some of the other "options" like brain or eye tumors, or spinal tumors.  ( I also get weird flashing lights in my eyes that make me dizzy.)  Some of you mentioned fatigue, and that is one of my worst symptoms along with the dizziness.  I'm lucky... my MS is not getting worse, and it is NOT a death sentence.  
     It took years to get a diagnosis for me.  Ask your doctor to test you for MS, it can't hurt, and just knowing what's wrong helped me.
I have suffered with the condition for 3years now and in the last 2 years it has escelated i have gone to a few doctors and emergency departments but they cant find anythink wrong with me i had my whole body checked and eyes ears and all the other stuff  . but i still havent found a answere and im sick of feeling like this i used to be active as and now its a effort to go and work a solid day i dont seem to have the energy i used to have  and im only 30 years old.
If someone could help me please send me a email thankyou
***@****
I myself for the past 3 years have been feeling lightheaded.  The only thing that happened to me before feeling lightheaded was strained my neck slightly, felt it pull and suffer with shoulder problems ever since and neck pain.  I also get problems with balance daily, especially when I am standing in the same position or walking too much.  I also had a spider bite 3 years ago and wondering maybe the poison effected my balance.....I have been for mri,ent,eyes doctors and no luck on what my problem is.  One mri they have not done on me is on my neck, I have a feeling I may have a herniated disk or pulled ligament/muscle in the neck which causes me to feel imbalanced.  It does effect my life and daily routines, feel exhausted but like someone said its not life threatening just a pain......does anyone else feel like this.  
I am a 40 y.o female who just started having vertigo/dizzy spells, tiredness, feeling faint/unsteady on my feet and I get vertigo after I sneeze or cough. I'm scared and worried. My blood work comes back tomorrow. I'm also worried; does this affect my sleep? Can some one get dizzy in their sleep?
My dizzy spells started Feb 3rd 08 and are on and off. Some times bad spells, some times no spells at all.
Help!!!
Dizzyness/lightheadedness can also be caused by a low potassium level.  After going to the ER twice for dizzy spells, they did blood tests on me.  My potassium levels were so low they thought the machine was broken.  My magnesium levels were also low.  If you stand up after lying down and you get this dizzy/lightheaded feeling chances are (according to the doctor I saw) that you are low on potassium.  Fatigue is also a symptom of having such low potassium and magnesium levels.  I had absolutely no energy and literally dragged myself out of bed.  I have since switched to one-a-day vitamins.
Still dizzy after 20 days
I lost my balance the other day, I was jogging for the train, and before I knew it, I was down on one knee with the room spinning in circles.. I was so upset by this, I was crying.
My cholesterol is high, I have anemia; but I never had problems before. I'm going to a different doctor for a 2nd opinion.
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
:(
Hello!
Your problem could simply be sleep apnea...have you done any sleep studies? has anyone told you if you snore? If so, this may be the problem...There is a machine called a CPAP that sleep apnea patients wear at night...and it dramatically helps...
I finally got Ears, Eyes, Nose/Throat hospital.They ordered a vertigo tilt test and a hearing test. I go on March 29th.
I have the same problem and was not paying attention to my diet and sleep.  So, I started logging what I ate every day and what time I woke up and went to bed.  It seemed like when I had less than 7 hours of sleep and did not have a healthy breakfast lunch time and until 5PM I felt the world rotating.  It was driving me nuts, now I go to sleep and make sure that I get at least 8 hours along with having a good breakfast and a 30-40 minute walk after getting home from work.

:)
did that work for you?  no more lightheadedness? what other symptoms were you having at the time?

This is so strange to read all these symptoms that are so like mine.  I have experienced lightheadedness since Sept. 07.  I have been tested for all the inner ear stuff and my blood work is fine.  My neurologist believes it's a neck/back issue and that my relief lies in taking muscle relaxants at night in order to "retrain" my muscle to relax and to get the restoative sleep they need.  I've really not experienced the relief that he predicted.  I have two small children and I get up everyday with an attitude that is, "Today's going to be the day it goes away."  I try hard to not step out of the way for it, but there are times where the brain fog and fatigue that accompany it, makes it hard to stay positive.  It doesn't appear to be Chronic Fatigue, or if it is, it's very mild.  I still try to work out and stay active daily and I don't think I could do this if I had CFS.

Has anyone found any answers?

Thanks Molly
I am a 35 year old mother of 4 and a non-smoker who is not overweight.I have been experiencing light-headed spells for almost a year now.  It happened while on a 45 minute trip (after being sick all night).  I thought that it was due to feeling ill.  However, ever since then, I have these spells while driving!  I have 4 young children and worry that sometime I will pass our while driving.  I can't drive for more than 5-10 before feeling this.  It is so frustrating.  It just seems like I am ready to faint.  I experienced this for a few months in 2001.  The dr. discovered that because I was a nursing mother, I wasn't taking in enough calories or eating enough.  After I started eating better, it went away (until 2007). Occassionally, it happens while shopping at the mall, but other than this it is ALWAYS while driving and never at home.  I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and has an answer for me.  
i would suggest that all of you be evaluated for orthostatic hypotension.  this is a drop in blood pressure while standing (or sometimes just sitting upright) that can trigger faintness, dizziness, a rapid heart rate, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), headache, and syncope (fainting).

your doctor would let you lie down for a few minutes, take your BP and pulse, sit up for a few minutes, take you BP and pulse, and then stand for a few minutes and take your BP and pulse.
Yes! I have low blood pressure and it does cause this, The solution my doctor gave me was to increase my salt. I had what they call the tilt table test. My blood pressure dropped dramtically from one position to another. Also another poster talked about sleep apnea and yes that too can cause alot of issues as well. You don't have to be morbidly obese to have that happen.
Best of luck!
Paula
Have been watching your condition on dizziness, i too have been getting dizzy for the last 5 yeats, had vertigo tilt test, seen e n t specialist, had an mri scan, all of these came back normal, was diaognost with benign postinal vertigo by brain specalist in feb 2007, am still getting this really bad, have now been told i have anxiety due to thinking i am dying from something bad ie brain tumor, stupid i know but when you get something in your it is hard to dismiss it. I have resently been to see a eye specialist for gave numerous test all clear, am now on citalopram for the anxiety, also my age of 46  is not helping because anxiey, dizziness- light heaed are all sign of the menopause. Stay positive and dnot worry lol.
Yep, all of you sound like me...what is this an epidemic??? :-)  SOmetimes I wonder if I'm only half joking, there are sooooo many people with theses symptoms who have no diagnosis.  Lightheaded, can't exercise because I get dizzy and faint, which then makes me feel like it's my heart even though all tests came back "normal".  I guess I lean towards the opinion that this is dysautonomia, and am trying to work with a homeoapath.  So far I've seen better progress working with him than the disappointment of a medical system we have here in the US.  But oh well to each his own.  I used to be an avid athlete, and because of this can't exercise, and my fitness is horrible and weight is now a problem.  Sometimes I also think this is MS, but am tired of doctors and trying to let them guess what is going on for thousands of dollars. What a shame...
A week ago, I stood up from my desk to walk to the bathroom and felt like I was on the verge of passing out.  I had to walk very slowly to the bathroom and focus on not passing out, otherwise I would have.  I also had to really concentrate on my way back.  Since that time, I've almost passed out once more (two days ago) and I have this light-headed, off-balance feeling when I walk.  I really have to concentrate on walking sometimes or else I'll fall down.  Some of the symptoms I have are the obvious lightheadedness, dizziness, off-balance feeling, fatigue, shortness of breath (which I have experienced for about 5 years now) and almost fainting.  I went to the doctor two days ago after nearly fainting for a 2nd time and had a blood test done and was connected to an EKG.  The blood test came back normal and the EKG showed a little slower than normal heart rythym, but nothing too concerning popped up.  I will be going to a cardiologist next week to check that out.  I've done a little research of my own and thinking of my symptoms, I believe that I may have anemia (of iron and B-12).  I don't really have the best eating habits, and sometimes I skip meals.  Anemia is something that takes a long time for its symptoms to show, and I believe mine started 5 years ago when I started experiencing shortness of breath all the sudden.  When you are anemic, oxygen is not transporting through your body properly and your heart has to work harder to keep it functioning properly (which can cause heart palpitations or arythmia).  Not enough oxygen gets to your brain causing you to feel dizzy, light headed or to pass out.  Anemia can be difficult to detect on a standard blood test.  I would suggest that you buy iron and B-12 pills (it won't hurt you a bit - even if you aren't anemic), and used them as directed on the package.  This might help - I hope!!

Today, I was feeling especially bad and after taking a couple of iron pills, I do feel  better.  I will wait to see if I continue to feel better on these pills and keep you posted - I'm not a doctor, but sometimes even doctors can't find out what's wrong with you, so why not give it a try.  Like I said, it won't hurt you one bit.
Wow, are we not alone.  I am 29 and have been feeling most of these symptoms myself since the beginning of the year.  I did a test on myself this last week.  I took all caffeine out of my diet and simply ate healthier.  it took a couple days of doing this and drinking a lot of water.  I made sure I ate properly for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  No fast food, no coffee (that one was hard), and no soda.  I ate a lot of fruit and vegetables and got at a minimum of 8 hours of sleep.  

I must say that by the 4th day I was feeling much better with no dizzyness etc...

To test myself further, the last 2 days i have added the coffee, soda, fast food, and lack of sleep back to my routine and everything came raging back.  If you look at the post in this forum we are all in our late 20's to 40.  I know my body isn't as tolerant as it was when I was 18, so I think it's time I start accommodating my age by taking better care of myself.  Hope this helps somebody.
I would try a chiropractor.  Dizziness and feeling lightheaded can be a result of spinal misalignment in your neck, especially the upper cervical vertebrae.  Not all dizziness, lightheaded feeling, vertigo can be taken care of with chiropractic but the majority of you who can't find anything else wrong should consider giving it a try.  Hope this helps.
Nice to see im not alone-Im also light headed on and off.
usually go light headed while looking at PC screen (wearing glasses)or tv-dont need glasses
dont happen while im driving or not thinking about it.
i guess it could be stress but not sure

twice now while looking at pc monitor  I get a fast  rushing feeling go from the back of my head to the front-it lasts a split second- but makes me woozy for a second or two and leaves me with a headache for 3-4 days .
the best way to describe it afterwards is like having a hangover (but i dont drink)

the actual feeling i can liken to jumping in a cold pool and the feeling you get in your head when the cold water goes over your head.

nice to see im not alone
had a cat scan-all ok, have bad ringing in ears  -had it since i was a teen over 30 years  ago.

thanks for the info.  i also have these similar issues. maybe not as severe as some, but i get lightheaded quite a bit now.  it seems to come on at weird times and i cant find what triggers the spells.  I do notice that like Curt said, most people here are getting out of their "bounce back" period of life and thier bodies might not be able to handle the same life style as before.

I've been trying to eat better and exercise more but i'm going to make sure i do it regularly now and see how much it helps.  Eating has always been my downfall.  I'm a sucker for a food.  Although i'm not fat (6'0, 195lbs), i do feel that with what i eat I'm probably not getting the proper nurishment my body needs now.  I'm going to try either a multi-vitamin suplament or the B-12/Iron method.  Although i still need to figure out what the "correct" diet is for me.

Mine all started one day when i came to work.  Just like any other monday, i turned my computer on and within 15 mins. I felt like I was having a panic attack.  My heart rate seemed to spike, i got really light headed and almost passed out.  It scared me pretty bad, but i knew that if i went to a doctor i'd be out a couple thousands of dollars with no real answers. (i've had a lot of experience with docs in the past)  Ever since that day it's off and on but usually happens at least once a day where i get light headed and am not sure how bad it will get or how long it will last.  I thought it was becasue i might be getting sick, seeing as a lot of people around me were getting sick, but the light-headed feeling still hasn't gone away totally.

It's at least comforting knowing that i'm not going insane and that there are other people with the similar problems.

I'll keep all informed.  hopefully changing my diet does the trick.

I'd say a correct diet and excersise program is probably everyone's best bet before paying to be a human guinea pig to the medical society.  I'd much rather get heathly then sucumb to the daily regiment of pharmasudicals pushed by the legal drug dealers.
Hi All,

My plight began on a Saturday night in January of this year.  I was watching a movie with my wife and sipping on a beer.  I got up from the couch walked up stairs and started brushing my teeth.  I recall feeling strange and tried to shake it off.  I barely made it to bedroom and went to my knees.  I really couldn't describe the feeling except that I thought I was dying.  I felt my heart race and I began sweating profusely.  Just as my wife was preparing to call 911 I told her it was getting better and we waited.  After about an hour of deep breathing I was able to relax myself enough to fall asleep.
I haven’t felt like myself since that night.  I experience constant ringing in my ears, and lightheadedness. Every time I attempt to watch a movie with my wife I feel anxious and my heart races, I become short of breath and feel like I am going to faint.  (Weird fact:  I can watch TV just not a movie) I know it sounds weird but I think it may have to do with concentration of some sort. Although it seemed to be getting better this summer it has now seemed to have reared it ugly head again.  Just thinking about it and writing about it makes me feel "on the edge"' Anyhow, I have good days and bad days and could go on forever on all the strange symptoms this has caused.  
I have been to my primary care physician, an ENT, and a Neurologist.  I have had several blood tests, an EEG, an ENG, and MRI, and several other test all showing nothing.  At first we tried anti-vert which didn't really change my lightheadness but it did make the nauseasness subside and helped me sleep.  We then tried a drug for anxiety but that actually triggered my second fainting episode.  I really thought I was dying this time but again it subsided.  I even did 8 rounds of acupuncture and thought I was getting better but it still hasn't gone away.
I am 33yrs old 6'2" and weigh 230lbs.  I am a bit overweight but have been a swimmer my entire life, very active and lifted weights quite regularly.  This "thing" that I have had for almost 10 months now has completely changed me and has almost driven me mad at times.  The only time I feel better is after I drink 4 or 5 beers.  When drinking I literally feel 100 percent better.  I can actually feel my self change dramatically after having a few drinks. I know this isn't a very good long term solution and I am willing to try just about anything to get my self back to normal.  I have alwys been very positive entergetic and up beat but this has really changed my entire outlook on life.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
report back #1:

after i learned that the human body has a harder time getting by with a bad diet as it gets older it started to make a lot of sense to me of what is probably going wrong.  I never ate in the morning right away and would get by until lunch on snacks and garbage.  Then dinner would be a hit and miss routine; sometimes cooking a nice well balanced dinner, sometimes making hamburger helper (its not so good for you).  Also I didn't take any dietary supplements and i rarely exercised for real.  I'm still pretty active, I just dont exercise much.  Maybe two or three times a month.

Well I started taking a regiment of multi-vitamins that contain the whole b-complex and iron.  the first couple days it didn't seem like much had changed but by the end of the first week i'm almost completely free of lightheadedness.  It's GREAT!  I've also started on a new diet and I'm eating a bowl of cerel and a bananna each morning.  I think it's working.  I'm going ot keep it up for the month and then stop taking the vitamins to see if it returns.  I still need to get into a better work out routine.  But it's all about baby steps.  

I'm not suggesting to take the symptoms lightly and neglect getting an examination.  But I seem to know my body well I had a feeling it wasn't something that had to do with a heart problem. So I didn't want to go thru the expensive tests if I didn't have to.

I'll report in again in a couple weeks.

I wish all luck.
kahnsk8----Wondering how your new diet and vitamin supplements have helped in the long run?

Sadly I have been experiencing dizziness issues for close to 8 years and noone has any clue.  Like everyone else, according to the doctors, I am in perfect shape and actually better shape than majority of the patients the see on a daily basis.

I have seen roughly 20 doctors, including 5 at Mayo Clinic, 1 got rid of my headaches, noone else has done anything.  Be careful with the docs that say its anxiety and give you drugs, I listened to one of the first docs, took some anti anxiety and was thrown into a year long battle with depression from the drug he gave me (which I still have slight episodes of)

My dizziness comes and goes, some days are good, some just plain suck.  Ive kept log files, tried different diets, removed salt, caffeiene, tobacco and every other "bad" thing from my diet at one time or another, and none have resolved the issue completely.  My head constantly feels pressurized, just ever so lightly and there is a consistent light headed-ness going on.  I have had very loud ringing in my ears, sometimes it gets loud enough I hear nothing else in the ear, but those only last for seconds then are followed up by sudden dizziness, then back to light headed, all within 10 seconds.  I have been training in front of groups of 20+ people during one of these episodes and giving lexctures/presentations when they have hit and noone ever seems to notice anything and I continue on.

I do motorocycle and other "normal" activities as I figure I will not let this beast control my world, and quite frankly, I drove 1300 miles on the cycle and I never once felt dizzy or light headed while moving, as soon as I stop and get off, its instant dizziness.  

I know it's hard and today I had my worst break down, the last 2 weeks have been horrible and for once, it actually feels like it wont go away, that its here to stay for now.  But keep your head up, and stay positive, things can only get better from here :)
I am reading this post for the first time. Interesting to see it goes back three years with no real answer.  
I have been light headed for about a month now and have some tingling in my hands and feet too.  This morning I nearly passed out while driving. That was the first time that ever happened. Needless to say, I am a bit concerned.
Like many of you I have ringing in my ears, which I have had for  years. Sometimes it changes in pitch for a few seconds and it does seem to be getting louder over the years.  I have been worrying lately because of loss of work in my business, losing sleep too.  After reading all the posts it seems like anxiety and loss of sleep has a lot to do with it.  
I'm an avid cyclist in the spring, summer and fall but the past couple of months I have been pretty inactive, except for shoveling snow.  
My diet consists of a couple of cups of coffee a day, no soda, minimal breakfast, usually left-overs for lunch and a healthy dinner, no vitamins, a couple of glasses of wine at night in front of the TV.
I just had a check up and there are no red flags in blood pressure, heart beat, EKG, weight. Waiting back on the blood work.  Sounds like a waste of time for MRIs, etc.
I guess I will at least start taking vitamins, reduce the coffee and exercise more.  
Wow.. I'm having most of these same issues. I'm 32 and my dizzy/lightheaded seems to come and go, but it is slowly getting worse. I really get dizzy when I turn my head all they way to one side. I haven't tried it but I think I would eventually faint if I left my head turned. The same thing happens when I'm driving, which scares me the most.

I had unusually high BP, which is now under control but I am on meds for it. I'm not overweight and 32. I shouldn't be on meds! And of course nothing has changed even with the normal BP.

Just went to a sleep study and will get the results this week. I'm hoping that will shed some light on the problem.
The diet I started and stuck with for about 6 weeks was working pretty well.  While it didn't get rid of the dizziness completely, it made it much more tollerable.  I was eating a bowl of cereal with a bannana each morning.  A normal lunch of leftovers or a sandwich, and a nice dinner (most nights).  I was doing much better but then the holidays got a hold of me and I fell out of the routine.  I also started taking the supplements and have continued to take them.  It seems that the supplements help but not as much as correcting my diet.  Now that the new year is well on it's way, I'm getting back into a healthy routine.  I was exercising regularly and have fallen out of that as well.  I'm slowly getting back into the routine of eating right and exercising again.  I haven't been able to get my breakfast routine down and that is what seemed to help the most.  Thats funny Yablo2, nobody at work seems to notice when I have a dizzy spell in the middle of conducting a meeting either.  I always worry they will.  The main thing that concerns me is when I'm in a meeting and these happen it messes with my vision.  It makes me feel like I'm starting to loose it, but I can manage to keep going.  Also one thing I noticed is that when i started to feel these dizzy spells, I would focus on my breathing, which definitely made them more tollerable.  So I started Yoga.  I've only been to one class but I felt better after that one day.  My mom has been on me for a couple years now to start yoga because of work.  Since I'm an engineer, most of my time is spent sitting behind this lovely computer.  After the first year I had been working I started to notice problems with my back.  It's mainly due to that I don't move around most of the day like I used to.  So yoga is one way to keep myself from "locking up".  Hopefully I see some positive results with my back and the dizziness.  In anyway, it can't be negative.  

I'll check back later.  Good luck all.
After suffering from constant dizziness for nearly a year now I have just been diagnosed with an inner ear problem. It took seeing many diffferent doctors, 2 Neurologists and a Neuro-otologist to finally get an answer.

I had a test done where they pumped water into my ear to make me dizzy and monitored my eye movements, from this they found there was a difference in my eye/brain response for each ear. Maybe mention this to your doctor and see if they can send you for a similar test?
So what are they doing for your inner ear problem and does it have a name so maybe I can ask my doctor to test for it.
I have been diagnosed with Meniere's Disease back in 2008.
I don't have the real spinning head, it's more like a sea sick
feeling.  My head is foggy, i have a hard time to think and
concentrate when I feel like this.  Sometimes I question
if it really is a problem with my inner ear.
Anyways, today i went for a walk, about 3 or 4 miles. I figure
I should start exercising.  But after about a mile i began
to feel lightheaded. I didn't feel well, so i just came home and took a shower and rested.

As I look back, I know that in October 2007, i experience a whiplash type incident
when my car transmission malfunctioned that sent my head foward and back. I was
disoriented when that happen. Later that week my neck was sore and then the pain went away.
However, a few weeks later I began to feel weird.  I felt kinda woozie...from then on I just wasn't
myself.  There are some months when i feel normal and other months i feel not so good.

My next thing I'll do i to see a chiropracter. I know I have pinch nerves..i took the nerve test and they
said i have pinched nerves.

At least I know I'm not alone..all you guys hang in there!!!  This really hampers your life..i'm afraid
to do a lot of things...i love to go swimming..but there are some days i can't feel the water..i dont
have any balance. there are some days when i can swim a mile and other days i can bareful do
25 yards..so i just tread water to get some exercise..this really makes me depressed...i donno
who will show up each day....

God bless you all!

Darin
Hey all, same stuff here but I see in these threads alot of similiar stuff. We are all mostly late 20 to 40;s have stressfull jobs and some of us are avid gym rats. I'm all of the above, could it be stress and anxiety after all these testa and theories. I too cut off caffeine , energy drinks (which I was using to cope withe the stress of my job) had the spacey head feeling for a week before my vacation. Got off work and went on a cruise for 5 days got back home still had 3 days to burn doing things around the house and all and never s symptom! FIRST day back at work by mid morning it all came crashing back at me! And so it's been for a month now. The ENT said the same ****, a inner ear inflamation (inflammation) or infection which I cannot buy into. I'm passed the panic because I have no other symptoms of a tumor but we ALL think that and I had a ct 2 years back for massive head pressure (where my anxiety began) and it was clean.
I know we don't wanna hear it but what our brain creates we can stop, For you people saying that cutting out coffee cured it it really is a placebo for your brain and that is fine if it works, we need to find a way to calm down and stop thinking about it. That is why most of you like me, say that it is not noticeable when we are home...our comfort zone. It does not bother me when I drive, I feel great because we are focusing on driving not looking for our balance issues.
I know it ***** but to the panic'ers (and I use to be a bad one) you are ok. A brain tumor has intense pain headaches, vision problems, weird smells, spinning when standing still not like us, bleeding, limbs that dontrespond. Statistically we all could not have this so put your minds at ease and take time from work and see how it plays out . To a place where you have no cares of tomorrow and your not worried about cleaning your house you can be a slob at a hotel on the beach and I almost promise you a much better feeling.
I pray you all feel back to normal...we are ALL TOO young in our lives to have this mess.
im 20. good weight. awesome life. female. i passed out sep 08 and ever since i woke up i have been light headed 24/7!! docs say im the healthiest 20 yr old they ever seen! i learned to deal with it and its getting worse!! any advice??!!  i want my life back and i cant do anything without passing out!! everything has been been thoroughly checked. i just found out i have a huge cist on my ovary? does anyone think that could be a problem or am i just going nuts? any advice?? thanks
I don't mean to disappoint any light-headed who is just starting but I've had this for more than 4 years now and it's not going away and no possible cause was ever found by doctors. And I've been through all the tests you can imagine... brain CT (twice), EEG, water-in-the-ear test (caloric stimulation) , EKG, X-rays of neck and spine, blood tests by the dozens... they checked the blood vessels in my neck to see if they carry enough blood to my brain. Everything was either normal or something so minor that it can't be the cause.
Tried psychotherapy, homeopathy, herbal stuff, anti-depressant (stopped taking it because side effects were horrible). Tried exercising, losing weight, gaining weight, church, praying :) I feel I tried everything there is. I even moved house, partly to see if a change in circumstances would make any difference.

Result: there have been months that were better, e.g. when I was jogging 5k every single day, or at times when I was absorbed in an exciting activity. But it never totally goes away, and keeps coming back pretty bad.

Funny how the way it started is similar to some of your cases: it just happened out of the blue, one minute I was fine and in the next I had this, and have been having it ever since. I put it down to stress at the time, but I changed my stressful lifestyle hoping it would be a cure and it wasn't really. Just somewhat better, than back again.

The most straightforward answer I got from a therapist, who, after taking everything into account said: I have no idea what is causing this.
Well, that's that, I guess
I'm 60 and have felt lightheaded off and on for many years. I figure if it was serious I would've died by now. One thing I will try is an endocrine check. We could all be suffering from Adrenal fatigue and not know it. Basically your adrenal gland, situated above your kidney doesn't produce enough adrenalin and other hormones to keep you going. Common symptoms are lightheadedness when standing, irritability, bad memory, low blood pressure and more.. One thing to avoid is caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes or any other artificial stimulant. I'm giving it a go and we'll see what happens!
Do let us know the results of the check.
I've been reading about adrenal fatigue lately as well. It would explain why doctors can't find the cause of our problem - it's somehow not serious enough for them. Even though the symptoms are certainly serious for anyone who wants to have vitality and energy to live a balanced life, rather than drag herself through the days and years.

I've decided, instead of going to the 168th doctor to again find nothing, to start a lifestyle recommended for recovering from adrenal fatigue and stress. This will take a while I guess - I've had this lightheadedness for over 4 years now. But giving in to it is not an option. I still remember how I used to be before it started and would love to have my health back the way it was then.  
I think the saddest part is remembering how we used to feel. It's amazing how abruptly this can all start and your whole life can change. I got dizzy/light headed while driving a few years back (nearly passed out on the freeway... Scary!) and have been feeling light headed and just not right ever since. I have had all the blood tests, seen ent, had mri, ct, and so on. Everything always comes back normal, but I feel anything but normal. I just wish I could feel the way I used to. My doctor says, aren't you glad to hear everything came back normal? I guess ordinarily that would be considered good news, but not to me. I want to hear that there is something, so that I can finally fix the problem and get back to my life. I know there is something off, it's just a matter of finding out what. Well, that's my rant. I hope you all have better luck than I have in diagnosing this. I'll keep looking for answers though. I can't give up yet.
Im 18 years old and i had my first anxiety attack this winter, and after that i have been lightheaded/dizzy, tired and always having headaches,also ringing in my ears everyday... i am taking 20mil of citalopram for my anxiety for seven months and i cant stand feeling this way everyday, its horrible and im only 18...all my tests have came out normal from the doctors...what could be wrong with me??how can i fix this?
Kudos to you, Zackattak.  I agree.

I have been "suffering" from these SAME symptoms for almost three years now.  The first mistake I made, although I didn't know it at the time, was getting on Klonopin - a benzodiazepine.  Benzodiazepines are EXTREMELY addictive!  The body gets use to these rather fast, so you need more.  You start on .5 mg once a day.  Then .5 mg twice a day, every eight hours, as needed, and so on...  I am now taking myself off of it slowly.  Slowly being the key word.

Benzodiazepines, like alcohol, work on the GABA or gamma aminobutyric acid in the nervous system.  It acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter, mostly effecting the sympathetic nervous system, which controls our "fight or flight" response.  This is also known as anxiety or panic attacks.

I am a software engineerl got married three ago; have two kids now; moved to a new state; and changed jobs three times in a year and a half.  A lot of life changing events, if you will.  So, yes... anxiety was certainly there.

With age, typically, comes more responsability.  If you're married and have kids, stack that on top of everything as well.  It's a real doozy!

I too have cut out all caffeine and most sugar.  That has helped tremendously!  But I think that's a no-brainer.

So, back to what, Zackattak had mentioned... I agree.  We control it.  I mean, come on... we (including myself) although looking for answers, are up late at night fueling the worry, yet land on a site like this.  I mean... look at the times these posts have taken place.  Seriously....

One of our downfalls I think is being self-absorbed,  I think whether we realize it or not, we're all gulty of it to some degree.  But it is when we are concerned and serve others where we get to experience true joy and love.  When you're doing that, what's to worry about - dizzy or not?

Cheers and God Bless,

Dan
I just came upon this forum and would like to add to it.  I have a feeling of lightheadedness, accompanied with eye movements.  It is as if I can feel my eyes move, at one point I could hear my eyes move, it was like an electric zap in my head that would give a strange sensation all over, there is a throbbing feeling each time I move or roll my eyes.  It makes me feel tired and unfocused.  This has been rather erratic for me.  The first time I think I noticed it was about a year ago.  I have since had an MRI and a vertigo test from ENT.  Both are normal.  I went without any symptoms for a few months and now over the past week or so I am feeling like **** again.  I can not quit figure this thing out.  It is very frustrating not feeling good or normal.  Anyone out there who can relate or contribute???  THX   Jenn In The Fog
Most likely a "normal" anxiety symptom.
Check out the list of possible symptoms here: http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml
These can be really frightening but it's not really a physical illness. Has to do with how the body reacts to anxiety and chronic stress.  Tough to get rid of, too.
my names phil,and like you all have been suffering with dizzyness for the past 4 years,also my brother suffers from it.we both have had mri scans and lots of other tests,as im sure some of you are aware ,once your doctor has tried everthing ,they dont wont to know anymore,family and friends get bored of hearing about it ,and tell u to get on with it.         But of course they dont relise how hard every day can be,but so long as we have this site to talk to each other ,we know we dont have to suffer alone.    hope 1 of us figures it out, good luck
Iv constantly got the feeling of light headedness, happens all the time so i dont like to walk far or drive far, my vision goes all weird, i feel weakness and like im swaying, it gets worse if im driving at night (oncoming lights startle me) or in shops with floursescent lights or sometimes when i sit and stand. An attack can bring on headaches and nausea and tiredness, i seem to be constantly yawning. Doc told me yesterday my blood pressure was fine and i could have vertigo and gave me stemital, also that i could be anxious (i am because of this horrible thing im going through)and to have my eyes tested too! Its a vicious circle, hope these tabs do somethin over the next 2wks too or im demanding to see a neuroligist. Sometimes i think im crackin up with the whole thing, that its all in my head.
A related discussion, why do i get light headed was started.
I would love to know what happened to the thread creator with regards to the diagnosis /treatment and remedy.
ive had all the same symtoms (symptoms) and all the same tests and it is driving me crackers,my girlfriend thinks im mad and my doctor think im having anxiety attacks(i will if i carry on feeling this way)i just dont know what else to do.
I've been feeling extremely lightheaded for almost a year now.  Had all of the tests done, CT scan, MRI, Bloodwork, ECG and EKG, they found a benign tumor......my worst fear...but at least its benign.  Been to see a neurosurgeon who says the tumor is not related to any of my symptoms.  So now I live each day knowing I have a tumor, knowing its growing and knowing at some point I will have to either have surgery or radiation (my only options)  Doctors now say I have anxiety disorder.  How do you not have anxiety knowing your worst fear has come true? All meds make me feel worse so I only take them for a few days and then stop because they are BRUTAL!!!  Anyone know of any meds without side effects?
About 10 years ago I began suffering from lightheadedness and felt like I was going to pass out.  After a number of years going to doc etc.. I was diagnosed with neurocardiogenic syncope.  I took a 'tilt-table' test and passed out.  Cause seems to be neuro-receptors in heart that give improper pulse to brain.  Normal function pumps more blood to brain when standing but with neurocardiogenic syncope it is just the opposite.  I compensate by avoiding caffeine, being hot for long periods of time and have limited my running.  This has helped over time.  I hope this helps someone.  Initially, I thought I was losing my mind.  
I too am in the same boat. I have had lightheadedness almost everyday for the past year. I have been to the doctor several times, and like all of you they have had no conclusive answers. I've had numerous tests- blood work, CT scan, EKG, and the best answer they have is that I have anxiety. I was put on an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medication for 6 months and didn't see any change. I'm fed up going to the doctor, and getting no where, so I have just been trying to live with it; though some days are worse that others. I get very frustrated that no one seems to know what is causing this, and I know my family is tired of hearing me complain.  I'm a female in late 20's, not overweight, and I eat healthy. Any tips?
Best of luck to everyone else with these feeleings...
I am a 57 year old female and I have news for those of you who share my symptoms: light headed, anxiety, nervousness, fatigue, weakness, tremors, weight loss, brain fog, hair thinning, itchy ears, ear aches, digestion problems, constipation, infrequent bowel movements, abdominal pains, insomnia, allergies, blurry vision in one eye, body odor, fibromyalgia, skin problems and cold feet.  I have been to a dozen or so doctors in the past 2 years.  I have had all the usual tests of CT scans, MRI, multiple blood draws, endoscopy, colonoscopy, multiple blood draws and so on and nothing is apparent. Until now.  I found out today that I have been diagnosed with an amoeba parasite.  After doing my online research about parasites, I see that all of my symptoms fit this diagnosis.  I also had vertigo last month and even though I can't associate this with the parasite, I believe it is related. I have been advised to have colonics every other week for 90 days (which will be about 6 colonics) to clean out and heal the colon and to take some natural products for the 90 days.  Apparently parasites can live for many years in your body.  It is important to get diagnosed and treated properly. There are many different kinds of parasites and different treatments. I will begin my treatment tomorrow.  I can't wait to start feeling better and get my life back.  I wish all of you the best and hope you can find wellness in short order.
i also am lightheaded,,there are alot of post to look at....but what everyone needs is someone to post that they were cured...all these other post just make us all  stressed out more.....someone please post something we can all use.....thank you    
I posted comments April 14, 2010.  I began treatment for parasites 3 weeks ago.  I have to say that I am making some wonderful progress. My lightheadedness is 75% better.  I am on a 90 day program to clean out the parasites (amoeba) and epstein barr virus (chronic fatigue).  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Ask you doctor to test you for parasites.  It is saving my life.  If you get a negative result, see a naturopathic doctor to help you.  I got my my help from an independent nutritionist, who referred me to a person who does colonics.  After hearing my symptoms, she suggested a test for parasites (hair sample) and it came back positive for amoeba and epostein barr virus.  I confirmed these results as follows:  My dentist did a parasite evaluation on my mouth and confirmed the amobea. My doctor did a blood draw and confirmed the epstein  barr virus.  Your doctor may want to do stool samples to look for parasites, but they are very difficult to find in stool.  My brain fog is lifting, as well as the tremors and nervousness. Very best of health to all.
To my fellow "SPACEHEADS" (Thanks Zackattack), I have some news for those of us who suffer from the head ringing associated with light headedness. I came across a video about a study being done which works on the premise that the ringing is NOT in the ears, but rather is in the BRAIN and does not necessarily affect the hearing. The patient that is in this sounds a lot like us, about having good days and bad days. Could it be possible that the part of the brain that is causing the ringing could also be connected to this light headed feeling?

Please watch the video link for yourself. It may give you some hope.

http://www.webmd.com/video/tinnitus-study

chgobuzz
Hello , my name is Rodney and im a 32 year old male living in Winston-Salem ,North Carolina . I have had a crazy as hell past 2 years. September of 2008 i went to eat with some friends ( crab dip ) + ( 2 beers ) ... Then we went up the street to a dance club where the night i had 6 beers and 4 yager bombs .... went to bed around 3 a.m. got up around 9 a.m.   Im 6'4 210 lbs. felt a little funny but no biggie . Later that day was walking through house and then "bam" a sudden feeling of black out , had to lay down , freaked out , not knowing .... went on for 10 mins. got up walking uneasy cause "the **** was scary" didnt want to happen again ... ( was i wrong ) ... flashing off and on like this for 2 days ... went to ER where they did their EKG , vitals , said your all good , nothing wrong with you ... i said yes there is damnit i feel it . Well sir maybe its just stress ... lmao .. whatever !! Anyways got up and left , i must have went 6 times in one week to the ER over this feeling ... ( bastards ) im sure they just dont care ... so I have done all there is to do ... EKG , CT scan , x-ray , ENT , ALLERGIES , nothing nothing nothing ... Im so tired of hearing NOTHING .... My family Doc. says its all in my head and its all stress ... i say look here ******* ... the only stress in my life is this damn feeling going on IN MY HEAD !!!! So i say this right now as i read all these posts on here .... WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR PEOPLE .... YOU MEAN TO TELL ME ALL OF US HAVE THIS GOING ON AND THE ******* DOCS. DONT HAVE A CLUE ....  ???? i want answers and im sure you do to ... please help in some way to find an answer .... P.S. SORRY FOR SUCH ADDITUDE BUT THIS ILLNESS REALY GETS THE BEST OF ME SOMETIMES AND I JUST DONT KNOW ANY MORE !!!
HI EVERYONE!
Could anyone's symptoms be related to low blood pressure or low blood sugar?
Do any of you go without food for more than 3-4 hours, and eat very little?
Im about 5'10" weigh 230ish.  I used to be a hell of an athlete. I ran constantly, never got winded, pushed my self to no end with no problem(not telling you this to brag).  Then, I had my first panic attack when i was around 21. Never experienced anything like a panic attack before in my life.  From that point on i couldnt do anything physical without getting an attack.  After about 5 or 6 years the attacks stopped. No medication, nothing. But before they stopped, I had to quit playing slow pitch softball, because when i would stand at my position on the field i would start getting slightly dizzy and lightheaded.  When I tried to lose weight and go for a brisk 45 minute walk I would get cold, slightly dizzy, and light headed. I had many tests done and i check out just fine with the exception of high cholesterol now. im 34 and my cholesterol is 257.  I want to excercise more but im a little afraid of that feeling. I have no idea what to do
I am a 48-year-old female with all the same symptoms everyone here is talking about.  However, I am particularly interested in Didi57's comments.  Because I also have all the digestive issues with this (I have ulcerative colitis but am in remission).  I have an appt with my doc this Thursday and will bring this up.  I'm not sure I have a blockage as I am not cyanotic in my fingernails or toenails.  There is color in my face.  *sigh*  I am having all the same frustrations as ROD32 above.  THEY ALSO TELL ME IT'S ANXIETY AND STRESS!  Hello...I just quite my job and am having a sabbatical for the summer.  I am okie-dokie in that department.  I will follow up with all after my doc apptointment on Thursday.  Thanks everyone for sharing their stories.  These symptoms are quite frustrating!
It's hard to believe there are so many of us walking around in a fog and the medical professionals are basically clueless. So many of us have similar stories that its truly unbelievable that our doctors are still scratching their heads. I like the parasite blog though. Makes sense. I'll have the VA check me out next week.

God Bless Us and Help us all.
Try the Chiro.....I've been suffering from lightedheadness, nausea, fatigue, headaches, ringing ears and fullness / pressure in my head, shooting pains in around my eyes and the list goes on....It came on all of a sudden and I had it for 2 months (not as long as some of you I know).  I saw my share of GP's and they all admit they didn't know and scribbled on their perscription pad as they do with everything from anti-inflammatories, dizzy pills, VitB and the list goes on.  I eventually surfed the net for 5 hours straight and only when I entered "concussion symtoms (symptoms) 1 year later" did I come acorss various sites for cervical misalignment (neck) it was amazing the number of people that had all these same symptoms and had found relief with anything between 1-2 sessions with a chiro. If you have ever had a head/back/neck injury, whiplash in a car accident, a fall, etc this can be the effect, even coming a number of years later.   Unfortunatley for me I am in Australia and there are not many upper cerival specialists (UCCA in the US) here and as such I am seeing a normal chiro, but I have to say it's helped.  The first session saw the pressure dissappear from my head within seconds, within 3 sessions I had 2 weeks of no symtoms (symptoms) abeit a little lightheaded if I turned quickly. The other day I was playing with my nieces and fell on my side...my lower back was aching and I had pain in my neck...surprise, surprise all my symptoms came back. Off to the chiro I went and with a crack...back to normal.  If the doctors can't give you an answer, give this ago....most of my family / friends were sceptical when I said I think I was on the right track with this, but I am so glad I gave it a go...........Given what your living with on a day to day basis, anything is worth a shot!!!!
My symptoms are feeling lightheaded and having to burp,it seems as if I get all my burps out I'm less lightheaded...why is this..? I'm thinking I need my blood drawn...
I'm amazed to find so many people with similar symptoms and no one has got over it fully.

I'm a 30 year old male and my symptoms started after returning from a tour in Afghanistan (British soldier). I started to get the light headedness fairly often and find it more difficult to concentrate. My short term memory is almost non existent sometimes also. I've always been pretty intelligent and rely heavily on my mental capacity but I often feel like my mind is foggy. I have to tell people that my brain hasn't woken up yet when I make mistakes.

Originally my symptoms only really occurred in the mornings. I have breakfast every morning and it'd start shortly after and last until around lunch time. For the last couple of weeks it's been lasting pretty much all day.

I was originally convinced that it was caused by my diet as I have always been very sensitive to my food intake. For example sugar will give me a rush and caffeine keeps me awake longer than it seems to do with others.

I finally went to see the doctor a few weeks ago and have had blood tests which were all normal bar one, slightly low haemoglobin, but a week later it was fine again and the symptoms were unchanged. I've had an MRI scan which was normal. He's suggested anti-depressants but I wasn't keen on trying them. I've now been referred to a neurologist and am awaiting an appointment.

Didi57's comments about parasites has obviously given me food for thought, especially having been to Afghanistan of course. I'm going to get that checked out ASAP.

I'm generally pretty relaxed and my life is pretty good right now so the whole anxiety thing doesn't fit.

This is starting to get to me more and more and I don't want it to control my life. I hope we can find a solution.

Leon
I agree with you about the chiro!  I see a upper cervical chiro at least once a month.  I always know when I'm out of alignment because I get all lightheaded.  But I think there is more to it, because I do also notice I get lightheaded more towards the end of the day.  I'm guessing it's because I have not eaten much or had much to drink during the day.  I have seen many doctors and my blood tests always comes back normal.  I have a lot of fear so I guess that stresses me out sometimes.  I just want an answer because I am sick of being lightheaded all the time.  I'm afraid to let go and drink alcohol because why get drunk when I feel drunk all the time anyhow!  My symptoms are generally at night, which drives me crazy because how do I fix it?  I take iron and vit B's so what more to keep me awake???  sorry for the rambling but it's night time and I'm all confused and have a foggy brain!
RAchel, don't get me wrong, you may be going through a psychic awakening.
Same dizziness and light headed sensations as you all mentioned for about a year now. Turns out after a MRI, MRA, Bone body scan, and ultrasound of carotid arteries, my left coratid is 100% clogged and the right 80% clogged. Had surgery 1 week ago on right side and STILL have the same symptoms. After having read all your comments, I'm beginning to believe it's all in our heads! My wife suggested I try an allergy pill (Zyrtec)... Any luck, I'll let ya know.
I have read every post and I sympathize with you all. I have been having lightheadedness and feeling like I am about to pass out or faint on and off for 6 months but it has been constant for the past 3 weeks. I don't have true dizziness or vertigo but some times I get that feeling you get when you step off one of those conveyor belts in the airport and feel like your still going forward but you are not. Like many of you I had lots of tests, EKG, Cardiac stress test, Halter monitor ( a portable 24 hour EKG), blood work, MRI brain, all of which were normal. I am 45, male, non-smoker, exercise fairly regularly by hiking, playing tennis, biking. I started having panic attacks when I was 25, which subsided but I suffer bouts of anxiety from time to time. I have noticed that anxiety is a common thread in a fair amount of these posts. I am a practicing medical doctor and it's very frustrating that I can't figure this out! I checked merck medicus dxplain, put in all my symptoms and keep coming up with anxiety as the main diagnosis (think you have to be a physician to use that site). I am going to my doctor in 2 days for this because it's driving me nuts. I'm going to try to kick caffeine which will be difficult, and go back to practicing yoga regularly and will let you all know what happens.
I have had these symptoms for 8 years now. I have been to every dr you can think of and noone knows anything. To the point they think I am crazy. So I am now taking this in my own hands I will find a doctor that will listen to me. And figure out something, Even If I am crazy and its all in my head WELL FIX IT. So I have found a nuro that seems to know alot about these symptoms and he has asked me to research " Silent Migraine" and I have and it seems like alot of us has those symptons. SO I will be trying the treatment for this and see where it gets me. OH HOW NICE it would be if a Pill can fix this. Will talk to this dr more about this tommorrow.
I have the same symptoms as most...check this out:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/153312-overview

Hope this helps someone...
google serotonin levels. i have high anxiety with panic and agraphobia and this is what my doctor told me. i have low serotonin and gave me lexapro but since i have a phobia of medicine i havent tried it yet.
I have this vague light headedness also. Not dizziness. it comes on mostly when I am sitting hunched forward to my computer on a low table in front of me as I sit on the couch. I also have a recent frozen shoulder (upper arm pain) onset and some neck stiffness. I believe that all three may be related in some way, with possibly a neck issue as the root cause. I am fairly fit and had a recent full medical before this problem which showed no other issues.
I drink 2 cups of filtered coffee in the morning so I am a little suspicious about that, and also salt level/blood pressure since I don't add any salt and use fresh food virtually all the time - a change in diet from most of my former life.
apart from that, I have had a sedentary and boring existence since I got laid off 5 months ago but have finally got a new job so no correlation with anxiety that I can pinpoint.
Hello. My name is Brenna. I'm from Canada, British Columbia.I read every single one of these posts last night. I have been feeling light headed for the last year. A constant buzzy feeling in my head. Not spinning per say but and almost feeling of that. I have a hard time concentrating, a feeling of anxiety of not knowing what this is. A feeling that I don't want to go out and do anything, tired,sometimes nauses. I came across these blogs trying to find answers and walked away last night feeling defeated because no one had answers only problems.I THINK I HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER FOR MY PROBLEM TODAY. Has anyone herd of CANDIDA.This is the natural yeast that exists in our bodies. We are born with a certain level of natural yeast in our bodies but there are sevrel things we may come across in our lives eg: use of antibiotics,subjecting our selves to toxins,chlorinated water,birth controle,STRESS and so many others that can cause this natural yeast to get out of control. If this yeast (CANDIDA) grows to much it can cause so many thing s to go wrong with our entire bodies including DIZZYNESS<LIGHTHEADEDNESS,nausia,depression,feeling tired all the time,stomach aces,bowel problems, severe pms in women,sinus problems,ear problems,skin problems and the list goes on and on and on. There are hundreds of web sights to look up and they all say the same things.Unfortunaltly doctores do not see this as a huge concern in our medical systems yet.It is defenetly more of a problem that is highly respected in the naturopath,homiopath,chinese doctor professions but I beg everyone on this blog to do some reaserch on this because I feel it is very important to everyone. Doctors can do tests for it but you might have to kick and scream to get that attention. Doctors do tests for candida but only for people that have sevear desises such as hiv,cancers, lukimias,lupus,ect.So if you paying the doctores big bucks to help you make them get the information YOU want not what they want for you.This candida problem can be cured through a special diet involving NO SUGAR ( so important)This includes breads and anything that turns to sugar aswell as eating the right whole foods eg vegetalbles, and all around super healthy foods. The diet is boring but you will get used to it and its worth not having the symptoms we go through. Excersise is also important even if its just a simple walk one a day and ther are other things aswell. I'm telling you just do the reserch and its exciting what you will find out about this candida.I am almost certain this is what i have been going through and I can not stress enough that I know a huge percent of you are going through this in some shape or form as well. It is more commen then any of you think it is and at the same time a very simple answer to a long standing question we have all been asking our selves. Why do we feel this way?Please be proactive and reaserch CANDIDA.I will keep up on my progress.I have made sevrel appointments for the next week including naturalpth and regular doctor. Stay positive guys its not over yet.
Like Brenna, I too read all the comments in one sitting.  I am amazed at how many people have similar symtoms (symptoms) to mine.  Let me share my story and if anyone has any insight/suggestion, please fire away - it will be most appreciated.

I had some dizziness and fatigue problems about 8 months ago.  I also had some shortness of breath issues.  I am a big man, but always in shape.  I was walking 4 miles every day and lifting weights, plus on a Lean Cuisine Diet and had lost 30 pounds.  The diet was a result of being diagnosed with high blood pressure - but not a bad case - in fact, after losing the 30 pounds my Doctor said I could discontinue the meds.

But with the symptoms he sent me to see a kidney specialist and my kidneys were functioning at 60% so they figured that was the problem.  We worked hard to stablizie that and I think we have.  

We then moved to Texas and I was walking my 4 miles and going to the gym 3 times a week - and continuing to diet (though I was cheating a bit more by now).  Anyway - I don't smoke, don't drink and am in shape.  But the symptoms continued.   One night they became so bad I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to the emergency and they said I was fine, but just in case, referred me to a heart specialist.  

I spent all day going through tests with him and he found 70% blockage in an artery - he saw the same EKG test the hospitral doctors saw and knew immediately there was a problem.  Go figure right - guess that is why it is still known as a practice.

Okay - so I have the angioplasy and get a stent and the Doctor says "you are good to go - no heart damage, no more blockage - take it easy a week and you can get back to a normal life - here take this Plavix eveyday".

Well, guess what - I feel stronger again - but the symptoms are all still there and I am as dizzy as ever - and my shortness of breath has returned as well.  The last 10 days I  have changed my diet - it is low fat, all fruit and begetables and fish.  I drink tons of water and yet the symptoms continue.

I am ready to give up - I just cannot stay couped up and feeling badly.  Has anyone had similar symptoms (including the shortness of breath) and found a cure?  Much, much thanks.
I've had all the same symptoms as you and everyone else.  But one of the first things I noticed was that caffeine made me feel worse so I switched to decaf
I'm a 59 yr. old female with symptoms that have the doctors baffled...or they just don't care...I've been lightheaded for the past year and  have tingling in my toes, fingers (both sides) and tongue (off and on). I also have developed a problem with articulation...sometimes I speak perfectly fine and other times, I struggle and mispronounce words...how embarassing! The lightheadedness is driving me crazy! I just want to feel like myself again. In the past, and occasionaly, I've had chest pain, too. I've had 2 stress echos on my heart, MRI on the brain, and all kind of blood tests to rule out stuff which is basically what medical science is about...ruling out what you don't have!...but they can clone a sheep and other animals!!!!!

Over the past 6 months it doesn't appeared to have gotten worse but no better, either. I was scared to death I had Lou Gerig's disease but the neurologist I saw twice doesn't seem to think so since I'm too strong. When I saw him recently I spoke perfecticly fine! Go figure! He thinks I have anxiety/depression but I'm not buying it...he prescribed me an anitdepressant but I'm reluctant to take it especially becasue I like to have a glass or two of wine at night....anyway thanks for "listening"...maybe we're being taken over by aliens!
Just reading all your posts it seems all the symptoms people are exhibiting can be those with with an inner ear. Inner ear can cause dizziness, brain fog, vertigo spells, light headedness, wozziness, feeling imbalanced, fatigue, anxiety, panic attacks, headaches and unfocused eyes. There are different forms of inner problems ranging from labrynthistis, Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo and menieres diesease . Usually your GP can refer you to an ENT specialist or if that doesn't conclude anything request to go to a neurotologist (a doctor who specialises in dizzyness). Both these specialist will do a barrage of tests to diagnose if it is inner ear related and also request for an MRI to rule out any other neurological problems, alongside a Full blood examination including Thyroid and B12. One thing people should try not to is focus too much on it that it becomes your focus.  Just press on and find a good specialist :) Hope this helps
dizziness can be caused by a number of factors, buti findfor mostppl its viral,bacterial,fungal or hormonal. Adrenal fatigue can be a major cause as well...i would suggest going to www.naturopathic.org and finding an alternative or integrative doc as most reg mds will not havea clue aboutthis..
blessing
m
my gf left me for another guy  and i was heart broke
it all started when i changed my  diet around to  a healthy  1 with 5 serves of veg and meat  no coffee or  fizzy drinks just water (4 Ls a day ) and  exercising my body each and every day
2 weeks later i noticed a lump left lower ab next to the belly button
drs said dw about it its nothing
another dr said its no hernia or ceptic ulcer
few days later i dislocated my shoulder while cooking  food so i had an empty stomach
they gave me morphine and madaslem in a iv  for putting it back in
but that night  i woke up noticing my finger were numb  then woke up again with a fluttering in my chest... and a dizzyness like .... i was gonna die or have a heart attack
the dr said theres nothing to worry about  just nerves  and the meds
another dr said   it should of been out of ur system by now and no way its nerves
the other dr who tested my reflexes said noway not nerves
i got my blood tests back and they said i gotto get more tests cause my  b 12 is odd and folate acid  also for some reason my red cels r enlarged
im so scared
the feeling in my head is like this numbness... i feel forgetful sometimes also i feel my  body  vibrate  oddly.... my heart races alot  and the drs think im crazy
in the mornings im fine til i start moving around abit then it kicks in
only 1 side of my head nowhere else
i stoped workingout this is day 13
my aunty said its just nerves cause it happaned when she did her neck but passes over 3 weeks
i have bleed from the nose alot and spewed 2 times  when i was first very dizzy but that stage has  faded
i also got this odd feeling in my eye and  ear sometimes...
my sister whos a nurse wont answer my texts back i doubt she cares
im scared to tell my parents incase its cancer or something worse
right side of my head has this numbness sometimes my eye and ear feels weird  i feel confused  alot
i look right and it feels like somethingss wrong
the numbnessis on the top right side just above my ear  
i sometimes feel dizzy also if im light headed only on that 1 side
showers help alot  
laying down helps kinda
usely in the mornings when i wake up i feel kinda normal til i start  walking around and i can feel my heart beat and body  vibrate  
can any1 help me ?can any1 help me ? or give updates ?
im doing experiments and also  getting loads of tests done  
i do have ways to relieve it i must say  but this dizziness makes me have loads of theorys ....
the drs think im nuts when i know for a fact  this isnt depression  maybe stress... adds abit ... and anxiety  but its something else... something else thats making me want to scream
You can refer to my post above to see how I suffered - many of you seem to have the same symptoms.  Mine went on for almost 13 months - finally a nurse practioner thought I had bronchitis (and I did) and gave me antibiotics.  My dizziness is gone, gone, gone.  I am sure this is not the remedy for everyone, but I will be some of you have an inner ear or bronchial infection that is causing your fatigue, lack of focus and dizziness.  Hope this helps.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Never give up.  I've been fighting this for sometime now.  Have you had any neck, back, or head injuries?
I am a 29 year old female, with three kids.  Have had numerous health issues such as: hepatitus (hepatitis) (food kind got it from Mc Donalds as a kid). I also suffer from very severe panic attacks, anxiety, and depression, lightheaded, extreme fatigue. In January of 2011 I had my first dizzy spell. I was at work laying under a car and when I got up I felt like it was a newly painted picture that someone had just ran their fingers through. That was the first time I went to the ER.  A week later it happened again and sent me to the ER again. They told me it was Vertigo. Then again so did my doctor. I then thought I would see a different doctor who told me that it was positional vertigo. I still didnt believe them, so I continued to call and bug my doctor with messages, until I got him to send me to and ENT. The ENT(Ear Nose n Throat) doctor said that I have low blood pressure which cause my lightheadeness and fatique and extreme grouchy problem. Lately the issues started happening more frequently to the point where Iam am stuck on the couch laying down for a good eight hours a day. I know Im suffering with something but my little ones are getting the worst of it.I cant get off the couch Im completely drained of any and all energy. So now my doctor is going to send me to a Cardiologist where I will have a tilt test done. He more or less thinks Im crazy in the head shoves me out of his office after making jokes with the resident doctors that our there about what I do for a living( Install tires). So with me not being happy with him and all other Sutter doctors tomorrow I will be taking a trip to UC Davis medical center and wrote a list of all my problems down and possible issues. If I come up with any answers I would love to give feed back for anyone who is suffering with this illess that is being over looked. I want my life back and I know all of you do too.
Thoughts and prayers for everyone in our wellness.
I went to a new doctor today and had some promising  information, not good but atleast I would know whats causing everything.  To add in from last entry Im not a smoker  or a drinker, I have a very physical job, Im not over weight.  The new doctor stated that with all the systems I explained, such as: Lightheadedness, dizzy, faint feeling, fatigue and I have extreme hunger that it could be... that your pancreas is pumping out to much insolin because of a very small tumor that has grown inside. To find out results on that you go to a Endocronoligst for answers. Or he said Hypo glycemic attacks both are worth checking if your symptoms are still pretty severe.
Did you ever find out what was making you lightheadedness?  I have the same symtoms (symptoms). fine when I wake up and starts comimg on as the day goes on no matter what I eat or drink.  I've had all the tests and have seen all the specialists. Any help would be appreciated.  Rv
I have exactly the same as you. I was sitting in front of my computer at work and suddenly felt like I was going to faint. Spent an hour in the first aid room (embarassing considering I was also a trained first aider!) went back to my desk and still felt faint. That was 4 years ago. I've had every test in those 4 years and nothing is wrong. I'd convinced myself I had a brain tumour but the MRI was clear. I had to give up work as I was getting panic attacks just walking into the building. I get good days and bad days. I cant drive long distances as I feel wobbly and disconected and then start to have an anxeity attack which just makes the situation worse.I have just accepted a new job working part time as I'm determined not to let this thing beat me. It would be very easy just to lock myself away in the house but at the end of the day, there's nothing seriously wrong with me. I have an inner ear imbalance which had led to me having anxeity attacks. It's the anxeity problem that needs to be sorted and I plan on seeing a Cognitive Behavioural specialist to get htese stupid thoughts out of my head.
Good luck and I hope you find some peace :0)
Been going through these same symptoms.  But just remember God is a healer, and he also gives you the answers you need.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!     HALLELUJAH!!
Been having the same symptoms.  But I know that God is a healer, and also send you down the path you need to go for answers.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!
Just wanted to post. Have now had the dizzies for 4 months. Frustrating to say the least. Left ear ringing. Slight fullness in the same ear. light headed worse some days better others. Feels like I'm buzzed. Makes me withdraw for everything I enjoy. Saw the ENT at the Michigan Ear Institute. He gave me Prednisone. No luck. Went back for  Caloric test. They blew hot and cold air in my ears and watched my eyes with some special computerized video goggles. Asked me questions. I passed all normal. Doctor says I most likely have Meniere's Syndrome. This is usually the diagnosis they give when all other tests are negative. No real test for Meniere's they say. Trial and error. "Endolymphatic Hydrops" I believe is the clinical term. I keep digging for the cause to all this. Looking into alternative medicine for answers as well. My best to all.
This is stange I saw on here that quite a few people have problems at the top of thier spine. For almost 6 years I had it so bad it feels like I have to concentrate just to hold my head up straight on my neck. Same with my legs.  They go really weak and I've actually passed out many times. I have to watch every step I make because I feel completely out of balance. This led to anxiety attacks because I never knew when I waould pass out and now it's flat out Agoraphobia and I barely leave my house. I won't drive because I'm afraid I'd pass out and hit someone. My symptoms start as soon as I get up and go all day I so dizzy I feel like I have to lock my legs to stand. I'm on ativan which does help but I'd like a cure instead.I hope all of you find some relief. Have a good day.
I am trying a new Brain Based Therapy (BBT) regime. I will let you all know if I get any relief from the light headed feeling, the ringing in my ears, the feelings of fainting, the instability, etc. There were a few key words that I found when I was investigating it. Check out this presentation given by a doctor who has been going down the BBT path:

http://www.slideshare.net/cking553/Revised-BBT-Dinner-Talk

We all seem to have the same thing, yet no doctor as yet has satisfactorily answered what the problem is. My advice to you all is to NOT give into the anxiety, do NOT give up hope and remember to keep living your life as if nothing was wrong! Good luck to us all!
I too have read everyone's post looking for answers to my balance/light-headed issues. The feeling I have is similar to the instability that comes with spending a week on a cruise-liner or perhaps early stages of inebriation (though I don't drink). I'm not dizzy, but I do feel unstable when standing or walking, and sometimes even sitting. While my symptoms have baffled the medical professionals, I continue to search for answers.

My story and symptoms began over a year ago after I had emergency bypass open-heart surgery. I exited the hospital with some hearing loss, and a slight unbalance in my step (which at the time I attributed to my surgery. However, similar symptoms common to many of you have persisted, and I know that something else is going on. I have changed my diet (lost 30 lbs.), am exercising daily (walking about 2 miles), and I officiate several sports and am able to perform my duties, though slightly hindered by the uncomfortable feeling of sensing that I could fall (though I know I won't).

The ENT has ruled out inner ear problems and my GP does not believe that an MRI will reveal any answers, though he himself is perplexed by what is causing my problem. Other doctors have speculated that I had a slight stroke when my heart problem was discovered but nothing conclusive has been found. One post shared a slight problem with slurred speech. Since I speak for a living, I have noticed this from time to time, though it has not been pronounced or detected by others and is not a daily problem.

I am able to drive and can perform daily functions but my body is telling me that something is clearly wrong. I've appreciated reading your stories and find myself equally frustrated that answers can't be found. I will look into Candida and the parasite issue to see where this might lead and I pray we can all find a solution to our sudden change in life that has altered our health. The more we share our experiences perhaps, together, we might find help.
Well I began by reading the first message posted, and now it looks as if I am one of many. I came here looking for answers and seemed to find nothing more than a ton of more questions. I am a 32 yr old male, overweight, high blood pressure, quit smoking, slowing the drinking, out of whack liver count, but experiencing light headedness (as I type), can't focus with my eyes, can't seem to sit still, always uncomfortable, fatigue easily, and a few other symptoms. No idea what is going on with me. I guess I will keep looking for answers. Carry on.
So, did the lifestyle change work out ? how is your dizzyness now ?
So, after reading through these posts, where everyone is experiencing similar symptoms (as i am) : and where a lot of you claimed to be starting various diets, vitamin supplements or other regimes : but has anything worked ?

has anyone successfully shaken it off since their posts here ? and if so, of course, what worked ?

Im an active 31, male, 6'2, 220 pounds, smoker, casual drinker.
I never drink coffee, but if i drink even a redbull i get a headspin and various anxiety type symptoms so i dont touch any caffeine at all.
If i have even small amounts of alcohol i will feel dizzy and hungover for days.
My energy levels feel very low, even so i drag myself into doing things anyway but sometimes its painful.
I just started feeling lightheaded and fatigued about 8 months ago; at first I thought it was too much research on the computer at work.  It seems to be worse in the morning and now it happens throughout the day.  My 40 year old daughter is a surgical tech, she called me one day when I was researching my symptoms and said, "Mom those are the exact symptoms I was having, lightheadedness, off balanced, and fatigued all the time.  Thinking if I could just lay down and sleep a couple of hours I'd be fine..."  Well she went to the doctor and they found a pea size tumor on her petuitary gland now she takes medication and no longer has the symptoms.  I'll be seeing the doctor soon and will ask them to check my petuitary gland.  For those who haven't gotten any results from their doctors this may be an option to check.
I am the same, i've been having this symptoms since i was very young age at 15, now im 21. i'm not everweight,im physically healthy inside outside, the only problem doctors cant find any problem with you is because you have a LOW BLOOD PRESSURE.

try eating salt and red meat (lamb), but not too much. before getting up, try shaking your legs. if you are on floor sitting, trying exercising your palms and hands, pump the blood. sit for 10 seconds in the morning when you wake up.

low blood pressure are usually the opposite of high blood pressure, what a high blood pressure person should not eat or do is what a low blood pressure person should eat or do.

avoid standing in a crowd, avoid not eating salty food for 2-3 days, avoid standing up immediately.

you should go to the gym, have a light exercise. and believe me it works for me. and just past 2 months i have been so busy and was not able to go to the gym and since that, i have been having light headed and today's the worst, i even feel it even though im laying in bed or relaxing on sofa.

Good luck and I hope you feel better. well you all feel better :)

Shirley
I just experienced terrible lightheadiness just after the following:
-woke up late
-had small breakfast
-went for a walk, got a bit sweaty
-had a shower, all feeling fine
-realised i got my period and got pain in my stomach and legs
-then i took 2 panadols for pain and some fruit bars and juice
-after this i felt so bad, i wanted to faint, and had some ringing in ears
-now lying in bed, feeling a bit better, still cant walk properly

I think the cause is a mix of things for me and us all really.
-i had most of the symptoms mentioned in above posts, some whiplash too a year ago, fell as though my head is unstable, or i feell weak holding it on..
-also had iron low and anemia in past, few other minor health issues too

my conclusion is some virus/parasite/bacteria. But all those are only due to a low immune system. I was living perfectly great 2 years ago, and all of sudden i had unexplainable shortness of breath-due to anemia found out later. Now, I feel soo weak since then and beleive its due to a sedentary lifestyle, weather changes -australia and world.

oh i went to so many docs/specialists, er... all they found was acid reflux.

the best we can do is ignore the doctors, as we survived whatever happened before, so now we must go back to state where we were perfecty fine, e.g living our life! and getting more sun too!!! i got low vitD for a while..

goodluck to all, i sort of gave up on doctors, as all they keep saying is anxiety, but for my case it's a mix of not exercising enough as i used to, not eating regularly and fully as i used too, as well as not going out as much as i used too due to not much time. wow, what energy i had then.

oh, also, could be low blood pressure, lots of causes for that, but air, sun, food, and walking should help, my guess..

just try and go back to the life you lead before, incorporate it somehow to this boring 40hr work week... and eat well (b12,iron,vitc, d, etc.) colour your plate, no sweets too. i heard that we also possess lots of toxins in us. but if our immune system is strong where we are perfectly content with our lives, and not think about our health, then no virus/bacteria or parasite can get through. i think that's how we all were before, now our body just gave up, as we gave up on it without realising and ourself too. (if that makes any sense;)  

all the best, and keep us updated all, thanks! ana

PS-this could be some brain inflammation too due to so many new viruses arising, that's why u gotta keep ur immune system strong!!! but dont overdose and mix too many vitamins.
just keep focusing on something else and hope it passes, I already feel much better now that i just shared this with you :D GOODLUCK!
You are going to think I am crazy but the absolute best advice I can give anyone, and I do give this advice daily...read Suzanne Somers' book, "Ageless, the Naked Truth about Bioidenticle Hormones". That book will change your life. From reading all the posts here I would recommend you start with Chapter 25. Read that one first then go back and start at the beginning. The biggest problem with the medical establishment in America is that it is completely funded and run by the pharmaceutical companies. Even the doctors as they go through medical school are not taught how to find the cause of our pain or disease, they are taught which prescriptions to write to eliminate which symptoms. Symptoms are not the disease, they are merely indicators of the disease or condition. Read this book for starters and you WILL go from there to research and seek out a doctor that will take the time to get your hormones balanced and you will not have to feel like hell on a daily basis. If you do this I promise you, you will wish you had only known sooner.
I posted back in Dec 2009 and I came here today to see how the thread had progressed some 2 years later.  

My symptoms have gone, but it took from November 2009 till June 6th 2010.  I have a very large file on what treatment I had and kept a log of each day, I spent thousands of $$ on analysis and in summary this is my treatment and findings.

Analysis:  Ear Specialists over 6mth period
Findings:  Nothing

Analysis:  Balance Tilt test
Findings:  possible benign positional vertigo

Analysis:  Diabetes test / glucose tolerance
Findings:  Nothing

Analysis: MRI
Findings: Nothing

Analysis: CRT Headscan
Findings: Fluid around temporal bone in ear

Analysis: CRT Headscan of temporal bone
Findings: Fluid gone
______________________

I had exhausted the medical industry with no real probabl cause, so I turned to a natural path that specialises in iridology.

Analysis:  Thermal Camera Imaging of entire body
Findings:  Inflammation around the gut (parasites), hypo tension around thyroid, adrenal glands through the roof!

Analysis:  Urine, saliva test
Findings:  Parasites - Epstein–Barr virus (EBV) and amoeba

Analysis:  Adrenal glands
Findings:  Very high, immune system peaking

Conclusion: Epstein–Barr virus (EBV)  

I had glandular fever back in 1999, this was the viral form of the EBV virus.  The remedy for this was the most popular, yet potent parasite control methods we have and to be honest is the only one that can reach out and kill so many parasites.  It is called....Intestaclear by orthoplex, I was also administered S.F.M which is a thyroid and adrenal support  supplement.  It is interesting how someone else on this page also said it was EBV for them too.

Good luck people - there is ALWAYS an answer!
I'm 18years old and for about 9months now I have been feeling light headed and having hot flushes. It happened afew months after my ex broke up with me so I'm not sure if it could do with stress or something? Sometimes I feel like I have to catch my breath and my hands start to sweat but they feel cold. I feel very unstable at times and my mouth goes dry. I've been to the hospital afew times and I've had blood tests and they said everything is fine. Having these symptoms have stopped me doing things I enjoy because I always feel light headed and I'm afraid of fainting. Its really brining me down and I just want to know what's wrong with me. It happens all the time. It could be in college, laying in bed, on the bus, walking etc. Please can someone help me!! Xxx
I had every single one of these symtoms (symptoms), the extreme nausea, dizziness, being lightt head, and so wear my hole body would shake like a leaf, it gave me so much anxiety I seriously thought I was gonna have to be institutionalized. So 1 morning I was sitting there on the phone with a loved one, crrying and begging them to take me to the hospital, and since I had been crying I had tooken my glasses off to rub my eyes, well it was only 15 mins after that, having the glasses off, and I noticed I was feeling completely better, hell I would not only say I felt better I was feeling great. So there it was for 5 months I had all of these symtoms (symptoms), the docs had done god only knows how many tests on me to figure out what was going on, and the whole time it was my glasses. Turns out that my slightly warped frames were the cause of it all!                               I know u r probably sitting back thinkin no way, but I ask how many of u guys with this problem wear glasses?? The eyes are a powerfull sense, and with the wrong rx on glasses, glasses being warped, on the lens's being off axis, can explain all of these symptoms
I have had all the above problems.
I have had on off panick attacks since I was 16 (am now 27) which had got better then last christmas I had the worse panick attack ever. After that things in my body started to change hand tremors, heat intolerence and then I did the wrong thing and turned to Brandy to keep me calm. I have also had thyroid problems which can also cause my symptoms but for some reason it didnt matter what people told me i thought i had something more serious. My stepdad was disgnosed with cancer back in march and thats when the feeling lightheaded/off balance started. I got worse and worse so I would drink to stop feeling lightheaded!! I just goes to prove that it was all in my head. I was sure I had a brain tumor. I have sinus problems which can also give you a feeling of off balance. After blood tests that all came back normal I had to start to realise there was nothing wrong. My doctor wouldnt even do further tests because he knew this was all in my head. I was then diagnosed with General Aniexty Disorder which basically ment I am anxious all day long and Somatization disorder which is a psychiatric condition in which the sufferer experiences multiple physical symptoms that are not explained by disease. So the long and short of it was I was making myself feel like it.

I am (fingers crossed) just coming out of the other side of it all now. I have started sleeping againI still have bad days with the lightheadness, feeling weak, numbness but I just tried to ride it out now. I have stopped smoking, drinking brandy and drinking coffee at the hope this may help me back to normal. I cant talk about illness and I find if I do then I start to get worse again, I have avoided tv shows just to get myself back on track.

I decided to post this because today was a bad day for me....all the symptoms were present until I wrote this post. So it just goes to show its all in my head.

Stay strong and be at peace knowing there are people out there suffering exactly the same way. Remember the mind can do some strange and nasty things to you if you choose to let it

xxxxxx
God i am so happy other people suffer with this. I am 20 from Manchester UK and ive been convinced i'm having some form of heart attack through these dizzy spells for the last week. Switched to some one a day vitamins yesterday and started sleeping better , if it continues i will then ;roceed to the docs office. Thanks for everyones comments im nearly in tears with happiness i am not alone
I had similar symptoms for a couple of weeks, and getting stressed out about it was probably making it worse. It turned out that my iron levels were low. A simple iron supplement made a huge difference (as well as not having to stress about it). The symptoms pretty disappeared in a few days by taking the iron supplement.
On June 12th, 2011, I was taking a bath on a lazy Saturday.  When I went to stand up, my vision started to go black.  I nearly passed out.  I had to sit down.  Each time I stood, my periphrial vision would start to go black.  I made it to my bed, laid there for awhile.  When I was getting dressed, I became nauv
I don't know what happened above... anyway... I called some friends that I was suppose to meet for dinner.  They came to me.  I had to use the wall or furniture to move around my apartment.  I didn't know it but I was slurring my words.  A friend ended up babysitting me the rest of the weekend.  I seemed to get better at the end of the day.  On Monday, I got up and thought I was okay.  I wasn't.  Unfortunately, I did not realize this until I was half way to work.  I worked for about an hour and a half.  I couldn't concentrate, had difficulty finding words / brain fog, couldn't seem to catch my breath and was dizzy... light headed.  I ended up going to the E.R.  My blood pressure was 89 over 34 with a heart rate of 44.  They admitted me.  After MRI's, CAT Scans, Echos, heart monitoring and endless blood tests, I was let go.  My blood pressure increased to 89 over 45/50.  I went to my primary that Friday.  

I couldn't work because I was so dizzy, light headed and unable to concentrate.  I was incredibly frustrated but determined to find a cause and treatment.  

After seeing specialists of specialists and eventually spending six weeks at the Mayo Clinic Dec 2010 to Jan 2011, I was told that I was inbetween diagnosises at this time.

I have anemia, borderline orthrostatic hypotension, a moderate to severely enlarged right ventricle and mild to moderately enlarged, endometriosis, low vitamin D levels (and I live in Florida), light headedness and fatigue.

In the past month or two, I am now experiencing a "dizzy jolt."  I do not know if vertigo is the correct name for it.  All I know is, if I move my eyes (open or closed) during the episodes right to left suddenly, I get a quick jolt of dizziness........ it is similiar to spinning around as a chid and suddenly stopping.. I do not have the equalibrium part... just the initial jolt.  This new symptom is debiliating.

I went to a new doctor a few months ago, he took one look at me and said you are just depressed... and gave me an Rx for antidepressants.  I was angry and tired.  I took them.  They did not help my symptoms.  I will not lie, I am depressed.  My depression is caused by my symptoms, not the other way around.    I am not sure anyone could go through a year and a half of this and not get down about it.

I need answers.  I lost my apartment.  My friend moved me in with her.  I ran out of MLA for work, they waited until I came back from the Mayo Clinic before deciding what to do, which meant I still had insurance.  I love that company for standing by me.  The Mayo Clinic said, eat right, slowly excercize, sleep right and slowly go back to work.  By the time I was back to 6 hour days, I was slurring my words, light headed and unable to function in a work envirnment.  They offered to keep me at part time, but I would lose my insurance.  I stayed on part time.

This spring I started college, planning on trying to work a job that paid more, so that if I work part time, I can still support myself.  I was unable to work and go to school physically.

With the new vertigo symptom, I am having difficulty with my classes.  I am scared.  I moved in with my folks.  They were wonderful in welcoming me.  

I am 42 years old.  I want to be a productive part of society.  I went to a clinic a few weeks after the dizzy jolts started, in case it was a sinus infection.  I recieved an Rx for a Z pack = antibiotic, motion sickness med (?) and flonaze nazal spray.

I only seem to beat the dizzy jolts if I take sudafed... I wake up dizzy and sometimes have a hard time falling to sleep because my natural eye movement will make me dizzy.

I do not have insurance.  I do not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid because I do not have a diagnosis.  I cannot afford the insurance that covers pre-existing conditions and trying to see if I can get into a doctor through the county.  There is one problem with that though... they do not provide lab testing or MRI's or any kind of test.  They only help if you get a bad cold and need antibiotics.

What do I do?  I feel like I am in a rock and a hard place.  Help.
I'm fifteen and I get light headed when I get up after sitting for a while , I get ringing in my ears and I do have dizziness sometimes when I walk, I help in the garage and I noticE sometimes when I sit or lay a certain way my whole body starts to shake and it freaks me out . I get sharp sudden pains in my head but they don't last very long and I noticed a bump on the back of my head in between those two things that your neck attach to . I sometimes feel like I'm going to be sick when I get to warm . And I have nightmares when I'm to hot. After I finish running my mouth waters from my bottom teeth and they hurt. Any one know if it's serious?
I just cant believe how many of us is out there! I blacked out in Dec 2010 and twice since,since then have had the light headedness, dizziness, shaking but not shaking, headaches, foggy brain, hot and cold feeling, I have had every test mentioned by a lot of you, have one more to go with a tropica desease speicalist to check if malaria caused all these. If there are so many of us, why have they not discovered the cause?
I too used to get very lightheaded all of the time. I also became a little gassy at that point so after having all the tests possible done with no results, I started to realize that it was some how connected to eating. It never seemed to be consistent with anything specific I ate, just eating in general sparked my lightheadedness. I went to a GI doctor and tried many different medications and tests, all without results.

Then I started taking probiotics... I'm now taking a raw form three times a day and I seriously started feeling better within three days. I wont say that I'm cured, I still dont always feel good in stores with florescent lights or if I'm in a hot room, but I really recommend everyone to try them. I know it seems like an easy fix, but please try them. Seriously they've changed my life.
How did you know you had MS? what test did they do?

D
Hello there. I'm 25 year old male. I've had the same problem for more than two years now and all I can say is that it gives tremendous misery and discomfort. And at the same time I burp a lot when I get the episode. I feel dizzy as if Im gonna fall over. All the med exams done are normal and doctors are not able to help which adds to the discomfort. I cannot balance myself whilst walking and feel shaky. I've been watching watever I eat, yet doesn't help. May God help us all Ameen.
Hello, I am torn between being sorry that so many of us feel this way and feeling relief in knowing I'm not alone.

For me I have never had any health issues in my life and I am now 37.  I have been overweight all of my life, however.  

In October 2011 I began eating a predominately vegan diet.  During the next few months I lost about 60 pounds.  However on Christmas eve 2011 my bp went up and my pulse went up and I got a dizzy spell.  First time in my life for any of that.  It scared me so bad I went ot he ER.  They did an EKG, Heart monitor and some bloodwork.  Everything came back clear and normal.  They told me to follow up with a regular doctor.

So I did and she ordered more bloodwork Liver, kidney, heart and thyroid was all normal.  Cholesterol panel was excellent.  So she said it was probably just anxiety and gave me Cymbalta to take daily and ativan to take if I felt the bp go up (she said it was a panic attack)  so a few days after being on the cymbalta, I had a severe "panic attack" my pulse was racing and I had this weird sensation radiating from the center of my chest and out across my shoulders.  

I went back to the ER and had another EKG and a Chest X-ray.   Both of which were clear and good.  

I went back to a different doctor who agreed with the first one that it was anxiety/panic attacks.  I then took myself off the Cymbalta sinc eall of this happened in a weeks time.  I also made an appointment with a friend's doctor but it was a couple weeks away.

While waiting for the appointment I never had another "panic attack" so I attribute that to stopping the Cymbalta.  However a few days prior to my appointment I did start having slight dizziness/lightheaded feeling.  

She thought it might be an inner ear infection and gave me amoxacillian.  the dizziness has gotten progressively worse since then (February 18th)  I also have this weird sensation across the top of my left arm/shoulder area.  Its not exactly pain tho.  

I should also mention that she thought I might have an ulcer and gave me a med for that which has helped the weird sensation in my esophogus  and stomach.  But I still feel this tightness at the top of my stomach like under my left rib cage.  But it has only been two weeks and she said it may take 6-8 to heal that.  

I'm just really concerned about the dizziness.  I don't have insurance and I am also without a job so nobody is too anxious to run a bunch of tests when they don't know if they will be paid or not.  

I see these tv doctors and they all seem to care so much and work so hard to figure out what the problem is.  I wish it were like that in real life.  I have only had this problem a short time and already my friends are sick of hearing it.  I had one friend basically yell at me yesterday for not taking the anxiety/panic meds.  Its so hard to explain to someone who hasn't been thru it what its like to go from never having had a medical issue to suddenly having one and not knowing whats wrong, and not feeling like anyone cares to find out.  I wish the US had universal healthcare.  I don't have another appointment until March 17th so I guess I just have to wait and see and pray its nothing serious until then.  Those of you who have the support of friends and family are so blessed.  At least you aren't going thru this alone.  
Nat79.
My wife is experiencing the same thing. When she tilts her head or bends over, she gets dizzy / lightheaded for a few seconds to make her lose her balance.  Also, when driviing at night, the oncoming headlights hurts her eyes and causes some dizziness.
She had the abnormal ENG test. Just did MRI, shows a malformation of a blood vessel in her brain.  This part scares me.  WE are now trying to get into the specialist.  Are you still having issues with your dizziness?
HI. I know this is an old post, but hoping you still monitor it through email.  My wife is having the same issues.  Are you still having issues? If not, can you please let me know how it was corrected or what  they found?
Kerryuk.  Are you still experiencing these issues?  I'm looking for ideas for my wife who is experiencing the same thing.  When she stands up or leans over is when she gets about 20 seconds of dizziness..  It's been 5 weeks now.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
There is an insect borne disease called Bartonella (caused by b.henselae).  It has always been considered mild and transmitted by cat scratch. However, in the last 10 years, it has become more common as a tick or insect borne disease that is often worse than mild.  It can cause anxiety in someone who has never had anxiety before.  It has been also known to cause a rash, usually striated or little red bumps like cherry angiomas, and sore soles of your feet, especially in the morning.  I tested positive on a blood test for it, but the only symptoms I had were low vitamin D and anxiety.  I've been taking rifampin and then levaquin for a total of 3 months and the anxiety is now gone. Unfortunately, a lot of people with Bartonella test negative because there are so many strains out there and they only test for a few.
Hello im a 25 yr old male less then a month away from being 26. I've had anxiety,panic attacks and depression for 7 yrs. I know what panic attacks feels like(i am having a heart attack,palpatations,both cold and hot sweats,i am going crazy,some people do faint,loss of breath or hard time breathing,dizzyness,vertigo,feeling of impending doom or death,tingling sensation,and head ache and sure there are more. Every one does not have all the symptoms some may have few others a lot. Like all conditions people have different situations and react different to different meds) and i feel lightheaded also feeling of memory loss,dizziness,lightheaded to the point where i drop to the floor to escape fainting(or what it feels like),can't concentrate. this has been happening for a month now. With all the meds i am on there a possibility it only a side affect from meds. They lowered some of my my meds but that didn't help. One thing that they told me was I've been on the same meds for the past 4 years so it was highly unlikely that was the cause. So what did my doctor say he dosn't know(some help). I made an appointment for my regular doctor (not my psychiatrist) well all i can do is wait. I hope the symptoms of panic attacks help because sometimes like most mental health issues most people won't admit it (not calling any one out) or just don't know it till it hits them in the face. How ever reading the following comments most of you seem well although it hard to say I am not a doctor don't seem to have a panic attack but maybe anxiety
well ive been reading all your coments with intrest.. first how many of us have cats!! well im up stairs now on my computer.. now my light headedness has gone..better. like a rest bite. its when im down stairs watching tv!!! when the gas fires on.. have we enough air flow in the living room!! or a slite gas leak!! also i beleave acid reflux can make you feel tired.. even make you voice go rough.. than make you feel breathless.. remember air passes though your voice box and if slightly open you voice flaps?  inflamed though acid reflux  its like losing air out of your lungs in turn out of your blood stream.. and in turn losing oxigen out of your blood.. giving you lightheadedness..and tiredness.. after all i feel the same as many on here.. i had my voice tested last month and was told this.. and looking back i dont get tired or breathless walking for ages or miles.. just when i talk i get breathless and light headed like ive lost all the air out of my lungs.... hope that helps
I am 29 years also and I've been having light head and feeling off balance, this is  5 years. I have been to a normal doctor and was recommended to a specialist, i went to the specialist they ran all sort of test and they were normal. The last test was to monitor my heart and that was normal. The only problem they found were low blood pressure which was 89/63. I am 5.3 and 130lbs . I took the medication which was Florinef 0.1mg for a year and a half and got so fed up because of the side effects and it worked off and on. After i have stopped the side effects gradually went away and i felt better except my head and body, i am so frustrated of going through this feeling everyday, sometimes i get so scared because i have to try to be really focus to not walk in front of a car or bus. At times i cant think straight because it does be so intense and it gets to the point were i have to cry, i mean it is really not a good feeling, but i am glad to see that they are other options i can try like eating right and drinking plenty of water . I will also include exercising in my routine. Hoping for the best. Jane
Omg I'm going crazy!! I'm an instructor and I get so dizzy when moving my head left and right.....this is driving me crazy!! I'm 33 and it has been getting progressively worse!! I feel it when I'm sitting standing and walking! I have panic and anxiety disorder. This is not a result of but instead it seems to cause them...I can't live my life like this! It happens when I drive as well! What is wrong with me? I feel like I'm going crazy! Somebody help!! I feel like screaming!! I'm so scared and frustrated....I'm a grown man and I feel like crying all the time because I don't know what's wrong....I'm having a hard time working day to day and I don't want to lose my job! I just want to be normal!! Someone please help me!

***@****
Hey there, I really feel your fear and frustration and I am not gonna be little miss sunshine here because, as you can read, some of us have had this light-headedness for years. What I can tell you is that you may have something completely treatable. Some of us do not. So keep looking for an answer.

One thing I have learned about this health issue is that it does seem to be connected with anxiety. Also, for me, if I don't think about it, I seem to be better. The moment I focus on it, I can feel it. The more focus, the worse it gets. So it helps me to have distractions. Music, hobbies, television, anything that will take my mind away and especially anything that will keep me from getting over anxious. I have also caught myself at the beginning of an anxiety attack and "talked myself down" because even though it seems insurmountable, you CAN live with it. Not that I want to, but I have little alternative. I look at it as any other physical challenge, except I CAN see, I CAN walk, I CAN think. My physical challenge is far better than some people who I see on the street who would gladly trade me their physical affliction for mine.

Sure, I am light headed, dizzy even, and it pisses me off to think that for years I was completely clear and stable, and even though that was somehow taken from me, I am NOT going to let it get me down. I am NOT going to curl up and die, I AM going to make the best of my life and unless I tell others what is happening with me, they have no idea. I can live with that. Although I hope you don't have to, I believe you can too... if you have to.
What kind of lighting do you have at work! is it Fluorescent, do you drink coffee and alcoholic beverages ?
The Difference between Fluorescent and Natural Daylight Spectra:

This topic is complex and highly detailed, involving the balance between hormones such as cortisol (”stress hormone”) and melatonin (”sleep hormone”). Here are known facts in a nutshell: fluorescent light gives off a very distorted spectrum which is very different from the natural daylight in which our bodies have evolved. Fluorescent light disrupts our circadian rhythms – our body’s regulator mechanism – and in doing so studies have shown negative health effects from minor annoyances such as headaches, eyestrain, fatigue, and weight gain, to serious effects such as insomnia and sleep disturbances, an increased risk of cancer, and a suppressed immune system.
From here:http://www.fehrmanbooks.com/health-effects-of-fluorescent-lighting
Recently I was on vacation and became very dizzy like I was going to loose my balance, I was in a huge store with tons of theses lights, I thought I was  in need of water so I left and drank plenty of water and felt better. Two days later I went back to finish my shopping and bang it hit me again, this time I could sense it was he lighting so I hurried and got out fast. I have read lot's of bad things about this type of light and the many different ways it can mess up the human body. We have these lights in our shop and I leave them off as much as possible to help me. I have had this condition of and on for four years now which coincides with the year we built our shop.
Also Alcohol and coffee can can contribute to these symptoms. Lack of good nutrition will also have an affect, and good nutrition is hard to come by these days with all the GMO foods out there!
Hope this helps
Scott
I feel the same way you do. We're almost at the same age and weight. I Went to several doctors and still no definite answer. My head feels like someone is holding/pulling my hair (lightly). The dizziness and walking as if the ground is tilting or uneven.
Such a wonderful thing to say to US who suffers from this kind of disorder. Thank you!
Dude you're not ALONE!
Any of you have silver mercury dental amalgams?  Those who have these can cause lightheadedness, dizziness and vertigo.  The mercury vapors maybe causing these.  Can also cause fatigue, MS, parkinsonism, etc... If you have these amalgams might be helpful to get them out.  Please check YouTube and research the right patient protective protocol to safely get these amalgams out.  Most dentists don't have these safe protocols.  Mercury vapors increase when drilling the mercury amalgams.
Yes I started feeling lightheaded started February this year, and vertigo like dizzy spells.  Went to the Dr and she told me that my ears are clear but my blood pressure is high.  She gave me anti vert meds.  I started to walk regularly 2-3 times a day for just 15-20 minute intervals and checked my blood pressure, my BP will go down every time I walked--my head started clearing up and feeling better immediately.  I try to avoid sweets and feasting on fresh fruits and vegetables, brown rice, etc.... It helps.  Planning to get  my amalgams out next month!

Hoping by doing this(taking my amalgams out) it will eliminate my symptoms.  Plan to do mercury test and check the level of mercury in my tissues!
You might be B12 deficient--since yo are predominantly vegan.  B12 calms the nerves, prevents depression and anxiety.  I order my b12 through TRIVITA --I order the sublingual b12 from this company.  Go to TRIVITA.com.  

Let me know if that helps!  Good luck!
Low BP and anemia may cause these symptoms.  Try to eat foods in high iron like chicken liver, and fe plant sources such as beans, peanut butter take it with vit c sources like fruit jc or fruits for the fe to be absorbed much better.  Try to incorporate in all your meals foods high in fe!

Hope that helps!
I feel your pain.  By any chance are drinking diet sodas?  Or equal, nutrasweet any artificial sweetners?  The culprit is aspartame--poisoning, toxin contributes to most of your symptoms.  Important to read the labels....can find it also on baked goods, jams, sugarless anything like gum will have aspartame.  Avoid splenda as well.  Check the bad effects on aspartame on the Internet.

I hope that is a possible cause of some of your problems.  If it is just stop using products with aspartame, splenda etc....
Hey Gary, you said you were on a diet--by any chance were drinking diet sodas, sugarless products that have artificial sweeteners aspartame, splenda.  Aspartame is bad toxin and has terrible side effects.......
Hi!  How about aspartame--diet drinks, sugarless products, etc.... Artificial sweeteners like splenda and aspartame?  Amalgam mercury dental fillings?

I don't know if this applies to you or not!  But I feel your pain!
What about taking sublingual b12 to help with anxiety!  Aspartame?  Mercury dental amalgam fillings?  Maybe we need our bodies to produce more glutathion?  Just shooting off possibilities!
Try B12 supplements-- that helps with anxiety.  Take only the sublingual ones.  I order mine through this company TRIVITA.  You can go to TRIVITA.com.  Hope this helps!
High blood pressure can cause lightheaded feeling.  That's what I have--I walk even just intervals of 15-20 mins of walking has helped.  I feel less lightheaded each time I walk.  I walk 3x per day.  I also monitor my BP.  I measure my BP before and after walking--my BP goes down every time I walk even if it's just for 10 mins.

Try to avoid sweets that compromise my immune system, I feast on fruits/vegetables, salads, legumes, nuts, garlic(lowers BP), etc...

Good luck!
I'v been having lightheaded issues after I took a medicine called Topomax (topamax). I can walk for about 5-10 min and I feel like I'm gonna pass out. Low back pain and nausea. This has been ongoing for 4+ weeks now. MRI of head, MRA of head, blood tests normal. I'm aggravated!

I have been experiencing the light headed feeling for the past 4 years, like all of you it came out of the blue in my life.
It tried with 2 different doctors some tests and all came back clear, there is nothing wrong with me.
I am 39 years old by the way. I believe that I am suffering from an anxiety disorder.
Like plenty of you, I am doing pretty well with my life, so I do not understand where this anxiety comes from.
Anyway, I strongly believe that the past belongs to the past, the future is unclear, so it is better to concentrate at the present.
I believe that the anxiety is there because my body is trying to tell me something, there is nothing physically wrong with me, all is in my head.
Do not try to fight it, just accept the symptoms and go on with your lives.
It took me long time to realize what is the best way to cope with it, the more I fight it the more I suffer.
I have better days when I accept my anxiety, my body is trying to tell me something, I am not going to die from this, it is just a body signal coming from my mind!
Accept your anxiety my friends, it might never go away, do not do the mistake to compare your current situation with the past; since we are born we are keep changing!
Learn to live with it! Some people are really sick, anxiety cannot kill us! It is just there telling us something, try to listen…
Hello, Heyitsme all the symptoms you have described is the exact thing i am experiencing. ill been to serveral doctors some say its this other say that. no one knows what wrong, have you found any thing postive yet?.
Lightheaded for years, my problems have gone unsolved  for about 8 years. I am expericencing dizzyness, spinning of the head mostly when walking or standing. however while sitting or driving i fell normal. the doctor thought it was due to hight bp, but now I am eating heathy my weight is down to normal, bp is ok 120/79 did some tests such as blood work all came back neg. its not anxiety or vertego, any ideals or sugestions?. thanks!
I have been dealing with lightheadedness from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night for five months.  I had a tilt table test done, and found out I have orthostatic hypotension.  The doctors think it could be neurapothy due to gluten, or an autonomic dysfunction.  You may want to check out the dysautonomia forum, or look it up on the internet as a possibility.
I too have had all of these symptoms.  I ended up in the ER in early March.  I had been experiencing light headedness and nausea almost all of the time.  It was miserable!  The ER doc seemed to think it was an inner ear disorder and anxiety thrown in there, but I don't buy it, neither does my primary care doctor.  All heart tests and BP tests came back normal, CT san was normal.  I decided to cut out caffeine and see the chiropractor.  When I cut out caffeine and was seeing the chiro once-twice a week all of my symptoms almost completely subsided!  I felt normal again!  Then I had to stop seeing the chiro due to financial issues and 3-4 weeks later all of the symptoms are coming back again.  I am light headed and sick to my stomach and feel unsteady and foggy.  Tired too.  I'm convinced now of how important good chiropractic care is and I'm trying to figure out how to afford to go at least every other week.  I hope this helps some of you.  I know how much this affects daily life.  I have three children and we are very busy.  Feeling faint and sick every day is not an option for me.  I truly do not believe this is anxiety in my case, and as someone who is more homeopathically minded I will avoid anti-anxiety meds at all costs.
I have the same exact thing... It feels like I am off balance and on uneven ground when i walk. It gets worse when i go shopping. I don't feel it when i sit or drive. You might have vestibular Migraines... I was diagnosed with this 4 months ago. Vestibular Migraine is when you feel more lightheaded/off-balance then the actual migraine. You might also feel pressure or this funny feeling in your head. I've been on a diet from this book called "heal your migraine" and I've been feeling a lot better!!! Stay away from chocolate, peanut butter, coffee, soda, any anything with a lot of caffeine.
Same kind of symptoms...i only had the feeling i was going to faith on and off for the last 2-3 years and they told me perhaps it was vertigo but with nothing to treat it....

2 months ago i had a pretty bad problem with my chest which eventually cleared up, followed by bad cases of heartburns for another 2 weeks (which cleared up following medication) and then one day at work im working away not feeling stressed and my heart rate increased to 130 or so...i went to see the doctor and after hours of tests including a blood test i was told i was ok.  i cut out my coke intake at the time (i would drink anywhere from 344ml to 1.5 litres a day) because i noticed my chest irritation would come back after only a can of coke and lasted for days....this stuff is awful if it has that much of an effect.  i dont think cafeine anymore other than dark chocolate which i eat because its supposed to be good for your heart.

about 2 weeks ago (around the time i did physical work for 5-6 hours which im not used to doing) is when light headed feeling started into high gear and my sense of balance seems to not be that great...

if i sit straight at my desk at work my head feels like its 'hovering' around but when i sit on one leg if mostly feels fine but i think its because im leaning on something which makes the feeling of hovering on my head go away....when i drive im usually ok but i find it hard to cencentrate.

im going to guess its either the adrenal gland tumour i was diagnosed with 8 years ago or its anxiety...

i've been eating much better the last few days with no difference i still feel it today...im hopping it goes away...the good news out of this i guess is im finally doing something about what i eat (been off of cafeine for 6 weeks now and just started to each much better) and ill be starting to work out on a more regular basis...this time though im so scared i intend on keeping with it (i'm about 5 feet 9 and 213.5 pounds...i was 232 pounds at one point last year)

Ive been trying to lose weight slowly as i lost 40 pounds over a 2 month period 10 or so years ago which i gained back over time..i figure losing weight slowly im more likely to form good habits....

anyways if i notice any improvement or differences i will reply back at some point...ill keep this page bookmarked
I read the first five years of comments and gave up continuing further, so my inquiry possible answer or solution might of been more recent in comments. I relate to much of the descriptions of symptoms but in the first 5 yrs. of comments I read, I saw nothing as to my specific inquiry. Also, to all u all out there, know that u might feel vertigo, lightheaded and/or dizzy but know the difference when posting!!! Here is my inquiry; Many times over past few years I wake up very lightheaded. Comes and goes. Usually at least once a week. Sometimes 2-3 mornings in a row. Will last maybe up to 45 minutes as it gradually fades. THE REAL KICKER is that the feeling is there upon waking but before I even sit up? It is aggravating cuz when i've mentioned this to various docs over the past couple years, they seem to just shrug it off and say something like "thats interesting" or "i don't know why that would be". I know that I should of been more assertive with the doctors regarding the matter.
Don't know if this will help as your post is quite old so I hope you are better now, but that happened to me - one day fine, then a headrush when I stood up and it never went away. I was diagnosed with labrynthitis, with no idea when it would clear. While I was ill, several things happened in my life and while I thought I still had the illness, I discovered that the light headedness had sort of turned into a heavy headedness without me really noticing. This was because it had turned into anxiety which seemed to be mimicking the symptoms of the labrynthitis. Once I had accepted this as a diagnosis and gone through the motions to cope with anxiety, with the support of family, friends, the doctor and Citalopram (from which I had horrendous side effects going on and withdrawing from, but that's another story), I got back to work on a fazed return, and am now more or less ok. I still get the odd feelings, but have learnt to recognise them and can manage them in time and get my life back.

I guess my point is to try to get a diagnsosis on anxiety and see how you as a person can manage it - might be meds or counselling, or for me just having a diagnosis helped no end when I realised there was nothing physically medically wrong.

Good luck and take care.

Jen.
Have you had your thyroid checked? Not just the wellness thyroid test which MOST doctors go by but need to do the thyroid Panel. If you have too much thyroid it could increase your blood pressure , affect chlorestol, or other functions of body. I had finally got diagnosed with Hoshimotos thyroid disease, which is my thyroid isn't producing enough. Taking meds, which doc just increased which is when my "dizziness, lightheadedness, motion sickness when on land, vertigo" ... It could be related, too much thyroid being released in my body either via natural or meds. Just a thought....
Hi, had s couple of short  bursts of light headed ringing in the ears episodes
then a week ago the light headed feeling with ringing in the ears started,after a day or two the head aches came then a day or two later the chest pains started .ive been to A&E all fine.
After reading all these posts I started to think back about what events happened to me before theses events started
A few things stand out .... My dad banging on about my couple of dizzy spells
Saying it could be serious ... Reading a story of a healthy girl of 15 that just dropped dead of a heart attack ... And the third which also seems to make some sence now after reading all the posts I stood up a pair of steps and
Hit my head crunching my neck really hard

I'm honestly thinking now maybe its some thing to do with my neck ..... But just as much some form of subconscious anxiety wich has snowballed out of control ...and belive me i would never of considered my self some one who would sucum to anxiety
So I'm going back to work tomorrow and try to move on..... I will post when better  ..as I'm sure I will

I have been for going on 4 mths now dizziness, along with feeling like I'm spaced out (outer body feeling) I have pressure in my temples. Feeling nauseated a lot.  I have been to neurologist  & a nero sergan several times. Have done lots of MRI 's and ct scans on me. Which found a small spot on base of mg brain, doc says its either calcium deposits or small anyrsm??? Don't know. But hasn't grew any.  I have been to a ear specialist as well, order a hearing test in me, came back good. I have been to ER countless times, well this mth sept I have been 10 + times just for the month. They checked my gaull blather every thing was okay.. No one can give me answers and I feel like I'm dying and there is nothing I nor anyone else can do. It seems ease up when I'm up moving around, the sec I sit the dizziness comes on, and it feels like it starts at the back of mg neck.  I'm only 25 yrs old male. I can't handle feeling this way. Any suggestions ?
Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of your symptoms and have been tested for everything under the sun with no answers!  I get tachycardia, lightheadedness, dizziness, blurry vision, headaches on the left side, neck aches, numbness in my face and arms and legs, my eyes hurt and it feels like there is a lot of pressure behind them, I've lost 20 lbs in a month and a half, I get vibrating sensations throughout my body, and the list goes on!  I have had my thyroid checked, 2 mri's of my head, diabetes check, lymes disease and one of its coinfections checked, tb, histoplasmosis, toxoplasmosis, ana, sjorgrens, celiacs, eeg, ekg, echocardiogram, carcinoid test, endo and colonoscopy, ent, checked for pheochromocytoma, hiv, and a few other tests I can't think of off the top of my head.  All were negative!  I just had an MRI of my c spine which shows a lesion on my c7 spinal cord.  I have had a lumbar puncture to check for infection, ms and cancer cells and everything was negative.  I don't know what to do I feel like I am going to die and no one will be able to figure this out!  I'm so scared because I have two kids and I don't want them not to have a mom.  I'm also extremely tired all the time.  Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!
Go to an LLMD, a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.  Most mainstream doctors still insist that a negative test excludes it, despite lots of scientific evidence that it doesn't. Even the CDC web site now acknowledges that a negative can't exclude Lyme.

I went through 12 doctors before I went to an LLMD where I got diagnosed. I tested false negative in both a blood test and a CSF test before I got tested at IGeneX, a specialty lab that does more advanced testing. I was positive there. IGeneX also found my Bartonella.

I am now much better with antibiotics, but I would never have been diagnosed by an Infectious Disease doc as they're too stuck on an old belief about the blood tests and short treatments. We shouldn't have to figure this stuff out for ourselves, but until the controversy gets resolved, the patients struggle.

There is another test that is helpful. A CD57. Labcorp and IGeneX do it. It is an immune cell that is nearly always suppressed in people with Lyme disease for many months or longer. Also, if your neuro is willing to order a SPECT scan, it nearly always shows reduced blood flow in the brain of late stage Lyme patients.

Check out the symptoms list here to see how many you have.
http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

You are welcome to come post on the Lyme forum to get additional opinions!
I do have a lot of the lymes symptoms, but wouldn't I have swollen lymph nodes and an elevated sed rate or elevated crp?  The infectious disease dr said that he basically ruled out any infection.  Is there anything besides a lymes test that would indicate I possibly have the disease?  I have heard that CSF is positive sometimes for MS with lymes and mine wasn't.
PLEASE READ THIS - I HAVE A SOLUTION THAT WILL RELIEVE OR ELIMINATE LIGHTHEADEDNESS FOR MANY OF YOU WHO HAVE DESCRIBED YOUR SYMPTOMS ON THIS BLOG.   I have suffered from “lightheadedness” for almost seven years.  Within months after it started in 2005, I sought medical help – first from a neurologist-ophthalmologist – reputed to be one of the best in the southeast.  He prescribed all of the tests that many of you have reported as having had: a full brain scan / in-depth eye exams, hot & cold water in the ear test / audiology tests, etc., etc.  Nothing was found that could explain or relieve my lightheadedness symptoms.  Then over the next two to three years I was examined by two different ENT docs and an allergist.  Got X-rays, sinus checks, tried prednisone and acyclovir, but no diagnosis or relief.  At one point, a heavy dose of acyclovir seemed to help (on the theory that I had a viral infection in my inner ears), but the relief didn’t last more than a few weeks and was apparently just a coincidence.  At my annual physical exams over the past seven years, I would report my lightheadedness symptoms to my GP and he would point me in the all of the different directions described above.  Incidentally I am 5’10”, weight 160, am 72 years old, and in otherwise good condition – I take no medications.  Last year (June, 2011) my GP finally ran out of suggestions and told me that my lightheadedness condition was one of those unexplained ‘diseases’ that I would just have to learn to live with.  However, this year at my annual physical (in June, 2012), my GP said he had a new suggestion for me: see an acupuncturist.  He even recommended one who he had heard was well trained and a professional.  I contacted her immediately and began weekly ACPT treatments in mid June for lightheadedness.  I took six treatments over a 7 to 8 week period.  The ACPT results were inconsistent – after one early session, the lightheadedness symptoms disappeared for over a week, but then she was unable to repeat that result over the next 5 attempts.  However, during one of the last sessions the acupuncturist mentioned that her research of my symptoms in the ‘Asian literature’ indicated that DAIRY PRODUCTS might be a contributing factor to my problem.  I have been drinking 2 to 2 ½ gallons of milk a week most of my life – a large glass every morning plus yogurt – then one or two glasses of milk at night.  Two glasses if I went out to a restaurant for breakfast.  A yogurt at night several nights a week.  McDonald’s ice creams at lunch every day.  And lots of cheeses – especially on weekends.  The milk that I drank at home was all skim – no fat.  But I have enjoyed and consumed a lot of milk over the years.  So just to check the acupuncturist’s research theory, on August 26th, I stopped consuming ALL DAIRY PRODUCTS.  Within a week to ten days, the lightheadedness symptoms started to fade.  Now after five weeks of NO DAIRY PRODUCTS, the lightheadedness is 100% gone!  So if any of you, who are experiencing lightheadedness, are consumers of dairy products, I think you will find that the answer to relieving the lightheadedness problem is to stop consuming ALL such foods.  I hope this helps all or many of you.  Good luck.

Wow praise God for you my friend, i was just reading and i was experiencing lightheadedness for the past three days. I know previously i was drinking alot of chai tea and coffee everytime i was at school and work. But now i have the opportunity to stop it, thank you.
Lots of info here, which is great!.

Add me as one with constant lightheadness and fatigue, worst when I wake up.  Done everything possible, ENT, Neurologists etc and nobody has a clue, however I might be on to something and nobody here has mentioned it..

TMJ!  I clench my jaw at night (have a overbite) so my facial muscles are very tight.  one time a Dr gave me cortisone pills (yes pills) and woke up clear as could be.  Currently I'm doing some orthodontics before I have a permanent sleep guard made and see if that works.  For a while I used a cpap device (sleep apnea) and that also seems to help as I probably clenched less due to the mask?  anyway thought I'd throw this in since nobody else has mentioned TMJ.

Hey guys im 25 year old male and now suffering from this lighthead-dizzy feeling. Well suffering or not (sometimes dizziness almost dissapear when im doing sports and some hours after it) i can say that it becomes worse when i have not enough sleep, and when i got enough sleep in morning i feel not dizzy. So it still is with me now for 3 weeks, i think it could be BPPV,.
And it started after my 3 nighs of partying in a row (drinking lots of beer, dancing alot, shaking head heavily) while i was on holiday..
Im a little concened after so many posts which tell that symptoms didnt subside after months/years. But i look optimistic at this, i quit drinking, started to eat healthier so its good for my...
Now im waiting for 6 week period which usually told for patients to wait if they have Labirinthitis, or BPPV.

Mine symptoms :
-Feel lightheaded when move me head down (forward a bit)
-When walking feeling like the head is unstable (something like ground is waving)
-Slight headaches sometimes (mostly when i think much about my vertigo)
-It could be that i have slight nystagmus because when i focus on something (for example electric lamp in the yard) which is in lower position (i live in 2 floor) i see its movin a little upwards and downwards (just some centimeters amplitude.
-I thought i had some dull pain in my ear but it came to me after reading about inner ear inflamations (so it can be caused by thoughts)
-When i wake up i feel good for some min, and in evening i feel dizziest
-When i sit or lie in bed still i dont feel dizzy.
_____________

I remember i had balance dizzines for 2 times in my life but they subsided very fast. Like in 4-8 days. And also i was diagnosed with herpes symplex two year ago.. so it can cause inlamation of inner ear.
Hope you all got better.
Remember its a lot about attitude and thoughts. Many people suffer from worse conditions so this is not such thing that can destroy our lifes.
For me its a stimulus to start living new life, because i was not caring of my health at all until now. And.... yes it can sometimes make my mood become not good, but usually when im with good friends i even forget thet im dizzy :) Fell free to contact me if you have something similar. ***@**** or here.
I been hearing a lot that people here are trying exercise, or more exercise to deal with the symptoms.
This past week, I been light headed day in and out. I had days of light headiness before and been to my family doc, and different specialists. I work out 6 days a week. Morning is a half an hour to 40 minutes of weight lifting, calisthenics, and stretches. evenings I do my cardio. The cardio is, 3 times a week I walk 6 km each, 3 times a week I run (sundays 9km, and the other 2 7km each). So exercise is plenty and in the average when it comes to cardio. I'm on ideal weight for my height. I know I'm anemic and been taking proferrin for nearly 3 months with little improvement on how I feel. Iron or B12 deficiency are a leading cause of light headiness, dizziness, fatigue, and lost of balance, as well as memory problems. Doesn't hurt to get your B12 and iron levels checked. Either than that, the search continues. Oh, I'm 27, 5'6" and 125lbs.  
My brother had very similar symptoms, including the vibrations throughout the body. After many tests, he actually believes the diagnosis that it is a panic attack. I was skeptical until I understood that panic attacks present exactly the way you described, and for long periods of time. Knowing that was the cause actually reduced his stress a good deal and helped. Now he only gets them occaisionally for shorter periods.
I am 36 and have been having these symptoms to some extent for 14 years, but more regularly for the past 3 years. Nonsmoker, in very good shape (ran a half marathon last month, work out a coupe times per week). I have tried all the same tests mentioned above. I am not sure if I have had two overlapping problems, but I solved one of them last year that many of you mention: For several weeks I was having the dizzy feeling and like the ground was shifting beneath my feet. Then I had tingling in my extremeties and "brain fog" type difficulty concentrating. That was resolved fully with about 2 weeks of taking a daily 1000mcg capsule of B12 (NOT the slow release type--if you aren't absorbing B12, you need the big capsule to practically overwhelm your normal way of processing it). Not sure why I wasn't absorbing, but those symptom went away. The tingling took a while longer, and I took some Benfothiamine B1 pills for peripheral neuropathy, and that cured too.

But then a year later, I started again getting a different type of chronic lightheadedness. My B12 levels are fine now (with occasional supplements) and my doc said I am chemically perfect, but I feel a bit dizzy all the time, same at morning and night. She said cardiologist or neurologist, as most of you were told. It occasionally goes away to a extent. I cut most dairy, but will try that religiously again based on the above suggestion. I also did accupuncture for 10 weeks (for fertility...which worked!...but I did have him put in a few pins for lightheadness). I may try that again too. I don't feel like I have anxiety. Hmm.
Hi well I posted back in August ... Thought I'd give an up date I've been to A&E chest X-rays fine ECG or what ever fine had MRI scan fine seen an ear nose and throat doc fine.. My symptoms carried on for a  few more months so had a few more days off work ,but have to admit very slowly the light headedness was has gone .I still have ringing in my ears from time to time and lots of alcohol always makes it worse but I feel much better
Doc says it could of been many things from a virus to jerking my head or neck but almost certainly something to do with inner ear
One thing I will say though is the more I obsessed about it the worse it seemed to get
Actually my ears are ringing right now .. But all the other symptoms have pretty much gone So I can live that
So my advice would be takes things easy for a while if your exercising like mad than stop ,yeah go see a doc ,but dont obsess to much as in a lot cases it seems it may just be a virus that's damaged the iner ear or a jolt or jerk of the head
Hope this helps
Ave you seen a neurologist yet?  Sometimes dizziness and/or tinnitus have neurological causes that don't show up on an MRI.

There are neuro disorders, infections (e.g. ear infections, Lyme), and also blood vessel disorders that can cause tinnitus even when the inner ear is okay.

You might also google "balance disorders" to see if any of those are similar to what you're experiencing.

One last thought: have you tried eating gluten free to see if it makes any difference in how you feel? Some people are gluten sensitive even when they don't show antibodies for Celiac Disease.  You have to be very strict about it to know if you feel better without it. I did and I felt the difference in less than a week. Some people take 2-4 weeks to notice improvement.  You have to read up on what has gluten in it. It's not just a matter of eliminating wheat.

I hope you feel better soon!

I have the same thing. Did you figure it out?
It's so great to see others with the same issue especially "heyitsme".  I've been struggling with the same lightheaded and imbalance feeling for over a year.  It happens the same way; when I'm walking around a store or for a period of time.  The best way I describe it to my doctor is that it feels like I'm drunk.  Like most people here I've also been through a litany of tests which have all come back "normal".  One doctor just said it was just  migraines and stress and told me to quit my job!  It was ridiculous.  I was not under stress at the time.  Funny enough the headaches stopped after I stopped seeing her.

I too brought in a holistic practitioner.  It seemed to be working, at least lowering the occurrences of the issue and the amount of walking time before it was triggered.  Alas, when I went off the meds for two weeks due to the flu, the symptoms came flooding back.  I think the vitamins may just be masking everything.

I hope people keep posting and maybe we'll all find some relief.
i have been extremly light headed everyday for past 6 months and it to the point i cant work anymore..i dont no what to do..can u collect benefits but doctors cant find the problem :(
and i can barely even walk
Hey all- I've had an unbalanced /inner ear problem for about 6 months now. I have had numerous tests EKG, many blood tests, MRI of both head and neck. My primary doctor said in late January that a bad chest cold that the virus probably worked its way into my inner ear. So from the moment my feet hit the floor in the morning I feel lightheaded. Some days are better then other but each day is a struggle because I'm a PE teacher and I'm in my feet all day.

I was referred to a ENT specialist in feb-march and in turn was seeing a vestibular Neuritis Physical Therapist. She has given me many eye, head, neck exercises to perform but it's not helping much.

I had a new series of tests done to test the vestibular nerve on both sides to see if they are working in unison while my eyes are following an object followed by then inserting hear in each ear as well as ice cold water. Don't try this test unless you really need it. It's purpose is to actually make ou a bit dizzy- because if you are ten it means our vestibular(inner ear) is working properly.

So to make a long 6 months short- I then saw a ENT head and neck surgeon after all those tests- he found nothing wrong or alarming. He said to keep doing the exercises the physical therapist gave me an ld to keep walking my 3-4 miles each day. The more I sit around and do nothing the worse it will be. I mind will eventually find a way to compensate for what's going on but if I stay inside- lay in bed- etc... The end result will be much longer and harder for the ears/head to compensate.

So I'm still lightheaded everyday and just trying to battle and get well so I can feel great and laugh again. My personality has really changed over the last 6 months. I used to be the life of the party- now it's usually likely I won't even go to the party.

Any comments are welcome. Write here or email me personally.

Greg
MLBSCOUT2000. At yahoo . Com
Dr. Hulda Clark suggests that dizziness that won't go away can be caused by old amalgam fillings in your teeth.   Amalgam contains mercury  which is poisonous.

If you can't find the reason for your dizziness, this might be it.

Wishing you the best
Did your treatment work?
Wow! You took the words right out of my mouth. I am 40 years old (next month) and I have been dealing with this for 17 years. It all started for me after giving birth and having complications the following day( I almost died). I used to take Zoloft but I weaned myself off of it 4 years ago. I just didn't like the side effects (shaking hands mostly). Recently I have been feeling dizzy, fatigue, headaches, shortness of breath, some nausea, nervousness and I feel like I'm on the verge of a major panic attack. Like other people on here I have gone to the hospital on a few occasions in the past thinking that I was having a heart attack. I have never been diagnosed as having heart problems. I was told that I have anemia once. There was a time that I spent days on end in bed and tried to sleep my life away just so that I didn't have to feel the craziness. I have found the best treatment is to stay busy and not have to much alone time. If I think about it to much my symptoms seem to get worse, I feel like I am going to die sometimes ( I have a fear of dying). I don't know if reading all of this is helping or hurting me to tell you the truth...now I'm convinced I have a parasite so let me add that to the list. I wish there was an answer that would make all of this paranoia go away. Do I have a physical illness or a mental illness...? I don't know anymore :(
Wow! I had an idea that maybe how I eat could be related to this.
I am 35 years old just turned July 1st. June 9th I decided to change my lifestyle and start eating healthy and going to the gym. The day I went to the gym the next morning I had a panic attack for the first time ever in my life. The panic attacks have stopped and I have conquered that, now I have this light weight feeling not just in my head but the motion of my body feels like I am walking on the moon. I have had everything checked out. I still have a clogged feeling in my ear. I went to ENT and he said there was no infection, and he did not "THINK" there was an eternal ear infection. My question to him was what do you mean you don't "think" your looking in my ear you should know. I need a second opinion but it sounds like a rushing of fluid passing my right ear and I can hear my heart beat very clear.
Wow thank you I would love to talk more to you. I believe you hit exactly what the issue is. I feel better when I am outside or driving. It when I have to get up and walk anywhere is when my mind becomes focused on this issue.
i am 22 year old male and i am feeling slightly lightheaded whenever i am walking or doing a physical exertion, i am feeling this for 2 months. I try going to a doctor, they did a variety of test in me and they discovered that i have a developing asthma, they say that my lightheadedness is because of lack of oxygen in the brain which is caused by my asthma. i am already taking a medication in treating my condition. i hope it will go away already. because feeling lightheaded all the time is very frustrating.
Hi Leon!

Did you ever figure out the problem? Did you ever get better?

Still suffering,
Annelise
Hello did you ever get an answer for your problem?  My wife is 45 and started to have problems with her vision and unsteadiness on her feet. Difficulty and trouble with competer screens and cant watch a tv show. too bright. All test cscan, MRI and blood test appear to be normal. Appointment with neuro scheduled for this week.
Some of you should google POTS syndrome and check that out. Also if you haven't had it done a tilt table test can be beneficial to these symptoms. As for the person who mentioned to take iron supplements and just try it out because it couldn't hurt. IT CAN HURT. TO MUCH IRON IS VERY VERY DANGEROUS AND NO ONE SHOULD EVER TAKE IRON SUPPLEMENTS UNLESS THEY ARE ACTUALLY LOW AND TOLD EXACT AMOUNTS NEEDED -BY A DOCTOR!!!!! Iron is not a vitamin and you can overdose! - google it if you don't believe me......as for salt in take someone mentioned its bad. well the very well depends on what is wrong. Salt is actually very good for you. some people should have lots and with certain problems it can help .... sea salt folks .... not bleached table salt. and some people shouldn't have as much. Salt has gotten a bad rep over the years but it is indeed good for you. For lightheadedness it all depends whats wrong. Try taking lots for a week and see if it subsides. if not then go back to your reg intake. Again maybe speak to your doctor about this in case you have individual issues that can be harmful.... as we all have separate needs ie cholesterol ect. Mostly Ive heard of salt helping with these issues..... but hundreds of different people on here with different health needs.  Sea salt is where the sodium lies- not processed bleached table salt. Hope that helps :)
I am just now experiencing what you are going through.  I ran marathons, in good shape and now I can't even focus.  Did you ever figure out what was causing your lightheadedness?
Hey everyone, I'm not the healiest 22 year old, but I'm not over weight. Before july 31st, 2011 I felt perfectly fine. Never dizzy or unsteady. Accept I smoked weed constantly for about 2 years. I woke up that Sunday and since the. I have never felt the same. I went to work, as I did everyday and bam. I fainted in my bosses arms. 2 1/2 years later I still feel lightheaded. I have foggy vision all the time. I've seen a gastro, 2 neuros, and eye doctor and my primary care. I've had an mri, countless blood tests, my eyes checked, Balance tests. I've been prescribed anxiety medicine, migraine medicine and anti-depressants. But, I'm to scaredto take any of them because they all have dizziness side effects, and that's what I'm trying to get away from. One of the neuros said it was my diet. Bullcrap, because I changed that and nothing got better. The other tried to force migraine medicine down my throat. I'm terrifiex to take prescription drugs because of all the hype about the pharmecuticals. I domt know how much longer I can deal with this. I'm sick of waking up everyday hoping to god that it will be tolerable. Somebody help me, please!
Yep,

it was anxiety. Caused by multiple issues and the way my brain works. Looooong story but I'm on the way to recovery.
Hi:

I been having this problem for about a year now.  I am schedule for a tilt table test.  I have the same symptoms as you do.  It's a horrible feeling.  It could be related to your brain, heart or Orthostatic Intolerance.  That's why you need a tilt table test.  Ask for one.  Also keep track on your blood pressure and heart rate.  Check your heart rate lying down then stand up and take your heart rate.  That should help your doctor out a lot.  Take care.