Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Long term swollen glands in neck area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Long term swollen glands in neck area

I first saw my doctor in April with swollen glands in my neck I have seen him 3 times since, today being the most recient.  The swollen glands NEVER go down.  They don't always hurt but it is getting more frequent and severe.  My doctor said today that we would try one more antibiotic and steroid pack for 1 week and for me to return for a follow-up that if the "KNOTS" are still there in one week he wants to do a scan.  I asked him what he would be looking for and he said possible malignancies or to see if it is sinus related.  But he did blood work today and said it looked good at 12,000.  I had a low grade fever.  Wouldn't any of this have shown up in my blood work?  He said he doesn't think there is anything for me to worry about, but I am freeking out!  I am scared to death!  Tell me about this, what we are looking for and if it isn't cancer and is sinus related, what then?  And if it is cancer, what then?
I just don't feel good.  I am always tired and run down.  I have been wondering if maybe I need a B12 shot or something.  I really don't know what any other symptoms are, so I don't know if I have any.  I have been having trouble sleeping for a while though.  I wake up drenched in sweat.  My clothes are literally so wet that I have to get up and change clothes.  Don't know if this is realated or not.  I just now thought about it.  Didn't say anything to my doctor about it.  Sometimes it's hard to know what is just part of life and what is a symptom of something serious, you know?
Yes, the fatigue and night sweats could be a symptom of what may be wrong. Please let your doctor know that you are experiencing these. If you are also loosing weight without trying to you need to let the doctor know.
I certainly agree with the last comments go back and see your Dr. Night sweats are significant when you have a swollen gland especially if you have any weight loss. Chris
I am supposed to go back to doctor Friday so I will be sure to mention it to him then.  I am a 33 year old female and my period has been irregular for what seems like forever.  I just kind of hoped maybe I might be trying to strart the change REALLY early.  Wishful thinking I suppose.  Maybe it's all sinus related though because I do have facial pain on the left side (same side the knots are) under my eye and this morning when I got up my eyes had a little bit of drainage dried on them.  Is this wishful thinking?
If I were you I would request a biopsy of one of the enlarged glands. This will rule out any type of lymphoma. The symptoms you are experiencing CAN be syptoms (symptoms) of this disease. It may not be. It is best to rule it out. If you have been loosing weight without trying to you must let your doctor know about this as well. Let us know what happens. Take care.
It was checked about a year ago and the first test was abnormal, can't remember if it was high or low, but when I went back and repeated the test everything was fine.  But, like I said that was a year ago.  They took 2 tubes of blood last Friday when I went in and it usually takes about a week and a half to get the results.  Guess I'll know something on all that next week sometime.
the other thought is mono....have either of you had it checked out?
I too have been having some of the same type problems.  It all started about a year ago after having my first son.  I have always had irregular periods, etc.  I developed a sore throat I took Augmentin and about a week later had to go to ER with terrible abdominal pain.  Doc took blood, had ultrasound on gallbladder-everything normal.  Symptoms have just sort of added up since then.  Digestive problems, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate (sometimes, night sweats (only occasional), reccuring sore throats, sore stiff neck, always tired and worn out feeling, recently noticed hard sore lump behind right ear-lymph node maybe?  I am tired and what to know what is wrong.  I have had blood work done 5 times over past year.  I get up in the morning and just feel like I have been run over by a truck. Wouldn't someone notice an elavated white count, etc?  I am starting to get really worried.  I am thinking it is my hormones--MAYBE!  Anyone any ideas?
have you had your thyroid checked out?
Okay.  Saw doctor again today.  Mono test WAS done last week and it was neg.  After discussing the night sweats and other symptoms that I didn't realize were symptoms of anything now he thinks it might be chronic fatigue syndrome.  Anyone heard of this?  What is it?  How is it detected?  They are doing more blood work, should know something the first part of next week.  How is it treated?  Thanks!!
Haven't been checked for mono.  But my glands have been swollen and painful for 3 monthes now.  If I had mono, wouldn't my husband also have it by now?  I mean, 3 monthes is a long time for someone not to pass it on to their spouse isn't it?  I go back to doctor today, he said  last week if they were still swollen today that he wanted to do a scan.  They are still swollen.  And hurting like the devil this morning.  Been up since 3 am in fact.  Maybe we'll find something out soon.
My problems with my period have always been there but got worse after a tubal pregnacy about a year and a half ago.  Looks like if all our problems were hormone related they could give us a pill to level our hormones out and be done with it, doesn't it?  Good Lord knows they are quick to give out pills for every thing else!  I haven't had any weight loss yet.  Matter of fact, I have actually gained about 10 pounds this summer because I have been sick all summer and just stayed home laying on the couch with the heating pad on my neck and ear.  I am usually pretty active but not for the past several monthes and you can look at me and tell.  My kids don't understand why mom doesn't feel like going anywhere or doing anything any more.  For that matter, neither does my husband.  I just want to feel good again.  I want to get a good nigh's sleep without waking up 3 or 4 times not able to get back to sleep or covered in sweat.  I am sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time!!!  And I am sure you feel the same way.  Keep me posted on what you find out about your condition.  Take care!
I am also so tired of not feeling good.  My main concerns are the extreme fatigue, soreness in the mornings in the neck, shoulders, underarms, elbows and ankles.  The swollen lymph nodes also concern me alot.  I have poked at them so much I don't know if they are swollen anymore or just enlarged from me picking at them.  I have a friend whose father was diagnosed with luekemia recently.  I have a lot of the same symptoms that he had which really worries me.  I am only 24 and have a 17 month old.  I am not ready for a terrible disease such as cancer.  The past few days I have noticed that my vision is blurry like.  I keep thinking maybe it is a migrain?  I also have been loosing a lot of hair.  Do you have this problem?  i thought, "This has to be hormonal."  But then my friend told me that her father also lost his hair before he was diagnosed with luekemia.  I am going to the doctor this evening and I am not leaving until she finds out what is wrong with me!  I'll let u know.
I tested positive for Epstein-Barr Virus.  Also had a CT done.   Am still waiting for results of that one.  What did you find out?  I do have a lot of trouble with hair loss, but I have since the birth of my first son, 9 years ago.  I have found that the longer my hair is, the more it falls out.  And, believe it or not, the longer it is, the worse my migraine headaches are.  Don't know what the connections are, and really don't question it, just whatever works, you know?  I have been on the med. for the virus for 3 days now and am still having pain in my gland under my left ear.  It is still swollen and it HURTS!!!  My doctor is beginning to make me feel like he thinks it is all in my head, though.  Heck, I don't know, maybe it is.  Maybe I am loosing my mind.  All this worrying and wondering can't help any though.  Well, let me know what you find out.
Oh my Gosh!  I also tested positive for Epstein Barr.  Everything else in my blood work was fine.  The MRI on my brain was fine (no Multiple Sclerosis) and the ultrasound on my thyroid was fine. My white count was fine too.  Sounds like we have the exact same thing.  I tested NEGATIVE for mono.  I asked her if maybe I did have mono months ago when all this started and she said that it was possible.  My niece had mono back in February and I ate after her about 4 weeks before she came down with it.  All of my symptoms started about a month after that.  I went to my family doc and told him about my niece.  He NEVER tested me.  It was his Nurse Practicioner that finally found out what is wrong with me. Needless to say I won't be using him anymore. She told me that I could just look up the causes of Epstein Barr on the internet.  I read that there is some association with Hodgkin's disease.  That is kinda scarry since I have so many swollen lymph nodes.  I also read that some doctors believe that if u have symptoms 6 months or longer it is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  In other words some docs believe that Epstein Barr causes CFS.  I think that is probably what I have.  What did your doctor give u for medicine?  She told me to take a multi-vitamin and get all the rest that I can.---Lisa
Hey, I was going to ask you...Do u have any swollen lymph nodes right above your collar bone?  Also, do you sometimes have a dull ach right under your jaw around behind your ears? I have also had some blurry vision for about a week now too. Oh and one more thing...my eyelids are puffy.

Lisa :-)
Sounds the same to me too!!  My ct came back ok yesterday also.  My doctor gave me Famvir 500mg 3 times a day for 7 days.  He also told me yesterday that I should take the med. 1 wk. (today will be a week) and wait another week and come back to repeat blood work to make sure that it is better.  If not, then he will refer me to ENT.  So,........Makes me feel better to know someone else is going through this to.
Well, took the last of my med. tonight, so let's sit back and wait!  What else is new?  The glands on the left side of my neck are the only ones that are swollen and they do seem to have gone down a little bit.  Maybe.  My doctor told me that I have all of the classic symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and that he feels that it is all feeding off of each other.  The gland right below my left ear is swollen enough that the edge of it is pressing against my jaw.  Right in the joint.  It hurts really bad.  But I guess everybody's getting tired of hearing me complain about it hurting because the doctor just looks at me like I'm crazy when I say anything about it.  Like it doesn't hurt or something.  I'm about about of patience.  I didn't have much to start with.  Take care and I hope you feel better soon.  This is the pits!  And especially trying to drag yourself to work feeling like this!

Pam
Yeah it is kinda comforting to know that someone else is going through the exact same thing.  Good luck to you and keep me posted on how you are feeling.  I will do the same.

Lisa
I have been experiencing swollen glands in my neck, an achy throat and over all feeling poorly for about twelve months. I have been to my GP several times, an ENT three times. I've had blood draws and X-rays of my neck and chest. They can find nothing. Like you the Dr.'s make me feel like it is all in my head. I have felt bad for so long that I can't remember when I felt good. I have to take a Tylenol PM to sleep through the night. I know how frustrated you are. I am afraid that I might have something seriously wrong, but can't seem to find a Dr. who can help me.
Did they test for Epstein-Barr?  I had never heard of it until I was tested positive for it.  It is my understanding you can have it and not know it and it doesn't show up in just any test.  They have to be testing for it specifically.  Or what about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Wow!  Some of these symptoms feels so similar!!  I had 3 cases of strep in Feb., which was strange for me since I hadn't had strep since 4th grade.  Since then, my lymph nodes have stayed inflamed.  I never thought too much about it until 3 weeks ago, when they started to hurt again and swell even larger.  Then, over a weekend, the left side of my neck and back of my shoulder also became swollen.  Concerned, I went to an after hours dr.  He tested me for strep, mono, and my thyroid...all tests came back negative and my white count and everything else was normal.  Well my mom is a nurse practioner and started wondering if this could be lymphoma.  I am soooooo tired all of the time.  I don't remember the last time I wasn't tired.  It feels like I can barely make it through the day.  I am just existing at this point.  My lymph node is still swollen...it went down a little bit but today it is bothering me again, and the side of my neck is swelling.  I had a CT scan and it came back saying my lymph nodes are enlarged but nothing abnormal.  The ENT I went to basically wrote me off. He didn't even check any other lymph nodes on my body except for my neck.  So now my mom is convinced it is nothing.  I am not sure what it is except I can't live like this!!  I've also been running a 101, 102 fever for a few days.  They're making me wonder if this is all in my head.  Should I seek a second opinion or wait it out to see if the symptoms get better?  I just feel basically "out of it"  almost like I've been drinking paired with extreme fatigue
Obviously we don't know what we are dealing with in our own cases so we sure couldn't tell you what to do.  But if the doctor you saw wasn't one you use regularly and you don't trust him, maybe you should see your regular doctor.  Sorry not more help.  Hope everything works out for you.
Hummm...Sounds like you guys might have the same thing.  I don't know how old all of you are, but I am only 24.  So, I know that I shouldn't be feeling like this.  Like Pam said, you have to be tested specifically for Epstein Barr.  I tested NEGATIVE for mono as did Pam.  Although, it is the virus that causes mono. I have good days and bad days.  I have noticed that by taking a multi-vitamin and an 800 mg Ibuprofen every morning seems to help.  I also try to get as much rest as possible. Although, that is easier said than done since I work part time, I am in college, married, and have a 17 month old son.  I woke up this morning and it feels like it is starting all over again.  I also have a couple of new symptoms.  I have been having a "twitching" like sound in my right ear drum for some months now.  I think it might be due to the swollen lymph node right at the end of the bone behind my ear.  Now, for about 3 days, my bottom lip has been twitching.  It's about to drive me NUTS!!!  I looked up to see if there are any associations with CFS and there is.  That has got to be what I have.  Good luck to everyone.  Pam, did the meds help you?

Lisa
Well, as far as an over-all feeling, the meds did help some.  But the glands are still swollen and still hurt, although not as bad or often.  I go back this week to recheck my blood and make sure the antibodies are down and if they aren't then it's on to ENT.  Like you said, I have good days and bad.  Yesterday was BAD and looks like today isn't going to be any better as it is 4 a.m. and I have been up for over an hour because I couldn't sleep for the pain in my neck.  I just wish it was over and I felt better.  I am only 33 myself.  So, like you said, I know I shouldn't feel like this.  I can't hardly stand to work all day then come home to do my regular housework and cooking and help my kids with homework too!  Something has to give somewhere.  Best of luck to you too!

Pam
Hey, so...how ya feeling?  Did u get your blood re-checked?  I have been feeling okay~I guess!  Do you ever have any "pins and needles" feelings in your feet or anything?  It kinda feels like cold prickly things.  Just wondering because I have been having those.  I have also had a lot of nausea lately...I don't know if its from the virus or my gallbladder.  I really don't know if anything is wrong with it or not.  Some doctors think so and some think that it's okay...WHO KNOWS!!!!  Anyway let me know how ya feel.

Lisa
Hey.  Yes I had my blood rechecked.  Hope to hear back from it tomarrow.  Not feeling too good.  How about you?  Looks like we're about to get bumped off the bottom here.  My email is ***@**** if you would like to keep trying to stay in touch.  I think it helps.  My husband and friends try, but they really don't understand how I can still feel so bad after all this time.  Or how I can possibly still be having so much pain from swollen glands in my neck after so much medicine and time.  Seems to stump my doctor too!!  And I'm not sure, but I don't think that's a good sign when you stump the doctor!

Pam
Pam and Lisa:

I posted to you on your newest thread, at:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/symptoms/messages/2820.html

Carol
just me again...I also have night sweats...and my body burns
Hello everyone....I was reading the treads here today...to hopefully come up with some answers for myself....I sympathise with everyone here....I have been dignoises with psoriatic artheritis and dermographism(body rash)....I have been prescribed Methotrexate(chemotherapy) and have been on it for 10 weeks...with no improvment....for the past 6 months my lymph nodes in my neck have been swollen and HURT just like you all said...some times they pick and burn...I keep telling the dr. but he does nothing....THEN! 2 days ago...they were so swollen and hurting....that I got a funny feeling through out my body...like I was going to pass out...my vision wasn't blurry but it wasnt right either...I felt a lump in my throat like I was being chocked...I went to the hospital's ER and the doctor said it was an anxiety attach....I was sent home and I felt terrible all day...my lymph nodes were driving me crazy and now the lumpy feeling in my throat...today is day 5 and I am still no better....the dr is testing me for strep....so we will see what happens....HOW DO YOU GET A DR. TO LISTEN TO YOU?...I feel your frusteration...soes anyone have a body rash that burns near there lymph nodes on there neck as well....anxiously awaiting to here...take care all

Lynn
My night sweats, etc. were coming from epstein-barr virus.  The only way to find this is to be tested specifically for that virus.  But, even after my antibodies went down, my lymph node under my left ear was still swollen and hurting.  Or so I thought.  My doc wouldn't do anything.  Paid no attention to my pain at all.  So, I switched doctors and the new doc said that I have fluid behind my ear drum.  Changed my meds and am going to ENT Monday morning.  I found a really nice doc who had a lot of sympathy for my pain.  But, then again, she just had to have tubes put in her ears herself.  So she has been in pain to and can remember what it felt like.  Keep trying.  If you don't get the results you need, switch doctors.  My doc refused to give me a referal to an ENT.  Hard to switch for me because I had been using that doc for 15 years.  Sometimes we have to take our health into our own hands and do what we feel is right regardless of what our doctors think.  Best of luck to you.
Hi there....I tested neg for strep...the dr. is telling me my symptoms are from methotrexate....and I'm sure some of them are...but! he is still ignoring the fact that my swollen neck glands were there before taking methotrexate...like you said...I think it's time to find a new dr.thanks for your post

Lynn
Try not to freak too much.  I know it's hard, but it honestly doesn't help any.  With kids that young how do you have the energy to type any words on computer?  How do you have time to get on the computer?  Best of luck and try not to worry so much.
Hi Everyone.  Similiar symptoms here.  I don't know if I'm on the verge or becoming a hypochondriac or if they are real.  Swollen Lymph node on left side of neck for a while..at least 8 months.  Its causing referred pain to my ear on that side.  Went to ENT today and he said it didn't feel like over 2cm which would mean biopsy but suggested CT scan which I will have done next week which I am totally freaking out about.  Other symptoms would be night sweats...well I wake up about 4 out of 7 nights with a sweaty neck.  Does that count as night sweats?  That is what is botherig me..all the websites say night sweats are bad..I'm like OMG its cancer.  See I am a freak.  Tired.  I don't know what that means. I have a 10 month old and 3 year old.  What qualifies as tired then??  The only thing that keeps me partially sane is that my son had surgery when he was 2 to remove an enlarged lymph node from his neck.  Wow the stress of that one!! Thinnest I've been in my life worrying he had cancer.  Well it was some hyper reactive lymph node so hopefully I have something like that and hopefully everyone here does too!
Night sweats associated with lymphoma are drenching. This is what I have read and what I have been told. Try not to worry.
Where exactly is your lymph node?

Also, have you had any fevers?

Deb
Hi everyone, I'm new here and after trying to find information on swollen lymphnodes, I found this site. I have two swollen nodes behind my right earlobe. They are about pea sized. They don't hurt at all. I noticed them about two months ago. I don't have any unusual symptoms at all. Just normal fatique from work but nothing that prevents me from functioning. I'm somewhat paranoid simply because I have lost three people close to me from cancer in the past two years. My father in law died of colon, a friend from a brain tumor and my Mom died last year of pancreatic cancer. This may sound negative but somedays I feel like I'm just waiting my turn. Anyway, there is one thing I'm wondering if my swollen nodes could be attributed to. Almost three months ago, I got the top part of my Right ear pierced (cartilage area). It still has not fully healed. It doesn't appear to be infected but it still gets sore from sleeping on it. I'm also wondering if they initially became enlarged from the piercing itself. It was painful and I have read that you can have an inlarged node near the site of an injury. I also have heard that once you have a swollen node, it can take a long while for them to go down. I'm really trying not to freak out here. Any opinions here?
Thanks!
Hi. I have read some info on the internet about the glands and such in the past few monthes and I remember reading somewhere that some people can have a swollen gland for a long time and it actually never returns to it's normal size.  The lymph nodes are also really sensitive so if you have a habit of touching or rubbing them, that will make them stay enlarged for even longer.  As for it being due to the piercing, I couldn't say.  I have several friends who have pierced the upper part of their ears and none of them have had this happen that I know of.  But, that doesn't mean that isn't what caused yours.  Everyone is different.  If it is concerning you a lot, I would go to doc.  Just to put your mind at ease and to be on the safe side.  Good luck.
Hello Everyone,

I am a 50 year old male, and new to this forum. About 6 to 8 weeks ago I noticed that the Lymph nodes in my neck, the ones under my jaw were enlarged. They weren't sore so I wasn't to concerned. Then I began reading information on the Internet, and got a little scared. Well the next day I was in my doctor's office to get it checked out. He put me on antibiotics, and ordered blood work. I went back a few days later to get the results of the blood work, and everything was fairly normal, red and white blood counts were in range, but LYMPHOCYTES were high.

My doctor is referring me to a Ear, Nose, and Throat Specialist, and I'm now waiting for an appointment. He told me it could be an infection, but I don't have any other symptoms. I also have a small, hard, and painless lump behind my left ear which has been there for over a year. I am trying not to worry, but it's difficult when you consider the possibilities. I'm glad I found this forum and would welcome anyones comments.

How many nodes in the neck area are enlarged? Are they over 1 cm and where are they located? How long have you noticed them?

It is good that you do not have any symptoms such as night seats, fatigue, fever.....

Debbie
I think I have 4 glands that are swollen in my neck area, the largest is on the left under my jaw bone about half way between my chin and jaw. It seems to be about 2 to 3 cm. The others 1 cm. or less. The largest one seems to have gotten harder over the last couple of weeks.

I'm having a hard time not constantly thinking about the possibillity of having cancer. My wife keeps telling me not to worry, it's probably nothing. But I have a 10-year-old son and a 15-year-old daughter, and I worry about them and how it would impact our family, emotionally and financially. Well I better try and get my mind on something more positive.

MAX
The ENT may want to biopsy one of the nodes. The only way to really obtain an accurate biopsy is if they remove a node to look at. They may suggent a fine needle biopsy but these can miss cancer cells and are not 100% accurate. It makes no sense to have the needle biopsy. I know it is scary.  

Have you had any tooth problems on the side where you have the large node? The teeth drain to those lymph nodes and usually that is not one to enlarge due to lymphoma. Have you seen a dentist or oral surgeon? You may be able to get into one of those doctors sooner.

Debbie
I also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck.  They get bigger right before and all during a migraine and slowly go back down after.  When I treat my migraine with Imitrex I can feel the blood flow around my neck and shoulders and that tends to start the lymph nodes on there way to getting smaller. I have been to three different doctors and a neur. and they can't figure out the cause. I keep wondering if any one else has the same problem with the lymph nodes and migraine sittuation.
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get mono stuck in the lymph nodes in your neck. I was diagnosed with mono in May, and have been sick ever since. Have had fevers, not your normal fever, but usually around 97, been unbelievably tired, and have had drenching night sweats-not every night but usually at least several times a week. I had a ct scan andit didnt show any masses just that i had a few enlarged lymph nodes. I am going to specialists soon, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts, or had experienced similar symptoms. Is this typical of mono? I did have an enlarged spleen, but that seems to have settled down, the only thing they found when they did an ultrasound was that there was a possible cyst on my kidney. Just wondering if there was something anyone could tell me??? thanks
You don't have a fever with your temperature at 97 degrees. Have you had any tests done on your thyroid? How large are your lymph nodes?
oh, forgot to mention the thyroid-it has been tested twice, and was only slightly elevated which they said was probably bc i have been sick for the past almost 6 months-thanks so much
one lymph node on the side of my neck is probably the length of two fingers-thanks
my temp is normally around 99, ever since i got sick, i get hot and cold, and my body feels warm to the touch, and when i take my temp its lower than normal
Hi everyone...I too found a lump in my neck.  I had a CT scan done last week and they said that I have two small kidney shaped lumps.  I believe they were about 1.4 cm in size.  I see that everybody keeps asking about night sweats, pain in thumb and stomach pain.  I have had all of these symptons.  I did not associate any of this with my lumps and now I am very concerned.  I also had my Thryoid removed 30 years ago, because they thought it was malignat, fortunately it wasn't.

Do you have night sweats all of the time and are they the drenching kind?

You said you have pain in your thumb and abdomen?????

Debbie
Every once in awhile they are drenching.  I just attributed that to my age.  I am 45 and I thought that I was going through menopause.  I am scheduled to see the ENT on the 27th of this month.  I am just worried.
Hi everyone,
I am a young 23yr female
5 months ago I got really sick fever, very low heart rate, throwing up, and my lymph nods got swollen under my ears, back of my neck, and very small ones around the groined area. While in the hospital for 9 days I was tested for HIV the antibodies test came back positive but the confirmation came back negative (false positive). Its now the end of august and my lymph nods are still swollen hurting on occasion, with no other symptoms. I still am positive for antibodies but nothing else has came back positive. I am bugging out really bad. I have a scheduled appt. for a biopsy of the lymph nods but I was hoping somebody can give me some kind of wisdom.

Hi, I was wondering how you can tell if you have swollen lymph glands. Right now the only symptom I have noticed is that when I look up my neck feels sore and stiff towards the center from about the Adams Apple down. It hurts worse when I wake up in the morning. Is this a symptom of swollen lymph nodes, or is the just a strange neck muscle that I strained. I don't know because I don't believe I have ever really truly understood what lymph nodes in the neck or arms feel like or where exactly they are.

Any help with this would be great.

***@****
wow! I thought i was the only one going through this weird thing. I have had swollen lymphnodes for over 2 years, and the doctors cant seem to find anything wrong. i do have hypothyroidism but take medication for it. i am supposed to go see a nose, ear, and throat doctor also..i have been having trouble sleeping, waking up with a sore neck and shoulders, also i have arthritis in my neck, so i dont know if that could be causing it or not.  they do seem to change size sometimes and they move around. i am only 25 and i have two children. my husband tells me not to worry about it but he doesnt know how it feels to hardly ever feel good. i too am very afraid of what could be the problem. my lymphnodes are located on the right side of my neck. i will have them check for those problems you were talking about. please if anyone finds out what is causing these long term lymphnodes then please let us all know.

Sue M.
i do not think your problem is with the lymphnodes. they are mostly found in the neck(not throat) armpits. and groin area. they usually hurt for a while..they are lumps that feel hard and sometimes move around. i hope this helps you a little

Sue M.
these also sound like symptoms for hiv ?
nvm wrong thread sorry guys
Hey i have woken up 4 times tonight super sweaty and one of my lymph are swollen on my left side. I have noticed its been sweaty for a few weeks now. i have woken up maybe 2-3 times a week sweaty but not 4 times in one night... i dont kno what to do. im 19 years old.
please help!
I have no sore throat or cold but when I went to my doctors he said my ears were blocked and tonsils were large abs also glands are swallon on the right tonight it has moved to the left side of my neck my head felt weird for couple of days like i was drunk I wasn't bur that was how it seemed? I'm on amoxicillin been on them a week on Wednesday but still there Is a lump on my neck can anyone help as in so frightened ?
A related discussion, Swollen lymph node in neck & itchy pimple-like rash was started.
Same problems here... And after being on Methotrexate I'm having swollen glands very painful... I coughed up a bloddy sinus looking ball the last time they swelled. I took a Zpac and a steroid shot and the swelling still took days to go down and now 1 month later it has started all over again... I was thinking it may be a virus in my bloodstream from strep as my skin doc said they have seen before. But none of this started until after stopping the methotrexate and I recall there was a warning on the label saying see a doctor asap if you develop swollen glands or something to that effect. I will be seeing a doc soon about this and then an Attorney how handle medical malpractice for this crap... I thought methotrexate was safe!!!