Liver cysts
Hello it is me again I havent written in awhile and I thought I would post a question about the cysts they found on my liver I have 3 to on my left lobe and one on my right all 3mm in size which are very small. The doctor says not to worry they are harmless but wants to repeat the mri in 6mo to make sure they are not growing. If they grow should there be cause for concern? I had a alpha feta protein test done which I was told detects cancer and it came back within normal limits which to me is wonderful news but I cant help but wonder if there is something really wrong or nothing to worry about needless to say I have done nothing but worry. Is there anyone out there with similar problems or concerns and have found answers elsewhere. Please any info is appreciated.
Try not to worry yourself sick. The good news is you are aware of them and your doctor is monitoring them to make sure they continue to be benign and not develop into something worrisome. Cysts do sometimes resolve on their own. In addition your AFP is normal. Like your doctor said, right now they are not a big deal but he is monitoring them to watch and see what, if anything, they do. That is the best thing you can do, you can't predict the future but you can treat your liver kindly, do not drink alcohol, be careful of the meds you take that they are not hard on the liver, eat a liver friendly diet, exercise regularly.