Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Long lasting fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Long lasting fever

I arrived on your site when searching for fever symptoms. I have not very high fever but almost every day (over 37, 37.1 - 37.5 causing less strength and pains. I have muscle pain ... [More] s not all the time but often enough. The muscular pains are connected with the spine, ribs especially and they spread around becoming more like a flesh pain, also along fingers ... On the ribs I have points that are very painful if I press them while I have those pains. I had some tests for allergy as I had/ have lot less rhinitis. It was non specific allergy/ rhinitis all the year, caused mostly by feeling even a bit of cold. 5 years before I had a septoplasty (to correct the bone of the nose so I can breath straight). I do not know if I expressed correctly. After, it was not lot of improved, inside the tip of the nose was  too dry but I felt posterior rhinitis that caused me coughing every day a lot and feeling very disturbed in my chest and feeing like having fever. I took care, I tried, and since around a month I was not coughing almost at all... right now it just came back a little. Well, other blood test and TBC tests and X-rays for the lungs didn't reveal anything wrong. I had not AIDS and I was not at risk, I checked also for hepatitis. Not a lot of tests I can afford and as those like computerized imagines, and it will be a long way until it may happen. My doctor cannot prescribe himself, those can prescribed here by specialists doctors. When I had my tests for allergy they only found a hyper IGE, suspected Job syndrome, but just send me to check for some test for parasites, not blood test (were not found parasites). My personal doctor didn't know or consider this hyper IGE. Other ORL doctors I informed seemed to think that it is just a symptom of allergy. Sadly is, that I am 35 and having those pains I experienced since high school, and fever maybe since more then 10 years. It was considered then to be due of the age. The back pains I controlled a lot by an orthopedical bed and pillow. When I do physical exercises, even not a lot the second day I have terrible generalized muscular pains that won't go for ~ 2 weeks , not with aspirin , nor other pain killers. The only medicine is helping, is "aspacardin" magnesium + potassium, this is recommended in heart diseases but also in physical fatigue. Magnesium only or calcium only or other multivitamins didn't help. I have/ had little deforming spine but not visible. Other symptoms would be that I have unilateral exophthalmia visible since maybe 2 years, some doctors noticed but they were not specialists and I didn’t yet arrived to check it deeply.
Well, thanks for reading such a long letter, I would very much appreciate opinions. Of course that I know they do not replace medical examination, I know, it but it can guide me. Hope to hear or read some notice. Excuse also my English that is not perfect, and I am focusing now more on the message.
Regards,
Carmen
I am 1.69 cm tall and having bit over 75 lillos, 5-6 years ago I was arround 55-57 killos. During my last years of study I used to eat milk chocolate.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Recurrent or chronic fever is seen in tuberculosis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders, UTI, drug fever, sinusitis, glandular fever, otitis media, IBS, HIV, STDs, endocarditis, parasitic infestations, fungal infections, lymphomas and other cancers etc. It can even be diabetes and hyperthyroidism.
In women, even polycystic ovary, menopause, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) should be investigated for.
Low grade fever is primarily seen in anemia, diabetes, hypothyroid states, overwork, stress and fatigue. It is also seen in diseases like tuberculosis.
A cyclic pattern of fever is seen in EBV or infectious mononeucleosis, malaria, autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, otitis media, endocarditis, IBS, STDs and cancers. You can go over all these possibilities to see what has not been tested for.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP to run tests and examination to clinch a diagnosis.
Take care!
Thank you for your answer... It would be quite a bit to investigate... by my own. I suposse until it gets very bad I won't be able to do much. I treated my sinusitis. I was tested for tuberculosis. I will do tests for diabetis soon.
Thank you so much.
Carmen