Liver trouble / Autoimmune disease
30 year old Female. I have had high liver enzymes off and on for at least 5 years. They go up and down seemingly without reason. Recently I had severe pain in the area of my gallbladder and liver. The pain was unbearable at times, and would subside slightly at other times. It lasted for about 4 days, and then the area was tender for a feew more days. Now it feels normal. I have had an abdominal ultrasound, and a HIDA-scan. Both were normal. I will be making an appointment soon with a gastrointerologist (What my Dr. refers to as plan C). I have an autoimmune disease that borders between Lupus, and Scleroderma. We have assumed in the past that the liver enzymes were linked to this. But I wonder about the pain. I have had liver pain before, but never so bad. this time was out of the blue, and I couldn't trace it to anything. The other times I had traced it back to having had the stomach flu, with violent attacks of vomiting. I have recently had extreme problems with diaharrea. I will be fine one minute, and then suddenly I have to RUN to the bathroom and have (usually watery) diaharrea. I have also had extremely foul gas lately. I have never before had so much gas that smells soooo bad.

The problems I have in relation to my autoimmune disease are:
Esophageal Dysmotility/Reflux
Heart Murmur/MVP
Arthritis
Kidney Stones
Restrictive Lung Disease (mild)
Vasculitis
Telangastacia
Antiphoshlipid Antibody Syndrome

My current meds are:
Arava 10mg, Zoloft 50mg, Prevacid 30mg, multi-vitamin at night
Plaquenil 200mg twice a day

Sorry this is long, but I need some input.
My wife has Celiac Disease which is an autoimmune disease which can have many of the symtoms you mention.  This is a disease where you are allergic to wheat and gluten products and can be controlled by diet alone.  You can find more information by just searching on the internet since there are a number of sites on this topic.  It took a long time for the doctors to diagnose this disease since many are not that familiar with it.

Good luck.
I have some of your same symptoms and find the symptom and disease checker at the Mayo Clinic website very helpful for research.
My sister has alot of autoimmune disorders- lupus, sjogrens syndrome,scleroderma, and more.  I know she has alot of stomach pain, her stomach swells, and has alot of problems with diarrhea.  The doctors have done so many tests.  And can't really find what causes some of the stomach problems.  Are you seeing a Rheumatologist ?  I think seeing a Gastro dr is definately a good idea. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Thank you for your comments. I do know about celiac disease, because some of my family members have it. I don't have the antibodies of celiac though. I have done tons of research on everything I can think of. I was hoping someone would know what test I should have next, or some idea for a diagnosis.
Why dont' you try a Liver detoxification. This process will rid the liver of any toxins that you have ingested over the years. Toxins from prescription drugs, the processed food you eat, the polluted water you drink, the everyday products you use, such as shampoo, toothpaste artificial sweetners etc,. All these things are loaded with toxins that accumulate in the fat cells and liver. Detoxification will get them out.
First let me say I'am sorry you are still coming up with more symptoms.  I DO know how you feel, and although I'am not you I do have alot of you symptoms, I kind of wish I had a dr. who would work with me.
It sounds like you DO have that, it is frustrating when you have different bodily symptoms that dont seem to fall into any pattern or point specifacally (sorry)
Can I ask you what kind of Dr. dx'd you with auto-immune??
If you have the time   ***@****