Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Localized Mid Upper Arm Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Localized Mid Upper Arm Pain

I began to have localized pain on the outside middle of my upper arm (make sense?).  Began as a dull ache and slowly increased to an inability to use my arm.  Any shocks or pressure would cause a shooting pain from my shoulder to my elbow while the ever-present dull ache  grew into an ever-present pain.
Went to two doctors who both said it was bursitis, one gave me a steroid shot and the second took an xray of my shoulder (nothing showed up on the xray).  I decided to attempt to not use my arm at all and after about a month the pain was near gone and I had full movement.  Since then I've started using my arm for regular day to day activities but haven't worked it out any and now the pain is slowly returning.  
Any idea what this could be?  I have my doubts about bursitis as the shot didn't seem to help.  

Thanks!
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
There is a chance that you have compression of the spinal nerves in the cervical spine region. This can happen due to overuse of computers, work involving straining of neck, canal stenosis, bone disease, spondylosis, poor posture etc. You would need to consult a neurologist for this.
The other possibility is injury to tricep muscles, maybe a tear in this. If it is not a pinched cervical nerve, then you would need to consult a sports medicine specialist regarding a muscle tear.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!