Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Loss of vision and hearing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Loss of vision and hearing

I've had a few episodes lately where I have either been in the shower or straight after I've gone for a long run, where I start to feel dizzy, then my eye sight goes strange and my vision is bright and shiny. I can't see anything, even though my eyes are wide open. Straight after this I go completely deaf. I can't even hear the water running when i'm in the shower. I can feel the water on my head and face but I can't hear a thing. I've had this sort of thing every now and then for a while now but the other day I actually ended up blacking out and it was lucky I was showering with someone otherwise I would have hit my head on the shower screen. I feel like i lost a few seconds and was on the ground, then I felt nautious and threw up. I've seen a doctor about it and they keep telling me it might be the heat from the shower of my heart racing really fast. It's really quite frightening though because I can't predict when it's going to happen and I'm scared it may happen one day when I'm driving.

This discussion is related to Sudden loss of vision and hearing for short periods of time..
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Sudden transient loss of vision and hearing should be investigated. It could be due to very high blood pressure, transient ischemic attacks or TIA, benign intracranial hypertension or even due to a brain tumor. This can be serious and you must consult a neurologist regarding this. You may need blood pressure monitoring and MRI of brain.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Thankyou so much for the advice. Finally someone is telling me things that may be wrong rather then just pushing it to the side. I'm going to take your comment to my doctor and see what he has to say. Thankyou!!!