Limph Node
I have a limph node that is developed in 72 hours after infection in my throad Wha this mean?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lymph nodes are part of the lymphatic system of the body, designed to fight infection. So if you have throat infection, lymph nodes in the jaw and neck area can swell up to fight off this infection. This is a normal feature. These lymph node swellings may persist for weeks after the initial infection goes away. Please consult your PCP for primary examination.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
It means the limph node is tring to get rid of the infection. It swells to capture the infection to keep it from going anywhere eles in your body.
I'm not sure what it means for you but i had a virus in my mouth (got it from a friends two year old daughter, apparently it is common but the symptoms i had were more extreme than most cases) not to long ago and the right lymph node under my neck was extremely swollen and tender. the doc advised me that it can happen for many diff. reasons, he advised me that it could take a few MONTHS to go away....luckily for me it went down within two weeks. it could just be a symptom of your infection and will most likely go away but if your worried you should of course check with a dr.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.